PS4 - Transistor

The Sounds of Soul Sacrifice: Get the Soundtrack on PSN Today

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on May 07, 2013 // Producer, SCEA

Soul Sacrifice Soundtrack

Hi, everyone! We hope you are all enjoying Soul Sacrifice!

We’ve been talking about the music of Soul Sacrifice for quite a while. Many of you have asked if the soundtrack will be available for purchase. Good news: the Soul Sacrifice Original Soundtrack will be available exclusively on the PlayStation 3 PSN Store today! The album boasts 32 masterfully composed and orchestrated tracks, and will be available for $9.99.

Fantasy becomes reality in the soundtrack to Soul Sacrifice! World-renowned composers Yasunori Mitsuda and Wataru Hokoyama bring this legendary score to life with 32 riveting musical compositions. Recorded at the state of the art Skywalker Sound, this soundtrack also features a myriad of world class instrumentalists comprised of a 94-piece orchestra and 25-voice choir, making history as one of the largest recording sessions ever for a video game. Check out the full-length behind the scenes video at the top of this post to see how the music of Soul Sacrifice came together.

Comments from Inafune-san:
“The music was created by the two accomplished composers who are capable of putting together wonderful pieces, so I was very hands off; I barely made any requests. However, it was important that they understood what we were trying to accomplish, so we provided as many details about the artwork, storyline, images, and concept so that they could put together something amazing and fit the game. I have no complaints about what they created. The end product is just amazing, and I feel like I have never come across anything so amazing in the past. I am very grateful for their work.”

Note from the Soul Sacrifice team: Soul Sacrifice players: Thank you for supporting the game! While most are enjoying the game without issue, we’ve had a few people get in touch with us regarding issues redeeming the game’s Online Pass and/or accessing bonus launch content. We apologize for any frustration caused!

In order to get to the bottom of these issues as quickly as possible, we’ve created a detailed walkthrough (with screens) on the official PlayStation community forums to help address what some folks are encountering.

+ liammill18 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

SOLD!

+ shuaDove on May 7th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Buying this today! I thought the music and soundtrack added to Soul Sacrifice’s dark, depressing world flawlessly. I wish more games would have this option available.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on May 7th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

Thank you for your kind comment. Enjoy both soundtrack and the game!

+ geassuser87 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I spent too much time playing this game with my friends that the BGM of this game is our voices screaming at each other.

Best BGM ever.

+ Gorvi on May 7th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

I’ll very likely pick this up at some point down the line, I’m a sucker for anything by Mitsuda. Question, though: what format is the music in when I download it? Can I easily move it over to my phone to listen to or can I only listen to it on my PS3 or Vita?

+ hew789 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

only dorks buy game sound tracks

+ DirjelJunshin on May 7th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

This is purchase is a no-brainer.

Also, #5: You realize you are commenting on the official PlayStation Blog, right? You are a GIANT dork.

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 7th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Nice! Loving Soul Sacrifice by the way, it is definitely be one of favorite vita games period. But I also wonder, if I buy this can I transfer the songs over to my vita?

+ Tas_man001 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

#4 From what I’ve experienced with soundtracks available on PSN is you get a “game” file that will install the soundtrack, with album artwork and information as MP3s on your Xross Media Bar once you’ve run the program.

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 7th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

I thought we got the soundtrack from preordering? Can I still buy it on PSN now and get the bonuses?

+ OneMoreVillain on May 7th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Are all 32 tracks on the CD directs rips from the software or do we get a few remixed versions?

What is the total elapsed time on the soundtrack?

+ Tjoeb123 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Hehe, EPIC WIN. My favorite track (so far) is the one that plays when you complete a Phantom Quest.

@7 Yes. However, you’ll need to download it via your PS3.

@8 After that, @4 will need to move the files to storage media, then to his PC to copy them to his phone. (Unless it’s a Sony Ericsson?)

+ Christian399 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Awesome game! Incredible music too. Can’t wait for the sequel.

+ Neil on May 7th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Best PS Blog Post of the year!

+ vanwinkle on May 7th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Exclusively on the PS3 store…yeah….that makes sense.

+ SNORLAXex on May 7th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Even though I have a lot of sources for video game OSTs, I appreciate more of them being on the store.

+ elpsydominator on May 7th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

I dont have a ps3 but a vita, its unfair to offer the ost of a vita game only in the ps3 store…

+ GGod0 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Thanks for making exclusive to the PS3 store, us Vita only owners DEFINITELY don’t want to be able to buy, download, and listen to this AT ALL.

Don’t see why none of the game soundtracks can be downloaded on the Vita considering it HAS AN APP SPECIFICALLY FOR MUSIC.

+ Wolfdre on May 7th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Guys what in the world was the necessary prerequisite for obtaining the ‘Spirits Falcon Feather’ from the mass email that went out last week?

I pre-ordered the game and put almost 30 hours into the demo but was one of the few people that were passed over when it came to the vouchers. why?

I love this game but honestly knowing that i cant earn that item is tarnishing my experience. Aside from throwing my monies at you and showing interest in your product what more could i have done?

Incessant whining isn’t my thing but just putting it out there that it did interfere with my enjoyment of the product launch. Time was spent surfing Google looking for answer’s as to why some of us were deemed unworthy when i simply could’ve played hassle free.

….or was mine “sacrificed” for the benefit of others? either way thanks for looking out for your fans..

+ lisatsunami on May 7th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Yup, getting this.
And, btw, @5: giant xbot troll detector alarm…….

+ TJF588 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Wait, Mitsuda? Like, Xeno-stuff and C-C-C-Ch-ro-no To-rig-gah?! *purrs*

+ TJF588 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Also: Lol, Vita soundtrack, exclusively on PS3.

