GTAV PS4

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PS4: Conversations with Creators

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on May 09, 2013 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

We’re always trying to push the envelope with the Assassin’s Creed series, but with Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, we have new, advanced technology to help us accomplish our lofty goals.

PlayStation 4 is enabling our teams to deliver more graphical detail, a new dimension of social connection and the kind of seamless gaming experience we’ve always dreamed of offering. Join Creative Director Jean Guesdon and Associate Producer Sylvain Trottier as they discuss advancements we’ve been able to harness for AC4 on PS4.

It’s a new generation of gaming on PlayStation 4, and the AC4 team is dedicated to pushing these new boundaries beyond anything fans have seen before!

Join us under the Black Flag of Assassin’s Creed IV!

30 Comments

+ gerneric123 on May 9th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

Can we expect another Liberation-esque spinoff for Vita this year or in the near future?

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 9th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Will be buying on PS4 along with Watch Dogs. Companion gaming is cool and all but I’m waiting for a new AC Vita game this year. One with good frame-rate this time hopefully.

+ GhostMachine1 on May 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

AC1: glitched on my PS3. Liberation: glitched on my vita. AC games hate my systems. Hopefully this will work fine on my PS4.
PS Black Flag reminds me of the awesome band.

+ Airwalkinman17 on May 9th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

…Ok. Here goes.
I LOVED ACII.
Its been down hill quick since then for me.
I guess it mostly comes down to how automated the gameplay is.
Literally, everything is done for you.
You only have to move or hold a button, and that’s it!
Running, climbing, jumping, ducking, taking cover, etc.
I Don’t Like That At All!!!
Please. I would love to get back into this series, but don’t make it so “noob” friendly.

Pretty Please?

+ boomstickbhg on May 9th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

This will be on PS3 right? I have no interest in (what so far looks like) a social media machine that happens to play games (PS4) but I would like to play this.

+ SNORLAXex on May 9th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

I can’t wait to see what kind of intuitive platforming can be achieved, with the new hardware.
I wonder how realistic it can actually get…

+ RenderMonk on May 9th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Developer from Ubisoft called the PS4 “the perfect jewel” (in regards to how completely perfect a machine it is to develop awesome games on)

+ Korbei83 on May 9th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

60+Frames per second or bust.

Performance is going to be one of the biggest things I’ll be paying close attention to with the launch of new platforms. So do it right, please.

+ NYPUNK88 on May 9th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

*runs around in circles yelling* OMG OMG OMG :D

@Korbei83

60FPS is very important but I totally understand if they couldn’t get this done this time since they’re still developing for current gen hardware.

+ GeoDarky on May 9th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

going to get this for PS4 to explore the new experience embedded on it

+ Farmer-Willis on May 9th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

I think the graphics look the same as the PS3 version. I was more impressed with Killzone Shadows Fall personally.

+ snakeeyes211 on May 9th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

I can’t wait to be able to preorder my PS4 and to have it at home
Highlight of the year ;-)
I am PS4!

+ ShadowDoGGG on May 9th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Yeah your doing very well firing the creator of assassin’s creed. Well I am bored of your little IP and I hope others begin to see how it has lost its love. Oh yes, hopefully he wins big on his lawsuit.

+ trake12 on May 9th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

i would give sony 100$ more for whatever the ps4 price will be if they would just give me a damn preorder date im sad cant wait i want a ps4 so bad

+ Kchow23 on May 9th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

I would like to see a AC game built from the ground up for PS4, hopefully there is enough of a difference in the PS4 version.

+ lisatsunami on May 9th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Ya, even I’m getting AC fatigue, and I have literally every AC game, including the portables. But, if I do get this, it will be for PS4.

+ YungShep on May 9th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

i really want to believe theres a significant differences between the ps3 and ps4 version, but ill wait until i see a side by side glimpse

+ Heavenly_king on May 9th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Nice to see developers praising the console. Still, I dont like AC games, but I will but Watching dogs :D for the PS4.

+ Dpen00 on May 9th, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

All I want is some Vita love. New AC for PS Vita (one without so many bugs and better support) or AC4 remote play.

+ Biggz124 on May 9th, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

AC4 spinoff for Vita, Ubisoft!

+ Guimace on May 9th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

Can’t wait for PS4. Hopefully it releases October so we only have 6 more months of this painful wait!

+ Pikmologist on May 9th, 2013 at 8:15 pm said:

I don’t care what they say, unless they prove it’s not just a port I’m not sold on getting a PS4 right away.

+ D-Squad3 on May 10th, 2013 at 1:29 am said:

Is that PS4 footage? If not, why show PS3 footage for a PS4 video?

+ Elvick_ on May 10th, 2013 at 4:51 am said:

@5: That’s ignorant and makes no sense to boot.

+ Avalanche on May 10th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Doesnt look great. i really hope this isnt a trend. they are gonna make games for the PS3 AND PS4 with a very very small noticeable difference. and thats gonna go on for the first year of the “Next Gen Launch”

+ SAMUEL-SKY on May 10th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

@24 “Elvick_”

boomstickbhg got good point! sorry you are the only ignorant on here.

+ KrisButtar on May 11th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

I am Buying a PS4 for this Game, everything else is just a bonus. I didn’t like Connor as a character but I did like the story and the gameplay elements, running on trees was awesome and I liked how the climbing was, being able to climb rocks and such. I have owned every AC game on the Vita and PS3 and plan on pre ordering this once I can for the PS4. keep them coming

+ N8_FACT0R on May 11th, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

hi

+ drunk_vader on May 12th, 2013 at 2:32 am said:

If it indeed looks and plays better, then I will be picking it up for the PS4.

+ Shinigami_Death_ on May 13th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

this is great news… good to see tht devs are really getting behind the system. and tht the game was made for it. keep up the terrific job.