LittleBigPlanet 3

The Last of Us Firefly Pendant Winners

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on May 03, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Our Firefly Pendant contests have ended! The entries for all contests were incredible. Even having seen amazing past work from our fans these entries exceeded our lofty expectations. Here’s a list of our winners for the Fan Art and Video Creation contests. Just click their names to witness some truly remarkable work.

The Last of Us: Firefly Pendant

A pencil holder! A birdhouse! An entire environment in a game engine! There’s so much talent and incredible work here, right? We want to thank everyone who took time to enter and congratulate all winners. If you’re wondering about the third contest, the eight winners of our Cosplay contest can be found over on IGN. Watch the video and pick out your favorite Joel, Ellie, Hunter or Infected.

The Last of Us: Limited Edition Strategy Guide

To find all the newly appointed Fireflies and their respective pendants in the game it’ll take some serious scavenging. If you’re looking for a way to help you to find these pendants or just some helpful tips and tricks for your journey you’ll want to purchase one of the official The Last of Us strategy guides. You’ll be able to choose between the Signature Series guide and the sleek Limited Edition guide. If you didn’t happen to win or couldn’t enter one of our Firefly pendant contests every purchase of the Limited Edition guide comes with an exclusive Fireflies key chain pendant of your very own.

Both guides can now be pre-ordered at the Brady Games website. The Signature Series guide is available in the USA, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, and Australia while the Limited Edition guide is offered for sale in the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia. The guides will be coming out when The Last of Us launches June 14th, 2013. Congratulations once again to all our new Fireflies!

+ BO2TLOU on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Can’t wait until June 14th!! When will we see the multiplayer?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

We’re working on MP and focusing testing it a lot. It’s going to be very fun!

+ D-Squad3 on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

I’m so upset that I wasn’t aware of this contest. :(

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Ah man….Be sure to check the Naughty Dog blog regularly!

+ letherclad on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Thank you for this opportunity, I love Naughty Dog and have been obsessed with The Last of Us since the first teaser trailer, its incredible that I am going to be a part of the game.

On a side note, congrats to the pencil holder maker, I almost didn’t enter after seeing that entry!

Glad to see a limited edition strategy guide, it will be immediately preordered!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Congratulations!

+ lisatsunami on May 3rd, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Does anybody know what the difference is between the 2 guides, content-wise? Or is it just the binding and the pendant?

Thanks

+ D-Squad3 on May 3rd, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

Do you think there will be any new contests in the near future? As an art major in college, these kind of things are very important to me as I am trying to make a portfolio and also trying to get my name out there.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

Hmmmm….maybe :)

+ Welmosca on May 3rd, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

I’m counting on you ND…TLoU is my most anticipated game since it was announced…and this game can be the best game ever…my hopes are really high….and please get rid of the MP….also great job and congratulations to the winners.

+ dkpunk on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Am I the only one that saw “Firefly” and instantly thought this was about the show? Apparently i’m obsessed.

+ D-Squad3 on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

So I just searched up for this contest and realized it was never posted here on the blog, which is why I didn’t know about it. Next time PLEASE post your contests on the PlayStation Blog. :(

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Please read the Naughty Dog blog too! :)

+ lisatsunami on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Thanks for the explanation, Eric. I will pre-order the guide; already pre-ordered the game. Naughty Dog is/are great!

+ PSVigilante on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

I’m so honored to be one of the winners! I won’t ever forget this and I will continue to show how much you’ve inspired me!

Congrats to all of the winner for their amazing work and dedication to Naughty Dog.

Thanks again!

David Vigil

@ThatVigilante

Facebook.com/ThatVigilante

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Congrats David!

+ yazter on May 3rd, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

While I am, certainly, excited to buy the game, I am worried about one thing.

Will we get screwed over by adding 597340657439085649856 near impossible multiplayer DLC Trophies (hyperbole) after release, the same that happened to Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3?

I know it sounds trollish, but I’ve been playing for many hours today, every day for the past week, and I am not even above 60%. So sorry if I sound frustrated.

For us completionist it becomes a chore. I wish I could give up but my OCD has gotten the better of me.

