Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 23

Apr 23

Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut on PS3 April 30th

Swery's Avatar Posted by Writer and Director, Deadly Premonition

The development of Deadly Premonition is sort of like finishing a full-length marathon…several times over. In other words, Deadly Premonition is my hobby, my business, my study, and my motivation in life – it’s an all-encompassing journey and adventure. Especially to me, it has been a very vital tool to connect with people around the world. It is a feeling that I equate with romance or marriage; like somebody I love dearly, or like a kid who will never listen to his parents. But I don’t have any kids though. Haha! It has been a wonderful journey, and one that I hope will continue to always live on.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for PS3Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for PS3

I have always been surprised and humbled by the feedback that fans and press have given Deadly Premonition, and by the adornment and cult following that it has garnered. Personally, I would like to think that Deadly Premonition has received the status that it has because there weren’t really any games out at the time that were quite like it. Fans who enjoyed the original will look to seek out another game that will provide them with a similar level of interest and excitement, but perhaps it’s that they are unable to find that same experience in other games…so they will then dub Deadly Premoniton a “cult” title, and will want to share their experience with somebody else; be it their friends, colleagues, or classmates. It is because of the support we have received from fans who have emailed in, posted on forums, shared on social community sites, created fan stories and fan art, and generally helped spread the word, that Deadly Premonition was able to achieve this cult status…it is attributed to their movement, and I can proudly attest to that.

Of course, I don’t think the original version of Deadly Premonition was super-perfect. Still, I consider myself to be very fortunate and thankful to the fans that supported the original and had the sense that there was something more to Deadly Premonition (I call them “perceptive-sensory people”). Thanks to them, Deadly Premonition was able to avoid the disappearing in videogame history unnoticed.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for PS3

We were actually working on the PS3 version while we were developing the original Deadly Premonition, but wound up facing several difficulties that lead to an indefinite postponement on the PS3 version’s release. And at the time, we very saddened to think that PS3 owners had ultimately lost the chance to play such a unique title like Deadly Premonition.

A few years later, my producer, Tomio Kanazawa, purposed that we develop a Director’s Cut of the game. Immediately, it made perfect sense for us to develop and release this game exclusively on the PS3. We saw it as a prime opportunity to share this open-world horror-mystery experience with those who previously did not have a chance or a way to play Deadly Premonition. So when Rising Star Games gave us an opportunity to make the Director’s Cut a reality, I started thinking about ways that I could captivate both old fans and interest new fans alike. It was once again time to return to Greenvale. It felt fresh, but at the same time familiar, as it was completely the same thinking process I had going into development back in 2010. I feel that the Director’s Cut is really going to please both old and new fans alike.

I really hope as many people as possible enjoy this unique experience when it is released in Europe on April 26 and across North America on April 30. I invite you all to visit www.deadlypremonitionthegame.com for more information.

I love you all!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Wario64 said:

April 23rd, 11:07 am

FK IN THE COFFEE :D

toddythebody said:

April 23rd, 11:09 am

Getting tired of running around in circles and re-explaining my situation. You mislabeled the walking dead dlc and I want something done. PS support said it’s not their problem, but you can’t sell cats in boxes marked dog.

Hycotuss said:

April 23rd, 11:12 am

I hope that this is available day 1 digital. I am to lazy to go get a physical copy. :p

April 23rd, 11:46 am

Yes, Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut will be released day 1 digital. Thanks for the support. :)

Axecution said:

April 23rd, 11:16 am

Buying it day 1 =D

Axecution said:

April 23rd, 11:17 am

actually how much is it gonna be?

Axecution said:

April 23rd, 11:18 am

also your link to the website is broken lol

April 23rd, 11:48 am

Good looking out, Axecution. Should be working now.

iriihutoR84 said:

April 23rd, 11:21 am

This is pretty much the best game ever and I can’t wait to play it again!

poodude said:

April 23rd, 11:26 am

@Axecution

It’s $40 in North America.

