PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Plus Update: Zombie Tycoon II Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 29, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

April is drawing to an end with the last week of Spring Fever, and we’re happy to close out the month with Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge! It’s releasing tomorrow, and PS Plus members will be able to download it free on their PS3 or PS Vita. You’ll also want to check out this week’s enormous franchise sale on games with their characters featured in PlayStation All-Stars. Games from the BioShock series, Metal Gear Solid series, LittleBigPlanet, inFAMOUS, …it’s a big one guys.

With that said, let’s hop into it. The following will be arriving with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 30th PlayStation Plus Update

SPRING FEVER – Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zombie Tycoon 2
Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
Up to 50% off Discounts for PS Plus members

PS All Stars
While there will be a number of titles on sale as part of the broader Spring Fever PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale, Plus members get an extra discount on the following titles. You can see the full list of titles on sale in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update post, but please note that not all of the titles in this franchise sale have a PS Plus discount.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

God of War: Origins Collection $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

inFAMOUS (Cole MacGrath)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
inFAMOUS $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
inFAMOUS 2 $19.99 $13.99 FREE
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Twisted Metal (Sweet Tooth)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Twisted Metal $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Twisted Metal $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal 2 $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal: Black $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Twisted Metal: Head-On $7.99 $5.59 $3.91

Ratchet & Clank

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $19.99 $13.99 FREE
Ratchet & Clank: Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Secret Agent Clank $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/7)

Instant Game Collection
Demon’s Souls

Discounts
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. You can also look forward to next week where we’ll announce May’s PlayStation Plus lineup.

Got something on your mind about PS Plus, or anything PlayStation related? Comment below, and head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to find and create other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one yourself. Thanks, as always — looking forward to chatting you guys up in the comments and on the PlayStation Forums.

PlayStation Plus Update 4-30-2013

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

+ TheUndertaker85 on April 29th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

Also, please get on the ball of removing that pesky download requirement on PS3. You all eliminated it on PSP and it’s not there on Vita. While smaller titles aren’t really hindered by it until you get into low space, larger titles are a problem. Needing 30GB to install games like GTA instead of the half that they actually take up sucks.

+ ossiecastro5 on April 29th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Ok, I knew this would be a great sale. And you didn’t let me down. I’m glad I saved my $10. HD Sly Cooper games. THANK YOU SONY!!

I do have a major question regarding All Stars. The whole All Stars community are restless due to the lack on news regarding future DLC. Will there be more DLC or any news or announcements?

+ atoyikaganubon on April 29th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Great sale, I’m getting PS All-stars PS3 version (I get the Vita version too yay) and God of War Collection :D

+ Dan_dannunzio on April 29th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

too bad im broke this week, would love to pick up mgs, and the god of war and twisted metal games i dnt have yet, and the katamari game thats going on th ps2 classics also lol

+ Random-Sanity on April 29th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Looks like a great sale! I’ll be picking up Thieves in Time, Full Frontal Assault (Provided it comes with a free copy of the vita version whenever that is released), MGS HD Collection on Vita, and LBP Vita.

+ Pabloo1010 on April 29th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

This is the first PSN sale I want to BUY EVERYTHING!

Best part is that Sony’s team got us a discount on the TRUE DANTE Devil May Cry collection. As you can see by my avatar, classic Dante is the only Dante in my eyes.

+ Killaman16 on April 29th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

My wallet is weaping right now. I have to choose between R&C FFA or Sly Cooper TiT. On another note, I hope SSM is still supporting this game. I know they have Ascension and all but they’ve been pretty quiet on this game.

+ RCF_TOD on April 29th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

No sale on PSAllStars DLC? :(

+ PeteCepe on April 29th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Has there already been an Uncharted sale?

+ Evil_Vladimyr on April 29th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Morgan, there are some awesome games in this sale!! My wallet shall become empty tomorrow!!!

I do have a question though.

Ratchet & Clank Thieves in Time is a Cross Buy game, but you have them both listed separately. Is the PS3 price for both, and the Vita price for the handheld version alone or are they separate in the sale (which doesn’t make much sense as you wouldn’t really save much).

