PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge Invades PSN Today

Laurent Mercure's Avatar + Posted by Laurent Mercure on Apr 30, 2013 // Frima Studio

We are proud to announce that Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge is launching on PlayStation Store today. Since it’s Cross-Play and Cross-Buy, you’ll get both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 versions for just $9.99. PlayStation Plus members in the US can pick it up for free!

Here’s a quick recap, in case you didn’t read our earlier posts. Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge is a real-time strategy game. However, it’s not your classic RTS with resource gathering, base building and tech-tree climbing. No, it’s pure, unadulterated tactical zombie assault! You’ve got two zombie packs, a mobile base and a monster at your beck and call, each controlled using a different symbol button on the controller.

In multiplayer mode, both teams start out at the opposite ends of the map. As they move across town toward an inevitable confrontation, they capture buildings that grant diverse benefits. The more buildings you take, the more zombies you have and the more special zombies you unlock.

Trophy hunters out there will be happy to hear that Zombie Tycoon 2 is brimming with trophies. The most hardcore players will even have the opportunity to unlock a Platinum!

If you guys have any questions, post them in the comments section or on our Facebook page, and I’ll answer them all as soon as possible. I can’t wait for my zombie army to meet yours in Finkleville. Get ready for some zombie vs. zombie action!

PAGE 1 2

+ CapJSheridan on April 30th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Plus it’s free to Plus

+ Mando44646 on April 30th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

I can’t wait to get this for free as part of PS+! :D

+ Mr_HydeX on April 30th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

will get this :) thanks psn+

+ NYPUNK88 on April 30th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Thanks to the devs and Sony for this awesome game and making it free! :)

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Martin Brouard on April 30th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

There’s also a bunch of super cool Zombie Tycoon avatars going live with the update.
A nice way for Plus subscribers to encourage the developer :-)

+ Anddo on April 30th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Getting this for free. But I’ll show my support by purchasing the avatars. The game looks good, it had a very good showing yesterday on the PSNstores.com live stream. I’d buy it if I wasn’t getting it for free :)

+ Daniel_the_Jew on April 30th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

And hopefully by “today,” they mean today and not tomorrow, lol.

+ Zionine on April 30th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Will check it out. :)
Thanks for making it free! I really wanted an RTS on my Vita. :)

+ jonapwnsftw on April 30th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

When will the store update so i can get this awesome game

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on April 30th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Will be downloading as soon as it’s available. Thanks for the video Laurent!

+ dopeboy081991 on April 30th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

probably between 2-whenever they feel

+ Shinigami_Ness on April 30th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Nice

+ Evil_Vladimyr on April 30th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

I love the first one!! Can’t wait to get this one as well. And I think it’s AWESOME that there are trophies as well!

+ TwinDad on April 30th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

I had totally tuned out the title, as I have -10 interest in zombie games. But in seeing the summary of it being a RTS and watching the video, I’m interested. I love RTS games, still not excited about zombies.

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Martin Brouard on April 30th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

Before anyone asks: YES THERE IS A PLATINUM ! :-)

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Along with 5 gold, 9 silver and 22 bronze trophies!

+ Doc_Tury on April 30th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

Looks interesting! Waiting fr the update!

+ akisuo on April 30th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Totally looking forward to get his game. =)

+ geassuser87 on April 30th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Great week for vita users!

+ Doc_Tury on April 30th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Any chance that we could get a Theme from the game?

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

We are not working on any Theme at the moment. If we have a big enough demand for it, we very well might!

+ ItsIntegrity on April 30th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Can someone look into adding the SORT feature when we are viewing our downloads. My family has well over 700 at this point and its getting hard when we want to rel-load a game on the HDD as we have more games than HDD space.

They dont even have a number so we can write down the DL position for installing add-ons.

PLEASE…. PLEASE…. PLEASE…

Add SORT feature to “My Downloads” list….?….!

+ detictiveconan on April 30th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

How big is the Vita version? I’d like to know if I need to clear space before the store updates.

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

The Vita version is around 650 MB

+ Ryumoau on April 30th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Thanks for giving us this game free. It definetly seems more interesting than any of the other free games i got this month.

+ Ryumoau on April 30th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Also i just realised this game is a sequel. I’ve never played the first game. Is the story mode a continuation of the first game or can i still enjoy it on its own?

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

The story mode is the continuation of the first game. The first Zombie Tycoon is only 3 bucks at the moment on the store to celebrate the launch of its sequel.

+ duke301 on April 30th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

@20, I second that sort feature. Back before I upgraded my HDD, I had to delete some stuff to save space, and after I upgraded, it was a pain in the butt looking for something that I had originally downloaded a few years ago. Now I have well over 1500, and there are still a few games there that I never got around to replacing. I also found that someone messed with my download list at some point. From what I can see everything is still there, but the dates are all screwed up, making it damn near impossible to find anything.

+ CrusaderForever on April 30th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Looks like a great game. Cannot wait to download it for free and try it out. Thanks Sony and Frima Studio!!

