PS4 - Destiny

Gran Turismo 6 Unveiled, Out This Holiday on PS3

Penrose Tackie's Avatar + Posted by Penrose Tackie on May 15, 2013 // European Brand Manager

Greetings PlayStation.Blog. Today we’re really excited to announce that Gran Turismo 6 will be released Holiday 2013. The news was revealed today by legendary GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi himself at our Silverstone event held to celebrate 15 years of the 70-million-selling series.

GT6 for PlayStation 3 will see many enhancements, improvements and additions to the game. bringing new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’. Features revealed today include stunning new tracks and cars and an overhauled user interface. There’s also a new engine, which will improve game operation. Meanwhile, we are set for expanded connectivity with other devices, and increased social and community functions.

Gran Turismo 6 on PS3

The cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 — which has now sold over 10 million copies since launching in 2010 — will return in GT6, but notable new additions will bring the car lineup to over 1,200. Players will also be able to customize their rides to a greater extent than ever before.

Amongst the track line-up, the UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available — 19 of them brand new. This already impressive lineup of cars and tracks will be added to by future DLC drops beginning after launch.

Enhancements and improvements also extend to a much-improved course maker function, which will provide several kilometers of gorgeous scenery, including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía. The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game.

Gran Turismo 6 on PS3

Gran Turismo 6 on PS3Gran Turismo 6 on PS3

“It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We’re pleased to deliver GT 6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments.

“I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will only be the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo!”

Further news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events, and on www.gran-turismo.com.

125 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SupaBilly on May 15th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Amazing! Hopefully it’s for PS4 as well

+ attilag78 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Why no Vita love???

+ cool_trainer on May 15th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Dopeness.

+ D-Squad3 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Gonna sell millions.

+ jedicurt on May 15th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Just on PS3? or on PS4 as well? i sure hope so! Also hoping for some interaction with the Vita

+ kilburni86 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Thought for sure we’d see a Vita tie-in announcement today as well. I guess my Vita can continue crying in my drawer for now.

Impressive list of improvements for GT6, though. Excited to see how it looks!

+ Gadirok on May 15th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Yay Gran Turismo 6. Rumors had been going around for awhile. Glad we finally got the official word on it.

+ loakum on May 15th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

Sony is taking NO PRISONERS this year! The PS3 is geting one hell of a send off: “The Last of Us”, “Beyond: Two Souls”, “Grand Turismo 6″, and the Playstation 4! This is truly a great time to be a Sony Playstation gamer!

+ truongtantai on May 15th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

I think it release on PS3 and after that GT6 Advance Edition or something like that on PS4 , hopefully

+ Xcaligamer1 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

for ps4 too i hope. even though I like drive club too

+ AlbertPerK21 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

YAY! Love this series!!! Penrose Tackie, is there any word on if there are plans of releasing a PlayStation 4 version of Gran Turismo 6 this holiday as well?

+ Koimia on May 15th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

All you people crying about no vita announcement… do you not read the article?

“Meanwhile, we are set for expanded connectivity with other devices, and increased social and community functions.”

I’d call that some sort of Vita support.

+ Drencrom on May 15th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Awesome, but what about PS4?

+ dkba27 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Vita version please.

+ polo155 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

well they said for other devices so ill take that as Vita since they talking smart phones too

+ LilRican on May 15th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

will this be like forza? the only thing i liked about forza is that you can make your own designs and share them or buy them. will gt6 have that feature?

+ Plecko on May 15th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

I’m really excited to hear about the new user interface. I was really annoyed by the UI in GT 5, so hopefully this one will be much more improved. I can’t wait to see how this game feels. I hope that if it does come to the PS4 there will be crossplay with PS3. OH man I’m super stoked!

I wonder if we will be able to import cars from GT 5.

Man so many questions that must be answered.

Will there be paint customization this time around??

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 15th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

Spy-station 4 can kiss my a$$

+ Notorious-_-47 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

It must be noted that more info will be released at e3, im guessing that this will include a ps4 launch since ps4 will be out by that time. it is also worth noting that given what we know from ps4, every title for ps4 will be on ps vita. sony is definitely going down the right path.

