PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Plus: Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 22, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, PS Plus members can download one of the most full-featured portable fighters in history: Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. It’s also week 3 of Spring Fever, which means a new indie title — Thomas Was Alone (with a launch week discount for PS Plus members) and a Resident Evil franchise sale. Read on, and let us know what you think in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 23rd PlayStation Plus Update

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
Battle as one of many returning Soul Calibur favorites, each enhanced with tuned balancing, new moves and animations. Play the dedicated single player game mode: Trials, developed exclusively for this Soul Calibur outing and evolved versions of classic game modes like The Gauntlet and Versus. Blow away your competition using finely tuned and enhanced battle mechanics including critical finishes, Soul Crushes and equipment destruction and unleash devastating combos. And don’t forget, you can play as Kratos!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-23-2013

SPRING FEVER – Thomas Was Alone (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Thomas Was Alone
A unique puzzle platformer arrives this week with Thomas Was Alone. Perhaps a distant cousin to Sound Shapes; it may look fairly basic, but if you’ve ever wondered how a game could make you care about characters that are represented fairly simply (via shapes), but have an intriguing level of depth to them backed up with strong writing, great sound design, and personality out the ears, you need to check out Thomas Was Alone.
SPRING FEVER – Resident Evil Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 65% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Resident Evil Sale
This week’s Spring Fever franchise sale brings you a ton of titles from the Resident Evil series. Nearly all of the major entries in the series are here at a discounted price; with PS Plus members netting the best discount at up to 65% off the regular price. You’ll also find a number of Add-Ons as well. Check the PlayStation Store update tomorrow for the full list.

Discounts

Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Resident Evil 4 (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic) $9.99 $4.99 $3.49
Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic) $5.99 $2.99 $2.09
Resident Evil 6 (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic) $5.99 $2.99 $2.09
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
RESIDENT EVIL THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/30)

Instant Game Collection
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

Discounts
Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
Resident Evil Director’s Cut (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 2 (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS one Classic)
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS3)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (PS3)
RESIDENT EVIL THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (PS3)
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (PS3)

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when PlayStation Store updates on April 23rd.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-23-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 9

+ S_T_O_N_E_ on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Hi, I don’t normally write on these but i have a question. My plus subscription expires next month on the 26th I believe. If I buy another 3 month subscription do I have to wait for my first subscription to end first or does it just stack on? Thanks.

Also, I’m eye balling that resident evil 3. Can’t beat $2.09! >:) Now, to scream like a girl when nemesis chases me and yells “STARS” >.>

+ Aexuz on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Any news about the 2 missing Sound Shapes DLC?

+ MatheusRuggeri on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Resident Evil 6 (PS3) – $14.69

Awesome!

+ XtemmA2 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

@101
It stacks. DW.

+ DarkDuckJustice on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

I hate to say it, but I feel PS+ is losing steam. That being said, others may have really liked Demon Souls this month. Games have to be more story driven to keep my interest. I’m hoping that maybe PS+ has been holding back and were going to be blown away around E3. Seems like a strategic sales tatic. I’ll be super disappointed if PS+ continues in the direction it has. I have to say, I’ve been holding off on grabbing a Vita for several reasons, but when the first IGC was announced for Vita I began thinking it might be time. I’m glad I waited it out though because I haven’t seen a Vita game but PS+ that interests me in a while. A good pitch hold no water if there isn’t a strong follow up. I know you’re all working hard and that a lot of the problem is probably publishers not wanting to put their games on IGC. Hopefully you can turn this around though. Good luck!

+ jerk_man on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Here is my two cents on the whole EU vs US Ps+ thing. NOw i don’t have the numbers to back this up, but perhaps games that Eu are getting are games that most US gamers already have. The games I see most people complaining about are Arkham City, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, and now Hitman. I tell you what, i’d be more upset if those were added to my collection, because i own all of those games. They are great games, that is why i bought them. But if they were added to the IGC, what use would they be if i already own them? And how many other Ps3 Gamers own them? i’m sure many do already. So maybe Sales numbers go into consideration when they chose games that go into the IGC. No way i can prove that, but it kinda makes sense.

