LittleBigPlanet 3

The Drop: Week of May 6th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on May 05, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Terror returns with Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly as PlayStation 2 Classic on PSN. The journey takes you to a whole new setting: an abandoned village, where you play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and her twin sister Mayu, who notices a crimson butterfly faintly glowing in the sky.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

fatal-frame-ii-crimson-butterfly-image814791PlayStation 2 Classic

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly – Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly project started relatively soon after the first project concluded. Since we received lots of feedback that players got too scared to complete the game, we shifted our attention to making the storyline more interesting, to encourage such players to overcome the scariness in wanting to see the end of the story. Read More.

Demos

• Fuse

PSone Import

Motto Trump Shiyouyo! – Motto Trump Shiyouyo! is the sequel to the previously released Trump Shiyouyo!, but this time around there are even motto (more) games! These include the following: Daifugo, Shichinarabe, Seven Bridge, Dobon, Page One, Shinkeisuijyaku, Poker, Blackjack, Napoleon, Klondike, Free Cell, and Speed.

• Zero Kara No Mahjong Mahjong – Tamago-Gumi
  • Zero Kara No Mahjong Mahjong – Tamago-Gumi 2 Taikai E Ikou!

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

124 Comments

+ MushThePainter on May 5th, 2013 at 6:56 pm said:

Very excited for Sleeping Dogs.. and I’ll definitely be checking out the Fuse demo

+ Rezolution77 on May 5th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

Well, trying to take advantage of last weeks drop.

Bought MG Solid and transfered it from PS3.
Slightly dissappointed, since, I just bought Peacewalker last week.

Bought both God of Wars for PSP. (although confused, why not, the HD version for Vita)

Bought Full Frontal Assault, which my kids seemed to enjoy for a little while, and hope the Vita version will still be released.

And still debating a favorite of mine, Devil May Cry HD (yet again, not on Vita?)

And think Zombe Tycoon 2 is a nice change and is rather fun , if you like Command and Conquer games with an interesting twist.
(Which I do)

Can not complain about this week, more about the price differance of two dollars for PS-Allstars which is only crossbuy for the PS3 version, which seriously is unfortunate to someone that bought it thinking it worked both ways.

Can I not just be charged the two dollars !!!!????

Jeesh.

+ RonZombie91 on May 5th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

Really? What kind of drop is this? This is terrible.

+ kassatsu on May 5th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

Zero Kara No Mahjong Mahjong – Tamago-Gumi released on Apr 9th.

You mean Zero Kara no Shogi ~Shogi Youchien Ayumi-gumi~

+ maniacsfm on May 5th, 2013 at 7:16 pm said:

Yay, Fatal Frame II going to be a good week for me.

+ Guimace on May 5th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

Sorry if I come out rude but this was indeed an hilariously bad drop, probably the worst ever, lol. I guess other stuff will come though, as The Drop doesn’t always list all upcoming games.

Can’t complain though, I’m too busy playing Soul Sacrifice. :)

+ YorlecmNwahs on May 5th, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

NO MORE PS1 IMPORTS. Give us classics we’re already familiar with. Or better yet change the focus to PS2 classics. Let’s get FlatOut and FlatOut 2.

+ YorlecmNwahs on May 5th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ jacob3178259 on May 5th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

how about some i dont know, DYNASTY WARRIORS? europeans have had it for months. you guys need to get at koei and tell them that the people want some ps2 dynasty warriors games on the store.

+ KnifingGrimace on May 5th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

Some might even say that this Drop…

*puts on shades*

…has been dropped.

Or some could, you know, be better than me at making terrible puns. Whichever.

+ SHIVA741 on May 5th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

Any chance the Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 someday??
Please!!!!

+ Remmy8199 on May 5th, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

Wow………That’s like the biggest list ever lol.

+ RydogV on May 5th, 2013 at 8:45 pm said:

Weak drop indeed. So a great opportunity to check out Dust 514 and the new expansion they are releasing TOMORROW (6 May)…’Uprising’ (the real one not that COD knock-off lol).

Huge graphics upgrade, smoothed out FSP mechanics and a boatload of new skills and dropsuits introduced. Download it FREE on PSN and get started on a AAA shooter experience that will cost you nothing to play. Get all primed for the official “launch” on May 14th that will include even more maps, weapons and game modes just one week later.

One PS3 exclusive you should not pass up.