+ RE_Player on May 7th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Gravity Daze held the title for my favourite Vita soundtrack before but Soul Sacrifice trumps it and has become one of my favourite soundtracks of all time. Can’t wait until the store updates because this will be an instant buy.

+ GGod0 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

@18

You aren’t missing much, a 2 star bronze feather is better than the spirits’ feather.

+ tusunami on May 7th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Yes couldn’t be more happier with this game it’s excellent. This is the top tier quality of games that the PS Vita needs more of.The soundtrack i’m sure is awesome!!!!!!!!!

+ hyechan1028 on May 7th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

woohoo time to buy the sound track. will there be a hard copy of it available to order?

+ KazeEternal on May 7th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

YAY I can finally stop using this pirated version. 10 is a good price. Hurry and update the store please! I was impressed that the soundtrack was as good as it was when I started playing it. While I don’t care for the voice acting very much at least the music is a very pleasant and emotionally guiding experience. I think it picks up where the rest of the game story wise fails.

+ Wolfdre on May 7th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

@23 thanks for the heads up but it really dosnt matter what the effects are.

I preordered the game with the notion that i was receiving the preorder goods – covered
A week earlier they indicated that, “playing the demo would be the only way to unlock the 4th” – covered
(not only covered but i ended up dropping 100$ on a 32gb mem stick because my 4gb simply didnt have enough space on it)

Then the day of release i find out that i still dont have all the goods and have no chance of it. Really a giant kick to the face for anyone who has ever been a “completionist”.

This is enough to make me wary of preordering another title from this developer.
I paid for software. Not incomplete software that will never be complete because of something as trivial as an email voucher.

The game is great but the business practice driving is is a load of nonsense, like i said before im never on here whining but its been quite some time since ive felt a burn from picking up a preorder. The lack of voucher sent my way certainly drove home the, “\we dont care about our supporting customers” vibe. bottom line.

+ TheExiled12894 on May 7th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Yes, I will be happily buying this. The music is amazing to say the least.

We want more Vita OSTs Sony! Give us the Gravity Rush OST!

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 7th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

@Wolfdre I think it may have been one of those randomly sent out emails (random as in to no particular type of person), kinda like that $10 loyalty thing playstation sent out a couple months back.

+ sainrub on May 7th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Thank you very much for all your hard work on the soundtrack to Soul Sacrifice. I find the harmony in the track “A sigh of Relief ” so very inspirational.

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 7th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

@Tjoeb123 Thanks!

+ ShuaReborn on May 7th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Yep take my money! Reason one the game is great so is the music. Reason two I want the Soul Sacrifice team to see success for making a quality Vita experience that and also (Hopefully) get more people interested in developing for the Vita.

+ Tjoeb123 on May 7th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

@17 You do know how most PSN soundtracks are delivered, right? After you buy it, you download a .PKG file, and it installs like any other download. Then, you run the application, and it extracts the files to Music, which you then can listen to it or do whatever.

@31 Anytime.

+ Argento_Scudo on May 7th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

This just brightened my day. Store likely won’t update in time for me to get this before I head to class, but oh well. Can’t wait to listen to “A Certain Magician’s Life” all day tomorrow. The theme that plays while browsing the journal/portraiture.

+ corey2678 on May 7th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

There is no soundtrack on PSN right now. The soundtrack was also not included in the Store Update for today… Just an FYI. I was kind of disappointed to find that out, as this game has amazing music.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on May 10th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Hi there. Looks like the search filter wasn’t working on Day 1. Sorry about that. It should appear in search results by now. Please try!

+ GGod0 on May 7th, 2013 at 5:34 pm said:

@33 Yes I know, I have the PixelJunk Monsters and Shooter soundtrack and the Red Soundtrack from inFAMOUS 2.

Doesn’t make it any less irritating that a PS3 is the only way to download them, since mine is no longer among the living.

+ SquidTheSid on May 7th, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

Is the music DRM free? If it is, I’m buying it, as the songs are beautiful.

+ PrimeroIncognito on May 7th, 2013 at 8:16 pm said:

@ hew789

Some people think that only dorks buy video games, too. We usually ignore people like that.

‘Cause they don’t get it.

+ DarkOne_PR on May 7th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

Kumi Im loving Soul Sacrifice! Day one buyer here! But im very MAd at the game not having in game voice chat! WTF with that? Patch pls!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on May 10th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Hi there. Glad you’re enjoying the game. You can do voice chat via PARTY. Please try!

+ avluis on May 7th, 2013 at 10:22 pm said:

@39 Are you telling me Party Chat does not work when you play online with this game? Or you mean when you try to chat with someone you are playing with that is not on your friend list?

+ thekingofreyes3 on May 7th, 2013 at 11:01 pm said:

Buying now!

+ Forgetfulhearer on May 8th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

Definitely getting this!

+ brawlbull on May 8th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

@ 27
When they were doing the buy $50 get $10 promotion I didn’t get the email, called a representative and they told me to check my spam and surely there it was. I received the falcon tether email as well and I read when the were sending the $10 voucher it might have something to do with your trophy level. I’m mid 10.

+ Forgetfulhearer on May 8th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Wait, I don’t see it anywhere in the store. Did I miss something?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on May 10th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Hi there. It should appear in the search results. Please try!

+ supernick532 on May 9th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

this game is cool but i pre order from amazon and they dont want to give me my code does any one know if they are going to release the bonus pack. because i feel lest out

+ PrinceofXIII on May 11th, 2013 at 10:53 pm said: