PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection Hits PS3 July 9th

Dalton Link's Avatar + Posted by Dalton Link on May 17, 2013 // Social Media Manager, Konami

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for PS3

From the frozen Alaskan tundra to the jungles of Russia, the Metal Gear series has covered nearly every corner of the globe, with a story spanning over 50 years of history and four generations of consoles. And for the first time in series history, every core title will be available in a single box, starting July 9th, 2013 on PS3.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection contains every canon Metal Gear release to grace PlayStation platforms from 1998′s Metal Gear Solid to 2008′s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots to 2011′s Metal Gear Solid HD Collection* — all for $49.99. Perfect for newcomers or collectors looking for rare titles like Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions or the Metal Gear Solid digital graphic novels, this is the most massive Metal Gear release ever created with something for every infiltration expert to enjoy. All of this is included in a lovely new package that includes a 100-page art book containing rare marketing art from around the globe!

Want to start at the beginning of the series? Boot up Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition and play the original (updated) MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Want to jump straight into the story of Big Boss without touching the original PSone and PS2 Classics? (A weird decision, but who am I to judge?) Pop in Ashley Wood’s beautiful digital graphic novels for MGS1 and MGS2 (first time ever released outside of Japan!) to get caught up with all the events of the Shadow Moses Incident and Big Shell. Did I mention it includes VR Missions? Three words: playable Gray Fox.

War has changed, and it has never been easier to join the fight. Keep an eye out for the release of Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, in stores July 9th, 2013. You can pre-order now at Amazon.

*(containing Metal Gear Solid 2: SONS OF LIBERTY, Metal Gear Solid 3: SNAKE EATER and Metal Gear Solid: PEACE WALKER)

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Elvick_ on May 17th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Would have been nice if PS Vita got a collection of all the handheld games as well.

+ NUN-X on May 17th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

I must have this collection.!!!!

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on May 17th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

I HAVE to have this FOR SURE! can not wait!!!

+ jorge197 on May 17th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

so excited love you guys

+ WHITE_PR on May 17th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Perfect for my b-day gift :P

Metal Gear & Resident Evil Fan 4ever

+ zingakun on May 17th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Trophies?

+ soundandvision77 on May 17th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Even though I have all the games (some of them multiple versions of), it’s tempting to buy them again. Crazy, I know. I finally caved and bought the PSN version of MGS1 when it was on sale a few weeks ago so I can play it on my Vita without needing to use remote play. Looking forward to playing the whole series in chronological order on Vita, and then jumping back to PS4 to finally play MGS4 again. This will probably take me 2 years of course!

Needless to say this is a great package for anyone who has yet to play the series. What are you waiting for?

+ zombie9 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

This is great news!!! Finally a good game in July That is a first. FOX vs XOF can’t wait!!!

+ Gorvi on May 17th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

“Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection contains every canon Metal Gear release to grace PlayStation platforms”

This is incorrect, Portable Ops was cannon, it takes place between MGS3 and Peace Walker. How about a Vita Collection with Portable Ops, Plus, and both Ac!d games? I know I’m one of the few, but I LOVED both Ac!d games.

+ KazeEternal on May 17th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Doesn’t have Metal Gear Rising, so not every MG.

Anyway, I assume these support cross saving with the Vita for the games in the MGs HD collection?

+ Anddo on May 17th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I own all of these games 6X over. So many different bundles
That being said. I don’t know about this one.

Is MGS PS1 a straight port?
Any trophies for it?.

I may get this for collection reasons only.

Spin-offs don’t count guys. Cannon or not, they’re not main line.

+ SolduNuts on May 17th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

This series is in my top 5 five for sure. This has to be the best value for a set of games to date. Thanks for bringing this to the PS3.

Quick question Mr. Link. Why is the PSP games that are on UMD not available digitally for the PSP/Vita? Specifically for me anyways, where are the digital versions of the MG AC!D games. I liked these games very much and would love to be able to play them on my Vita since I no longer have a PSP and the games (stupid people stealing my stuff).

