PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus Update: Zombie Tycoon II Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Apr 29, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

April is drawing to an end with the last week of Spring Fever, and we’re happy to close out the month with Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge! It’s releasing tomorrow, and PS Plus members will be able to download it free on their PS3 or PS Vita. You’ll also want to check out this week’s enormous franchise sale on games with their characters featured in PlayStation All-Stars. Games from the BioShock series, Metal Gear Solid series, LittleBigPlanet, inFAMOUS, …it’s a big one guys.

With that said, let’s hop into it. The following will be arriving with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 30th PlayStation Plus Update

SPRING FEVER – Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zombie Tycoon 2
Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
Up to 50% off Discounts for PS Plus members

PS All Stars
While there will be a number of titles on sale as part of the broader Spring Fever PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale, Plus members get an extra discount on the following titles. You can see the full list of titles on sale in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update post, but please note that not all of the titles in this franchise sale have a PS Plus discount.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

God of War: Origins Collection $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

inFAMOUS (Cole MacGrath)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
inFAMOUS $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
inFAMOUS 2 $19.99 $13.99 FREE
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Twisted Metal (Sweet Tooth)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Twisted Metal $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Twisted Metal $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal 2 $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
Twisted Metal: Black $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Twisted Metal: Head-On $7.99 $5.59 $3.91

Ratchet & Clank

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $19.99 $13.99 FREE
Ratchet & Clank: Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Secret Agent Clank $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/7)

Instant Game Collection
Demon’s Souls

Discounts
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. You can also look forward to next week where we’ll announce May’s PlayStation Plus lineup.

Got something on your mind about PS Plus, or anything PlayStation related? Comment below, and head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to find and create other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one yourself. Thanks, as always — looking forward to chatting you guys up in the comments and on the PlayStation Forums.

PlayStation Plus Update 4-30-2013

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9

+ adamrich81 on April 29th, 2013 at 7:42 pm said:

That’s one hell of an update! It’s not every week I feel like my PS+ pays off, but when it rains it pours! Well done PS-

+ SpooNManX on April 29th, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

What happened to PINBALL ARCADE Table Pack #13?

Farsight said “End of April”.. Maybe they meant 2014?

+ NFLPA on April 29th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

that’s more like it. better then last week sale

+ ravenn411 on April 29th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

what the heck?! I just bought Tomb Raider.

Here we go again!!!

*running towards the sales*

+ angelspawn77 on April 29th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

You guys at sony are freaking AMAZING! I mean, I only thought these types of sales existed on Steam at either the summer sale or the holiday winter sale. You are absolutely KILLING it these past few weeks, you are seriously punishing my wallet, my backlog of games keeps increasing week by week. I know I’m gonna end up buying at least 3-4 of those games.

I just want to take the time and say I both love and hate you :D

+ savage624 on April 29th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

Just so everyone that wants a psn download copy. Playstation just posted this on there twitter account “@PlayStation: Soul Sacrifice news: Pick it up on PSN starting Tuesday to get the Japanese voiceover pack, 2 costumes & 3 magic items. Limited time only!”

+ GintokiSsan on April 29th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

you’re killing us with all these sales..i bought so many games and haven’t even gotten a chance to mess with all of them and now another great sales..i wish you guys would have the new Metal Gear Solid game on sale tho…been eyeing it for a while!

+ ElektroDragon on April 29th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

I was not trolling. I believe it is a terrible week for Plus. The PSN free game sucks, and YES I already own ALL of the games for sale that I could possibly be interested in. I don’t have Trophies in most of them, but I do own them, I’m a collector. So FOR ME, this update sucks! Sheesh.

+ angelspawn77 on April 29th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

BTW, the link to the poll is not working for me for some reason, buy I vote my favorite thing this week is EVERYTHING.

+ LordRaoh on April 29th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

That all looks awesome.

But I’m still not seeing a release date for Hulu Plus and Amazon Video for my PS Vita.

+ PurPlePplEatA84 on April 29th, 2013 at 8:29 pm said:

Wow, this is why i hesitate to pull the trigger on buying games…. I just purchased mgs snake eater hd for 14.99 today, and now i find out it’ll be 7.34 tomorrow. Yeah i played it when it was originally released but damn sony, i could have used my savings towards another sale.

+ angelspawn77 on April 29th, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

Is PS all stars Cross buy on ps3?

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

@296
” Free for PS Plus members”
Means free as in IGC, any game that is free for PS+ is part of the IGC, which was stated back when the IGC was first mentioned early last year. This is not hard to understand….

2nd question, which Morgan has answered INNUMERABLE times, if its free for PS+ you can’t buy it, but when your subscription expires you can.

3rd: Yes, it is like a rental, but not a rental. For you have a year to finish it, or more. If you can’t find the time to play a game in a year, you will never play it and it doesn’t matter.

And nowhere in your OP did you ask these questions…or if you did, your English is terrible. I replied to #270, thus my knowledge is based off of what you said in #270.

if everything is not clear by now, English is obviously not your native language.

