Far Cry 4

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on May 04, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Your friendly neighborhood social media team is all moved in at PlayStation’s new HQ, but aside from a nicer view it’s business as usual at PS.Blog. Plenty of news and inside looks this week, along with a strong showing from the weekly PSN update. If you haven’t listened to this week’s Blogcast yet, tune in for a preview of the month’s PlayStation Plus content (and for a really awkward conversation about my apparent obsession with PaRappa).

If you’re itching to try out Insomniac’s latest, Fuse, it’s getting a demo on PS3 this Tuesday, and don’t miss the new details on Wonderbook’s upcoming noir mystery Diggs Nightcrawler. Oh, and how about those new GTA V trailers? September 17th can’t come soon enough.

On the “behind the scenes” front, don’t miss the Watch_Dogs PS4 dev diary, and the insights into the development of the terrifying Fatal Frame and its sequel.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Poker Night 2, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • I’m watching: Trigun, Code Geass (that’s right, MakoSOLIDER)
  • I’m listening to: Dirty Androids, Daft Punk

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 4th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

I hope Fatal Frame 3 comes to PSN, that’s the one PS2 FF i have not played.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Secret shame: I’ve never played any of them. Thinking about diving into the original now that it’s on PSN.

+ IzoGray on May 4th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

You should have titled this post

“What We Refuse To Read To Improve Playstation”

and the only thing in the post should be

Dear Sony, Please Fix The Playstation Store

-IGN article, written by Colin Moriarty.

Get your act together

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 4th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

My previous comment’s awaiting moderation, but I have to add something anyway….

I’m playing: Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice, GTA IV, Soul Sacrifice, Fatal Frame (oh yeah, and Soul Sacrifice too)

I’m watching: The Office, Parks and Recreation Toonami

I’m reading: Soul Sacrifice lore (the monsters and locations in the game have some really interesting backstories)

I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast ep. 072

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 4th, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

@IzoGray I’m sure they’ve read or at least heard about the article. Besides changes don’t happen overnight (well most of the time anyway).

+ IzoGray on May 4th, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

I’m well aware that things don’t change overnight..Only an idiot would assume that someone can properly code and design an entire store overnight.

You would think that Sony is capable of learning from it’s mistakes like any child is capable of. Sony’s mistake in this instance would be lack of communication, no foresight, and in case I forget, lack of communication.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

The recent update to the PS Store on PS3 has made it run a lot snappier for me, and a lot of others I’ve spoken to. Not the case for you? They’re always working to make it better.

How would you like to see us change, in terms of communication?

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 4th, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

I’m Playing: Ratchet & Clank HD
I’m Watching: Darker than Black (Anime)
I’m Reading: All sorts of studying for finals

@Justin LOL, how r u liking it? Do watch in subs or dubs btw, just curious?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

First episode didn’t really grab me, but I can see the potential. I’ll savor this one, like a fine wine, since it looks like there isn’t a whole lot of it.

Watching it subbed. Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are the only ones I’ve seen where the English dub is just as good as the subbed version, so I tend to skew toward the native language on new shows.

+ SNORLAXex on May 4th, 2013 at 7:32 pm said:

Removing the random lag spikes alone, would make me enjoy the store more.

Besides that though, the download list REALLY needs some search options.

+ Elvick_ on May 4th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

Playing: Soul Sacrifice, Resistance 3
Watching: Bewitched, almost done with Season 2.
Listening: Ashanti ~ ‘Baby’
Reading: Ratchet and Clank (comic book)

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 4th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

How and where is the new HQ by the way?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

It’s great! Lots of windows means tons of natural light, and it’s walking distance to a Chipotle. What more could one ask for?

+ meisdevin on May 4th, 2013 at 7:43 pm said:

JI BUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+ NX_Nytrux on May 4th, 2013 at 7:58 pm said:

Tetris discount please, like European Store.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on May 4th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

I’m playing: Zombie Tycoon 2, Soul Sacrifice, Super Street Fighter 4, & hanging out on PShome.
I’m watching: (For the 20th time) Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle trailers.
I’m waiting on:Cades’ Top PSN games for last month post & Sleeping Dogs.

+ crazydude952 on May 4th, 2013 at 8:41 pm said:

Add Parappa 2 to PSN Store please?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

I want it too! I wonder whose door I need to knock down to make that happen…

+ PsychoSploosh69 on May 4th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

I’m playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 2 & 3 multiplayer
I’m watching: Those awesome GTA V trailers
I’m reading: Playstation blog
I’m listening to: Playstation Blogcast and some assorted 80’s hair bands

+ LURKING_WOLF on May 4th, 2013 at 11:04 pm said:

add nightshade ps2 to the store i need that game
also you guys need to update the vita i want to play my ps2 games on it
i want to play shinobi ps2 thats why i want nightshade and vita update if possible
i’m playing: shinobi ps2 yeah i know its old i like old
i’m watching: date a live
i’m reading: nothing
i’m listening to: video game ost sound tracks
d^_^b

+ LURKING_WOLF on May 4th, 2013 at 11:06 pm said:

also update vita video streaming for browser online plz!

+ mysongska on May 5th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

I’m playing: Tiger woods 14
I’m watching: Community
I’m listening to: Sevendust “Black out the Sun”
I’m reading: The Story: The Bible as one continuing story of God and His people

+ MushThePainter on May 5th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

I’m playing – Defiance, Soul Sacrifice
I’m watching – Knicks vs Pacers Game 1 – LET’S GO KNICKS!!!
I’m listening to – 96.9 WRRV

+ Electromagnus on May 5th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

Hi :)

I’m watching – From the new world, Doctor Who
I’m playing – Catherine R&C Full Frontal Assault
I’m listening to – The Radio

@Justin, I saw that you’re watching code geass, if you like it and like time travel, I suggest you watch Steins;Gate it’s amazing.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Hi. :)

MakoSOLIDER up above has been bugging me to watch Steins;Gate as well; I’ll give it a shot once I get a bit further into Geass.

+ Archaga on May 5th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Sale is almost over and I still can’t get MGS1 as PSN refuses to put it up for the Vita without a proper reason. I highly doubt it’s a licensing issue, and definitely not a compatibility issue.

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 5th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

@Archaga Here’s a suggestion, if you purchase MGS1 from the online web PS store, I believe it should show up in your download list on your vita, and then you can download it from there.

+ DrSmoov on May 5th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Code Geass is hella dope.

+ Orlando30kills on May 5th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

when is the playstation store going to be working

+ TibLion on May 6th, 2013 at 2:04 am said:

I’m playing: LittleBigPlanet 2, Ratchet&Clank All 4 One and WipEout 2048
I’m watching: Nothing :P
I’M listening to: Zomboy

+ TERMINATOR543 on May 6th, 2013 at 5:50 am said:

I’m playing: Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
I’m watching: Defiance
I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast Episode 72
I’m reading: PlayStation Blog!!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

it honestly, takes longer now for Morgan to push out a monthly update than weekly ones. I don’t like the monthly updates… It’s nice to see whats all coming for plus for the month but it’s a drag, last time I don’t think he even got to push out the update on time for April. I think it was the day of the release he pushed out the month and week. Or is that how it is now? That would of been a nice heads up if that’s how it is.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 6th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

We run the Plus updates on Mondays; so the first Monday of the month (today) is when we run the monthly preview.