Far Cry 4

PlayStation Plus: Germinator & Pinball Arcade Free, Gamestop PS Plus Deal

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on May 20, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Before we jump into the gaming content for PlayStation Plus this week, we wanted to let you guys in on a deal we’ve got cooking for new or existing PS Plus members.

Exclusively in GameStop stores, buy a 1 year PS Plus membership and get $10 in PSN cash to use on the PlayStation Store! You’ll get it right when you buy the 1 year Plus membership at GameStop; how’s that for instant gratification? You have until June 20th June 2nd to take advantage of this deal. So whether you’ve been thinking about checking out PS Plus, or are an Instant Game Collection vet, you’ll want to hop on this deal.

With that said, we’ve got a ton of stuff to cover this week including two (two!) games coming to the Instant Game Collection: the addictive puzzler Germinator, and the wonderful pinball experience that is Pinball Arcade. You’ll also find new Ultimate Editions on sale, which deliver complete editions of big titles you may have missed with all of their DLC at a reduced price; especially so for PlayStation Plus members. So let’s get right to it!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

May 21st PlayStation Plus Update

Germinator (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Germinator_Title_MasterArt
Germinator twists the bubble genre, wiping away old school match-three games. Crash germ bubbles into those of the same color. Combine and grow them until they explode in a splattering goop. Trigger power-ups to pop them all and mess up the screen. Timing and accuracy are the keys to solving puzzles and preventing the germs from rising too high. It’s a great title for all ages, and will be downloadable free in PlayStation Plus later this month.
Pinball Arcade (PS3, PS Vita, Cross-Buy Enabled)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

PinballArcade_PSVita_game_MasterArt
It’s pinball action on the go with Pinball Arcade on PS Vita. You’ll find great pinball tables like Tales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Theatre of Magic, and Black Hole available from within the game. There are additional tables available to download too if you’re looking to augment your Pinball Arcade experience.
Metro: Last Light Season Pass (PS3)

25% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.24)

MetroLastLight_Title_MasterArt
Season Pass is for the true Metro fan. It is a discounted pre-payment for future Metro downloadable content. With its purchase you will receive The Faction Pack, The Tower Pack, The Developer Pack, and The Chronicles Pack.
Darkstalkers Resurrection + Super Puzzle Fighter II (PS3)

30% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $10.49)

DarkstalkersSFIITHDR_title_MasterArt
For a limited time, purchase Darkstalkers Resurrection and receive Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for free! Darkstalkers Resurrection includes two games – Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3. These feature classic gameplay, unique characters, HD visual modes, online play with 8-player lobbies, YouTube replay sharing, improved challenge modes, unlockable extras and more. Embrace the dark!
Men’s Room Mayhem (PS Vita)

30% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $1.39; PS Plus Price: $0.97)

MensRoomMayhem
In Men’s Room Mayhem you’re hired as the janitor of your very own chaotic men’s room. You’re responsible for directing patrons, keeping everywhere sparkling clean and steering patrons away from trouble. You need to get your customers safely to the urinals and cubicles in time – otherwise there’ll be a few nasty accidents for you to clean up! Avoid fights by strategically steering patrons past each other with pinpoint precision, but be careful, as the waves increase the patrons pile up fast.
PlayStation Plus Update 5-21-2013

Ultimate Deals (P3 Full Games and Add-Ons)

Up to 75% Off for PS Plus members

The PlayStation Store is bringing you exclusive Ultimate Editions of some of the biggest games around. We’re bundling terrific PS3 Full Games with all of their DLC and offering these Ultimate Editions at great prices with even bigger discounts for PlayStation Plus members! There is truly no better time to beef up your game collection. Get it all with newly released Ultimate Editions, only on the PlayStation Store. (Note: If you have the single player version of Starhawk from the Instant Game Collection, you’ll still be able to download the Starhawk bundle to have access to all of the contents of the bundle.)

