PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery Camps Out on PS Vita Today

Nick Davies's Avatar + Posted by Nick Davies on May 14, 2013 // Founder, Lucid Games

Today we’re launching Episode 1 of Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS Vita for just $2.99, bringing the quirky adventures of title character Jacob in the most memorable summer of his life at Camp Eagle Feather.

Eagle Feather’s counselors aren’t the sensible, parental figures you’d want supervising a camp filled with unruly kids. In fact, the counselors have developed a suspicious fixation, making sure every camper is well fed… extremely well fed.

Let’s meet some of the characters you’ll run into along the way:

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS VitaJacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS Vita

Mr. Grimmel, head of Physical Education – For someone who appears to have a pathological hatred for kids, working at a summer camp doesn’t exactly seem like the perfect career choice for Mr. Grimmel. Cross him at your own peril…

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS Vita
Mr. Thagorous, head of Science – What’s going on inside the science lab at Camp Eagle Feather? It all seems a little more dangerous than your typical school chemistry lab.

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS Vita
Mr. Hans, Groundsman – He seems friendly enough but he’s obsessed with the gophers digging up his well-maintained grounds, so obsessed in fact, he’s taking drastic measures to get rid of them.

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS Vita
Mae Cook, Lunch Lady – Mae takes the camp motto ‘Feeding the Future’ to extremes. No matter what time of day, there’s always mountains of food coming out of her kitchen, but surely kids are sent to Summer Camp to get some fresh air and exercise, not pig out every day?

After coping with the counselors, you’ve got a bunch of unruly camp mates to meet, a Bigfoot to befriend, and a host of forest creatures to help you along the way.

So, how will you investigate the intriguing events at Eagle Feather? With an inquisitive mind, of course! Throughout your adventure you’ll be presented with all manner of puzzles to help you progress at summer camp. From logic, lateral thinking, math and observation, you’ll be able to solve all of the puzzles interactively using the touchscreen of your PS Vita.

Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery on PS Vita

With a sharp mind you’ll be able to work it all out, but we’ve made sure there’s plenty of helpful hints and tricks that you’ll find by exploring the camp. Stay tuned for more tips from the developer to help you navigate your way through the world of Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery.

Launching at $2.99, this first episode of Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery is not to be missed! Think you’ve got what it takes to tackle Camp Eagle Feather’s tricky puzzles and predicaments? Prove it!

48 Comments

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on May 14th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

This game look very good! I would buy this game if it was 20 dollars.

+ four24twenty on May 14th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

Seems like a good day to be a Vita owner….

+ winterdust on May 14th, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

Looks fun. I really like the art style here.

A few questions: how many episodes are there in total? And, will there be an option to buy all of them upfront for a discounted price? As for the puzzles / gameplay, does your character have an inventory, or are all the puzzles self-contained?

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on May 14th, 2013 at 6:13 am said:

Looks like i’ll be CAMPING on my Vita to buy JJ (for short) & the Bigfoot Mystery later on. Love the price tag very much!

+ bldudas on May 14th, 2013 at 6:14 am said:

Looks interesting.

+ Elvick_ on May 14th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

And here I would have bought it for $10-15.

Amazing! Definite buy. Thanks for supporting the PS Vita!

Oh, and I would love a 3D platformer with this art design. So, any potential developer reading this out there… do it. We get so few 3D platformers. ):

+ Belkan2087 on May 14th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

This is a comic book style?, like the walking dead game?.

+ bobbydharrell on May 14th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

AT $2.99 .. SOLD, NOW HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT!!!!

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on May 14th, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

A new trailer for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-QWJCDT6utE

+ Yanshux on May 14th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

Looks interesting! Gotta buy it!

+ FearlessSasuke on May 14th, 2013 at 7:02 am said:

They have no fingers, THEY HAVE NO FINGERS, HOW DO THEY HOLD THINGS!?!?!?

Art style looks good and at $2.99 it looks like an easy buy.

+ Behonkiss on May 14th, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

As a big fan of games like Professor Layton and Puzzle Agent, this looks right up my alley. I’ll be checking it out for sure!

+ TXCScorpion on May 14th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

What, no discount for PS+????

Just kidding. For $2.99 consider my money yours.

+ xClayMeow on May 14th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

How many episodes are planned?

Any chance of a “Season Pass”?

About how long is each episode, or at least the first?

Any demo planned? Or what about Episode 1 being free on PS+?

Are adults going to enjoy this or is it geared toward kids?

+ Lexaus1222 on May 14th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

I agree with @3. Will there be a Season Pass of sorts for this and any upcoming episodes that are added? Would be nice to purchase the game for one price right from the beginning.

Otherwise this looks very interesting. I enjoy puzzle games like this and for being at a low price for episode 1 doesn’t hurt either. Can’t wait until the Store updates tonight!

+ duke301 on May 14th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

@1, don’t give them any ideas! You start suggesting higher prices, they might just oblige you come future episodes. If this is as good a game as it looks, then at $2.99 we’re sure to get our money’s worth! At the same time, however, if it turns out to be a stinker, then we also don’t lose all that much. In other words, I tend to look at the $2.99 price as a blessing.

+ Gorvi on May 14th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

Wow, $2.99? I’ll certainly give it a shot for that. How many episodes are planned?

