PlayStation VR

Apr 29

Apr 29

PlayStation Plus Update: Zombie Tycoon II Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

April is drawing to an end with the last week of Spring Fever, and we’re happy to close out the month with Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge! It’s releasing tomorrow, and PS Plus members will be able to download it free on their PS3 or PS Vita. You’ll also want to check out this week’s enormous franchise sale on games with their characters featured in PlayStation All-Stars. Games from the BioShock series, Metal Gear Solid series, LittleBigPlanet, inFAMOUS, …it’s a big one guys.

With that said, let’s hop into it. The following will be arriving with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 30th PlayStation Plus Update

SPRING FEVER – Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zombie Tycoon 2
Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
Up to 50% off Discounts for PS Plus members

PS All Stars
While there will be a number of titles on sale as part of the broader Spring Fever PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale, Plus members get an extra discount on the following titles. You can see the full list of titles on sale in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update post, but please note that not all of the titles in this franchise sale have a PS Plus discount.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

God of War: Origins Collection $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

inFAMOUS (Cole MacGrath)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
inFAMOUS $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
inFAMOUS 2 $19.99 $13.99 FREE
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Twisted Metal (Sweet Tooth)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Twisted Metal $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Twisted Metal $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal 2 $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal: Black $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Twisted Metal: Head-On $7.99 $5.59 $3.91

Ratchet & Clank

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $19.99 $13.99 FREE
Ratchet & Clank: Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Secret Agent Clank $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/7)

Instant Game Collection
Demon’s Souls

Discounts
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. You can also look forward to next week where we’ll announce May’s PlayStation Plus lineup.

Got something on your mind about PS Plus, or anything PlayStation related? Comment below, and head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to find and create other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one yourself. Thanks, as always — looking forward to chatting you guys up in the comments and on the PlayStation Forums.

PlayStation Plus Update 4-30-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9

castonph said:

April 29th, 10:04 am

How many times will they try to get us to buy All-Stars? I’d buy it if it didn’t come off as a giant flop.

Solid sales, but none I’m particularly interested in. Definitely going to give Zombie Tycoon a spin.

Thanks!

AmericanNinja1 said:

April 29th, 10:04 am

Morgan, since Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops is on sale, does that mean it will work on the Vita now?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:20 am

I’m not sure if there is anything changing with the game’s compatibility with PS Vita. I checked the most recent PS Store update, and did not see it in there, so it looks like it will only be playable on PSP.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:21 am

sorry I meant I checked the upcoming (tomorrow’s) PS Store update and did not see it there.

Christian399 said:

April 29th, 10:05 am

MORGAN,

Still waiting on Soul Sacrifice DIGITAL info. You know, the game that launches tomorrow that North American customers can neither order via PSN, NOR do they have any idea if it has the DLC that the physical version gets. I’ve been reading a number of articles lately on the web – IGN even did one – regarding NA PSN’s total ineptitude. This extends to the PS Blog, where customers have been asking the same question since January without a tanglible response that allows them to decide if they should go physical or digital. The most basic issues, such as credit-cards randomly not working for wallet funding, or Sony’s apparent lack of an actual accounting department to contact. As serious as Sony says they are on digital content, their infrastructure and customer service will never be at the level it needs to be to compete.

So, honestly, what is happening with the SS DLC for digital copies? Game launches tomorrow. Absolutely incredible how much floundering is going on over there.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:16 am

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it along to the Soul Sacrifice team, but I’m afraid I don’t have any details to share with you on the game.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

April 29th, 10:06 am

PLEASE tell me that since MGS Portable Ops is on sale, it will be playable on Vita!!!!!!!!!!!

ASC2175 said:

April 29th, 10:06 am

Well holy hell, these are some good sales. Would have liked a Parappa PSP Discount or Ape Escape discount.

Squiggle55 said:

April 29th, 10:07 am

Even with the delay this seems like a good time to pick up FFA and wait for R&C 4 and the Vita Version to release to get those for free.

I’m also very tempted to pick up the new Sly Cooper now as well as the PSP Ratchet & Clank that I haven’t tried yet. And obviously I am excited to try the free game this week it looks like a lot of fun to me.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:22 am

If you haven’t played the newest Sly Cooper, I definitely recommend it, especially at that price

KnifingGrimace said:

April 29th, 10:07 am

Can we play MGS Portable Ops on Vita in America yet? Important.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:22 am

No I do not believe you can.

Beyondthegrave07 said:

April 29th, 10:08 am

How does LBP cost more than LBP 2? Is this a typo?

ChaosMafioso said:

April 29th, 10:08 am

Go home sony, you’re drunk.