+ TruRage on May 15th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Those pictures can NOT be on the PS3. I can’t believe that. They must be from PS4. They have to be. IF they are from the PS3, then God Almighty….

+ jonboy_jlf_2004 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Really needs to be on PS4 as well.

+ kk_xie on May 15th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

U know we all expect for vita& ps4 version

+ Beavermonk on May 15th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Of course no Vita love go figure! Sony most of my friend’s don’t even know what a vita is or that it has even been out for a year! How about you spend a little money letting the world know instead of assuming everyone already knows what it is!

GIVE THE FREAKIN VITA SOME LOVE ALREADY!

+ Gadirok on May 15th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Eyes go shut
I dissipate
Into thin air leaving no trace
Distant voice
Not listening
Why don’t you just save your breath?

All of your words feel like a jail
That blocks the sun and makes me stale
Not enough gold in all the world
So why have I surrendered

To your abusive ways
The cracks have opened up to the core
Is there anywhere to go from here now?
Sick with the lies consuming our souls

Give me one reason to take the breath we breathe for granted
Hold it in so long that you forget to say
Give me one reason to remain confined within the fences
Here with you and my soul on display

+ vanwinkle on May 15th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

No Vita. Awesome. Thanks guys. Really appreciate the tremendous support you’ve been giving the handheld.

+ i_like_toast on May 15th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

I really hope for a PS4 version, i’d love to see what PD could do with the new power.

I hope it isn’t being pushed back because sony thinks that silly team racer thingie is going to do anything.

+ semajmarc87 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Awesome! I wish that this was coming to PS Vita too.

+ DNghihepa on May 15th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

I gotta get this game when it comes out

+ snakeeyes211 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

I love my PS3 but if this doesn’t come out for the PS4 and the Vita it’s an epic fail

+ TIER1_ILLINOIS on May 15th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

It is PS3 only. They are working on Gran Turismo 7 for the PS4.

+ JONGREY on May 15th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

VITA LOVE…?
Stay cool folks . Sony listens, and we have all told them that we want it so… Maybe?
This looks amazing cant wait. I’ve had ever GT on day one except for GT1 which I bought in a pawn shop more than a 14 years ago. Thank you again! I’ll be waiting.

+ that-acmilan-guy on May 15th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

The major problem that plagued GT5 was how inconsistent the game when it came to quality. A good example is, despite bragging about 1100 or so cars, over 75% were ughly PS2 models. It looked horrible when seeing a PS3 and PS2 cars next to each other. So, how many PS2 model cars are there in those 1200 mentioned?

+ ZilviaGT on May 15th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

I Really Really hope your sounds have improved .. last one GT5 was so disapointing as far as the engines driving. specially the standard cars.. learn a thing or 2 from Forza.

+ guitarded77 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

CAN’T WAIT!!!

PS4 and GT6 this holiday. My wallet is already cringing.

Please add custom garages to sort our cars easily.
Please make it easier to get to all options, especially custom playlists.
Please allow radio on/off while driving, and next track (song) button.

I’m sure there’s more I’d like to add, but that’s off the top of my head. I spent more time playing GT5 this generation than any other game. GT6 is a great way to send off the PS3. Can’t wait to see what y’all do with the power of the PS4.

+ xClayMeow on May 15th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Really surprised this isn’t for PS4, especially considering all the delays GT5 suffered.

Also surprised no Vita version was announced. I don’t really care for racing games but I know many Vita owners were hoping for something. Maybe a spin-off will be announced? Shrug

+ SlasherXUSA on May 15th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Ofc nothing on Vita again.
Good job dropping the ball on Vita.

+ Darth-Krayt on May 15th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

I was about to come on here and be like “c’mon Mogan, wake up and lets get some GT6 data.” You guys are on it lately! Love it. But not as much as I love Gran Turismo.

I’ve been saying for a LONG time that GT5 while incredible, is a horribly inefficient use os PS3′s power because it was probably th first PS3 game ever in development and it’s engine was closed before the PS3 coding advancements of Uncharted, Killzone and GoW. I bet all the improvements to GT6 are even applied without there even being an install.

Were you guys able to get weather on every track even? I can’t wait to see all the real time particles. Did you hit the grass deformation target GT5 had?

All the cars means NASCAR is back. Can you tell me you’re at least adding Bristol?

