LittleBigPlanet 3

Watch_Dogs on PS4: Conversations with Creators

Nik Schmidt's Avatar + Posted by Nik Schmidt on May 03, 2013 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Today we’re pleased to debut a Watch_Dogs developer diary as part of PlayStation’s “Conversations With Creators,” an ongoing series that focuses on PS4 game development with some of the most accomplished game studios in the world.

In this video, you get to meet two of the driving forces in the Watch_Dogs dev team: Dominic, our senior producer and Jonathan, the creative director. Together, they discuss the vision of Watch_Dogs and ultimately, some of the development details for the PlayStation platforms.

By working in close collaboration with PlayStation, the team is working to harness the full power of the PS4. This gives them the opportunity to create a truly no-compromises experience with high-resolution environment textures and advanced special effects. The game experience, much like the city you’ll get to play in, will be rich, deep, and detailed.

As Jonathan and Dominic explain in the video, connectivity is at the heart of the Watch_Dogs experience. We already know Aiden is connected to his own environment, but we also want to give the players new and different ways to connect with each other, and working with PlayStation makes this possible.

In the end, we want to let you experience what it truly feels like to be in a hyper-connected world, whether it be in single player, multiplayer, at home, or even on the go.

Remember, you can always visit the Watch_Dogs Facebook page and Twitter account for great content and conversation. You can also pre-order your copy on the official website.

50 Comments

+ yahavcd on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

This game is going to be one of my first PS4 games

+ Butters360 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

Game keeps looking better and better.

+ Heavenly_king on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

the title of the article in the blog home scree says “PS3 development”.

+ Pikmologist on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

If they actually prove how the PS4 version will be better I will get it for PS4 instead of my Wii U.

+ snakeeyes211 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

When will I be able to preorder the game watchdogs at my local retailer for the PS4? Because I am getting three Ps4 when the systems available and this is going to be one of them :-)

+ snakeeyes211 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

When will I be able to preorder the game watchdogs at my local retailer for the PS4? Because I am getting three Ps4 games when the systems available and this is going to be one of them :-)

+ lamaryo123 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Cant wait for this and Killzone. PS4 is gunna’ be amazing!

+ mc_issa on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

i know thats not the proper place for this comment,but plz some one help me. why i still not getng back 20$ back for my 100$ attentionely spend on psn for the march psn saving project? i would save 50$ if i knowed thats not true for baying soul sacrifise on ps vita instead of waisting my money on TvS an Mcheal jackson experiance.

+ icurafuse on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Hey Ubi. When you said that you wanted to take the Watch Dogs experience out of the living room, did you mean that there will be a companion app for the Vita? Or that the Vita could be used for remote play while away from your TV? Or maybe you’re talking about an Ubisoft app for all kinds of mobile devices, similar to what Most Wanted had done, where the same user exist across any platform.

Anyway, will be interested to hear when the next details come out.

+ mc_issa on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

and why i cant find any where to sort out about my probleme? if thats how playstation is treating its whorth client i swear NEVER BAY ANYTHING AGAIN

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

This and inFAMOUS are the games I’m getting day 1 for PS4

+ icurafuse on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

mc_issa, you’ll never solve your problem here. Try the support forum atleast. There are plenty of people discussing this.

+ Heavenly_king on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

@8, @10: Try this twitter an write to them directly https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

+ Heavenly_king on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

@8: use this page: Twitter. c o m/askplaystation (remove the blank spaces from com) There you can ask them.

+ NYPUNK88 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

This game is going to be a beast on the PS4.

+ NYPUNK88 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

@+ mc_issa

call Sony customer support number, they’ll take care of that issue quick fast.

+ Spine999 on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

the game feels too much like AC :/

+ Enforcer_X on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

I’ve had this pre-ordered since the PS4 announcement, I can’t wait for this game!

+ Kalakaua on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Ubisoft, if you had the main character use his phone to hack my bank account to pre-order this game for me I wouldn’t be mad at you. :D

+ Falaut on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Front page header says PS3, fix please.

+ MarinoBrea on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Right. Now start working on a PS4 game from the ground up.

