Uncharted 4

BEYOND: Two Souls: Watch the New Trailer from Tribeca

Derek Osgood's Avatar + Posted by Derek Osgood on Apr 25, 2013 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Update: Watch the Beyond: Two Souls trailer below.

“Presenting Beyond at TFF is a groundbreaking example of the potential in the marriage of gaming and cinema.”

– Tribeca Film Festival

Ladies and gentlemen of the PlayStation family, today at 6:45pm EST (Update: Show’s over! Watch the trailer above) we’re overwhelmingly pleased to bring you Beyond: Two Souls, live from our screening at Tribeca Film Festival, right here on the PlayStation.Blog.

At the two-hour screening, we will be debuting the official trailer for Beyond: Two Souls and a 35-minute scene from the game (we’re taking care to avoid many of the major, major spoilers for you), followed by a live panel Q&A with game writer/director David Cage, star Ellen Page, and supporting cast members Kadeem Hardison and Eric Winter – moderated by video game journalist Harold Goldberg.

The Official Selection by Tribeca Film Festival really is an exciting accomplishment for Beyond: Two Souls and the industry as a whole. Geoff Gilmore, one of the founding fathers of film festivals like Sundance and Tribeca, has described it as “a watershed moment in storytelling and media”, and it’s an honor that Beyond: Two Souls is getting recognized for its powerful story and presentation at such a high level.

For those in NYC, you can join us in person at the screening to take in the Festival for yourself. Tickets can be purchased here.

We hope you enjoy the show, and remember to get out and pre-order your copy today!

PAGE 1 2

+ PainOfSarrow on April 25th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

this game is on my Radar.

+ CaruthK on April 25th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

I’m so getting this game when it comes out. I would ask a question, but that is what this weekend even is for.

+ CaruthK on April 25th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

I’m mad I can’t go because I moved out of NYC 30 days ago. :(

+ nolo451 on April 25th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

1,000 page script for this game, right? lol.

Can’t wait to play this.

+ lisatsunami on April 25th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

I’ll watch online. And game already pre-ordered. Wish there will be a PS4 version. I’ll need shiny new games on my shiny new console!

+ dinkin-flicka on April 25th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

This and Last of Us are my two most anticipated games.

+ Godchild1020 on April 25th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

I will be seeing this in person. I have 3 friends that are interested in it as well and we can’t wait.

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on April 25th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

See you there!

+ ElektroDragon on April 25th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Prediction: No Xbox exclusive will ever be featured at the Tribeca Films Festival.

+ magicx11 on April 25th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Will the live screening be at this page or the BEYOND link?

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on April 25th, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

It will be streamed in a few different spots (PS Blog, PS Home, PS Facebook). This page is going to have it embedded though, so this is probably your best bet.

+ tusunami on April 25th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

This is cool going to try & check this out for sure!!!!!!!

+ Lugoves on April 25th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Any details on PS4 version?

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on April 25th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

As of right now, no. We’ll keep you posted if anything changes though!

+ Xcaligamer1 on April 25th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

really looking forward to this

+ Tchanku on April 25th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

I don’t think I will watch…I don’t want spoilers…but I probably will watch, because I have no self control.

+ kdiep on April 25th, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

Can you guys please record this and put it on youtube or on the actual video game disc or something? I really want to watch this but I enjoy my games more when I have no knowledge of where the story will go. I know you said you’ll try to not to reveal spoilers but come on, we both know any scene that you show will be spoiler filled in some form. Especially when a game like this is so story focused.

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on April 25th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

We will be posting the video to YouTube early next week as well, and we’re also considering potentially adding it to the disc.

+ Satnamji on April 25th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

This is very exciting and congratulations on this opportunity to expose a new audience to this promising and genre-busting game.

I, however, would consider even the opening 30 seconds of this game as too much of a spoiler, so 35 minutes is out of the question (lol).

If I was on the fence about getting it, I might feel differently, but I hope I can still see this panel discussion on YouTube a few months from now once I’ve played through the game at least once.

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on April 25th, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

Thanks! Yeah we’re very excited about this. Totally understand the desire to avoid any spoilers, and yes, if you want to keep from seeing anything ahead of time you may want to avoid watching the early portion of the screening.

For those of you who JUST want to watch the panel, and not view the scene, we’re going to be done showing the in-game content at roughly 7:45 EST, so you can tune in then to catch the panel in the second half of the event.

+ Satnamji on April 25th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

Doh! I should’ve just read kdiep’s (#15) comment before posting and did a +1. lol

+ NickMulder on April 25th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

Come on guys it’d be great to know if this was coming out for PS4 or not! It’s LITERALLY the ONLY reason why I haven’t pre-ordered yet! I haven’t pre-ordered Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV or Watch Dogs yet because I’m buying them on PS4. I’d like to do the same for this but I need to know if it’s even going to be on the PS4. Please tell us soon!

+ hla-33 on April 25th, 2013 at 9:54 pm said:

AVATARS ?

+ ShariusTC on April 26th, 2013 at 12:36 am said:

can this will be live stream? where i can watch this?

