Uncharted 4

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on May 19, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Well, it’s been a wild week. Not only did we announce the long-awaited Gran Turismo 6, we also went hands-on with a smattering of upcoming games at our pre-E3 Judges’ Day event (look for our impressions over the next couple weeks).

If you missed the Beyond: Two Souls livestream at Tribeca, we’ve put together a handy collection of the highlights for you. Metal Gear fans will want to take a look at this post right here, Killzone: Mercenary is coming to your PS Vita a week early, Sid wrote an unsettling hands-on with The Last of Us, Fred put together an in-depth Q&A with the creators of Watch_Dogs, our newest Conversations with Creators video featured Diablo III for PS3 and PS4, new Sound Shapes DLC is out now, and more.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ dodgedoors on May 19th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Playing: Mass Effect

Listening: Tom Waits, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

Watching: Dexter, Orphan Black

Reading: Christopher Moore (you northern Cali people hopefully know him)

+ ALEXBERSERK on May 19th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Playing: Mob of the dead – new zombies map

Listening: Rush – Stick it out (want break something)

Watching: Iron man movies (1 was good, 2 was crap, 3 was almost crap)

Reading: nothing right now… no patience…

+ mrlolo12345 on May 19th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Playing: Sleeping Dogs
Listening: POdcast Beyond 260- Current and PlayStation Blogcast 074

Watching: Things
Reading Ready Player One, and Julieus Ceasar

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 20th, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

I started reading Ready Player One, but I’m terrible at reading and I didn’t get very far. I did like what I read though — maybe I’ll get back to it soon.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on May 19th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

I’m playing: Boderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice, Super Street Fighter IV AE.
I’m listening to: Tatsunoko vs Capcom OSTs

Justin, how are you liking JJ & The Bigfoot Mystery?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 20th, 2013 at 12:14 am said:

I’m very impressed by it, especially given its price! Adorable characters, good voice work, inventive puzzles… I was flying a lot this week and ended up occupying most of that time with this game.

+ Madd_Hatter401 on May 19th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Playing: COD uprising, sleeping dogs, yakuza 3
Listening: nirvana nevermind
Watching: Boston Bruins playoff hockey
Reading: this blog and anything PS4 related

+ TERMINATOR543 on May 19th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

Playing: Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Sleeping Dogs, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Listening to: The Official PlayStation Movie-cast Episode 074
Watching: Defiance, Psych WWE’s usual weekly programming and WWE Extreme Rules (later tonight)
Reading: PlayStation Blog, Game Informer Issue 237: Top 50 games of 2012

+ dodgedoors on May 19th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

@5 Go go Black and Gold

+ dodgedoors on May 19th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

@3 mrlolo12345

What do you think of ready player one? I loved it.

+ Zezzler on May 19th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

I LOVE the new Anamanaguchi album! I’m going to see them live this week, so hopefully they can put on an amazing show!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on May 20th, 2013 at 12:15 am said:

Lucky! They’re playing in SF next month, but I’ll be down in LA for E3 by then. I think they’re playing a show during the convention, so maybe I’ll try to sneak into that. I’ve always wanted to see them play.

+ duckie42 on May 19th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

playing: PS all-stars battle royal (ps3 – vita) / bioshock infinite / epic mickey

listening to: N/A

watching: best ink / worst tattoos / mythbusters / big brain theory

reading: PlayStation blog / bioshock infinite walk-through book (so i can get through the game)

+ X_BROCKLEE_X on May 19th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

I’m Playing: Metro: Last Light, Bioshock, Sleeping Dogs

I’m watching: Curb Your Enthusiasm (season 1), Maron

I’m Listening: Blogcast 74, WTF with Marc Maron, The Champs podcast, Anamanaguchi

+ deadendblues on May 19th, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

Playing: tomb raider
Watching nba playoffs
Reading ex heroes (zombies and superheroes)

+ deadendblues on May 19th, 2013 at 7:32 pm said:

Listening real kids johnny thunder and the heartbreakers

+ Elvick_ on May 20th, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

Playing: Unit 13, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Listening: K. Michelle ~ V.S.O.P.
Watching: Pound Puppies, Bewitched

+ saab01 on May 20th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Cant wait for the Last of Us hopefully Amazon will deliver on time.