Nazotchi said:

April 23rd, 11:29 am

After hearing my friends talk about this for years, I’m so happy I’ll finally get to play it. Totally pumped.

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:34 pm

That’s awesome, Nazotchi! Sounds like your friends have great taste in video games. ;)

BlueBl1zzard said:

April 23rd, 11:30 am

Never played the original, but i love a good horror game so I want to check this one out….but why does it have to come out on the same day as Soul Sacrifice? Decisions…..decisions……

Zezzler said:

April 23rd, 11:31 am

Looks really cool, and I’ve heard good things about it.
I’ll definitely look into picking myself up a copy.

Ouren said:

April 23rd, 11:36 am

I preorded this today.

“FK” in my coffee.

April 23rd, 11:51 am

Thank you Ouren!

sheik_ah said:

April 23rd, 11:46 am

Ahh, Thank you for such a wonderful game. ^_^ Deadly Premonition was my favorite game on xbox but I was really disappointed when I found out Japan had a ps3 version that never made it to the u.s.. I tried to import the game over and over again (It’s called Red Seeds Profile overseas) but was never successful so you can imagine my joy when the director’s cut was announced. Have it preordered and can’t wait for the 30th.

Seriously, Deadly Premonition is all atmosphere and story! I’m sick of action games pretending to be survival horror or mystery. Everyone owes themselves a favor to try this game out, there’s nothing quite like it (except for maybe Twin Peaks the tv show). ^_^

April 23rd, 11:50 am

And thank *you*, sheik_ah for the kind words and support. We are happy that you will finally have a chance to play Deadly Premonition. It’s only one week away! :D

Ventus_Fury said:

April 23rd, 12:01 pm

I played the original and was inspired to play more as I got further, now I can play it again with more stuff to do! Swery! your a genius! I love this game and will buy as much DLC as possible to support a prequel/sequel or more DLC to come! Shame there aren’t any DLC Scenarios anymore :( as there was rumor or plans I heard before.

April 23rd, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the support, Ventus_Fury. Hope you enjoy the new scenario.

TebgDoran said:

April 23rd, 12:05 pm

I’m extremely happy to finally have this game coming over to PS3. I experienced the story vicariously thanks to GiantBomb’s endurance run all those years ago, but I am very much looking forward to playing through it myself.

Thank you for persevering to bring this to us.

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:29 pm

Maybe they’ll be awesome enough dudes to do another endurance run? :D

dirtylemons said:

April 23rd, 12:10 pm

Really looking forward to finally playing this. I wanted to play the original version, but it released right around the time I almost completely stopped playing my 360. And by the time I cleared my backlog, a new copy was more expensive than a brand new full-price title (and I’m uptight about buying all my games new, if possible). That, and I’ve simply come to prefer the PlayStation 3 this generation make this an absolute day one purchase.

GAMINGSMYLIFE said:

April 23rd, 12:11 pm

The original game had problems, but this one fixes a lot of them. Perfect time to try it out for those who missed it.

ZombieMuncher42 said:

April 23rd, 12:12 pm

Played the original and loved every minute of it. I am very excited to pick up this one as well!
How many changes are there from the original?

GeoDarky said:

April 23rd, 12:13 pm

day 1 digital purchase, THANKS

toddythebody said:

April 23rd, 12:13 pm

So no reply to my post? Be careful everybody. You’re hoping to download this game, but you might get Heavy Rain. And Sony won’t do anything about it.

dirtylemons said:

April 23rd, 12:14 pm

Oh yes, and thank you very much for bringing this to my preferred console.

Dane0069 said:

April 23rd, 12:16 pm

Swery, you are a straight-up genius! Thank you very much to you and your teams hard work, you guys are awesome! So excited to return to Greenevale!

April 23rd, 4:42 pm

Thank you. The Greenvale residents are equally excited for your return. ;)

dallow said:

April 23rd, 12:17 pm

Much love to SWERY!
Thanks for this. Will be rebuying it.

Good luck on future games, I hope we some soon.