Trailer’s for soulcalibur instead of zombie tycoon, mgs peace walker is listed twice with no apparent difference, and twisted metal is also listed twice, but i suppose the cheaper one is the ps1 version.

four24twenty said:

April 29th, 10:08 am

See ya next Monday!

Christian399 said:

April 29th, 10:08 am

P.S. Aram Jabari promised SS digital information “early next week” (that was last week). Oh, and “the drop” didn’t even list SS as coming out this week until a user informed Ray to add it to the list. TOTAL incompetence. Whole team needs to be canned. Its like you’re wilfully disregarding your own product. Don’t worry, consumers will get the hint and follow suit.

tdlypsdoff said:

April 29th, 10:08 am

Great sale!! I’m definitely going to pick up some games this week.
I would have liked to see Jax and Daxter HD on this list though.

Cat_Corye said:

April 29th, 10:09 am

All I got to say “Let’s Rock Baby”!!

CapJSheridan said:

April 29th, 10:10 am

I really miss the PSOne Classics for Vita, can you guys take a look at them? Crash, Spyro, Strider, and Tomba 2 would be great

Mando44646 said:

April 29th, 10:11 am

great game for my Vita for once and a pretty good looking sale. Im looking forward to see what else is on sale tomorrow!

D-Squad3 said:

April 29th, 10:12 am

What the heck? Why isn’t Metal Gear Rising and DmC part of the sale? That’s just pathetic considering those are the real games they come from, DmC version of Dante is not from the Devil May Cry HD Collection and the Metal Gear Rising version of Raiden is not from any of the Metal Gear Solid titles. Screw you Morgan!

lm239 said:

April 29th, 10:12 am

Thanks Morgan it worked just fine. Now to wait for tommorows update.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

April 29th, 10:13 am

Seriously Morgan, if you’re telling me I can get MGS 1, 2, 3, Portable Ops, and Peace Walker on my Vita for under $40, this will be the greatest update ever.

afigueroa said:

April 29th, 10:13 am

Damn that’s what I call a sale!!! Sony take my money!!!! I have a question though. Is PSABR cross buy still if I but it on my PS3?

AmericanNinja1 said:

April 29th, 10:15 am

@69 yes.

JimmyChaos said:

April 29th, 10:15 am

you got 2 METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, 2 God of War Collection and 2 Twisted metal listings, with no differences between them except the prices on the twisted metal ones.

corrosivefrost said:

April 29th, 10:15 am

@68 (T3DV0L70L1N4)

Only if you own a PS3 as well, MGS (PSX) is definitely not on the Vita store but will transfer from a PS3.

@Morgan — where are the details about the preorder bonuses for digital buyers of Soul Sacrifice?

SLICKBACK62 said:

April 29th, 10:15 am

I agree with +Christian399, where is the info?? I mean you can’t get an earlier then NOW. I need to decide if I’m gonna buy this game or not cause if the pre order bonuses are not included it will be a no sale for me, I don’t care how good of a game it’s is or is gonna be.

If you can’t support your product why should I?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:30 am

Wish I could help guys, but this is the PS Plus update which doesn’t have any Soul Sacrifice information to it; but I’ll relay the info to the teams.

DaP3689 said:

April 29th, 10:16 am

Is any of the playstation all stars battle royal dlc gonna be on sale?

Satnamji said:

April 29th, 10:17 am

This sale was the last thing my backlog needed. At the very least, it looks like it’s time to finally buy the last Ratchet & Clank game I don’t own yet (Full Frontal Assault).

afigueroa said:

April 29th, 10:17 am

Nevermind I saw the answer earlier on the blog. Thanks!!

AmericanNinja1 said:

April 29th, 10:18 am

@71 they’re for different versions of the games. Twisted Metal is for the PS1 and the PS3 reboot.

Criminal683 said:

April 29th, 10:18 am

why isn’t okami hd on sale? :(

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:31 am

We definitely worked to get as many PS All Star titles in the sale as possible. Hopefully you find some good content to get on the sale, but Okami HD is not part of it, I’m afraid.

gamevader28 said:

April 29th, 10:18 am

FINALLY Bioshock 1 is on sale!!! Thank you!

CrashSpyro said:

April 29th, 10:20 am

Maybe this was the point, but there are a number of potential games that you should be putting on sale:

God of War: Chains of Olympus HD
God of War: Ghost of Sparta HD
Ratchet & Clank HD
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando HD
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP)

Hopefully these are just not included for whatever reason and they’ll still be on sale, but the consistent exclusions from the sale lists doesn’t make sense. You should be able to tell us everything that will be on sale the next day with each update and not make us wait until Tuesday to find out the whole list.