+ TerraAshura on May 5th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

So I’m absolutely thrilled that we’re getting Fatal Frame 2 (as the series is known for being absolutely terrifying) but I gotta agree, only two games, one of which most people don’t even know what it is and the other being and older one which isn’t what a lot of gamers want? Sure seems like a pretty weak drop today in comparison to the usual ones.

+ SpaceOddity87 on May 5th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

Wow. I thought maybe I had scrolled down the page by mistake, but nope. There’s really nothing. I hope there’s at least a decent sale this week.

+ Elvick_ on May 5th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

Not sure why people expect four million AAA games every week. There’s bound to be slow weeks, and if anything, that should be a good thing. Since then it allows you to focus on your backlog, like many gamers have.

@57: GungHo has nothing to do with that other stuff you’re probably referring to. You realize one company doesn’t determine everything, right?

+ DRD_Fuehrer on May 5th, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

I want the Xenosaga series to come back as PS2 classics! An HD Collection would be cool too, but doubtful.

+ PainOfSarrow on May 5th, 2013 at 10:26 pm said:

Lol omg…. this has by far got to be the Worst drop i ever seen on the ps Blog. yess Fatal Frame to is nice and all but reallyyyy…. smfhh

+ Skyyplum on May 5th, 2013 at 10:46 pm said:

This is a really weak drop but why does anyone ask Rey anything? He never responds even though he should.

+ valves582 on May 5th, 2013 at 11:53 pm said:

SPYRO and CRASH VITA compatibility PLZ!

+ Superstone on May 6th, 2013 at 2:29 am said:

More PSone classics

+ Barborah_FL on May 6th, 2013 at 3:13 am said:

almost nothing :( need more vita stuff

+ veryhoudini11 on May 6th, 2013 at 3:30 am said:

@17
well its a good thing you’re just one of millions. and most of the games you buy arent really supporting sony but are more supporting developers who make the game, which is important to the survival of this industry. if you want to act like a child then please continue. and if you support want a game focused pawn shop like gamestop, thats your right as a consumer. but just ask yourself “how is it sony’s fault that most developers arent releasing new games this week?” and just because you’re upset with sony, or that they didnt give you more this week, why would you punish hard wokring game developers for your selfishness?

+ slipknotking1994 on May 6th, 2013 at 3:37 am said:

weak drop……………………………………….

+ IcedDice777 on May 6th, 2013 at 4:58 am said:

Sony… you need to put “ALL” of those .Hack ps2 Rpg titles on HD/Remaster Collection.

and while at it… the Champions of Norrath And Return to Arms on a single Bluray remastered with trophies.

+ CStancer on May 6th, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

So spring is almost done and again no word on Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault for the PS Vita! So should a class action lawsuit be filled like with those cheated with aliens colonial marines? How hard is it to keep us informed? Just say “tin giant is a horrible company and that you (Sony) made a mistake as usual!”, it is not hard and your loyal customers deserve it…. Anyways how about some info on Ratchet and Clank Full Front Assault for the PS Vita? Hey I heard It was being released in spring of this year, is that true? Why not just push it back until November? A whole year would help customers forget about it, maybe we would forgive you? So how about it sony people! Give us an answer…. And no silence is not an answer were willing to take!

+ TALLglassofWATER on May 6th, 2013 at 5:23 am said:

FIX THE VITA FIRMWARE. I want to play lumines, but the new firmware won’t let me. I have all my bloatware in a folder though.

+ neuropunk on May 6th, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

DarkOne_PR “on May 5th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:
Can we pls get some JRPG love!!!!!!!!????”

Sorry but Sony and these new mainstream casual gamers don’t care about great games such as classic turn based JRPGs. All these new mainstream gamers care about are casual dumbed down Michael Bay action QTE shooters. For some reason new gamers love this crummy crap.

pewpewpewpewpewpew pew pew pew pew

all the freaking same garbage shoot shoots. Sony staff and new gamers have horrible taste in games. Hope Fuse fails since it is a shooter, and cannot wait for Call of Duty to go down and fail. Hope Activision goes bankrupt and if these other game studios keep on making shooters, I hope they lose money everytime and if they don’t learn their lesson I hope they go out of business. .

+ nanaki85 on May 6th, 2013 at 6:23 am said:

Seriously people? ^

+ Dangisuckatgamin on May 6th, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

Wow this brought out all the trolls didn’t it.
“You’re never getting my money again, because we know it’s not helping you anyway”

I don’t mind this drop; it saves me money and gives me less distraction towards a new game. I will continue to play Dead Island: Riptide, Injustice, and PS All Stars Battle Royale, and couple others. I absolutely prefer Playstation’s store updates to those of Xbox’s, they don’t hardly get any day 1 digital. (Which is how i buy my games now)

+ Nates4Christ on May 6th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

This is a great drop for me. I have been looking forward to Fuse for a long time. I’m also excited to try sleeping dogs. I just hope it isn’t too M rated content, and that most is voluntary.

