Farpoint

Apr 25

Apr 25

Stealth B**tard is now Stealth Inc. – A Clone in the Dark, Coming to PSN

Sam Robinson's Avatar Posted by Lead Designer, Curve Studios

Stealth Inc for PS3 and PS Vita

Hello! It brings me great pleasure to announce that the renaming competition for Stealth B**stard, our wonderfully nefarious stealth-puzzle-platformer, was a complete success! Rather than picking just one of our favorite entries, we’ve chosen two and fused them together to create one ultimate, unified gaming title:

Stealth Inc. – A Clone in the Dark!

Stealth Inc for PS3 and PS Vita

Stealth Inc for PS3 and PS VitaStealth Inc for PS3 and PS Vita

It’s with this we’d like to congratulate Ash Baker for ‘Stealth Inc.’ (and for the other 250 entries submitted thereafter) and Ben Collins for ‘A Clone in the Dark’. You will both be awarded a PS Vita, a copy of Stealth Inc. – A Clone in the Dark when it’s released and you will both appear in the credits of the game! You are both stars and we are eternally grateful to you both for coming up with a clean name that our coarse minds were incapable of formulating!

If you yourself entered one of the above ideas for a game title but are not listed as a winner, this is because we had to accept winning entries on a first come, first serve basis… we simply do not have that many PS Vitas to give away! Take solace in the fact that your mind is powerful and the world is your oyster!

I’d like to express my gratitude to all 3,500+ of you that entered (yes, even those of you who submitted the perverted ‘Stealth Orgasm,’ the outlandish ‘Ze goggles! Zey do something!’, and the more classy ‘El Chappo Stealtho’). They were all worthy titles, but there could be only one… well, two!

I hope you are all as excited as we are for our new name and that you enjoy the new screenshots accompanying this blog post! Be sure to stay tuned for more updates as we head towards our summer release!

Add Your Own

Scaramanga1983 said:

April 25th, 8:07 am

The title says “a clone in time”. You guys should fix that.

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 8:26 am

Thanks Scaramanga, hopefully someone will correct this ASAP!

BushLovesOsama said:

April 25th, 8:17 am

Oh lols, the Stealth Orgasm XD Congrats to the winners :D

shrimpdude said:

April 25th, 8:21 am

You can’t say bastard on the blog? Bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard!

Gorvi said:

April 25th, 8:22 am

I like the new title, I wish I could remember what the heck I submitted myself. I’m really looking forward to this, I’ve been loving the indie games on the Vita (Machinarium, Dragon Fantasy, Thomas Was Alone…..).

chavez1138 said:

April 25th, 8:28 am

I really don’t like that name and will not be buying it,,, don’t listen to me, I’m just mad for not getting a free Vita

ER_Medic said:

April 25th, 8:35 am

Not buying on principle that a name change for the US is b$lls#&t.

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 8:58 am

The name change is actually for the whole world, not limited to just the US.

Whilst we will always have a nostalgic fondness for the old title, we’re very happy with the new name as it will reach a wider audience as a result. Also, this version of the game is redone in 3D and is now HD, so the new name also helps to differentiate the new game from the old one.

AguilarX said:

April 25th, 8:36 am

still prefer the orginal name, but I also prefer this game to be on my vita asap! can’t put down my Vita ever since the spring indie promotion

aro52 said:

April 25th, 8:40 am

Darn, I didn’t win. Looking forward to the game anyways!

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 8:43 am

Thank you for entering! We enjoyed making Hamish (one of our designers) go through all 3500+ entries!

poodude said:

April 25th, 8:53 am

Just wanted to say that I’m really impressed with your Vita port of Thomas Was Alone. Definitely spiked my interest for Stealth Bas- I mean Stealth Inc!

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 9:25 am

Thank you, that’s very kind of you to say. TWA is an excellent game and we are very happy that we got the opportunity to port it! We hope you enjoy Stealth Inc!

PainOfSarrow said:

April 25th, 9:06 am

is this for the Vita only ? if its a regular psn game aswell i might get it. how many levels and length ?

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 9:19 am

This will be available on PS3 and PS Vita. Not only this, but they’re available on Cross-Buy, so one purchase will get you ‘Stealth Inc. – A Clone In The Dark’ on both platforms!

There are 80 levels, spread over 8 worlds. There are speedrun leaderboards and secret collectibles hidden in every level, plus you can unlock 5 Gadgets (such as a Stealth Camosuit or Teleporters) to replay the levels over and over in different ways.

It’s hard to put a time frame on how long this would take you personally to complete, as everyone plays at varying speeds, but it would probably take you at least 10 hours to unlock everything.

PhoenixDowny said:

April 25th, 9:34 am

WOW! This game looks great and the subtitle “A Clone In The Dark” is pretty cool. I’m definitely going to download this since it has Cross-Buy for both PS3 and Vita. I’m really happy to see that Game Developers and Sony isn’t abandoning the PS3 even with the PS4 on the horizon. I read an article where a Sony representative stated that the PS4 isn’t a replacement for the PS3 but a mere addition to the family which is good because I’m not going to buy a PS4 right at launch anyway.

PainOfSarrow said:

April 25th, 9:35 am

Sam Robinson, very niceeee. 10 hours to fully unlock all sounds good. i just saw a trailer on youtube. its exactlyyy my type of game. any level editor ? if not its kool. il buy this game day one regardles. cant wait for release.

dallow said:

April 25th, 9:38 am

Awesome name! Glad you got some good entries. Will be picking this up.

Doc_Tury said:

April 25th, 9:45 am

Looks Great!Love the New Title! Day 1 Download for me!

