Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus: Sleeping Dogs Joins the Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on May 06, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Welcome to the PlayStation Plus preview for May! Read on to see what’s coming to the Instant Game Collection this month, as well as this week’s discounts.

Please extend a warm welcome to Square-Enix’s thrilling crime drama Sleeping Dogs, joining the Instant Game Collection tomorrow! You’ll also find a sweet discount on the award-winning indie, Papo & Yo. There’s more where that came from, so read on. As always, let us know what you think in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

May Preview

The following games are slated to be free to PS Plus members through the Instant Game Collection in the month of May.

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

PSN Price: $49.99, Free for PS Plus members

Sleeping Dogs
Welcome to Hong Kong, a vibrant city whose exotic locations hide one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the Triads. You play Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to take down the Triads from the inside. Heralded on several Game of the Year lists, this version of Sleeping Dogs comes with not only the full game, but also 3 premium DLC packs including the Retro Triad Pack, the Red Envelope Pack, and the Street Racer Pack.
Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Knytt Underground
With an array of thrilling quests, unique zen-like gameplay and plenty of dynamic characters to meet and guide you on your adventure – Knytt Underground delivers a captivating and unparalleled experience. Download today and begin your journey to ring the six bells of fate and save this vibrant and enchanted underground world before it’s too late.
Germinator (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Germinator
Germinator twists the bubble genre, wiping away old school match-three games. Crash germ bubbles into those of the same color. Combine and grow them until they explode in a splattering goop. Trigger power-ups to pop them all and mess up the screen. Timing and accuracy are the keys to solving puzzles and preventing the germs from rising too high. It’s a great title for all ages, and will be downloadable free in PlayStation Plus later this month.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $24.99, Free for PS Plus members

BlazBlue
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND is the definitive version of the Continuum Shift series, which includes character balance tweaks, a new character, Relius Clover, story modes for all previous three DLC characters: Platinum, Makoto, Valkenhayn, new modes, and improved online multiplayer! Watch for it later this month.
Pinball Arcade (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

PSN Price: $9.99 Free for PS Plus members

Pinball Arcade
It’s pinball action on the go with Pinball Arcade on PS Vita. You’ll find great pinball tables likeTales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Theatre of Magic, and Black Hole available from within the game. There are other tables available to download if you’re looking to augment your Pinball Arcade experience.

PlayStation Plus Update 5-7-2013

Leaving PS Plus In May
  • May 7th – Demon’s Souls
  • May 14th – Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack
  • May 21st – Tekken 6 PSP
  • May 21st – Darksiders
  • May 28th – Zombie Tycoon 2
Entering PS Plus in May(in no particular order)
  • Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
  • Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
  • Germinator (PS Vita)
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS Vita)
  • Pinball Arcade (PS3)

May 7th PlayStation Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update 5-7-2013

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

PSN Price: $49.99, Free for PS Plus members

Papo & Yo Bundle(PS3)

25% Discount – PSN Price: $11.99, $8.99 for PS Plus members

Papo & Yo is an adventure that follows the tale of a young boy named Quico and his best friend Monster, a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth and an addiction to poisonous frogs. The minute Monster eats a frog he goes into a violent rage that’s bad news for everyone around. And yet, Quico isn’t afraid to make a dangerous journey to find a cure for his best friend. As Quico, you’ll need to build your friendship with Monster by solving puzzles with his help as you adventure through a magical, imaginative world in which you can conjure solid objects from thin air. You’ll need to learn to use Monster’s emotions, both good and bad, to your advantage if you want to complete your quest and find a cure for your scary pal! This bundle also includes the soundtrack.

Remember, check back every Monday to learn when BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS3)
Germinator (PS Vita), Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled), and Pinball Arcade (PS3) are arriving to PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember: the month preview is subject to change.

Thanks for reading this week’s update along with the month outlook. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 5-7-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 11

+ DanteMerfi on May 6th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

There you go, whiners: Sleeping Dogs. Now you can find something else to cry about.

