PS4-Watch_Dogs

First Video: Ratchet & Clank Movie Hits Theaters 2015

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Apr 23, 2013 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

One of the biggest questions we’ve gotten in the last few years is “When are you going to make a Ratchet & Clank movie?” The truth is, we’ve wanted to do a movie for a long time! Ratchet & Clank’s action, humor and galaxy-spanning adventures have really been the basis for a fantastic game series, and we think it’d translate perfectly to the big screen.

We’ve been looking for the right partner to help us bring a Ratchet & Clank movie to life, and we’re thrilled to announce that Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment are currently in production on Ratchet & Clank’s first cinematic adventure. Insomniac is honored to play a hands-on role with the film’s production, screenplay, character development, and animation consulting. Furthermore, our own Ratchet & Clank writer, T.J. Fixman, who has written all of the recent Ratchet & Clank games, is writing the script for the film as well.

But don’t take my word for it — check out our teaser above.

In additional celebration of the film’s announcement and to tide you over until the premiere, we’ll be offering a sale on all Ratchet & Clank games on PSN the week of April 30 – more details to come! Speaking of more details to come, we know you’re still patiently waiting for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and Ratchet: Deadlocked. While we don’t have any news to share today, stay tuned!

There will be much to come on the Ratchet & Clank movie as we get farther into production and closer to its release. Thanks for all your support of the franchise over the last 10 years, without you, there wouldn’t be a movie!

+ UncannySilk on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

Desperately trying to inject this inside of my veins.

Please.

+ Oxybelis on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

Why A4O design again. A Crack in Time one was so good.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

it’s actually the TOD design

+ remanutd5 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

@ 49 yes A Crack in Time is EPIC in my opinion, i want a true sequel to ACIT ASAP on the ps4 and the psvita, both versions developed by Insomniac Games. i will be getting Full Frontal Assault on the vita but im not that excited, i think i would be more excited for Ratchet and Clank Collection coming to the vita or even Quest for Booty or Tools of Destruction than Full Frontal Assault.

+ Husachi on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Wait… the same animation company that created ReBoot, my favorite show as a kid, is now in charge of animating a movie adaptation of one of my all-time favorite video game franchises?! This is way beyond epic! :D

+ ngreatshark on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

Ratchet & Clank is perfect for a movie, I can see this being a big hit, & with some good marketing the franchise could even spark demand for a tv series, toys, ect.

+ Karvahl on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

Awesome!. I’m looking forward to this.

+ Maverick_fox1 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

The design looks weird, thought it was the A4O, and that’s my least favorite, he looked so tired in that game, anyway I love the series so i’ll be waiting for the move, and guys please go back to Resistance and give R2 a real sequel.

+ Pashmina626 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

Awesome news to know that Ratchet and Clank is getting their whole movie so now I just have to hope for a Sly Cooper one now.
Also I would like to know if there is going to be a new game coming out this year as there has been one released over year almost?.

+ ASC2175 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

4th WALL JOKES! THERE BETTER BE SOME!

+ nabilafzali02 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

I bet this movie will come out before full frontal assault……..I think FFA should be a free game on plus for vita since we have to wait forever just to play it……they took so long I don’t even know if I’m interested anymore

+ sekaniy on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Awesome please put hints in it for a new Future series for the PS4! It will be an easy promotion for 2015 R&C PS4!!!

+ Oxybelis on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

@James Stevenson, Ratchet’s chest does not look like this in TOD, but exactly as in A4O. Qwark model is from TOD though if I remember correctly.

+ Zezzler on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

This is fantastic news!
I’ve always found that Ratchet & Clank has reminded me of various amazing animated films, so hearing that it will finally become one is great! The Ratchet and Clank humour seems like a perfect fit for the silver screen.

I hope it turns out really well!

+ IrishDude2 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

woohooo!

2 things:

1) Make Captain Qwark dress up as Nurse Shannon again. That was a funny cutscene in A Crack in Time
2) Will it be in 3D?

+ Teflon02 on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

wow, so no news on the vita FFA foreal!?
as much as I love Ratchet, I wouldn’t have bought FFA if I knew the version I wanted to play wouldn’t even have a release date 5 months later smh, even worse, it shares a full trophy list with ps3, so i can’t go and plat it, cuz it takes away from the main games fun on the vita if i completely master everything. Of course you can play for fun, but atleast half a yr waiting ruins it completely. smh

+ poodude on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

I’ve got to admit, I was skeptical at first, but that trailer was great! Can’t wait to see Ratchet on the big screen!

+ TkFreakGamer on April 23rd, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

OMG !! can’t wait for this one,you make my day !!
hope soon insomniac released another games of R&C :)

+ Lord_CBH on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Oh. My Lord. Yes. The game series is in my top 3 of all time, and it has the potential to translate to the big screen alarmingly well. the trailer was hilarious…2015 can’t get here fast enough. Well, this week knocked 3 things off my checklist…..Jak Collection to Vita, Sly Collection to Vita, and a Rather movie. Any chance we could go 4 for 4 and get the Ratchet Collection too?

+ Alfred_Allen on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

This teaser seems like a big homage to “Duck Amuck”. I love it! Can’t wait!

+ Kedaro on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Hey James
You remember a few years back, I knew this was going to happen, I was shouting from the rooftops, RnC need a movie deal… 2015 is a long way away, but I’m overjoyed that you guys get to be part of the movie magic, I have one question though, Will it take place at the beginning of ratchet and clank’s story (like it should in my opinion), or will it be a new original story, that only periodically reflects on how they came to be? Or has that direction even taken form yet?