On a side note, whoever said PS+ is expensive–really, $50 for over $1000 worth of games, and massive amounts of discounts on numerous things. You sir/madam are ridiculous.

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2013 at 8:41 pm said:

@312
As Morgan stated in a reply:
Yes, as long as you buy the PS3 version you will get both versions.

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

@308
You can’t say a game sucks that you have not, or could not have possibly played.
Your logic is a fallacy, and your arrogant temperament has been noted.

+ DrkrZen on April 29th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

Nothin’ representing Jak & Daxter? For shame.

Great looking sale, nonetheless, but I know a few friends that have yet to pick up J&D Collection and $10 bucks for the collection would have sparked some interest.

+ SolidZone_26 on April 29th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

@308 Fine, guess the real troll is the person that won’t stop complaining about the PS All-Stars DLC costumes. If you are a collector, you must have own physical copies of all the games you buy. Why do you want digital games anyway? But still, you shouldn’t complain that this sale sucks. There are other people that are excited for this sale including myself. I think the Resident Evil sale was somewhat worse than this one.

Besides, who buys PS+ for the free PSN games? I wouldn’t if I did because they expire once your subscription is over. I rather buy it for the sales.

+ SpooNManX on April 29th, 2013 at 8:54 pm said:

SolidZone_26:
I can’t speak for #308, but as another collector, it’s sometimes nice to get a free digital version of a game that you, A. might have bought, but didn’t open yet. That way you can play through the game and keep it sealed.

Or B. it’s nice to have a digital copy of a game that you like to continue to play on occasion even after it’s been beaten, IE: Little Big Planet 2. Having it digitally just makes it more convenient and keeps you from having to insert discs, or cause wear and tear on your delicate Sony laser. :P

I personally didn’t like anything this week since I own all of the sale games that I care about, but hey, it’s happens, and there is always next week.

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

@317
I sub PS+ for all that it gives, Cloud, Automatic Updates, Discounts, Free Games, Early Access, Free Trials. It’s the little things in life that matter. Do I need PS+, no. Do I love it, YES!
Plus I took part in Target’s royal screw up back on Black Friday 2011. They miss-marked PS+ 1 year subscriptions at $14.99. So I grabbed 10 years, gave some to friends and family as gifts and 3 to myself. And at that price it really was a steal. But I have been subbed since June 29th, 2010.

+ AltairBioshokero on April 29th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

Terrible update… sorry, but that’s what i think, i have been a + subscriber since december, i’ve enjoyed some awesome games, i love my PS+ but this month really sucked, i hope we finally get great games like Arkham City and Sleepeng Dogs, just like the european subscribers….

+ iTofuMan on April 29th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

I have to say i might actually get PS+ again. i been meaning to get PAS, and for 20$ with the vita version ill take it. Also maybe Litte big planet kart

+ Knightedrik on April 29th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

Damn it, I need MORE MONEY!

Awesome way to blow out Spring Fever, Morgan!

Here’s hoping cool sales like these will carry over to the PS4!

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

@320
EU PS+ cost $64.99 in USD, only $14 more than US. But honestly most of the free EU games are really cheap now, so complaining that you didn’t get a $19 game is lame. If its such a big deal just sub both like I do, or better yet, stop trying to use PS+ as your only source of games and go buy some games and support developers. Sheesh, cheap much?

+ Deekman on April 29th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

Why is it an extra $10 to get Peace Walker on Vita separately?

+ ArchAngelMai on April 29th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

@324
Peace Walker is the highest rated MGS ever, and because of that its price has remained high. It also took a lot of work upscaling a PSP game to run nicely on PS3, along with controls being changed and other things. I’ve been meaning to check it out, might grab it myself finally.

+ Robster_hack on April 29th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

Any chance of a Patapon sale anytime soon I am dying to play those games on my Vita!

+ Gamefreek67 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

So I was wondering – My local Gamestop has a pretty big display set up for Playstation Plus benefits. They have it listed that Sleeping Dogs is one of the 12 FREE games for PS+ Members, but when I go to the store it isn’t FREE and my PS+ membership is good until July of 2014. So is this a mistake or is this something we are getting soon?

+ JACTHAMAC on April 29th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Sounds amazing, do you know if darkwatch will ever be released it was a ps2 game? Also if they will make the sequel? medevil 2 should be released also!!

+ SocialClimber_85 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

Super exciting I was reading about Zombie Tycoon 2 today!
Can’t wait to play it.

+ SocialClimber_85 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Are you guys ever going to release Heavenly Sword on the PS3?
I would really love to play that game again.

+ JPG2105 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

@ FTM-Soul-Shaker Check last week’s store update post look at comment 30. The guy had a similar question and got a response to check (http://community.us.playstation.cam/). Don’t know if this helps. And yes that is a typo its .com not .cam that was to avoid the hyperlink

+ JPG2105 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:41 pm said:

@331 dam i thought i could avoid the hyperlink and moderation approval.