Will the Top Gear Test Track still be in?

I just wish we didn’t have to wait.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Will be picking this up for PS3. Probably a Day 1 release. And for people saying this should be on PS4 you’ll have DriveClub so calm down. Besides why miss out on the 70+ million install base by releasing it on PS4 when you know millions that will buy this up? And stop complaining about Sony not caring about the Vita because this isn’t on there. Your games are coming you bunch of whiners.

+ MaDLeX69 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

I hope the drift has been remixed to be really good even if it’s amazing now

+ xClayMeow on May 15th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Thinking about it more, anyone thing no Vita version is planned because they simply can’t fit all that into the lame 4GB launch limit? I guess they could get around that by having cars only downloaded/ installed when you unlock them and/or use them, but that would affect multiplayer if that was planned.

+ BansheeWrath on May 15th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Need one for the Vita!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

SMH…REALLY SONY..WE NEED ANOTHER GT GAME FOR THE PS3..AND NOT THE VITA.THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE AN EPIC FAIL FOR THE VITA…YEA YOU SAY WE CAN PLAY PS4 GAMES ON THE VITA BUT IM SURE IF ITS OUT THE HOUSE YOUR GOING TO NEED WIFI AND ITS GOING TO BE LAGGY..THEREFORE..I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT FEATURE..JUST GIVE US AAA GAMES (GT,GTA,SAINTS ROW,…) AND ALLOW US TO USE IT AS A EXTRA CONTROLLER..ITS THAT SIMPLE!! ALL PS4 NEEDS IS A CROSS CHAT AND ALLO US TO SEE OUR FRIENDS AVATAR..THOSE ARE THE TO HIGHLIGHTS THAT MADE THE XBOX SHINE..MINOR FEATURES THAT SELL MAJOR UNITS!! PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL THIS YEAR PLEASE!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,THE SONY COMPANY AND THE YOUR LOYAL GAMERS!!

+ Mando44646 on May 15th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

okay, WTF Sony. Why are you releasing GT6 and Beyond both in the PS4 launch window when you should be trying to push a new console? It’d be one thing if they were playable on the PS4, but theyre not! Be smarter

+ Darth-Krayt on May 15th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

actually slasher, they said that the game is compatible with portable devices in some way, I’m sure Vita will be included

+ venneer on May 15th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I hope the game is more parts “driving” than “Pokemon car collector” this time around… Honestly, after GT5, I just CAN’T be excited about this. I’ll pick it up someday when it’s cheaper, I really enjoy racing games, but of all racers I have played this gen… GT5 was by far the worst. Game is simply not fun.

+ Welmosca on May 15th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Ha thanks for not making this for PS4….that makes me really glad.Looks like I can still keep my hopes on Sony….btw the screens are looking stunning and hard to believe that is a game…typical of GT.Didn’t expected GT6 to be revealed…thought it would be another kind of thing.

+ DoTheKiller91 on May 15th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

This is a major surprise, im exited and pumped up to see moar!!!

+ hirez-suicide on May 15th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I just hope the fix up the terrible Ai, the cars just snake around one after the other. If you actually stop in the middle of the track they don’t even bother trying to swerve to miss you. They just crash straight in.

I’d like to but this game but as I am getting the PS4 (money down already on drive club and watch dogs) I will wait and see what they do for PS4.

+ dark_angel69 on May 15th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

I’m not really a big racing gamer but I do like having some driving games and love my GT5. Unfortunately I’m only going to buy one driving game for my next racing game and it will be on PS4. Maybe someday in the future would buy the other but will see. But if there is no PS4 version I’ll be buying DriveClub and if it is on PS4 then whichever impresses me the most will get bought.

DriveClub vs GT6.. let the competition begin! Try and dazzle me with your game and tell me why I should get GT6 over DriveClub. Don’t worry your not alone, they will need to do the same thing. :P

+ hirez-suicide on May 15th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

@ number 43. I think it is a smart decision releasing it on the PS3. They have a huge user base. If the PS4 gets of to a slow start, (could happen) releasing it on the PS4 may not sell as many copies. Also its probably not such a big issue to recode it for the PS4 once the user base is large enough.

PAGE 1 2 3