PS4-The Order

LittleBigPlanet Update: It’s Mariachi Time!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Apr 29, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Mariachi_Header

The 5th of May sees the annual Cinco de Mayo celebrations in America and Mexico, so to celebrate the occasion we wanted to ensure that your Sackperson has the right attire for the party by re-releasing the FREE Mariachi Costume for One Week Only!

LittleBigPlanet 2 Logo

LittleBigPlanet Picks

Our LittleBigPlanet Picks this week include a whole range of platforming adventures, puzzle games and Kart races across the LittleBigPlanet series. Check out what we have lined up for you this week and be sure to queue up all these great levels and give them a play.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks

Vesi by quarterkin

Portals of Time!
by Five-Ate-Five

You can find these incredible levels and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Logo

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks

Iota's Memory Match

Iota’s Memory Match [Minigame] By Kapum

Iota's Memory Match Screenshot

Little Big Gravitron

Little BIG Gravitron (vita edition)
By Tuurahk

Event Horizon

Event Horizon / Горизонт Событий [Eng/Рус] By ZedCOcoZza

You can have these games ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks

LittleBigPlanet Karting Logo

LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks

A Far East Wok
by punishthem420

Last Frontier
by o0O_ENDER_O0o

Race on over and challenge your friends in the latest LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have a great level to share with the community or a stunning video that shows off your favorite levels and creations, be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet

Mariachi Costume

+ D-Squad3 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

LBP3 for PS4?

+ Dientes_chuecos on April 29th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

El mariachi loco quiere bailar
El mariachi loco quiere bailar

Quiere bailar el mariachi loco
Quiere bailar el mariachi loco

El mariachi loco quiere tomar
El mariachi loco quiere tomar

The crazy mariachi wants to dance
The crazy mariachi wants to dance

Want to dance the mariachi loco
Want to dance the mariachi loco

The crazy mariachi wants to drink
The crazy mariachi wants to dirnk

+ gohan16ken on April 29th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Thank you for updating the Sony Entertainment Network to allow auto download to PS3. I noticed one glitch/annoyance. If while the PS3 is already on and I purchase a game from the web store, it will not auto download until I turn it off and on again. It seems it only triggers an auto download only when the PS3 is turned off. Please change that to always check and trigger auto download. Yes, I am lazy. I like buying games from the web store instead of the built in store.

Also, please create two step verification for the online store. I want to feel secure.

Finally, please allow users with PayPal to auto pull funds to cover balances. If I do not have enough funds, I have to first add the funds and then make the purchase. Instead, I would like to be able to do the purchase and have the system pull the amount needed from PayPal.

I am thinking about getting a PS Vita. There are 23 digital downloadable games that I want for it. Do you think there will be a price cut or a hardware refresh of the Vita for E3? I am trying to decide if I should get it now or wait until E3.

+ The5rozos on April 29th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Could we please get some new LBP avatars? There haven’t been any since the release of LBP2, why didn’t LBPV or LBPK give us any?

+ ASC2175 on April 29th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

BRING ON DA MARIACHI BAND!

(Plays Metallica)

DAS MAAHHH MARIACHIII!

+ Caoz_Bros_Lopez on April 29th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

That is a good looking sackboy.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 29th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

And he plays a mean trumpet! =D

+ Welmosca on April 29th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Please no LBP3……cool Mariachi costume I have it already good for those who don’t….nice LBP2 Mm picks gotta check’em out…will play it today.And I agree with The5rozos we really need more avatars of LBP.

+ Satnamji on April 29th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Thanks for the new LBP Karting Picks! I was getting tired of always seeing those winter and Mario Kart-themed ones. Please keep them coming. Adding them to my lbpk.me queue now.

+ Satnamji on April 29th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

@Steven. Thanks! When I go to the Team Picks section in-game, it’s always the same ones at the top and I have to drill down the list quite a few times to see any I haven’t done yet. I now see on lbpk.me there are so many more I wasn’t aware of. This is great! It would be nice if there was a way to randomize them in-game so these newer ones with lower plays are more visible. To be honest, some of the ones near the top were created pretty early in LBPK’s life, and just aren’t as good as some of these others.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 29th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

That’s a known bug with the game, the Team Picks should be displaying with the latest Team Picks being displayed first.