+ JPG2105 on April 29th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

@ 317 whether or not he’s trolling just ignore his coments

+ Zevrou on April 29th, 2013 at 9:52 pm said:

well… i was saving that $ on the wallet for injustice ralated stuff but… damn i need that PSASBR

+ Gamerzlimited on April 29th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

@308 I use PS+ for the sales as well. But if sales aren’t good for that week, sometimes I like to grab a free PSN game and play it for the time being.

I was originally disappointed that Tekken 6 turned out to be the free PSN game last month and I spent $19.99 on it from the Namco sale. But then I suddenly realized that I have no plans to get the PS3 version due to the fact I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2. So if it did expire, I would have to pay double the cost for it or pay another subscription (Probably the same amount for 3 months) just to get access to it again. That’s just one reason PS+ sales are better than free PSN games to me, but each has their advantages and disadvantages.

I got a ton of freebies once I subscribed and if you resubscribe again once your subscription is over, you get access back on them again. I was surprised I got the Um Jammer Lammy PS1 classic and The Simpsons Arcade Game back when I had a 1-month free trail included on my first PS3 after I signed up one year later to take advantage of the free 3 month deal. You can even back up your PS3 saves using the cloud storage. Trust me, it’s worth it.

+ kirafung on April 29th, 2013 at 10:10 pm said:

No sale for Bioshock DLC?

+ xPR_J0ito_MVPx on April 29th, 2013 at 10:12 pm said:

Woah! Looking forward MGS and Zombie Tycoon.

+ fuzzfox128 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:29 pm said:

Sorry for being a bit of a noob, but how do we purchase games that we already have thanks to the IGC? I want to buy inFamous 2 and Festival of Blood, but the former is already in my library because it’s free, and my Plus doesn’t expire until the middle of this coming summer. I’d like to still be able to play the game after it expires.

+ ThatCoolGuy2012 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:36 pm said:

This is so awesome. I was gonna buy full frontal assault later this week and now I’m considering getting psabr.

+ FTM-Soul-Shaker on April 29th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

@313 ArchAngelMai
The question started with #231and can be traced back between lisatsunami and me using the ‘@ #’ we started posts with. Jumping in without reading it all or taking time to trace back, yet I’m the one having my intelligence insulted. Just thought it was a simple question with simple answer I could ask here, but wasn’t worth it.

I haven’t been a PS+ member long and searching search engines or even PS+ FAQ turns up nothing. If it is re-mentioned over and over, its probably because its not clear. No where does it say ANY game free to PS+ is part of the IGC. And the way the this weeks discounts are shown just makes me feel like all the discounts added up to BECOMING free ($0).

Talked to Support to get my answers which I will post next to clarify if anyone else has that question. This also addresses my second question which does not match your second answer. I wanted to know because if I run across a IGC titles I really like and want to OWN(especially on discount), I can, without worry of PS+ changing policy, pricing, or discontinuation which they have every right to.

+ FTM-Soul-Shaker on April 29th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

Reference to my post #231 from PS support agent.

Q1) “Are games that are discounted to be free as a plus member counted like Instant game collection which cant be played when subscription is up or are they completely free because price was discounted to $0 ? Example would be infamous 2 $0 or part of IGC?”

A1) All Games Free to PS+ subscribers are counted as Instant game collection titles. Even free games listed under discounts. Agent will pass feedback on wording it more clearly.

Q2) “Also is there a way to buy games that that you already have due to instant game collection while your still a Plus member such as calling support to make the purchase?”

A2) You CAN buy a game even though you have it as a Instant Game Collection title but it requires calling support to reverse IGC purchase first.

+ JPG2105 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

@ FTM-Soul-Shaker Check last week’s store update post look at comment 30. The guy had a similar question and got a response to check community.us.playstation. Don’t know if this helps.

+ Tecocajeme17 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:46 pm said:

Hello, I would like to know why no games are good as they put on the PS Plus Spain? as sleepings dogs, or dead island first, or a game like a far cry or maybe some borderlans or batman? =) Just a question

+ siayerpantera424 on April 29th, 2013 at 10:53 pm said:

Nice sale but I need to decide PSABR or Sly TiT any suggestions on what would be best bang for $ gameplay length and trophy collection in both?

+ bfkcrcc on April 29th, 2013 at 10:59 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet Karting is must for me as well as twisted metal for the Vista which I hear Ps one ver 1 and 2 are supported on the platform.

+ Icestar10 on April 29th, 2013 at 11:07 pm said:

Wow!!! These are nice deals. My PlayStation Plus just expired today. :( I really want to buy some of these games.

+ Para-182 on April 29th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

Great sale I will be picking up 1 or 2 things and will try out Zombie Tycoon. :)

+ Benzitor on April 29th, 2013 at 11:48 pm said:

Wow, this is some amazing sales… just wish Portable ops would work ( WHEN???) on vita… but it doesn’t, so I won’t buy it…

+ bfkcrcc on April 29th, 2013 at 11:49 pm said:

BTW there is also a free download on May 5 th for LBP2 fans for a Mexican costume.

+ Benzitor on April 29th, 2013 at 11:50 pm said:

Oh and thank you so much for Zombie tycoon 2… perfect fit for the vita. First one was amazing…second will sure be a blast

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9