+ doctorSTRANG on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

I would be happier with another R&C Future game, but it will be cool to watch a movie with those guys. Also hope thats not a goodbye forever to the series.

+ Gamzinga on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

The trailer is really good, it shows the comedy and fun the Ratchet series will bring to the big screen. 2015? This gives me enough time to finish the games. Now all we need is a God of War movie! Make it happen!

+ RE_Player on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Day 1 in the theatre for me I guarantee it! Hope there is a game that comes out around the same time on PS4 or Vita.

+ MurderHoleActual on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

I’m too excited.

+ Berae on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

It sounds like there will be a ratchet and clank game coming with that movie ;)

Anyway, Im interested, it could be a very nice animation movie.

+ hotandserious on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

@64 – Other sources around the web are reporting that it will be in 3D!

This is great news! I have to send a link to my better half – Ratchet and Clank is our favorite game series!

+ torch73 on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

WHATS THIS ??? LOL WHERE IS FFA for Vita!? ?? 3 DELAYS NOW AND THE LAST ONE WAS IT WILL BE OUT IN APRIL ?? NOW WHERE IS ARE GAME ???

+ Hayterfan on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

I really hope Rainmaker knocks this out of the park, I know they made ReBoot back in the day, but since then all they have pretty much done is DTV Barbie movies and Escape from Planet Earth, not to mention they keep pushing the ReBoot reboot further and further back.
But with Insomniac and the R&C writer overseeing it Ill keep my hopes up for it.
Also James Stevenson, by chance have you been to Rainmakers studio, and if so did you see anything for the ReBoot reboot movie’s?

+ LJPvonzity on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Looks Good. Hope to see an inFAMOUS one down the road. I also fear for the Assassin’s Creed one in works too and I’m glad the Bioshock one got cancelled. The way they were putting Ken under the rug, I didn’t blame him for cancellation.

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

We talk and talk about a movie and look at that.Ha ha wow can’t believe it,well I wish Insomniac Games all the best on this movie!.I have that feeling this movie is coming out in the summer time or where it all started in the fall….We will see in two years times.

+ hotandserious on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

+ BritishGolgo13 on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

You guys have made me and plenty other fans pee their pants with excitement. Ratchet and Clank is a perfect series that easily lends itself to the big screen. Very glad to see all the humor and animated style translate into the trailer. I cannot wait to see the movie! Thank you guys so much.

+ Alastor424 on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

Holy crap it’s a dream come true. You guys HAVE to have Dr. nefarious! He is the best villain of all time!

+ La_maravich_22 on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Nice !!!! But i would like to see a movie of Killzone ,Uncharted, The Last of Us, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Assasins Creed, Sly Cooper, Jack and Daxter, Bioshock and Beyond two Souls.

+ detictiveconan on April 23rd, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

I exited for the movie and the sale!
Time to pick up the HD collection and PSP games :D

+ EmperorKorea on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

aww yiss

+ Figboy on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

It’s about damn time! I’ve been wanting an R&C movie for ages! Can’t wait, guys! Looks great! I’m also glad that you guys have the voice talent from the games as well. I’d have been bummed if they went with other actors.

+ digiboy123 on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

I had a dream about Ratchet & Clank getting a movie once, now lookie here! Woohoo! Super excited.

And don’t mind the people talking about the dubstep part, I thought it was fantastic.

+ themajestic-2 on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

OH MY GOD…I ALMOST PASSED OUT!!!

+ dodgedoors on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

It would be funny if they made a R + C game based on the movie and it fell into tradition of games based on movies and was super terrible.

I love R + C and can’t wait for the Vita version of FFA and the Deadlocked freebie. I still Haven’t touched my PS3 version because I really want to experience the vita version first.

+ MrSignal on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Needs a post-credits trophy pop-up.

Just saying.

INB4 someone noting the original Ratchet VA, the change to James Arnold Taylor was a dramatic improvement.

+ hotandserious on April 23rd, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

(((Now please give us an option for PS3 backwards compatibility so I can play all of my Ratchet games on my PS4. Either an Add-on or higher $$ sku – Please make it happen!))))

….Along with the impending Ratchet and Clank: the Movie Blu-Ray 3D disc of course!!!

+ D-Squad3 on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

This is great, just don’t let is be delayed and/or cancelled.

Where is the God of War movie? Where is the Shadow of Colossus movie? etc.

+ nolo451 on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Looks funny. I was never a Ratchet and Clank fan, but I kind of want to see this in theaters.

+ tony2077 on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

if anyone can make a good movie like this its you guys, break a leg.

+ Marvin_Leech on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

I’m actually fairly excited about this, but please consider changing ratchets character model back to how it was in the first couple of games.

+ NYPUNK88 on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Awesome!

+ Joey-Wan on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Sony Animation / Imageworks > Rainmaker. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs > Escape from Planet Earth. Oh well. That’s how it goes. When this makes two hundred million, you’ll have enough to shop around and choose the right house.

+ arrownoir on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

I’m only disappointed that it’s not coming out sooner
Knowing that Insomniac is writing the script means only one thing
This…Will…Be…AWESOME!!!!!!

Move over Pixar
*squeals* I’m so excited

+ Dragonsmana on April 23rd, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Wasn’t expecting this, but after that teaser I’m definitely looking forward to it lol.