PS4-The Order

The Drop: Week of May 6th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on May 05, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Terror returns with Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly as PlayStation 2 Classic on PSN. The journey takes you to a whole new setting: an abandoned village, where you play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and her twin sister Mayu, who notices a crimson butterfly faintly glowing in the sky.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

fatal-frame-ii-crimson-butterfly-image814791PlayStation 2 Classic

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly – Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly project started relatively soon after the first project concluded. Since we received lots of feedback that players got too scared to complete the game, we shifted our attention to making the storyline more interesting, to encourage such players to overcome the scariness in wanting to see the end of the story. Read More.

Demos

• Fuse

PSone Import

Motto Trump Shiyouyo! – Motto Trump Shiyouyo! is the sequel to the previously released Trump Shiyouyo!, but this time around there are even motto (more) games! These include the following: Daifugo, Shichinarabe, Seven Bridge, Dobon, Page One, Shinkeisuijyaku, Poker, Blackjack, Napoleon, Klondike, Free Cell, and Speed.

• Zero Kara No Mahjong Mahjong – Tamago-Gumi
  • Zero Kara No Mahjong Mahjong – Tamago-Gumi 2 Taikai E Ikou!

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

124 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Evil_Vladimyr on May 6th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

@98 – We got told last week that we would be told today.

@99 – It wasn’t specifically directed at anyone, but more to those that just give a negative, “This Sucks” post.

I’m not saying that complaints are useless, but the great majority of complaints on this forum are, as they aren’t in any form constructive. “This week is “lame” and “sucks” are just silly. Even the complaints that say “it sucks because it’s too small” are more constructive than that. Feedback by it’s definition isn’t even included in what I said earlier because feedback provides reasons.

I myself have complained – everybody does, but I do try to make it constructive. And that’s the point I was making.

Constructive criticism is usually always listened to, people who are trolling and flaming are not.

I wouldn’t say anything if every post was a complaint, as long as they had reasons. Hope that clarifies what I said a little better.

+ viceforce on May 6th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

@78

Your rant is the best comment I’ve seen this blog. Unfortunately that’s the reality of things. I also wish we can get some Japanese games over here like Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Wars OG but do to licensing that’ll never happen. Nintendo is getting Project X Zone which is the only thing that really impressed me so far. I also dislike COD because ever since Modern Warfare era it’s been the same thing over and over again, Same with Black Ops (God I hope there’s no Black Ops 3), but if it sells well there’s nothing we can do about then just **tch our opinion.

+ DominusMow on May 6th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Very bad week!
What is the possibility of adapting successful ps3 games for the ps vita?

+ Evil_Vladimyr on May 6th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

@103 – That would be awesome. Though it’d also be awesome if we could end up playing PS2 Classics on the Vita as well.

+ paymypockets217 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

Where is Capcom Vs Snk 2 Wtf!!!!!!!

+ Mando44646 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

nothing for Vita again. Soul Sacrifice is all we get for weeks on end I guess

+ Klelslol on May 6th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

And once again, Vita owners get left in the dark. Wonderful.

+ OtakuMakoto on May 6th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

I’d surmise Vita owners to import all their games, since Japan is the only country with a sense of entertainment. /sarcasm

Really though, they have some interesting Vita games I want but experience tells me I’d never see them localized. Also, it seems as we go deeper into further generations of gaming, we are offered far less content and worse quality games. This sucks, it’s like every company used all their talent by the end of the PS2 era.

More should be done to aid indie devs with their ideas and get them made up to par with the now generation. Indie devs have been the highlight of my gaming experience the last couple of years, and not just what is available on the PSN.

NA: OtakuMakoto
JP: OtakuSakura

+ tusunami on May 6th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

It’s great to see more PS 1 imports, I’ll have to read up on this for sure. And also checkout the Fuze demo by Insominiac those guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ IX-lycaon on May 6th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Fatal Frame 2 is the only game i need :D Thanks guys!
So, Haunting Ground next week, right? :p

+ tusunami on May 6th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

And on another note for those crying about there’s nothing this week, you probably haven’t even beaten half of the games you own. Much less if you or your parents for those that live at home still have money to get a game every week really really.

+ RIC-DIAZ on May 6th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

you can tell we’re nearly at the end of the PS3 console era.. Nothing new and exciting…

+ Alkaiser27 on May 6th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

fatal frame 2 should be fun. super stoked for the plus update, with fatal be plus discounted?

+ Elvick_ on May 6th, 2013 at 5:58 pm said:

Not sure why people keep asking Sony for 3rd party PS2 games. Go ask Namco Bandai if you want .hack games on PSN. Would be nice, maybe it’d bring down part 4 so I could complete my set! (doubtful ;_;) Ar Tonelico are NIS America’s games, those would certainly be nice as well (though I own both on PS2).

Sony can’t just shove anything on PSN they feel like you know. Just like how Apple isn’t the one that just takes someone’s album and shoves it on iTunes because they feel like it.

+ Insomnia999 on May 7th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Rey, where have you been?!

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on May 7th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

update it now

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on May 7th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

+ skaloola on May 7th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Please add Final Fantasy V and Legend of Dragoon to PS Vita store.. thank you

+ Gamefreek67 on May 7th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

Already own Fatal Frame, but definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn’t played the series!

+ darkshadowclon on May 7th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

i’m still waiting fatal frame 3 for complete the collection, thanks

+ Hephaeus on May 9th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

Will definitely be picking up Crimson Butterfly, however I do hope games like .hack// and Indigo Prophecy make their way soon. XP

+ PrinceofXIII on May 10th, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

Fatal Frame I and II FTW!!

+ Grenadehh on May 19th, 2013 at 5:02 pm said:

Uh, no? Fatal Frame 2 isn’t on PSN. Believe me I check on a regular basis. Just did, still not there.

+ chief017 on June 2nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Man fatal frame, helllz yeah. Ps Blog is awesome, keep on keeping me informed! And take my money already, give me the PlayStation 4!

PAGE 1 2 3