+ pOcHo_OX on May 6th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Worst drop? srly?… maybe weak drop, but it has fatal frame2 in it, nuff said!!!

So its a great to have fatal frame2, but i’d love to have it in my vita… anychance we have fatal frame series in our ps vita??

+ jack9636 on May 6th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

i guess the Vita has now become the ultimate portable system for fighting games. Can we please get a different genre game for ps plus vita. maybe Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward. that would be awesome.

+ cirkodelico2 on May 6th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

De verdad seria genial poder jugar .hack y .hack//G.U.
Será posible?

+ PainOfSarrow on May 6th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

pOcHo_OX , may not be the worst drop for you, but for me it is. nuff said

+ Figboy on May 6th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

This drop is super light, but Fatal Frame II is great! I’ve never played it, so I’m looking forward to picking it up.

+ FiNiShEr74 on May 6th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Okay this is gonna be one boring week in PS store :|

+ TheJuggla17 on May 6th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

How is it that Fatal Frame 2 gets released so quickly and yet Medievil 2 and Maximo vs The Army of Zin have yet to be released?

+ SilentShadowX2 on May 6th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Summer gaming drought has begun.

+ swissmr on May 6th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

cant wait until you let us know Sleeping dogs is free :) yea

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on May 6th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

I love Ratchet and Resistance, but I don’t really care for Fuse at the moment. Luckily there is a demo to play.

+ zombie9 on May 6th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

I gave it a 5 out of 5
I for one am not to crazy about the New PS Store so sice I only have to download Fuse demo. 5 out of 5 boxes that Store is very slow loading.

+ OtakuMakoto on May 6th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Really, really really hoping we get good Hyperdimension Neptunia DLC this week.

Looking to see IF, Compa and a slew of other stuff for the CPU Candidates.

As for the Drop, I will be buying Fatal Frame II as it was my favorite game on the PS2. There’s no other horror/survival game like it, and I would like to see more of these for next-gen consoles.

Those of you interested, I’m really into Japanese anime (watch in subs via JP broadcast – CrunchyRoll), and my favorite games right now are FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

North American PSN: OtakuMakoto
Japanese PSN: OtakuSakura

+ CallnMrMojoRisin on May 6th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

When is Way of the Dogg coming out on PSN? It’s already out for the 360.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Yeah you know, you still don’t answer questions, poor display of sony. but uhhh can you tell Morgan not to be 10 years late with today’s update? I’d appreciate it.

+ DirjelJunshin on May 6th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Whee! Fatal Frame!

Nothing else of note, but Fatal Frame! Whee!

+ Evil_Vladimyr on May 6th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

I don’t understand why people are complaining. I remember when we used to have MONTHS of no new games, and then all games were released only around the school holiday windows. That has changed, and we get new “arcade” games every week, classics, and with all the digital releases, regular sales.

I have bought so much in the last few weeks I’m glad to finally get a chance to play them all.

The trolling and complaints is just silly considering the way games used to be sold.

And I would love to see the .hack series as PS2 classics as they were my favorite series on the PS2. I also wish the final game on the PSP had been localized, but I understand why it wasn’t.

I’m still looking forward to buying Black Rock Shooter, but can’t afford it at the moment.

We should be happy that we even get “The Drop” every week.

+ Coody-Baroody on May 6th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

SCEA still haven’t told you PLUS guys what your getting in May yet? Its May 6th already!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

@Evil_Vladimyr – Not sure if that was directed towards me at all, but I don’t mean to step on your toes or anything but I remember the times where updates and releases were extremely long, I also remember the times having to wait even long just to rent a game for two weeks. But if you honestly believe that no one complained to those times to progress it along even further then your obviously delusional. Without negative feedback or “complaining” as you call it, then Sony would only try to improve upon what they feel is necessary because they wouldn’t have anything to go on. Pretty much, that’s why we have a blog in the first place right? I just wanted to give you a bit of insight from someone who points out Sony’s flaws to in turn make them better for it. That’s how companies evolve to what they can become for their consumers. right?.

+ Nates4Christ on May 6th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

In light of all the .hack love. Sony please talk with bandai about releasing the .hack games on the psn. :)