+ PWNGEoftheGODS on May 14th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

I’m definitely up for more Vita content. Here’s to hoping for Infamous Vita at E3.

+ coldkilla_255 on May 14th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I guess this is the closest we’ll get to a psychonauts 2!

+ guitarded77 on May 14th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

Well, that escalated quickly.

+ Dpen00 on May 14th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

I didn’t get the Walking Dead until all the episodes were released, don’t think I’ll be buying this one either until then. There is no mention of how many episodes this game will comprise, the frequency of each episode release or a total retail cost for all. Not to mention a trailer that barely gives any insight. I can’t be sure if this is something I would like even at the $2.99 price. Is this game all cutscenes and then some puzzle solving or is it free roam? It’s cheap and looks cute and all but I don’t think that’s enough. There is just too much mystery behind JJ and the Bigfoot Mystery. I guess YouTube will unveil its mysteries with more gameplay footage.

+ NYPUNK88 on May 14th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Been waiting for this game and for 2.99 price point…pfft already bought! :D

+ poodude on May 14th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Can’t wait to play it! Hope there’s a nice, shiny platinum trophy at the end of all the episodes – a la The Walking Dead.

+ Ryumoau on May 14th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

The game’s art design is really charming. I wish the trailer was abit more detailed though, i’m still kinda unsure what this game is about. But at $2.99, i might as well get it.

Just hope the puzzles aren’t as difficult as you say, since i’m not that great at them. lol

+ DrApollo on May 14th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

I will be getting
this one for sure!

+ DrkrZen on May 14th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Only $2.99? Wow, I would have had this pegged, by the looks of it, as a $9.99 title, at least. I’d definitely get it if I had a PS Vita. Bring it to PSN/PS3!

I love the looks of it. Reminds me a lot of Psychonauts.

+ polo155 on May 14th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

great job Lucid, can’t wait to get this later.

+ Zionine on May 14th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Already downloading! :)
I hope it’s not a glitch… that I was able to download it via the web browser PSN portal..
even so.. :) Exciting!

+ TMAZT3R on May 14th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

2.99! I read it earlier and thought it said 29.99, and would have never bought it. Now you have my attention, I will be buying the first episode with excitement.

+ billyok on May 14th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

PSMobile continues to be the unsung hero of the Vita library. Gems all over the store, and this looks like another one.

+ Elvick_ on May 14th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

@29: It isn’t a PS Mobile game.

+ GhostMachine1 on May 14th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

It reminds me of Psychonauts. %100 buy for me. :)

+ RewVitalize on May 14th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Looks like it could be funny. I’m intrigued. Might pick it up if I have the spare cash.

+ avluis on May 14th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Thanks! Bought!! now, don’t give it away to PS+ members ( I am one of them) for at least a month or two!!

+ NYPUNK88 on May 14th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

Play some of it today and I’m loving it so far thank you so much for making an awesome game for my Vita. Congrats Nick and everyone else at Lucid Games, I hope you sell tons of copies. :)

+ Kodax_ShC on May 14th, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

Enjoying it so far. The world and character design is delightful. Puzzles are challenging but not frustrating, However getting some of those trophies adds another level to it. Speaking of which thank you for adding so many trophies! Looking forwards to playing some more later tonight.

+ tusunami on May 14th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

What for this i would buy this for sure, just the pricing is key for sure.

+ tusunami on May 14th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Oh so this is a episodic episodes then, it’s still cool at this price point.

+ REv9k on May 14th, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

Best item of the week! Wonderful art style, non-obnoxious or too cutesy characters, and good puzzles. Keep the episodes coming!

+ whylekat on May 14th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

All touch controls??

+ Elvick_ on May 15th, 2013 at 1:01 am said:

The game is fantastic!

+ Elvick_ on May 15th, 2013 at 1:03 am said:

@40: Yeah, touch only controls. Would have been nice to have buttons to at least confirm dialog.

+ raifpasa on May 15th, 2013 at 2:07 am said:

Its like a crossover between Psychonauts and Professor Layton! Very Nice!

+ aelurio1980 on May 15th, 2013 at 3:56 am said:

I loved the game, puzzles well developed, graphics beautiful and intelligent humor.

+ terrencec06 on May 15th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

now that is a great price point

+ DanielMobile on May 17th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

I bought this game a couple days ago. It’s been good so far. I had to dig in the PS Store to find it though. Wonder why PS Store doesn’t give it more exposure. If you like the Nintendo Layton games. Then this game is for you.

+ Kazriko on May 20th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

I like this one so far. Not quite done yet though.

Only one annoyance in it. There’s no button controls at all. That seems like a huge oversight in the game, especially when the movement is practically screaming out for said controls. the drag-the-whole-screen thing sometimes doesn’t quite do it, and tapping for an empty soda can often pushes you to the next screen instead because movement and collecting is all mapped to the same control.

+ johaannee on May 26th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Very fun and interesting game. Well worth the couple of dollars for sure. I wish the second chapter was available now though since I’m done with the first, but will wait for the next and buy it when available. I definitely recommend this game to everyone. It’s great for the casual gamer who likes puzzles, search and find items, rpg like games, and immersive story lines. Five stars!