Cheers,
Vlad

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

Yeah the way it usually works for a bigger cross buy title is that the PS3 version is the one you need to get to get the cross-buy. Otherwise, if you just get the PS Vita version, then you won’t see the PS3 version included.

+ onslaughtree on April 29th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

Now thats an awesome sale.
MGS Peace Walker + R&K:FFA for me.
Thanks sony

+ ArkoEngro on April 29th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

Just bought my PS Vita and I’m so happy Little Big Planet Vita is for sale and PS All-Star too!! Thank you soo much!

Although my wallet didn’t like it…

+ klassymike on April 29th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

@ Evil_Vladimyr

I think you meant Sly Cooper. Or maybe Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault.

+ Evil_Vladimyr on April 29th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

I did mean Sly Cooper – the joys of a sick two year old. I’m frazzled!!!

+ MaverickHunterX on April 29th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Awesome sale! Two questions though

1. Really want to get twisted metal head on for PSP, but will it work for vita as well?

2. Has anyone gotten their gift card from the “register your/friends VITA” promotion a few months ago?

Thanks

+ j-professional on April 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

WOW!!!! This sale is ridiculous. I have been waiting for both a metal gear sale AND a Little Big Planet… I’m a little irritated you did both at once…

+ j-professional on April 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

Is metal gear (the original) working for the Vita yet?

+ crazyg0od33 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

Hey…so where’s the info on Soul Sacrifice DLC for digital purchases?

+ passivefamiliar on April 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

@31. Thanks for asking. And thank you a for the reply. THAT is the kind of replies we need. I’m very happy to see so much feedback and a lot of answered questions.

excited to try this zombie game, new is good

may have to get the devilmaycray collection the rest i already have, or are not interested in. But great deals for sure.

+ longevity on April 29th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

Wow, awesome discounts this week

Like really awesome

Its nice to see the psn staying competitive with the used market. Thats the way to keep us coming back!

+ OneMoreVillain on April 29th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

Wow…Jaw dropping across the board My digital hat is off to you guys this month. Definitely one of the best sales I have seen in my year as a member. Not that there hasn’t be other great sales, but this one really has something for everyone at reasonable -> Great prices for the Digital Copy.

45$ = Ratchet and Clank Collection,DMC Collection,Sly Collection. 9 great Games for that price is just insane.

I hope there is a DLC sale on All stars also. You will get a nice influx of cash from us players who refuse to pay the current price for the cash grab minions.

+ Evil_Vladimyr on April 29th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

@218 – Good luck getting that answered. I gave up and pre-ordered the physical copy!!

MUST have Japanese voice-over!!

+ klassymike on April 29th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

@ Evil_Vladimyr

Sorry about your 2 year old….Get well soon!

+ Digital-Big-Boss on April 29th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

I think it’s time I activated that 30 day Plus trial.

+ lisatsunami on April 29th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

@222, EvilVlad, me, too. Preordered at GS, but can always refuse the order if there’s a last second PSN announcement.

+ neuropunk on April 29th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Any good games on the list?

+ SpooNManX on April 29th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

Most Sony fanatics will already own most of these games, but as a buyer of physical media I am hopeful these sales will drive the prices down on the discs. There are still a few I want to buy.

Also, what the heck happened to EPIX?
I remember something they said about a free movie every week for PSN Plus members, but that was quietly swept under the rug. Did they change their minds?

Come on Morgan, give us the straight stuff on this! :)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 29th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

I’ve mentioned it before, but the EPIX team is still working on this functionality. So no free PS Plus movies on EPIX at this time I’m afraid.

+ SpooNManX on April 29th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

Yo Dan_dannunzio I like your avatar! GNG Forever. :P

Speaking of which, we’ve had the avatars for a while now, but no game.
I was a little let down that Capcom wasn’t going to be including the newer CPS1/CPS2 games in their Capcom Arcade Cabinet collection. I would love to have games like Strider, Forgotten Worlds, Street Fighter 2, etc..

+ Elvick_ on April 29th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

If only Twisted Metal 3 was on PSN. It’s my favorite.