Sold.

+ NintendoTim on May 17th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Can we please get a MGS HD remake? Not a re-textured PS1 MGS release, but the Twin Snakes from the GameCube. Just…remove the MGS2 gameplay mechanics that ruined the game.

Might have to beat Silicon Knights over the head a few times to get the code from them, but considering they’re about to die a horrible death, getting that shouldn’t be a problem.

+ SolduNuts on May 17th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@ Gorvi

I’m with you. I loved Metal Gear Ac!d and no longer have access to it.

Again, Konami please release MG Ac!d in digital format that is compatible with the Vita and you got yourselves some sales between me and Gorvi.

Sold.

+ OperativeQ on May 17th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

I’m excited that there is finally going to be a collection with all the games. I wanted to play all of them, but all the current collections feel like buying pieces of an incomplete model. Thanks for the game!

+ bldudas on May 17th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I’ve never played any Metal Gear Rising game. I guess this would be a good time to start.

+ four24twenty on May 17th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Sorry but I was first introduced to Metal Gear on the Nintendo Entertainment System. This is not part of the legacy? Really?

+ four24twenty on May 17th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Well played.

+ zzamaro on May 17th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Everything on disc? VR Missions and MGS1. You’ll get a purchase from me(and I guarantee others) if they are on disc.

+ AmericanNinja1 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Hello Dalton,

I was wondering if you know when Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops will be playable on North American PS Vitas?

Thanks for your time.

+ tanHardedge on May 17th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Hey Dalton, might you know when pre-orders for Canada will be available? I can’t wait to get my hands on this collection :) Much appreciated!

+ SolduNuts on May 17th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

@ Dalton

Please pass on feedback to the right people that there are some fans of MG AC!D and would like to be able play them on newer hardware.

Thanks.

Sold.

+ xKOROSHIYAx on May 17th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Is MGS1 on disc (like the PS2 collection) or is it a code to download the digital copy?

+ D-Squad3 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

So how about Snake for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? You guys are deliberately ignoring your fans, we want Snake for Battle Royale!!! But since you guys don’t care about your fans, I’m afraid we will never get Snake in the roster.

+ Fardeenah on May 17th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

why is mgs1 ps1 classic not playable on vita?????

+ CiscoKid_22_ on May 17th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

I already own all the games in their original formats but the VR Missions and the art book plus the digital graphic novels…yeah I’m in.

+ jh6269 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Never played a MGS game (except for the demo of MGS 4 on PS3); I’m picking this up and I hope I like it. I know a lot of people who don’t like the MGS games, but I’m going to try and hack my way through it even if I like it or not–I just have to find out what all the fuss is about.

+ binarymellon on May 17th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Really wish there was some sort of cross buy option for the HD Collection. It would be a no brainer even at a higher price point, but I’m going to end up waiting on the off chance that I can get everything together or at least cheaper than $85.

+ GeneHunter on May 17th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

I was under the impression that MG2 was no longer canon.

+ Raziel_Leonhart on May 17th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

you this is nice and all but i all i want from this set is Metal Gear Solid from PSX. i still have hard copies of all my metal gear games its just kinda funny i have to get a second copy of 4 and 2,3 HD when i have them already. Hell i would buy a HD copy of Metal Gear Solid for my Vita

+ Jotamide on May 17th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

I only own MGS1 and still haven’t beaten it. I will probably do that and judge whether to get this.

+ XeahuleXolic on May 17th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

I didn’t get a chance to read up on it and most of my questions have been answered sadly I was hoping to see a HD remake of the classic MGS, I am sad indeed, will this be on PS Vita as well??

+ XeahuleXolic on May 17th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Hey D-Squad3 I think that would be awesome to see BigBoss in PSASBR :)

+ Gorvi on May 17th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

@GeneHunter
I think you’re thinking of MG2 on the NES, Snake’s Revenge, which was not made by Kojima. The real MG2 came out on the MSX, and that’s what’s in the collection, and has been since MGS3: Subsistence.