+ kansi2004 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

nice

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Have to say, it’s taking a bit longer for these updates. but bravo, you pulled through for a lot of people that wanted sleeping dogs on here. Good feedback to the team on the one Morgan. I know I’ll be downloading Sleeping Dogs and having a riot with it!!!!…..

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

It’s a great game; hope you guys enjoy it, along with the rest of the content planned for May

+ Jack_Tamaki on May 6th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

You guys made a mistake “April 7th PlayStation Plus Update”

+ DamienCasanova on May 6th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

How many GBs is Sleeping Dogs? Can you please include game size with all these updates, y’know these hard drives fill up quickly!

+ KirAMinh on May 6th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Tks for Sleepign Dogs.

Can i ask a question: when does this game (SD) leave PS+ ?!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

It’ll likely be there for about 1 month or so

+ Jesszman on May 6th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Thanks for the post Morgan. Glad to see Sleeping Dogs coming to the Instant Game Collection. I do have to say though, I’d like to see a good amount of discounts like we saw last month. Personally, I prefer those to the Instant Game Collection.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

We’ll make sure to post any news about discounts in the week they take effect. For example, this week you’ll see the Papo & Yo discount, and we’ll share more discount news through the month should they be in effect

+ hrfuknstuf on May 6th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Should say May 7th before Sleeping Dogs & Papo y Yo… Psyched for the former, and the Knytt Underground demo was fun too… good stuff this month.

+ Mafia_Steve on May 6th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Sleeping Dogs?! AWESOME!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

@ DamienCasanova not sure but I think it ballparks around 15GB-18GB

+ letmeseeurface on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

wow really dude lol your just gonna leave a comment like that

+ Kirnzee on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Hope Ratchet and Clank FFA gets released this week..

+ XenonSovereign on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Sleeping Dogs was one of the best surprises last year. Didn’t expect it to be anywhere near as good as it was.

+ trum3n1 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

YES!!! WE GOT CRAP AGAIN!!!! NICE!!!!

AND SERIOUSLY, THAT’S PATHETIC SONY, AGAIN. KEEP IT UP AND YOU’RE GONNA LOSE MANY CLIENTS.

+ snakeman07 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Awesome month, I can’t wait for Sleeping Dogs, Knytt Underground, and Germinator!

+ Madd_Hatter401 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Hands down the BEST month for plus..I love sleeping dogs best open world game this gen (opinion) great job guys! :) you the man Morgan

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Thanks! Of course, I’m just the guy delivering what the community has to say to the teams (and of course writes these posts ^_^ ) It’s the hard work of the PS Store team that gets these deals through for you guys.

+ four24twenty on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

One of my favorites from of 2012 – Sleeping Dogs

Enjoy fellow Plus Members! You are in for a treat.

+ snakeman07 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

@#5 I believe it’s around 7gbs.

+ N1ghtbr1ng3r on May 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Great month, I really want sleeping dogs and finally a ps vita game i don’t own.

Greetings

+ greghove79 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Now that’s what I’m talking about. Finally a sweet sandbox game to get immersed in. Loved the True Crime series. Not at all sure how well pinball translates to a console video game, but I’ll give it a shot; Knytt looks like an interesting platformer. As usual, the Vita titles mean nothing to me. Good update, though. Very excited for Sleeping Dogs.

+ UncannySilk on May 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Wei Shen, motherf#@#@!, who you?

+ Xer0Signal on May 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Pretty sweet haul, altogether. Lots of variety, there.

+ Kirnzee on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

For Vita that is

+ Kalysm on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Now it’s proven that the whiners serve a valuable purpose to us all :)

+ trum3n1 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

ALSO, WHERE ARE 2 FULL GAMES FOR US?? I CAN SEE JUST ONE – SLEEPING DOGS.
PINBALL IS THE 2ND ONE?

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Hey Morgan, if I have only a Vita would I be able to download Pinball Arcade and Knytt Underground?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Yep; absolutely

+ almex2 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Oh well. Nothing really for me this month either but for those who don’t already own Sleeping Dogs, you’re in for a treat.

+ ch8882002usnavy on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Awesome first comment and Amazing content month. I have been looking forward to this post all day. I think my F5 button is now wore out.

+ Nader-Abudiix on May 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

pretty awesome update @morgan :) thanks… btw quick question, any plans for Lego games to appear on IGC one day ? those are really fun games for all ages

but other then that pretty nice update :) im getting sleeping dogs even tho i have already platinumed it :D but sold it

+ cornagandarub on May 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Sleeping Dogs and BlazBlue are pretty great offers. Last month was awful outside of some good sales. Hopefully it continues to approach equal quality to EU.

+ adamrich81 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Let me just say-Sony- you can’t please em all. But anyone who complains about the free game collection should go and get themselves good and F’d. There are some big names on there, and every week may not be a winner but there are some real gems in there I might not have otherwise checked out. Please overlook my occasional whining week to week but all in all-thanks for it.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

@trum3n1 – I don’t remember anything about 2 full games a month… Morgan stated before they try to push out at least one a month.

+ shikigami78 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

ha!!!!!!!! and i was going to purchase sleeping dogs this week. nice. hi5 to DanteMerfi–we’ll see what they whine about in the coming months lol

+ Phillyblunz on May 6th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

I need to buy plus soon to take advantage of the 2 yr extended warrenty through Sony, as my ps3 will be 1 yr old in a few days.

I been waiting for something to come down the pipe I could get excited about, guess I will have to bite the bullet and just do it.

Sleeping dogs cant be too bad can it?

Anyone know how to get a free 30day plus code? I just need the warrenty discount.

Suggestions?

+ yazter on May 6th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

YYYYYYAAAAAY :D

Nice update, loving my PS Plus so far <3

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Glad you’re enjoying Plus!

+ kyoshinhen2 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

I’ve already won the game but I tried to buy the year of the snake as the DLC content but it not appears on the list.

+ DJBennett1985 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Awesome vita love!

+ likeanobody on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND for PS VITA? As far as I know, that game is PS3 & 360 only.

+ trustyourpilot on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Hey Morgan,

You accidentally listed the PS3 version of BlazBlue in the Entering part:

“BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS3)”

+ THExMIGHTY_BOOSH on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

im sick of buying games that go on sale just to have them go up Free on PS+ .. Sleeping dogs was not the first time i wasted money on something that was on sale only 2 weeks ago.

+ MickeyWard09 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

@#1 You took the words out of my mouth.

+ vanwinkle on May 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Nice month for Vita. Makes me happy.

+ thonglx on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Is that real? We will have 4 Vita game this month?

+ JPG2105 on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Why do you give vita owners another fighting game for three months in a row now?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on May 6th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Appreciate the note, and I’ll make sure it’s delivered to the team.

+ Deponex on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

So happy to see so many games for Vita and the so-acclaimed Sleeping Dogs!

EXCELLENT job Morgan, we LOVE to see these types of updates and I’m glad you do listen to your customers after all :)!

+ schreekuline on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Awesome! I bought Sleeping Dogs for 360 when it first came out and am excited I now get to play it through on my PS3 as well! Not a bad update overall, I am excited to give Blazblue a try as well. Might pick up Papo & Yo as well! I look forward to seeing the discounts this month, though you will be hard pressed to beat the amazing deals we got with the Spring Fever deals last week!

+ Fardeenah on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND isnt it a ps vita title? its labelled as vita, glad vita is getting some love. thx. btw please kindly fix the issue that vita pause download in sleep mode in firmware 2.11. whoever is in charge , its so irritating

+ Phillyblunz on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

When is Matrix PON coming to PSN?

Maybe Starwars Battlefront? 1, 2, and hopefully one day 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need more PS2 titles, but good ones not JP titles only 50 people ever heard of, etc.

Should give Plus members free access to Crysis 1.

Cheers!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

@Morgan – I Spent hours on the demo just for fun beating people up… I just seen my friend run through it in a day and wasn’t sure about buying it, but I’m definitely downloading it.

+ MatheusRuggeri on May 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Good update.

When European’s Plus give us Sleeping Dogs I picked up with one month free account and finish. Can I make something with the Save to continue from where I was? And for the trophies, I played with my american account, they continue or I need pick up they again?

Thanks