VG_JUNKY said:

April 25th, 9:55 am

THANK YOU sam for answering the questions on this blog post quickly! I haven’t seen so many active replies to comments on the ps blog in a while :)
Think I’ll be get Stealth Inc this summer, great name btw and also thank u PainofSorrow for asking the question thats always on everyones mind!

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 10:03 am

You’re very welcome, I try to answer all questions that I can. Thank you for checking out the Playstation Blog!

Gamers that comment on the Playstation Blog tend to be very happy and of good nature, it’s a pleasure to reply to you all.

Dark_Yoda_313 said:

April 25th, 10:00 am

That’s a good pick for a name, much better than my own submission: Kettle Near Squalid.

What was I thinking?

NYPUNK88 said:

April 25th, 10:01 am

looks pretty good, will check it out when it drops. :)

zeothedeathgod said:

April 25th, 10:02 am

“We hope you get a chance to try it out ‘Stealth Inc. – A Clone In The Dark,’ regardless of whether you buy or not!”

after reading that comment, i may buy it just for that. I love when developers don’t get greedy and just want people to enjoy and play their games and help them out (two free vitas is amazing). I think thats what games should be about. Looking pretty great from the screenshots:D.

PainOfSarrow said:

April 25th, 10:04 am

VG_JUNKY Your Welcome :)

XeahuleXolic said:

April 25th, 10:05 am

look cool how much?? :) Names are names some names change all the time a fun title to play and enjoy is what really matters

zeothedeathgod said:

April 25th, 10:11 am

is there a price range yet that i missed?:)

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 25th, 10:24 am

The price hasn’t been determined yet! This will be disclosed at a date closer to release.

Topher_Man said:

April 25th, 10:18 am

Dang, I can’t remember what name I submitted. But I remember feeling pretty clever. Just wish I could remember what it was!

dorkgeniuz21 said:

April 25th, 10:36 am

Love the new name but of coarse I am still in love with the name stealth bastard. Will this game have cross-controller for those of us who like suing or vita’s as ps3 controllers for ps3 games?

xClayMeow said:

April 25th, 11:07 am

Please tell me there will be a demo! One of the main reasons I haven’t picked it up on Steam is the lack of a demo. Yeah, it’s “only” $10, but when I have hundreds of games in my backlog, I don’t need to go around spending money if it’s not something I can try first and ensure it’d be something I’d like, and that’s especially true for Vita games.

TL;DR: DEMO PLEASE!

TubaDude49 said:

April 25th, 11:32 am

Ah well, looks like “Arsenal Infiltrator Deluxe” didn’t make the cut.
Congrats to the winners.

SpaceOddity87 said:

April 25th, 12:14 pm

I think the original title was more memorable, but I’m still interested in the game.

Tremulan777 said:

April 25th, 12:27 pm

It would have been nice to see a trailer for this game. But thanks for the post anyway.

tusunami said:

April 25th, 12:28 pm

I hope this will be cross buy if not, PS Vita purchase definately.

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 26th, 3:01 am

This will indeed be Cross-Buy!

Tremulan777 said:

April 25th, 12:41 pm

@ 28 it does have cross-buy. So you get the two. As for me I’m all the way vita:)

Renan_Acid said:

April 25th, 1:05 pm

Aww… Come on! Why didn’t I win? “Perilous Stealth Shenanigans” was the perfect name for this game. I am disappointed. :(

Elvick_ said:

April 25th, 2:44 pm

I actually like this name more. I had no issues with the previous one though.

Bring it on. :D

JimmyNEUTRON413 said:

April 25th, 3:47 pm

when can we expect this? I would love to play now!

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 26th, 4:18 am

The game will be released mid-year 2013!

jusmoore2-1673 said:

April 25th, 6:15 pm

really i thought my new perfect title for the upcoming game is Stealth Agent HD was super cool & awesome right?

wilfareus said:

April 25th, 6:17 pm

glad to hear that it’s “Cross-Buy”!
I’ve been gaming more and more on my Vita, hope more developers choose to bring their games to the Vita like you did!

NinjaMicWZ said:

April 25th, 8:03 pm

Eagerly awaiting this game on Vita. Wish my suggestions had won, though :P

maxikd said:

April 25th, 8:39 pm

I’m looking to play this game!

ER_Medic said:

April 25th, 9:14 pm

Respect the reply. I apologise for the brashness.

Rezolution77 said:

April 26th, 12:07 am

Now this is a game, I think I may sink my teeth into.

And with the Resident Evil sale, the plus membership paid for itself.

Hope other retro games , will make games that have what appears this game will have in replayability.

Nice touch on the Crossbuy, as one of my four sons, is bound to love it.

Dang, and I thought A Silent Knight was at least worth an honorable mention :(

Sam Robinson's Avatar

Sam Robinson said:

April 26th, 3:06 am

Silent Knight is a good entry! Consider yourself honored!

Korghano said:

April 26th, 12:40 am

The Giant Bomb quicklook made this look great. Definitely looking forward to this.

biogenic said:

April 26th, 2:27 am

This is a no brainer day 1 purchase.

jts2082 said:

April 26th, 8:53 am

I’m glad they renamed it.It might be a good game.

jts2082 said:

April 26th, 8:56 am

Fusion Frenzy, and the directv app would be great for PSVITA!

RE_Player said:

April 26th, 10:14 pm

Hope it’s early summer. Game looks cool.

nateofdeath said:

April 27th, 12:03 pm

u might want to censor the title in a different way, as it currently looks like B “tard”, the quoted word being more offensive than the original expletive IMO. maybe go for b*stard. just a thought, not a comment on the game. gl

-n

MrPatrick16 said:

April 27th, 2:12 pm

my submission was “Clone Gone Rogue”…i thought it was pretty clever

nateofdeath said:

April 28th, 9:55 am

sry, i wasn’ paying attention …