RoyMunson said:

April 23rd, 12:25 pm

Looking forward to this! Will the USA get the pre-order bonus like the UK?

April 23rd, 4:40 pm

Thank you RoyMunson. Great name BTW. ;)
    There are pre-order bonuses running with GameStop and Amazon.

Dragonslayer_023 said:

April 23rd, 12:35 pm

Hi Swery, can’t wait to play this next week! The original is one of my favourite games this generation.

April 23rd, 4:38 pm

Hello Dragonslayer_023. We hope you enjoy the Director’s Cut, and thank you very much for the kind words.

Ryumoau said:

April 23rd, 12:57 pm

i’ll check it out if its $19.99 with a PS Plus discount added to that. Can’t imagine paying anymore than that for an old game even if its remastered.

Nooterman said:

April 23rd, 1:02 pm

This and Soul Sacrifice coming out on the same day. Man, It’s making me all hot and bothered. I’ll have to take a day off from work.

#2,#20 Why don’t you just contact support? I heard of this problem and the person was refunded without much issue(even got the game he got on accident for free)

Anyway, What’s your next plans Swery?

April 23rd, 4:48 pm

Haha don’t get too far behind on your work. We don’t want to take the blame for that. ;)
    For the time being, my main focus is on the successful launch of Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut.

Cat_Corye said:

April 23rd, 1:22 pm

I think I’ll stick with my pop thank you very much, but no really. What the heck is up with the coffee? Was this the way the 360 one was? Didn’t play it and only heard from one friend that it was good, but this looks pretty good.

If not, you had me sold on the coffee.

April 23rd, 4:50 pm

Greenvale coffee is quite good.
    We made sure to keep the storyline the same, but have added a lot of new features, including an all-new scenario that will play out across the game.

enjionPS said:

April 23rd, 1:24 pm

Spy Fiction HD Remix Director’s Cut when?

Seriously though, been waiting for this. I 100%’ed the original game, and I plan on doing the same the second time around.

Bless you Swery, and all that you do.

April 23rd, 4:37 pm

That is really impressive, enjionPS! Thank you for the support. Hope you enjoy the Director’s Cut.

plaztiksyke said:

April 23rd, 1:26 pm

Looks really cool.

Are there any GLBT characters, playable or NPC?

PS: I’d love to see an Indigo Prophecy Director’s Cut on PS3!

RE_Player said:

April 23rd, 1:30 pm

Getting this either physical or digital day 1.

Thank you Swery for this amazing game.

subadictos said:

April 23rd, 1:52 pm

Thanks, Swery. This is a MUST BUY for me.

Question for you, man… will we see you on PS4 next and soon???

Firecrest said:

April 23rd, 2:10 pm

SWERY! I will be preparing a tray of sinner’s sandwiches for this momentous occasion!

April 23rd, 4:35 pm

Delicious! Be sure to save one for me. :)

UncannySilk said:

April 23rd, 2:19 pm

So says Mr. Stewart.

Bloodios said:

April 23rd, 2:23 pm

I’m rather sad that Best Buy isn’t stocking this game in the US (it’s available in Canada, however…) since my house is literally minutes away from one of their branch. I suppose I’ll have to pick it off PSN then (since I still have the $10 credit, might as well use it.) I’ll pick a physical copy of Amazon.com once it’s on sale…

April 23rd, 4:35 pm

We’re pretty sad about this too. Yes, put that credit to good use. :)

heavyd814eva said:

April 23rd, 4:50 pm

I can’t believe it’s only a week away! I’ve been looking forward to the release of this game all year. I’m assuming the digital version of the game will also be priced at $40…i was wondering if anyone knows if PS Plus subscribers will be receiving a discount for this. Thanks in advance for any responses

whiskey_14 said:

April 23rd, 4:57 pm

I just saw the trailer last week and this is totally going to be joining my PS3 library. Keep it up, I’m glad your “producer” agreed to keep this alive so PS3 owners can share the experience!

warrior_of_uae said:

April 23rd, 5:10 pm

Hey Swery how much is the digital download version & do we get any bonus with it thanks

veryhoudini11 said:

April 23rd, 5:50 pm

very excited to get my hands on this. is it just on bluray format or will it be on the PS Store as well?

