PS4-The Order

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX: Pre-Order for Limited Edition Artbook

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar + Posted by Mat Kishimoto on May 07, 2013 // Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

Ready for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX? In very limited quantities, those who pre-order the game will receive a limited edition artbook at launch!

Now, this isn’t your traditional video game artbook. First off, the artwork will feature your favorite characters in the history of anything – Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, Goofy, other iconic Disney characters, and much more.

This book has everything you could want — from early sketches, to character renders, to final pieces of artwork that never made its way to North America (from famed Director Nomura Tetsuya).

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

You won’t have to wait much longer to play Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX — it comes exclusively to PS3 on September 10th, 2013.

High fives all around, am I right? If you just started paying attention right now, here’s the skinny — preorder Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX at any participating retailer, and get a limited edition artbook containing fantastic Kingdom Hearts artwork. The game comes out on September 10th, 2013 in North America for $39.99, exclusively on PS3. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is a collection of HD remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts 1 FINAL MIX, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and HD cinematics from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Of course, we can’t forget that this game contains PS3 Trophies.

Did I not answer all of life’s questions yet? If not, ask away in the comments below! If you have no further questions, what are you waiting for? Supplies are limited, so act quickly! For more information, follow us on Facebook.

+ GintokiSsan on May 7th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

I would love to have this Cross Buy on Vita… Why Sony why? But I’ll still get this damn.. These Hd remixes are getting nice.. Final Fantasy X and now this.. I’mma have to order both damn

+ Oisterboy on May 7th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Do i specifically have to request this at gamestop, or do preorders get it by default?

+ pOcHo_OX on May 7th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

SOLD!!!! great game

+ Prime__Assassin on May 7th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Is artbook available now when you pre-order it or is it when you pick up your pre-ordered game?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mathew Kishimoto on May 7th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

It will be available at launch – 9/10/13

+ SoraCloudPunk on May 7th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

must say i cant wait to play through defeat the secret bosses complete the journal for the 100th time and get trophies for it. My absolute favorite games of all time. Of course you could probably tell that by my psn name. lol

+ VacuusDeus on May 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

How many pages is the art book?

+ robsAgeek on May 7th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Will there be Limited Edition that includes other goodies like soundtrack cd?

+ FE_RR on May 7th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will be full in the disc or just the cinematics??

+ TwinDad on May 7th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I don’t think you posted “Exclusively on the PS3″ enough times.

Just a random comment. The artbook looks great, but I personally would rather get a dynamic theme or avatars or something digital. Last thing i need is another artbook lying around the house. sure I can sell it or donate it but I would get more mileage out of something digital.

+ exjraordinary on May 7th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

I agree with the other commenters on here they need to get digital versions of the psp games on psn and get those games on vita, kingdom hearts birth by sleep, final fantasy crisis core, fantasy type 0 and new versions of each for vita including dissidia sequel. Square keeps crying about not making money but wont give us U.S. fans what we want that cost little programming for Vita/PS3 versions in hd with trophies, people would still pay full 40 dollars for ps3/vita crisis core or type 0 with hd and trophies I know I would.

+ axemtitanium on May 7th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

THANK YOU for not making the preorder bonus retailer-specific (GameStop, I’m looking at you).

+ ToFeY on May 7th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

OMG!!! me wants ;D

+ ItaChu on May 7th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

#36 …. duh cuz thats coming later lol

+ TerraAshura on May 7th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

BRB preordering KH 1.5 HD

+ Apeman24 on May 7th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

YEEEEEEEES DAY ONE! I know what I am getting five days after my 20th birthday, HAPPY BIRTHAY TO ME!

+ djsaiyan on May 7th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

I think you guys just scooped the release date. I haven’t seen anything concrete about a date anywhere else. Good job! =D

Already pre-ordered and paid. And will of course be doing the same for the inevitable 2.5 HD Remix.

+ Apeman24 on May 7th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

And I know this is an HD collection, but is there any chance there will be a collectors edition? I would love that, thanks.

+ poodude on May 7th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Is this a US only pre-order bonus? EB Games and Amazon Canada have no mention of the art book :(.

+ KnifingGrimace on May 7th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Day one purchase for me, if only to also receive the pre-order bonus. Kingdom Hearts is still a fantastic game and I have been waiting for this for a while.

As a representative of Square-Enix, I hope you will also let the company know about how much we would like to see the PSP versions of Final Fantasy I & II, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep added to the Playstation Store. These games are all in high demand- then again, pretty much all Square-Enix PSP games are, right? Please let them know!

+ TJF588 on May 7th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

On one hand, glad I put in for this and X/X-2 (+LAST MISSION?!) with Amazon (with a few bucks off!), but on the other: changing the camera from shoulders to the right stick. Honestly, never liked that move. In a game about mashing X (and come KHII, mashing X with Triangular QTEs), moving your finger from that position feels suicidal. If I had some need to look up in the heat of battle, lock-on was likely in effect, so leaving a couple fingers to swing the camera was really intuitive.

And this button remapping… Do you mean X to Circle? That’d be sure to through Western fans off. Are there any menu options for manual button remapping? If that’s not a standard feature come PS4, I’d be rustled (especially if I had a physical disability).