+ TubaDude49 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

You know, jumping straight into the story of Big Boss isn’t a terrible idea.
I jumped into the series rather late, so I started with Snake Eater and followed the series chronolgically with Peace Walker, MG1 & 2(admitedly just read Previous Operations for those two), MGS1, Sons of Liberty, then lastly Guns of the Patriots and I liked how everything turned out. MGS4 still ended up as the most emotional game I’ve ever played, perhaps a bit moreso due to the order I played them.

+ XeahuleXolic on May 17th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Thank you for that info cuz I’ll pick that up right away ;) you just made my day!!

+ Heavenly_king on May 17th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

I want a remake of MGS1,2,3. With graphics and gameplay mechanics as MGS4. No more HD ports please :)

+ TubaDude49 on May 17th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Wait, since VR Missions is a voucher does that mean it will become available as a standalone PS1 classic?

+ MoeRonimoe on May 17th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

YES, YES, YES! Portable Ops confirmed for not being canon! Great news. :)

+ ChameleonX on May 17th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Must have.

+ dharmaninja on May 17th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

I am kind of bummed about this a little. First of all, is my save data from my copy of HD collection going to carry over? Second stinks that I have non trophy edition of MGS4 because I am guessing that means my save data won’t be usable so I will have to replay the entire game and get back to where I am now. Not really a big deal but along with the fact that I have already doled out this much money for the 4 of those games kind of makes me sour on essentially buying vr mission and metal gear solid 1 for 50 bones considering those don’t seem to have had a graphical makeover. Not sure if I am going to pick this up or not. Hard decision. As a diehard Metal Gear fan though, I might have to.

+ Scaramanga1983 on May 17th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Technically speaking, the MGS 3 version is not Snake Eater but Subsistence, considering that you can play the game with the behind Snake camera, isn’t it?

Snake vs Monkey will return in this package?

+ PrinceofXIII on May 17th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

i just ordered the JPN version at play asia just now.

already have the US version, i might dip in again, since it’s only $49.99, but will see!!

+ Goldanas on May 17th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

I’ll be picking this up. Thanks for bringing it over here!

Do you have any news in regards to bringing over the AC!D games to PSN? I bought them on UMD when they originally came out and I’d really like to buy them again for the Vita.

A Metal Gear Solid B-Side collection that includes all the non-canon portable games (Portable Ops series, Ghost Babel, AC!D series, Mobile, etc.) would be super rad on the Vita, even if it was just a downloadable bundle (which is how I’d want it anyway).

+ dharmaninja on May 17th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

So I just found out that MGS 1 and VR missions are only vouchers, now I really don’t know if I am going to buy this. I am sorry but I kind of feel like you didn’t bring enough new to this formula for it to be purchase worthy for me, While there are things on there that I would like to own, none of them are hard copies so I might be better off saving the money and just finding these things individually. I don’t agree with the complete remake of MGS 1 but and HD rework would be great.

Anybody that read this comment and hasn’t beaten even one of these games, it is definitely worth it for you to purchase this collection. Assembling it individually might actually be next to impossible, and even if you did it wouldn’t be as affordable.

In all, good job, but I don’t think this is inspiring me to buy.

+ nightmarekaos on May 17th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

it says the digital novels were never released outside of japan when the first one was released on psp, its only the second one that never made it to the U.S.

+ axemtitanium on May 17th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

What’s in the art book? How different is it from the MGS HD Collection’s LE artbook? Is it hardcover?

+ binarymellon on May 17th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Yes I’m hoping for some sort of bundle where I can also get the HD Collection for Vita.

+ this_is_Marko on May 17th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Since this is ps3 exlusive, does that mean that Big Boss/Naked Snake will show up in Playstation All-Stars!? Please let the answer be yes!!!!

+ Hitara on May 17th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Still waiting to see a PS3 version of Portable Ops. I’ll get it one day…one day.

PAGE 1 2 3 4