+ DarkDuckJustice on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

One more request. Obviously not everyone agree with this, but I’m sure I’m not the only person getting tired of only M rated games. The majority of retail games that keep coming to IGC are M lately. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I don’t want mature games. I’m just wanting variety. Plus I think it’s fun to play games with my kid, which is probably the biggest drive behind this request. Dad’s unite! (Mom’s too!)

+ tusunami on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

This is a very good update for RE6 & SC foe PS Vita. Thomas was alone not sure about that game.

+ JeffsonP_US on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Why there’s a lot of complaints about PSP games?

1 – There was a PSP games on the very first PS Vita IGC.
2 – The library of PSP games is way bigger than the PS Vita one.
3 – There are great games on PSP.

Fix the poll link and keep the PSP games coming! ^^

But, no more fighting games, please.

+ SHAVEZ on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Never got my $10 credit still. Called Sony Playstation and they recorded the incident but said they cant guarantee if or when I’ll get the credit.

Sony you suck! #epicfail

+ DanteMerfi on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Hey, Morgan. Thank you for the hard work. Quick question…Anything definitive about PS+ members getting free movies occasionally from Epix? My trial subscription just ended and if I’m not getting anything from having PS+, I’m deleting the app.

+ djscimontemplar on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Yawn…yet another lackluster week for the PSN. Once again, us US gamers are left in the cold as EU gets all the good games.

+ JeffsonP_US on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

About your reply on the first page.
I think the current model is great. Two free games per month (1 PSP and 1 PS Vita) and lots of discounts.

+ DieYoMoFo on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Okay look, I love Playstation Plus. It’s super cheap considering you get on average 2 AAA quality games for free per month plus loads of cheaper games and huge discounts.

However!!!! I am getting fed up with Europe getting huge awesome titles while US gets left with junk. I want Hitman, I want Sleeping Dogs, I want at least half the freaking games Europe gets dang it.

+ Fardeenah on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

@morgan with reference to ur reply, i rather have all vita games only and no psp game at all. knowing u guys, u will give us games that we will never be satisfied.

give us vita only games with trophies!!!!

+ SilentShadowX2 on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Trash Update.

+ MatheusRuggeri on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

I will buy RE6, but we will have discounts for all DLCs?

And Morgan, the poll is wrong, my favorite content for this week is RE sale, no “(Spring Fever) Grand Theft Auto Franchise Sale”.

+ J-Kisner on April 22nd, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

Thanks for the update guys, this is a service we choose to have, if you don’t like the content, you are in no way forced to renew it. Even when the games aren’t what I’m interested in, some people are interested in them, and we ALL have a ridiculous backlog that we can work through thanks to PS Plus.

Now, that being said: variety is the spice of life… and we have had way too many fighters among ps3 and vita. I don’t mind PSP games at all, in fact I would LOVE Peace Walker on the IGC. Please, Morgan… PEACE WALKER!!!

Thanks PS Plus team, here’s to some more free games coming soon!

+ boxer_lady on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

I have to say (not that it will be seen, cared about, or matter to PSN) that I have been a PSPlus member since you could be one, and this is the worst year yet for us. There has been nothing of interest to me all year so far!!! I like RPG’S and puzzlers and games that have something besides hand to hand combat or just shooting. I really feel like so far this year PSN has really dropped the ball on PSPlus members. I mean, they havent even given us any new avatars for free this year. I really expected more this year…well, we still have some time. *closing eyes and wishing*

+ Gorvi on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

I’m still seeing last week’s poll.

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

No PSP games please!
I’m sure there are a lot of vita games you can put in the IGC.

+ FranklynStreet on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

The poll needs to be updated– right now it’s linking to a 2-week old poll.

+ Ryumoau on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

wow terrible. An overpriced psp game and lame resident evil sale. Excited for that zombie game next week though.

+ Gorvi on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

As for the PSP and Vita games vs Vita only games, I like seeing the PSP games, but they really need to be mixed up a bit. I can certainly understand people being miffed that we’re seeing two fighting games in a row. There are a ton of great PSP games out there, a lot of which many people may have never played. I saw someone mention Dead Head Fred, there’s a little known game that would be a welcome addition (even though I’ve already played and beaten it).

+ SweetReLeaf on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Disappointed the Spring fever sale ends with Resident Evil sale. Not particularly fond of RE and really never have been but I digress. Hoping Next month gives some excitement to being a ps+ member.