+ GintokiSsan on May 7th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Why does everywhere else say December 31st 2013 release? Guess they haven’t updated it?

+ TJF588 on May 7th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

I’d like to echo @69 KnifingGrimace, though with less hyphens. Even if BbS’s FM gets the HD treatment, that hasn’t seen Peace Walker or the Ready at Dawn GoWs pulled.

+ Hayterfan on May 7th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Damn and I just got my japanese copy last week, eh ill buy it again.
One quick question though will the controls be swapped back to the style found in most Western versions of KH by which I mean “X Attacks and “O” Jumps?

+ Elranzer on May 7th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

I’m already rushing away the summer for this.

I hope the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix also includes FINAL MIX content, though that’s gonna require a lot more new voice acting than the first FINAL MIX added.

+ exstethica on May 7th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Does this pre-order bonus also apply in Amazon Canada?? Or just U.S.?

+ Dpen00 on May 7th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Lot of people asking about possible Vita support, but it seems those questions are being avoided or skipped. Just put us out of our misery already. No answer is worst than knowing its not coming at all or not planned for the future.

+ TerraAshura on May 7th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

@71 Pretty much, especially since this is the first time the official release date has been announced. I’d give it a few days for them to change it.

+ Incubuster on May 7th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Very excited for this, can’t wait to play the game that started it all again with all the new bells and whistles!

Question: Is the limited edition artbook going to be fullsize or of the miniature variety?

+ hazelwu on May 7th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Questions:

1. How many pages is the artbook.
2. Is it a strategy guide sized book or a PS3 game-box size book?

Thanks.

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mathew Kishimoto on May 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

24 pages. It will be approximately the size of a PS3 case.

+ Noctis_HD on May 7th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Just to make sure, the pre-order bonus is also available in Canada, right?

+ TetsuoTen on May 7th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

For those asking how many pages the art book will have.

On a side note I look forward to playing these again.
I 100% KH1 on the PS2 back in the day and I amped to
do it again now with trophy support.

Also, I know it is silly but I really hope some KH avatars
are added to the store. I would love to show my KH love to others.

+ USRevenge2 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I never played kingdom hearts but I heard it’s good, I just hope it isn’t over rated like many of the other games people seem to be in love with, I’l probably get it. so this is only kingdom hearts 1? what else does it have? other than movies/ extra stuff, interested in what games it comes with only >.<

+ geassuser87 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

PS4 is on the horizon and yet the only Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 is a remake.

+ GintokiSsan on May 7th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

i have no idea what happened but i just ordered straight on AMazon for this game..i had a $5 giftcard the price came out to be $16 and change after taxes..it said there was some extra $20 promotion applied…im super happy and now just waiting for the game to come

+ BlindMango on May 7th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Hey Matthew, how do the trophies work with this game, when you put the disc in does it load all three trophy lists from all the games right there or does it load the trophy list for only the games you choose to launch yourself? I really, really don’t want to put this disc in and have three trophy lists load up at 0%, especially for one game I don’t intend to play (Chain of Memories).

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mathew Kishimoto on May 7th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

There will be one trophy list that includes trophy levels for all three games.

+ Slash789 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

I just preordered! =) I’m looking forward to playing these games again!

+ Kurusichiano on May 7th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Its about time, been waititng for this for a long time know

+ Mokoho on May 7th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

Just… Just… JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

+ CerealxKiller13 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

pre-ordered! Hope I’m one of the lucky few to receive an artbook.

+ tusunami on May 7th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Never played the trilogy but yet it looks interesting, just might try this out!!!!!!!!!

+ Jack_Tamaki on May 7th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Cool :) I reserved my copy months ago at Gamestop. September can’t get here any sooner.

+ fsavoie on May 7th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

No 3d compatible?

+ Nazotchi on May 7th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

I think the way you’re talking about how much content this art book contains is a little misleading, if it only has 24 pages. That’s a disappointingly low number.

Still, I guess I can’t complain since it’s a free add-on and I was going to buy the game on release day anyway.

+ mariogash on May 7th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Thank you, I was doubting preorder bonuses nowadays due to all of the unnecessary DLC. I already preordered this a while ago, and I declare that I shall get all of the trophies! I am excited to finally fight Xemnas in Final Mix.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on May 7th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

This game is for kids Not for m3 :) zZ

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on May 7th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

fallout 3 + PSN = fun

+ TheExiled12894 on May 7th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

Well, that just gave me a reason to pre-order.

+ OMEGA_MEXICAN on May 7th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Sora should be in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale!

+ IzoGray on May 7th, 2013 at 1:56 pm said:

Pls respond

Why have you guys at Square Enix never put up Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on PSN? They’re both PSP titles. You have a ton of other Square Enix titles on the PSN so put those up and make them Vita compatible.

Money doesn’t talk?

+ Gamerzlimited on May 7th, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

After seeing this, now I don’t even know whether I should get this or the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. I don’t have the Kingdom Hearts games on PS2 anymore, but I do have Final Fantasy X. Unless FFX HD Remaster gets a pre-order bonus as well, there’s no reason for me to sell the PS2 version and would rather pick up the Kingdom Hearts one instead.