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:23 pm

Hi veryhoudini11,
    Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut will see a physical release as well as day-one digital release on PSN.

Viewtiful_Gene said:

April 23rd, 6:16 pm

DAY ONE PHYSICAL BUY!!!
I really have to thank you for this game, it blowed my mind when I played it a bit two years ago at a friend’s house. But now I will have the opportunity to buy it and enjoy THE HELL OUT OF IT!
This is my favorite game of this generation.
Some time ago I said “Bah… this year is full of **** the only good games that will come out will be the PlatinumGames games, …something something… and… uuuh… that’s it apparently” And then I knew about this, and I was like “… f*** everything, I’m saving this money for something more important”.
I don’t know if Deadly Premonition will be available the same 30th of April here in Chile… but I will buy as soon as I can.

And..

Thank you again, games nowadays are all the same uninspired, boring and generic crap… at least most of them; so it’s wonderful to see a fantastic game like this on PS3 too.
Good vibrations and love, to you Swery and your team.

tusunami said:

April 23rd, 6:28 pm

Never heard of this, but it might be worth checking out.

PrinceofXIII said:

April 23rd, 7:02 pm

i preordered this as soon as it was coming out :D

always like quirky and unique games like this :)

im happy to have purchased this Mr. Swery-san!!!!!

hope you make Deadly Premonition 2 someday!!!!

Narxivias said:

April 23rd, 7:13 pm

Cannot wait to play it! Even in Quebec City we are talking about you SWEARY, many thanks for your hard work on this cult classic!

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:25 pm

Thanks for the support, Narxivias. Was that you who posted that piece on tousdesgamers.com?

gearhead32 said:

April 23rd, 8:14 pm

This is one crazy game and I like it.

Genexi2 said:

April 24th, 12:04 am

Well, there goes my Soul Sacrifice pre-order in favor of this, keep forgetting it was actually due out this April, feels like it’s been forever since the original announcement.

Interested to see how the PS Move controller handles with it. Been wanting to play this ever since the 360 copy washed aboard North American soil three years ago.

champ7121 said:

April 24th, 8:08 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you Swery! I am more than excited for this. The Whistle song, talks with Zack, the twins, coffee, Emily… plus new content?! I loved the game as it was, so I can only imagine the good times ahead.

I think I’ll go watch Ladyhawke now!

Player665 said:

April 24th, 9:23 am

Hello Mr. Suehiro,

I would like you to know that I’ve been trying my best to spread the word about your game, and I am very thankful that you brought the game to PS3. May I ask a question about the DLC costumes?

Are there more downloadable costumes for Emily aside from the one that was shown in the trailer? I would like to buy all of them. Thank you.

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:28 pm

Great question. We’ll have more information on the DLC in the coming weeks. Stay tuned. Sorry, I know, I know…total PR response, right?

CAPTAINCANADA94 said:

April 24th, 10:39 am

hello mr swery i would just like to take this oppitunty to say i really admire and enjoyed your masterpiece Deedly Premonition. and looking forward to playing it again on ps3. thank you.

Necrophanis said:

April 24th, 10:45 am

Thank you soooo much Swery for this amazing game ! I finish it on 360 and i waiting for my ps3 version ! ^^ I’m so proud to contribuate to the cult of this game. For exemple, when i working in a videogameshop, i allways recommand your game at the customers who are open for an “other experience” of video game ^^ And they love this game !

A French fan ^^

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:37 pm

That’s high-five material right there. Thank you for the support, Necrophanis!

David Bruno said:

April 24th, 1:21 pm

Greetings everyone,

Thank you all for the support and amazingly kind words!
I’m David Bruno, the North American PR representative for Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut. I just wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be answering some of your questions on Swery’s behalf. So please feel free to ask away. I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.

PAGE 1 2