+ Welmosca on April 26th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Please tell me there is no PS4 version of this game…not even in the plans….Beyond needs to be only on PS3…**** PS4………I’m not pre-ordering it but I’ll be getting day 1….excellent work quantic dream.I’m eager to see if Beyond can top Heavy Rain.

+ ro-kurorai on April 27th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Congrutalations. BEYOND is a d1p for me and I’m excited to see its artistic achievement being honored and noticed beyond games media (and events). I love Ellen Page and am eternally grateful she accepted to work with QD.
To a successful event, I’m stoked.

+ ro-kurorai on April 27th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Whoa, sorry for the typo. the very first term should have read “Congratulations”.

+ ParkingtigersX on April 27th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

I’m torn. On the one hand I really, REALLY want to watch this. But on the other, I’m already sold on a day one purchase and going into it as blind as possible would be better. The temptation is strong, and I am weak.

+ TriangleOffense on April 27th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

will this work in the browser on the ps3 ?

+ Welfare_Child on April 27th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

awesome live stream

+ BunnySavior on April 27th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

Looks interesting, probably 1 of the last three games I’m interested for PS3 exclusives. :)

+ Regor91 on April 27th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Cool! I’m looking forward to seeing more of what Beyond is like.

+ psycho_maniac189 on April 27th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

are you going to host this after? i will be at work when this is airing so i wont be able to watch it :(

+ jada42 on April 27th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

its after 7 can you start the stream please

+ j-professional on April 27th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

It would seem Sony should break off whatever contract they’ve written up with Ustream. They obviously don’t care about keeping your business.
It’s not good to be late.

+ NYPUNK88 on April 27th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

Can’t watch it on Vita. :(

+ NYPUNK88 on April 27th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

game looks incredible.

+ SweetReLeaf on April 27th, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

That was amazing O_O and my mind is blown.

+ D-Squad3 on April 27th, 2013 at 5:02 pm said:

That new trailer is GREAT

+ ro-kurorai on April 27th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

My mind boggles what QD will be able to achieve on PS4 if that’s what’s possible on PS3.

+ ShariusTC on April 27th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

damn, i miss the even, can i re-watch this somewhere?

+ Xcaligamer1 on April 27th, 2013 at 6:04 pm said:

I missed 1st 20min of footage…im still amazed at the fact that the last 15 still made me tear as well as retrigger emotion during a clip in the panel. amazing. truly a must have

+ TomatoDragon on April 27th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

consider it pre-ordered. loved heavy rain

+ SILVERX200 on April 27th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

Quantic Dream, you are the paragon of facial animation at this point in time. I can’t wait to see you far exceed the future competition on the PS4.

+ neuropunk on April 27th, 2013 at 7:58 pm said:

I want to play video games, not watch interactive movies. I hate all the crappy fads in modern games. Whatever happened to video games being video games?

All the more reason why Nintendo puts Sony and most other devs to shame, since Nintendo still makes much better games than all this wannabe movie crap.

+ Busca-Cabezas on April 27th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

I LOVE Ellen Paige!! I can’t wait to experience this game!!! QUANTICDREAM, can I get a Woot! Woot!!!!! :D

+ Seeby4 on April 27th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

To bad the special edition is only available at GameStop. I refuse to shop at my local one.
But I can’t wait for the game. Looks absolutely incredible.
The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls are going to be the last 2 games I purchase before the PS4 is released. Going to be an amazing last 2 games I play before the next generation of consoles begins.

+ NickMulder on April 27th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

AHA! Look! It said ONLY ON PLAYSTATION! Not only on PLAYSTATION 3! That SHOULD be confirmation of a PS4 version then. THANK YOU ;)

+ iREVOLTER on April 27th, 2013 at 11:28 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game, really QD, you guys are awesome and your games are awesome. I hope your awesomeness will be transferred to PS4 in the future.

+ gueelfo99 on April 28th, 2013 at 12:27 am said:

Terrific trailer :)

was wondering if you (PSN) are planning to put more JRPG and RPG games (classics and retail) on weekly deal or some sort of discount?

I’m really enjoying Dragon Fantasy Book and I don’t want to turn the enjoyment “off” when I finish the game.

+ akisuo on April 28th, 2013 at 3:52 am said:

That was amazing. It actually gave me goosebumps watching it. =)

+ Rainwater on April 28th, 2013 at 5:46 am said:

This is officially my number one most wanted game. I loved Heavy Rain (despite its flaws) and I’m sold on what I’ve seen in “Beyond: Two Souls” so far. Looks like Ellen Page is turning in another fantastic performance.

+ Wirapuru on April 28th, 2013 at 6:51 am said:

That’s my number one game of this year since it was announced at last E3. I’ll play it whatever I have to do!

And, hey guys if you’re into it like I am someone just uploaded the Q7Q video at Tribeca’s! I don’t know if I can post links here so just:

1. Go to YouTube
2. Search for “Beyond: Two Souls – Q&A (2013 Tribeca Film Festival)”

It’s the 42min lenght one, it’s really worth it!

+ MazdaJDB on April 28th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

My wife thought it was a movie until the Playstation logo showed up in the end. Too funny. Game looks beautiful.

+ Sephir007 on April 28th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

I will have this game launch day! I hope it gets a day one digital release too.

PAGE 1 2