+ Elvick_ on April 29th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

@222: Regardless, they’ll sell it as DLC later. So no matter what people will get it.

+ FTM-Soul-Shaker on April 29th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

Have 2 PS+ questions that I cant seem to find the answer to if someone could help me out.

Are games that are discounted to be free as a plus member counted like Instant game collection which cant be played when subscription is up or are they completely free because price was discounted to $0 ? Example would be infamous 2 $0 or part of IGC?

Also is there a way to buy games that that you already have due to instant game collection while your still a Plus member such as calling support to make the purchase?

+ Kchow23 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

Great sale! wow a ton of great games on discount… will definitely consider getting the new Sly game :)

+ MrBeatdown on April 29th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

No Killzone HD sale? Boo-urns. I would have jumped on that for half price.

Maybe I’ll grab the GOW Origins Collection.

+ Lezarth87 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

I want to buy metal gear solid HD collection…but. Is it cross buy or just cross play because i really love my vita and the ps3 versión has 1 more game

+ IX-lycaon on April 29th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

Great sale! I just might pick up some Metal Gear HD after all! I’ve heard Katamari Damacy is coming to PS2 classics as well? Speaking of which, and forgive me if i insist on the same topic, but, is there any word on the release of Hauting Ground (PS2) yet?

+ ajallday365 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

Holy Sweet Deals Batman!!! Just got a sweet deal on psn for Tomb Raider, and now time to spend some more money lol. Thx , this is awesome :)

+ crazydude952 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Don’t you think Sony should add Parappa 2 to PSN? He’s a classic big character to Playstation and his games should be known, to understand where these guys get their place in All-Stars. I know people would love it, and so would I.

+ lisatsunami on April 29th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

@231, FTM,

1) they expire when your subscription lapses.

2). You can create a new PSN acct, buy it that way, log off and play game under your real acct. you’ll need another email address for a second acct.

+ Kchow23 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Could you guys please add the functionality to upgrade a secondary account to a master account? Thanks :P

+ saab01 on April 29th, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

I am not sure if Zombie Tycoon will be that great of a game never played the first one and it looks mediocre from the trailer.

Hopefully next month we will get some good games to the IGC

Also hopefully in June we will see Infamous 2, Ratchet and Clank and Little Big Planet 2 leave. A whole year of having them in the collection is enough time in my eyes. I think others will agree also that other Exclusive games can replace them now.

+ FTM-Soul-Shaker on April 29th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

@238, lisatsunami

Thanks for the answer.

2) Ouch, that means I would also have to have a second PS+ membership to take advantage of deeper discounts. And make sure I do not purchase IGC on that account as well. There has to be a better way.

+ nolo451 on April 29th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

Wow. Was not expecting a huge sale like this. Feel like a fat kid in a candy shop.

+ Skyyplum on April 29th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

Sweet, I’ve been waiting for the new Twisted Metal game to go on sale. Will definitely pick it up for 50% off.

+ Sullenity on April 29th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

Just bought Little Big Planet Vita from amazon -.- oh well storage space is precious on the Vita :p

+ gokugt25 on April 29th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Oh man this discounts are AWESOME definetly going to pick up
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
Ratchet & Clank Future Quest for booty
Ratchet & Clank full frontal assault
And Sly cooper Thieves in time

Thanks Sony! :D

+ javierich0 on April 29th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

I hope we get something good next month, it would be great if we get the same stuff as europe Catherine and Hitman. Please no more psp or fighting games.

+ A1r4l3x on April 29th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

Is Metal Gear Solid Vita compatible? :)

+ NYPUNK88 on April 29th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

Damn it! I bought LBP Vita already… :( but I did use that $10 credit Sony gave out a little while ago to get it so I didn’t pay full price. :P Awesome game by the way and being able to play LBP where ever I go is so sweet!

+ jonjon0890 on April 29th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

im goin be pick up metal gear solid, devil may cry hd collection 4 sure.
im torn between gettin either ratchet & clank collection or sly thieves in time

+ Sevyne on April 29th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

I’m not really excited for the free Vita game, but god damn what a sale. Spring Fever sales are incredible this week and I plan to take full advantage of it on the Vita side.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9