I’m not asking to disclose future DLC info, just whether or not we will suffer the same problem with Uncharted 3. Because if so, I’ll either buy the game and play it on another account, or just skip altogether.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

We’ll talk about DLC if it’s happening,

+ PSVigilante on May 3rd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

To yaster. I understand also how the trophies can be very difficult to obtain. If you by any chance need help with getting all of the trophies let me know. I’d be happy to help you with any of the Uncharted games and even The Last of Us.

-David

@ThatVigilante

Facebook.com/ThatVigilante

PSVigilante

+ poodude on May 3rd, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

PSA:

I just received a PSN message containing The Last of Us spoilers. I can’t confirm if it was a real spoiler, but everyone please be wary of your PSN inbox. If you receive a message starting with “Greetings, He, the man” DO NOT READ IT.

Just want to make sure you all go into the game spoiler free!

+ JTruF210 on May 3rd, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

PS+ May IGC:

Sleeping Dogs

Pinball Arcade

Knyt Underground

Blazblue Vita

+ LockedUpInside on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

It really is an honor to know that my name will be in The Last of Us. I’m counting down the days until I can finally pick up the Post-Pandemic Edition on 6/14 (today is day 42).

Thank you Naughty Dog!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

Thank you for the cool video!

+ TheHighwinder on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

Its a shame you couldn’t have just put Philip Liu and Joseph Lenz on the same penant or something.

+ D-Squad3 on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

I will definitely check out the Naughty Dog Blog as long as you promise that there will be another contest! :)

+ The_Bee96 on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

Warning to everyone: A user named IAmYourGod—— has messaged me with spoilers for The Last of Us. If you browse Reddit, specifically /r/PS3 and /r/TheLastofUs, he may have seen your interest in the game and message you spoilers like he did to me. I’d suggest you preemptively add him to your block list, and definitely approach messages from any unknown users with caution.

+ The_Bee96 on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

How is SCEA dealing with the leaked spoilers? I know you guys can’t stop them (this IS the Internet, after all), but what’s the general mood surrounding this leak?

+ tusunami on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

This is totally awesome, might have to order this!!!!!!!!!!

+ SweetReLeaf on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:58 pm said:

Yeah I agree with post #11 , I am excited for this game very much but fear the chance of you guys adding another ridiculous amount of trophies and with some that rely on chance. I like to treat my completed game like a bad break up by never returning to it after i get the 100%. I think just out of fear I probably wont play this on my main account.

+ materclobber on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

Man I wish that the ending wasn’t leaked. It just pisses me off… excuse my language. I mean ANY other game but this. This game will still be a heck of a lot of fun but the story is basically ruined since we won’t get “That surprising moment” since we expect it. Anyways, looking forward to playing it!!

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

@ SweetReLeaf

I can refer you to a good counselor if you’d like.

+ Assais on May 3rd, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

Eric, when is the next developer video coming out? You guys have been worse than Apple with all the secrecy surrounding the game ND.

+ KrazE94 on May 3rd, 2013 at 11:24 pm said:

Any updates on whether this game will have a PSN version on launch?

+ eldrgod1 on May 4th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Will The Last of Us be a Day 1 digital download pre-order.

+ oldshooter84 on May 4th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

Thank you Naughty Dog and PlayStation for giving everyone the opportunity to do this.
It caused a lot of talent to surface that amazed me.
Congrats to fellow Fireflies and great job to everyone who entered! :D
I am so excited for this game!

+ cleversignin on May 5th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Do not listen to #11 Yazter, please keep the obscure and time consuming MP trophies as DLC so I can get the platinum with a minimum of online if I am not enjoying it unlike some games *glares at Tomb Raider*.

+ doodrad on May 5th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

So excited for this game. Congratulations to the winners!

+ bestscreenname on May 6th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

This contest slipped right by me but a big Congrats to the winners! Amazing work.

+ Milagres_ on May 6th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

I reaaaaally (like REALLY really) want to know if this is going to be day 1 digital.
Nowadays I rather digital copies, but I want to play this ASAP sooooo… please answer me! =)

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Yeah I was not aware of this either…. :O

+ THE_Ladies_MAN3 on May 9th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

i cant wait any longer take my money. its killing me