Driveclub

Muramasa Rebirth: Seek the Demon Blade on PS Vita

Frank + Posted by Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on May 09, 2013 // Director of Production, Aksys Games

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita: Momohime

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

Muramasa Rebirth, the action-packed RPG from the developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade brings the beautiful imagination and art of George Kamitani, creator of Muramasa, to life on PS Vita! In this exclusive trailer, brought first to PlayStation.Blog, we’re showing off the main characters — Momohime and Kisuke — as well as some sweet Demon Blade action!

In the world of Muramasa Rebirth, the princess Momohime is possessed by an antagonistic spirit, who desires his lost legendary Demon Blade and the power it holds. In her captive state, Momohime travels West in order to accomplish the spirit’s goals. With the power of the Demon Blades at her disposal, and the spirit’s sword wielding prowess, demons and gods alike will experience her wrath.

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita: Kisuke

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

Kisuke, the amnesiac fugitive ninja, finds himself on the run for a crime he has no memory of as he travels East. During a mission for his former lord, he comes across his target, a beautiful woman, who immediately recognizes him. Will Kisuke remember this beauty from his past and survive the onslaught of his pursuers? Only the gods can say.

Both Momohime and Kisuke’s search for the 108 Demon Blades will take them on a perilous journey filled with all kinds of ravenous monsters and deadly enemies. Each Demon Blade is equipped with a secret art that turns Momohime and Kisuke, already deadly with a sword, into unmatched masters of the blade. In this trailer, we show off just some of those blades and their awesome abilities.

This trailer is just the tip of the iceberg in Muramasa Rebirth. Stay tuned for more trailers, as well as footage for the impending four-scenario DLC release, with four new characters and new stages!

PAGE 1 2

+ LURKING_WOLF on May 9th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

when we’ll get a Anime vita App i want to watch anime on the go the store doesnt have what i like
only a little i want a free vita app that lets you watch millions of old and new anime shows still airing as well
for free including a manga app that lets you read manga free even PSP had comics please make en app

+ Etertore on May 9th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Any chance we could get this game on the PS Store Brazil? Please! :)

+ clupula668 on May 9th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

This looks wonderful. It’s a shame that it’s on the Vita and not PS3. I would LOVE to play this on a big screen.

It makes me sad that, at the very least, this isn’t getting the Dragon’s Crown treatment and being released for both systems.

+ JaShatta1 on May 9th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

i hope i wont be disappointed, the Vita needs soft wares

+ Ampersat on May 9th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:

If I owned a Vita, this would be hands-down a first day purchase for me. The original is my all-time favorite Wii game.

However unlikely it may be, I have my fingers crossed for a PS3 version.

+ Souledge94 on May 9th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

Thanks for giving me a nice case for my vita since there is really none around. I will be getting the LE version. Just wondering you guys didint add ENG voice overs right? I would have really liked if you did but if you didint oh wells im sad but ill still get it.

+ Nimbil on May 9th, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

OMG, cannot come soon enough! :)

+ aelurio1980 on May 10th, 2013 at 3:06 am said:

Amazing game. I’m pre-ordering

+ Alley_Viper on May 10th, 2013 at 4:12 am said:

Any chance of releasing a European version ?

+ avluis on May 10th, 2013 at 4:50 am said:

This is one day after my birthday. Needless to say that I already have it preordered but I’ll call gamestop and have them upgrade me to the collector’s edition.
MUST.GET>THIS<GEM!~

+ majesticbeastt on May 10th, 2013 at 5:06 am said:

Is there any chance of this coming to Europe? Dont want to import because of DLC.

+ Klart on May 10th, 2013 at 5:48 am said:

We want this in Europe too! Just as well as Drgaon’s Crown!

+ Alucard-XII on May 10th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

I would like to add my voice for having a PS3 port.

This is completely off-topic, but I would like to request to have the new Nekketsu / Kunio Kun games localized in English. It would be a shame to miss on all the goodness that has been released recently on a region-locked platform in Japan only.

+ Old_PopTarts on May 10th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

I usually don’t go after RPG’s, but thanks to Soul Sacrifice I am ALL over them now. You can thank Keiji Inafune and komcept for the day one purchase!!! ^_^

+ Rukia on May 10th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

I had the collectors edition on pre-order before Amazon renamed it

+ BlaqMagiq24 on May 10th, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

I got hooked on this game the moment I saw the trailer. And the nostalgia in me is lovin this 2D style. I’m definitely gonna preorder this. Probably getting the collector’s edition.

+ inesbrasil on May 10th, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

If there’s a PS3 release someday, I’ll be sure to get it!

+ pandakids09 on May 10th, 2013 at 10:48 pm said:

Awesome finally i can pre-order Blessing of Amitabha Collector’s Edition at gamestop! Well there goes this weeks pay check lol =D

+ PrinceofXIII on May 10th, 2013 at 11:49 pm said:

already pre ordered Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector’s Edition as soon as it was announcd.

btw this is dual audio or just japanese audio just like the original Wii right?

can’t wait for this ^^

+ JonJonXD on May 11th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

I pre-ordered the collector’s edition from Amazon.

I really can’t wait for this.

Finally, a solid influx of Vita games!

With this, Dragon’s Crown, and Soul Sacrifice…I’m having a hard time finding time on my other systems haha!

+ NV_KHRIS on May 11th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

I cant wait to play this game. I missed it on the Wii so this is a must have for me. :)

+ Evil_Vladimyr on May 11th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

This looks beautiful. I’m really looking forward to this one.

+ Shadow_Raskolnik on May 11th, 2013 at 8:18 pm said:

Looking forward to this, it will be the perfect game to play in anticipation for more Vanillaware (Dragon’s Crown). I have a question though, will there be English audio in this game unlike the last version?

+ RustyTachikoma on May 12th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Will Aksys be publishing this in Europe?

+ WiivolutionNow on May 26th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Will this game get a “Day One Digital” release or a release on PSN at all?

+ ATHANASSIUS on May 28th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Holy Moly, can’t wait to play this jaw dropping goodness.

+ Neko_Otaku_Guy on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:39 am said:

EU wants some love..

Dont leave us out of this awesomeness..

PAGE 1 2