Solidmgsnake said:

April 29th, 10:22 am

My Playstation Capital One card is ready!

xClayMeow said:

April 29th, 10:22 am

It’s cool we’re getting a Day One game on IGC, but still disappointing that this month included NO Vita-exclusive games.

MyrequeArk said:

April 29th, 10:24 am

Is Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time crossbuy if I buy the PS3 version?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:33 am

Yep; as long as you buy the PS3 version, you’ll be able to get it on your PS Vita as well

IIL0YDII said:

April 29th, 10:25 am

What?Nice to see that PS Store team don’t have any details on preorder bonuses for the one of the biggest games on PS Vita, didn’t you guys have to get these details like week or so before game release?

ItaChu said:

April 29th, 10:25 am

buuuuuu you didnt discount the new dmc devil may cry XD lol

Supy- said:

April 29th, 10:25 am

Where is the Soul sacrifice digital pre order information that was meant to be coming?

I simply don’t understand how SCEE can have a digital pre order page, and SCEA can’t even comment whether we will get the digital pre order or not.

Is there some sort of agreement with retailers to not mention digital pre order bonuses?

What happened tot he customer is always first?

I have $50 in my wallet so I’m simply not buying it retail. Honestly this is ridiculous; I’ve been following SS since its announcement and firstly announcing a JPN VO as a preorder bonus is dumb as hell, but then being unable to even tell us whether we will be getting a pre order bonus for buying it digitally has left me completely sour.

AmericanNinja1 said:

April 29th, 10:27 am

Thank you for the reply Morgan. That sucks it doesn’t work on Vita. :( Who can I contact about getting it made compatible for the Vita?

nabilafzali02 said:

April 29th, 10:27 am

Why is metal gear solid portable ops on sale if it isn’t vita compatable…….

detictiveconan said:

April 29th, 10:27 am

Oh that sales is too good.You’re taking all the money I need to buy a new gaming mouse for my PC. (>_<)

Link2999 said:

April 29th, 10:30 am

Hey, you probably won’t know, but do you know when Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault is coming to the Vita? Last I heard was April and it’s already the end of the month.

four24twenty said:

April 29th, 10:30 am

p.s. –

My Wifey made chicken tacos over the weekend and I played the track Pueblucho from Guacamelee!

This made my co-op partner smile.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

April 29th, 10:37 am

that’s awesome

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

April 29th, 10:30 am

@ Morgan’s reply to 52 & 57

Isn’t there just some switch they can flip to make MGS Portable Ops compatible on Vita? It’s playable on Vita in all other regions except North America. Putting it on sale for $5 is a bit of an insult to the Vita owners who have been dying to play it since launch.

Tjoeb123 said:

April 29th, 10:31 am

Awwh, no UNCHARTED? Bummer…

And if UNCHARTED 3 really will be on sale tomorrow, does that include any of the add-ons for the F2P version?

ItaChu said:

April 29th, 10:31 am

and there should be an old school dante costume for PS Allstars…. there isnt one is there? not sure lol XD

Deekman said:

April 29th, 10:32 am

Why is Peace Walker listed twice?
METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – HD Edition $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

I hope the increased sales of Portable ops encourages you guys and Konami to get it working on Vita!

Akimitsu782 said:

April 29th, 10:32 am

@80
The Origins Collection is on sale, so the God of War games you listed will be cheap.

I already own most of the games listed, although I am tempted by PSABR and possibly Twisted Metal, although I may wait on the latter. I’ve also seen the physical copy of DMC HD Collection go for around the same price, so I won’t be getting that.

swisstylez said:

April 29th, 10:32 am

Nice Discounts, sad that dont have time to play them, thus there is no reasonn for me to buy them :( but Great deals Though!!!!!!!! except for that PS+ game. it looks hideous LOL

KnifingGrimace said:

April 29th, 10:33 am

Thanks for tha reply, Morgan. I hope Sony and Konami add Vita functionality to Portable Ops soon. Until they do, I will stick with my UMD.

Still, some nice sales… I need to make a decision to spend my money on RE6 before this sale ends, or save for the Vita MGS collection. Only problem is that I have a 4GB card and can’t afford anything significantly larger. Decisions, decisions…

JamWiy said:

April 29th, 10:33 am

Well, time to decide which game to get, wish I can buy them all but I got only 20 dollars to spend on May 1st!

kingenvy said:

April 29th, 10:35 am

Been looking to add the original Bioshock and InFamous to my digital library so I’m pleased with the sale….

BUT SERIOUSLY!!! why is the original Infamous still so expensive on the PS Store (Its more then the second one…)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9