+ D-Squad3 on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Love this relationship, keep up the great work!

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on May 3rd, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

“prove how the PS4 version will be better I will get it for PS4 instead of my Wii U”
@4

aaahhhh ha ha ha ha! if you are not trolling i feel sad for you son.
the wii u struggles with current gen games let alone it was slammed as a “next gen” machine.

+ lisatsunami on May 3rd, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Getting this on PS4.

+ MushThePainter on May 3rd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

This is the game to watch… dogs

+ BlindMango on May 3rd, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

I like these sort of PS Blog interviews, keep doing these!

+ Welmosca on May 3rd, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

@ 4 Pikmologist – One must be nuts to even think in get this game on wiiu instead of PS3 and even more PS4.

Whats going on in the main PSBlog page it says “PS3 development” I came here only for that…oh well anyway watch dogs looks great since its announcement…the concept is really fantastic and very neat for a game….I would really like to buy…but I wont be supporting PS4 so I’ll have to pass because I wont buy a poor port.

+ AizawaYuuichi on May 3rd, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

This is one of the four games I currently plan to buy at the PS4′s launch. Really getting antsy about not being able to pre-order the system or any PS4 games yet. Come on, Sony! Release whatever info is necessary so stores will open up pre-orders! I’ve got $600 saved so far and that’s only going to keep growing!

+ DeeBG on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Very nice, I know Killzone: Shadow Fall, infamous: Second Son and Driveclub are all possible launch title games, but I wasn’t super-excited for any of them. This game is a must have and will justify my PS4 pre-order (the Vita, which I now own, is the only Playstation system that I did not buy Day 1; technically an older family member bought PS1 and PS2 on day 1, but I was only 10 when the PS1 launched =p). Also I’ve seen various people mention that this game looks like Assassin’s Creed (here and other places). I saw some elements of Assassin’s Creed when watching the nightclub part of the gameplay video, but there is so much more (although keep in mind that the same team, Ubisoft Montréal, is the main studio behind the game). Also this is a modern-day cyberpunk dream (a genre I love).

+ DeeBG on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Also even though I am not a Wii-U owner (nor do I plan on becoming one until late in its lifespan; that’s what I did with the Wii anyway), I can imagine some pretty cool things could be done with Aiden’s handheld device on this system. It’s kind of spooky when you watch the trailer though, as more and more important systems are being left in the hands of computers and we have already see how that can be exploited. I can totally see a “test city” (in this case, Chicago) being exploited to the fullest. Heh Ubisoft is killing me with their multiple editions though. I think I will end up with the UPlay Exclusive Edition; as cool as the Dedsec Edition sounds, I think it will be too pricey. Hopefully it won’t sell out before I get my hands on it (no idea when PS4 pre-orders will go on sale).

+ Skater_Ricky on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

@PlayStation Blog I visit this blog mostly to read the articles but also to watch any video on the post as well. When you put up a video that isn’t a YouTube video I can’t watch it due to the type of player your using while I’m using Android with Google Chrome as the browser. Please fix this and would be nice to add the ability to read and comment like the desktop version.

@Ubisoft I plan on buying this game on PS4. I hope the graphics are being pushed more on the next gen consoles to justify allot of gamers that still own a PS3. And have some extra features in the game that you can’t get anywhere but on the PS4. Selling the Next Gen version of Watch Dogs is a good promotion and push to sell more people on the PS4 as well. Either way I’m buying a PS4 not just for this game but for allot of the other games that where announced as well. Look forward to seeing come exclusive DLC on the PS4 version of Watch Dogs. Thanks for Reading.

+ Ruffussroughcutt on May 3rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Freakin’ awesome !!!! Can’t wait , whoooohaaaa ! Ok I’m done .

+ Elvick_ on May 3rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Buying on PS4, hopefully it has better performance all around. Larger draw distance, more on screen, better AA, frame rate, etc.

+ plaztiksyke on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Any playable female or GLBT characters?

Will the game have HD audio assets on PS4?