We’re currently working on fixing it and should hopefully be able to update this in-game soon.

+ Satnamji on April 29th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

@Steven. That’s good to hear! Looking forward to getting back in the game.

+ Vcheese on April 29th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

AYAYAYAYAY, andale andale arriba arriba yeepa!

+ Elvick_ on April 29th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Can’t wait for some Tearaway costumes in LBP. ;D

+ Elvick_ on April 29th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Oh, and LittleBigPlanet Vita crashes *every single time* that I try and view a profile (even mine). It’s really annoying.

+ Superstone on April 29th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

LBP Karting on the Vita!!

+ OneMama on April 29th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

Very glad to see Team Picks on LBPK! :)
Now, how about a fix so we can race the Team Picks without getting kicked!!?
Is that on the way as well (it’s going on 7 months since the release…)???????

+ Pookachoo on April 29th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

The Karting team picks in this blog are not the same ones that appear on LBP.me

Thanks for the picking my character based levels, I put a lot of time and effort into making that control system work and those pink ribbons look so nice on my planet :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 30th, 2013 at 4:51 am said:

No problem, it was an incredible pair of levels!
    I personally loved playing LittleBigPlanet in a first-person mode! :)

+ Satnamji on April 29th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

@Pookachoo: you need to hit “moar” to see the ones highlighted in this blog post. Don’t worry, I saw yours and added them to my queue as well. ;)

+ Gadirok on April 29th, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

HE APPEARS HERE AND THERE
YOU MUST ALWAYS BEWARE
HES THE MASKED MAN THEY CALL
EL MARIACHI!

+ StormTimber on April 29th, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

looks like some awesome levels, but when i play lbp2 on any level, for some reason i pop up behind the start up gait and fall off the map. can that be fixed?

+ RoII_chan on April 29th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

People in México doesnt celebrate may 5th, they never do, why do people in the USA, think they do celebrate it as a national celebration?

+ Ryuhza on April 29th, 2013 at 11:55 pm said:

Believe it or not, I’ve been playing LBP since the beta for the first game, and I’ve always managed to miss this costume.

Not this time!

+ xX_ISSA_Xx on April 30th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

Ajua!!! Speedy Gonzalez I´m ur Father … lo quiero!

+ gerarayo on April 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Sackboy looks good with his “charro” costume ;-)

Viva Puebla, Viva México!! :-D

+ NYPUNK88 on April 30th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

he has a little trumpet and everything :D awesome update, thank you, Sony.

#6 @ASC2175

lol

+ Metalsonic_69 on April 30th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

Compared to some of the bugs mentioned here, this is a minor issue. But I’m still annoyed that we don’t have an option to turn off SIXAXIS controls for sackboy’s head in LBP Vita.

+ GintokiSsan on May 1st, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

I just bought little big planet vita and thought it would come with online pass but it doesn’t.. I’m still bummed out that’s like paying almost $40 if I want full access.. Or does it?

+ GintokiSsan on May 1st, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

I meant close to $28***

+ GintokiSsan on May 1st, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Nvm I got it.. It does come with it.. Now hopefully we’ll get some dlc sales

+ BunnySavior on May 3rd, 2013 at 12:13 am said:

Is this the third year you guys release this cinco de mayo sackboy costume, why not make this mariachi sackboy a PSN avatar already!?

+ TibLion on May 6th, 2013 at 2:08 am said:

Got the costume last year >:D

+ patnode1 on May 7th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Trying to download the Mariachi costume for LBP2 from the PlayStation Store but it keeps saying an error has occurred.

+ PinballMagic on May 25th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

I also tried to download the Mariachi costume for over two weeks (starting during the one week timeframe mentioned). Kept getting an error saying I did not own the LBP programs it works with. But I have LBP, LBP2, LBP2 Special Edition, LBP Karting, AND LBP Vita…all bought new (physical media). All were installed on their respective devices, but still got that message. Very irritating! :-)

Sony…any way I can still get this costume? I even play trumpet! :-D