+ Mando44646 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

@Morgan,

If you do PSP games for Vita PS+, then make them newer or more diverse. There area huge number of RPGs on PSP and those would be great to get on PS+ to subsidize Vita offerings. But two PSP fights in a row? Thats ridiculous when Dead or Alive, Mortal Combat, MvC, etc is on Vita

+ DRD_Fuehrer on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Do the PS3 Resident Evil games have “Move” support? More specifically RE 4, 5, & 6…?

+ RyanSaotome on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

I’m fine with PSP games, since PSP DOES have a better lineup than Vita now, so you have a higher chance of getting a good game if you aren’t just limited to the Vita lineup. Are people that obsessed with graphics that they can’t enjoy a good game if its on a last gen system?

+ Ryumoau on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

i would have gladly traded in the free psp game, for a discount on God Mode and Dragons Dogma instead.

+ Ryumoau on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

@128 not just graphics, trophies is my main thing. Also, i’m not interested in old psp games. If you have to give us one at least let it be a recent one like Ragnorak Tactics.

And i love how this old psp game is still priced at $39.99 for people without plus. Psp games shouldn’t cost more than $9.99 at this point. Especially a 3+ year old game like this.

+ greghove79 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

I’d give this week a zero out of 5, if only that were an option. For that matter, I haven’t enjoyed any of the games we got this month. Malicious was straight-up garbage. Demon’s Soul’s is for only those gamers who like to replay the same thing over and over again until they finally get it right — alas, I do not possess the requisite amount of patience to enjoy such games. Labyrinth Legends was just incredibly mediocre and blah.

I would prefer more story-driven titles, as those are the ones where I can get fully immersed. None of the titles so far has even the barest semblance of a coherent, compelling story.

+ IIL0YDII on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Hey Morgan thanks for Crash and Spyro on PS Vita!

+ greghove79 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Also, I’d like to see discounts on new AAA releases. Not talking anything crazy, but $5-$10 off would go a long way toward making this subscriber happy. Case in point, MLB: The Show. This is a Sony title, so one would think Sony could easily offer a modest discount to Plus users. But, of course, it will still be $60 until the end of the baseball season, at which point it becomes nearly worthless to most (seasonal) gamers. And don’t even get me started on the, in my opinion, ridiculous $60 price tags for annual games like Madden, 2K Series, and MLB The Show, which do not change much from year to year, and get dated far faster than other games, yet still demand top-dollar from consumers. Ideally, such games should be about $45 on day one.

+ Soulwind613 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

More discounts on the DJ Hero franchises please!

This is the only game, w/ the exception of karting games, that my GF will play.

Lates’

+ Tim_Is_The_Man on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

this is absolutely ludicrous! I joined plus from my playstation 3 not my PSP or my PS Vita because I choose to not own any of those! I have been a plus member since it has been released and I have gave you guys the benefit of the doubt plenty of times before but again this is ridiculous! Sony gives Americans the old $20 games you can buy from Walmart… if you guys have noticed every time somebody mentioned something about Europe getting better games Morgan Haro just follows along with standard procedure by telling us “we have better games coming in the months ahead”… its been over a year since I got anything from Plus that I actually wanted! These people do not care about us they only care about our money and they know no matter what they do we will continue to spend our hard earned cash with sony on crappy video games because we have no choice! I personally believe we should get Morgan out of there and somebody in there who will actually listen to us! I call for Morgan’s resignation! Boycott Sony until they start listening to their customers! LONG LIVE THE PEOPLE!

+ DeathGazer on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Who’s the one who with the fighting game fetish? lol

Hope the discounts are good next week, otherwise what a crap PS+ month this has been. Don’t give a crap about that free zombie game next week.

+ tgpumpkin on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Morgan,

I share the sentiment of no more fighters (for a while anyway). We’ve had so many.

I disagree about no more PSP games. If anything, I wish you guys had more classics for both PS3 and Vita. You have some great years to celebrate for PS1/2 and I think they should pop out a little more. Yes, I want the new stuff but a classic can’t hurt. Maybe if nothing else we get a discount for the month on select PS1/2 classics.

Also, I haven’t noticed a lot of love for Avatars or themes. It isn’t a big deal, but I think throwing us 2 new themes every now and then considering there are so many available would be nice.

As always, thanks Morgan.