I assume 1080p native is a given ;)

Also curious about the Vita companion app that’s been hinted at several times…

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 3rd, 2013 at 5:36 pm said:

Looking forward to seeing more of these PS4 developer interview videos. And this game is definitely one I’ll be keeping an eye on. Oh, and I too am curious about this continued interaction with the game from mobile devices (hopefully a vita companion app)

+ altahi on May 3rd, 2013 at 6:19 pm said:

DAY 1! Must buy!

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

Meh. This game will be a good rental. Meh. Meh. Meh.

Just kidding. :)

I just wanted to see what it felt like to act like an ungrateful snobby little turd. And… yuck. I don’t like how it feels. Experiment over. I’ll never do that again, I promise.

In reality, I’m super pumped up for this game. It looks extremely involving. Highly detailed, innovative, and deep. It looks like the type of game that’s really going to encourage stretching your imagination. Which I like.

+ madmexican on May 3rd, 2013 at 10:54 pm said:

Cant wait. Looks like I will be playing this in November.

+ tosyn_88 on May 4th, 2013 at 5:43 am said:

I really hope the PS4 version knocks the socks out of every other versions out there

+ charsamwang on May 4th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

Conclusion: PS3 version will be a scaled down port.
lol

+ JROD0823 on May 4th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

I wish E3 would hurry up and get here and be over with already!!!

I’m tired of waiting to get my PS4 and PS4 games pre-ordered.

+ Enigma777 on May 4th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

I’m getting this on the PS4. With that said, saying that a game designed with current consoles in mind is going to take advantage of the “full power of the PS4″ sounds a bit rich.

+ baldi600 on May 4th, 2013 at 10:03 pm said:

This game looks amazing, inFamous: Second Son and Watch Dogs will be the two games I buy first (hopefully Second Son releases at launch).

+ AliTheSnake on May 5th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

nice. Ps4 all the way

+ mc_issa on May 5th, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

i regret about saying awful comment, cuz guess what?… i v contact playstation suport, and i talk to Ken psn supervisor, and guess what… he speaks french like native speakers :) and yeaaaay :D got my 20$ and slycooper for 12$!!!! tnx gys in playstation vita section and all the auther section so nice and so kind to tack care of my case so fast, love u all :D …I WILL ONLY USE PSN TILL THE DAY I DIE NEGER… peace :D

+ mc_issa on May 5th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

@+ NYPUNK88
tnx dud so help full :D

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Actually looks cool, not sure if I’d be getting my hands on a PS4 when it releases or within a year of it released but I’m definitely looking forward to the PS4 in the future. Also, I hope that ps3 discs work on it. it’d be a shame to have what happened on PS2 to PS3 happen again. I heard the discs were suppose to be bigger via rumors so it could hold more graphics. but If there’s no transfer over to the discs in some way, then it’d be a huge disappointment.

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on May 6th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

I’ll deff hold on till the PS4 comes out to play this one…if it comes on the PS3 first ill wait for the PS4.

+ harscombat on May 13th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

ok wait we whant more datail first i that this is the game finaly they crated a new good game like bf3

but you forgot a few thing

-you said thet the game is a real lofe game like in real roght?

well in real world you can spend money i dont see you can pay nothing?
if you realy whant to this a game at first or 1 place at the best game every in 2014?

tips

in real life you can steel money you can spend momey at cars slothes guns store building buy a safe house en build a drugs shop or arms dealer do mission fir you own shop so more income like gta go to a store en buy guns en part to custumize it on you way?

+ harscombat on May 13th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

im a watch dog i go to a store spend money on guns i got about 10.000.00 dollar
i spend 5.00.000 doller on guns ganades waepons parts i got money left i go look around hy i see a builing for sale i go cheak it buy it
i can make it a drug shop to earn some money or build a gunsdealer shup sell guns or or make a other store or garage or car dealer steel cars en make you car dealer store beter
thet is whant we whant robber a bank hijack a bank car
attack a militaire base? fight to fbi whant every fly a choper or plane?

thet is real life game i hope you will respond on this

if you do this you be the best game maker ever
i wish im a game disinger or thinker

plz respond