+ Daniel_the_Jew on April 30th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

@25 I’ve noticed that too. It seems that games downloaded free from PS+ gets moved to the top of the list and the dates are always current for some reason. Recently, I had bought a PSN game, and it immediately gave me the full game unlock key to download, but since it’s a game I had downloaded the demo to a couple of years ago, I had to search through my download list to be able to install the actual game. Such a hassle!

+ xFuzylilManPeach on April 30th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Very happy to put this and Soul Sacrifice on my Vita later tonite! :) Happy gaming everyone!

+ Doc_Tury on April 30th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Thanks for the Quick Reply Laurent! I will get the Avatars and I will enjoy the Game!

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

I’m sure you will! Thank you very much for your support!

+ PainOfSarrow on April 30th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

this looks fun and Gangstaaa i must say. maybe il take ah break from the Hood tonight and buy this game for 10$. il look into for suree.

+ Alkaiser27 on April 30th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

i’d pay for it, im so so so happy with plus and i absolutely love my vita. i dont care what anyone says its the best portable system on the market.

+ Welmosca on April 30th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Looks ok….I’ll try it since is the only thing I’m getting this week…and there is a plat so if I get addicted it’ll be one more plat to my collection.Thanks for giving it for FREE…free’s da best.

+ Darth_NODlike on April 30th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

Looking forward to this one! Initially I didn’t really get it, but after the updates and videos, I think it will be a lot of fun, especially with multiplayer!

+ readytorelease on April 30th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

It really does pay to be on the Plus Bandwagon (LOL).

@Laurent Mercure: Do you think we can get some Playstation HOME Avatar clothing & gear? It would be a big seller which means more money (LOL) and don’t forget about a private & public space also.

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

We are not working on any Playstation HOME Avatar or clothing at the moment.

Very nice avatar by the way readytorelease! : P

+ PainOfSarrow on April 30th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

ALSO how long is the Campaign ? i dont care for multyplayer…

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

We estimate the single player campaign length to be between 6 to 8 hours

+ CrimsonDream24 on April 30th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

Looking forward to playing this though I haven’t been keeping up with news regarding it, so…does it have online multiplayer? I hope so because judging by what this article says about the game, it sounds like something I would really enjoy playing online semi-competitively for a while.

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on April 30th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Yes, our online multiplayer mode is something we’re really proud of! You can engage in a 1v1 deathmatch with your friend or find a random opponent with our Quick Play match finder. The multiplayer mode is where the depth of our game unfolds.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 30th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Laurent Mercure , nice .. not bad for 10 Bucks. i just may get it now.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on April 30th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

Can’t wait and ‘Vive Québec’ :P

+ ossiecastro5 on April 30th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

Wow, this game looks like lots of fun. And with sales for today and everything else, I have a lot of gaming to do. THANK YOU SONY!!!!!

+ CrimsonDream24 on April 30th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Much appreciated, Laurent Mercure! I suspect I’ll be playing this online for quite a while.

+ KPB17 on April 30th, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

Hi, I tried to add the PS vita version to my cart on the web store and it says I’m not eligible to purchase or download this content (PS+). The ps3 version worked fine, so I guess it must be an error with the store?

+ Crusher201 on April 30th, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

@41

That happens when you redeem one of the two versions. You have to go to your download list and download it from there, but chances are that it already started downloading with your PS3 version.

+ ossiecastro5 on April 30th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

I’m playing it now. I would have paid full price for this. Fun game! :)

+ Gadirok on April 30th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

lol, so I just jumped into the multiplayer campaign, being arrogant since I have already beaten the first game a few times so I thought I would be able to pwn some noobs without playing the campaign. Big mistake as the mechanics are a bit different. I couldn’t see the health bars of some buildings until my opponent came and started taking it from me.

Long story short, I got my ass kicked hard for my first multiplayer match, so I will probably be checking out the single player campaign first before I take more risks. lol

+ KPB17 on April 30th, 2013 at 7:45 pm said:

@42
Thanks.

+ krycek76 on April 30th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

After I installed it and tried playing, it asked me to update to version 1.01. Now when I try to update it will crash my system.

+ saab01 on May 1st, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

For others so far who have played this game what do you think of it? It looks mediocre to me but I see it has a high rating on the PS store any good feedback. Also I am not seeing many reviews online talking about this game.

+ ProfessorGerbik on May 1st, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Buy this game if you can, it is well worth it. They could use the support and they have plans to keep improving upon the game if that happens. Multiplayer online is really fun also. The developers are really active in the gaming community and I think that really should count for something as well.

I come from playing really hard RTS on PC and this still has that challenging aspect but it is really fun which helps alleviate such a serious atmosphere that you see in other RTS. Really enjoying this, I love how the story is integrated into every step along the way also which you don’t normally see in other RTS either.

To me it is very unique and very fun for any fan of RTS, I honestly think even people who don’t really have interest in RTS games would probably love this.

Laurent Mercure's Avatar

+ Laurent Mercure on May 1st, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Thanks for the support ProfessorGerbik! We already have a nice community building up around our game, we’re really proud.

+ Ryumoau on May 1st, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Game is really fun but difficult at times.

+ TUSTIN1 on May 1st, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Same issue as #46. When i click to install the update, my PS3 resets. What gives?

PAGE 1 2