PS4 - Destiny

Grab Killzone: Mercenary a Week Early, Pre-order Bonuses Detailed

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on May 17, 2013 // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Cambridge

With each passing week, we edge closer to the launch of Killzone: Mercenary, the first PlayStation Vita entry in the acclaimed series. Contrary to convention, Mercenary is also edging a bit toward us: we can today confirm a new North American release date of September 10th — a week earlier than our previous target.

Players who pre-order Killzone: Mercenary will receive “Blackjack’s Briefcase,” a reward for their early support that affords them an early edge in both the game’s competitive online multiplayer and extensive Campaign mode. It includes:

Double XP Boost
  • Get out ahead of the pack! Start the 48-hour clock with this special access code and all contracts, bonuses and payoffs earn you twice the normal XP for two straight days!
In-Game Cash Bonus
  • Start the game and go straight to the armory! With this bonus payout, you’ll have enough Vektan Cash to pick up a new weapon before you even step foot on the battlefield.

In addition to the above, fans in the United States who reserve a copy of Killzone: Mercenary at GameStop will receive an exclusive gun for use in both Campaign and Multiplayer action: the M224-A1 Light Machine Gun.

• A powerhouse weapon of the ISA, the M224-A1 carries more than enough ammo to get the job done at the cost of accuracy. Fortunately for a Mercenary, subtlety is not always a mission requirement.

Killzone: Mercenary - M224-A1 Light Machine Gun

We have so much more to talk about and share. Please keep your eyes open for new content and reveals, plus impressions from journalists around the world as more and more people go hands-on and see the latest build of the game in action!

PAGE 1 2

+ nafscub on May 17th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Any chance we could move this up….to say, May 21st? LOL
Can’t wait guys. KZ fan….and my Vita wants more (AAA stuff) !

Also, please don’t pay (too much attention) to the “change the controls” nonsense. Mechanics are a beaut in the series.

+ nicholastank on May 17th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

whaf about people in canada, do we get the preorder bouns too? i llve killzone and would hate to not have one of my favorite guns in the series not avalible to me.

+ TMAZT3R on May 17th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

In the first sentence in your article, I find it quite strange and possibly a clue that you have another game up your sleeve. Maybe it is nothing, but for people who did not catch it here it is:

“With each passing week, we edge closer to the launch of Killzone: Mercenary, <<>>.

Hopefully that means a sequel as well!

+ TMAZT3R on May 17th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

With each passing week, we edge closer to the launch of Killzone: Mercenary, “the first PlayStation Vita entry in the acclaimed series.” Sorry arrows did not work properly.

+ somerandomkrn on May 17th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Is that removal of screen swipes when using melee kills?

If so, then good. It was really (I mean REALLY) obnoxious for Uncharted: GA

+ t_tocs on May 17th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

People always complain about the “weight” of the aiming. That’s the best thing in this series. You’re carrying a gun not a daffodil. Call of Duty games are that way if you prefer the featherweight guns.

+ Welmosca on May 17th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

@ 2 G-Force08 – One must be nuts to give a damn to GTA when there is a KZ game coming out.

@ 6 D-Squad3 – The aiming on KZ2 is bad I agree but KZ3?…what you’re talking about?…the aiming on KZ3 is perfect they improved a lot from KZ2…I really hope that they keep the aiming feel of KZ3.

Anyway great news…I want you guys to take your time to make the game as best as possible but 1 week early is very welcome lol.Cant wait.Day 1 buy.

+ tusunami on May 17th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Thjis is so already pre-order more helghast to wipeout dood!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KazeEternal on May 17th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Please tell me that sniping with Sixaxis controls is back. Drove me absolutely ape S$$T Crazy not having it in Killzone 3 like had in Killzone 2.

+ Kchow23 on May 17th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

Smart of you guys not to compete with GTA V! I hope that this will finally be a great FPS for PS Vita.

+ socom3_2 on May 17th, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

Now i need wait for the prevent to the PS3 or PS4

+ Death_156 on May 17th, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

o.o

+ Staticdash22 on May 17th, 2013 at 6:18 pm said:

Is there a possibility for an open beta? Maybe something for 1 or 2 days perhaps? Idk, it feels like it would be monumental for Guerilla Games to allow this. Not only would fans get a taste of the game, but GG would get valuable feedback about the servers, frame-rate and early glitches/exploits. Those could be ironed out quickly with a patch or two.

+ Elvick_ on May 18th, 2013 at 1:49 am said:

@55: I knew something felt different about this trailer. I hope that’s the case! Because I know for sure that reviewers will trash the game for that. Vita games get rail-roaded by reviews enough without adding forced touch to the equation.

And personally, for this game, it just didn’t look like it added anything. So here’s hoping it is in fact gone and not just removed (visually) for the trailer.

+ neuropunk on May 18th, 2013 at 1:53 am said:

OH great, another generic crappy FPS. Blech!

+ kukiaz2 on May 18th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

how to order? :))

+ sic2291 on May 18th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Are these bonuses for the retail, PSN release, or both?

+ RasecMask on May 18th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

PSN pre-order please! :)

+ BENT-LIFE on May 18th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Dayum… dude got stabbed in the junk!

+ NYPUNK88 on May 18th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

Awesomeness awaits!

+ aori29b on May 18th, 2013 at 11:17 pm said:

I was so proud when I plat killzone 2 first week playing online and I got between the 1% top players of the week without any help, It was soooo nice to see that trophy pop, I felt in love with killzone then. I¨ll get this game for sure, and still need to get trilogy to put it on my Killzone 3 collector´s edition Helghast head

+ ShardYu on May 19th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Digital Pre Order PLEASE! :)

+ Tgebbs on May 19th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

Hear me.. please make a special edition Vita Killzone bundle. You will have at least one sale :P

+ DarkOne_PR on May 19th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

hoping u has fastened the movement of the character….not the movement of the gun.

+ swan-ton-bom on May 21st, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

This Game!!!! Makes me wish I wasn’t broke so I could buy a fu cripplin PS Vita already!!!!! BUT I WANT IT!!!! Dx

+ dilmah_dobson on May 22nd, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Great to hear you are keeping some weight in the controls. I play Killzone for that feeling. I hate playing an FPS and feeling like a gun on a stick.

+ Rata_Morena on May 25th, 2013 at 11:49 pm said:

i really hope this game is good cause the reason i got a vita was for the fps.theres not even one ok fps on vita.

+ RogerWilcoSQ on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Is the preorder bonus available in Canada and if so at what retailers?

PAGE 1 2