+ CaptainRadical on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Dear Morgan,
When someone says there hasn’t been a big game in awhile, stop trying to pass off old games as big additions to the IGC. I loved Spec Ops as much as the next guy, but that was only relatively relevant for maybe a week or 2 after release and then no one cared about it again. Doesn’t make it a big game. If you’re going by price, than I guess the regular 39.99$ price tag on PSN does make it a big game, despite that game being available for as low as 7$ in most places.
Also, Demon Souls is not a big game for the IGC. It’s pretty good. But it’s not a big game. And the crap sprinkled in between is not worth it, regardless of what you tell yourself.
I guess the problem with the PSN and PS+ is that everyone at Sony must use a different English dictionary than 90% of PS+ subscribers.

+ OneMoreVillain on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

SCEE supports gamers, SCEA supports the casual gamer. The only time we will get a more recent title is if it’s been flopping, or if it has a load of DLC for purchase.

That’s all there is to it, If any of you are keeping your Plus thinking this will change you are highly mistaken.

+ RyanSaotome on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

@130

I have no problem paying 20-30 bucks for a new PSP game (like I’ll be buying Black Rock Shooter tomorrow). I do agree that a 4 year old PSP game should be down to about 10-15 bucks, though.

But regarding trophies, are you new to gaming this gen or something? How did you ever play games in the past when they didn’t have trophies if they are somehow required?

+ sachal_k on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

To those who have played it is RE6 worth it for $15?

+ pmpy_406 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

man i love playstation plus, Ive had it pretty much since the service rolled out. why do you continue to give us games at a discount that you already gave to us for free? and secondly if the content does not improve, I dont think i will be renewing my ps plus subsription anymore. and i am not the only one. the only people they are really trying to win over at this point are Vita owners. you need to keep plus for consoles and portables seperate. quit trying to make me buy a vita!

+ ossiecastro5 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

Hmmm, I am very tempted to get RE 6. Yet, I think I’ll wait until PSASBR Heritage sale next week. I hope they have HD collections there! :)

+ noob365 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

more fighters and psp games for +
two underwhelming offerings, even less impressive together

trying not to be “unappreciative”
though the terms seems inappropriate for a paid service
but being an early vita adopter and a long term ps+ subscriber
I could not be less enthusiastic about this + offering.

we’ve already seen what seems like a plethora of fighters, which I generally don’t enjoy
yes, that’s just me. but if you are trying to appeal to the full breadth of your subscribers, you need to think of people like me… further, it’s yet another PSP fighter?

you guys can, and really should do better than this.

+ Beyondthegrave07 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Finally, we see some psone and ps2 classics on sale! You guys should have 2-3 classics on sale each week! It’s a lot more tempting than PSP discounts if you ask me :)

+ buffalothc on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

@ #30

I just wanted to add that I want trophies. I enjoy playing the games but I also want trophies which I can’t earn playing psp games. I know there aren’t tons of Vita games, but we only get one a month. Please, no more psp games.

+ bt1234567892010 on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

eh, this honestly has been the weakest week this month, don’t care for the RE sale, not really interested in Thomas was Alone, and the Soul Calibur game, eh, the only thing I forsee is it being easier than Tekken (i’ve tried Tekken…I suck at it, and I wouldn’t mind a good, non-street fighter, fighting game that’s not really difficult.), so there’s that, but I still am more looking forward to Zombie Tycoon 2. I’m not really disappointed, but I’m not excited either, I’m just sorta neutral about this week :/

+ buffalothc on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Or at least no more psp games in substitute for Vita games.

+ SparkAvery on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Vita owners have benefited well from PS Plus. Since the system is only a year old, there haven’t been that many releases, and notice that the first PS Plus offering was all the big name games: Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout. Now we have Disgaea, another big name. There’s not much else to be given away: Persona, BlackOps, Resistance, Assassin’s Creed. Once more games are released, I’m sure we’ll get some more full games. But if they gave away every big name game with a $50 membership, there’d be no profit at all.

Mutant Blob Attacks was a great giveaway, as was Plants vs Zombies, both of which lend themselves to the portable gameplay. And I’ve bought a lot of great games at a good discount with my membership. I skipped Tekken 6, but have more than enough games to keep me occupied that I don’t need another big Vita giveaway right now.

+ DOOM-F1GHTER on April 22nd, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

nothing for me this week, prety much crap!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 9