Discounts

Game Title Total Value Sale Price PS Plus Price
Assassin’s Creed III – Ultimate Edition $87.93 $69.99 $62.99
Batman: Arkham City – Ultimate Edition $57.95 $28.99 $23.19
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Ultimate Edition Bundle $99.99 $69.99 $62.99
DmC Devil May Cry – Ultimate Edition $74.96 $52.49 $47.24
Max Payne 3 – Ultimate Edition $69.99 $29.99 $20.99
Starhawk – Ultimate Edition $66.83 $23.49 $16.44
Far Cry 3 – Ultimate Edition $69.98 $55.99 $50.39
Persona 4 Arena – Ultimate Edition $59.91 $39.99 $27.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – Ultimate Edition $90.91 $63.99 $44.79
Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron (Ultimate Edition Bundle) $89.99 $62.99 $56.69

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/28)

Instant Game Collection

ZOMBIE TYCOON II: BRAINHOV’S REVENGE

Discounts
GRID 2
Metro: Last Light
ASSASSIN’S CREED III ULTIMATE EDITION
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY ULTIMATE EDITION
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 (ULTIMATE EDITION BUNDLE)
DMC DEVIL MAY CRY ULTIMATE EDITION
MAX PAYNE 3 ULTIMATE EDITION
STARHAWK ULTIMATE EDITION
FAR CRY 3 ULTIMATE EDITION
PERSONA 4 ARENA ULTIMATE EDITION
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE – ULTIMATE EDITION
TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON (ULTIMATE EDITION BUNDLE)

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 5/21.

So tell us, what are you most excited for this week? Your comments and feedback matter, so leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. Also, I’ll be out for the next couple weeks, but my good buddy and fellow Community Manager Paul Sullivan will be bringing you all the Plus news while I’m out. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 5-21-2013

188 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Thanks for the update. As usual, here’s my weekly request for IGC games:

God of War (any/all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (any/all games in the series)
Metal Gear Solid HD collection for PS3, digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 3
Uncharted (any/all games in the series)

Also, could you add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store? It’s available in all regions except North America, and it’s also the only MGS game I haven’t played!

+ bldudas on May 20th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Hm, interesting. Germinator looks neat.

+ Dragonslayer_023 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Men’s Room Mayhem is only .97? Well heck, why not?

+ J-Kisner on May 20th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Cool.

+ JTruF210 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

A little disappointed Blaz is the last week but I can wait.

Morgan, can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a standard time for the Plus update to go live? Tired of checking every hour on Mondays.

Anyway, thanks for the update!

+ JAYREV on May 20th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

1st id like to say Morgan I like that you respond to most of the comments. 2nd. Is the LAST OF US going to be day 1 digital? If not I really need to pre-order but I would really prefer the digital version. 3rd. I really like the discounts this week. Last but not least I really like sleeping dogs thanks Morgan and the rest of the ps plus team

+ CrazyGuy62 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

@5

Agreed. Pretty good sales as far as games go!

+ ps_n_blog_ac on May 20th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

uh… i’m so broke right now…. Dead space,bioshock, tomb raider, GOW, PS+ deals, and etc… heck i’m still saving money for LOU and RE:R

*Question*
@HARO
Will the digital version of RE:R include DLC from gamestop?
if so does the game have to be pre-ordered or not?
please reply

+ DarkSeraphim666 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Is the PS3 (not vita) version of Germinator ALSO free this week?

+ dodgedoors on May 20th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Is Blood Dragon included in FC3 Ultimate?

+ Gorvi on May 20th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

One issue with the satisfaction poll: it really needs an “I already owned this game” option. If I own it already I’m not going to be crazy about a game being in the IGC, but if I didn’t own it the game may very well be something I’d answer “very satisfied” to.

+ ps_n_blog_ac on May 20th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Good deals by the way :)

+ JTruF210 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Also, I hope you advertise that PS+ $10 deal in some way. It seems like it’s mostly aimed at getting new subscribers and most people who check here already do.

I would take advantage of the deal but my Plus is already until next year and Im waiting to see how it is on PS4 before i decide to add anymore time to it.

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Any teaser or news on June’s Plus update next month? I am curious to see if we get anything really special/good since it is E3 time then.

Also any news if those games that have been in plus the entire year like LBP2, Infamous, 2, Ratchet and Clank will be replaced next month around E3 since it has been a year for them. Saw rumors online that there was a chance of that happening. Thanks!

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on May 20th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Great update!
Men’s Room Mayhem is already cheap and now that you give us a discount for it its a must buy!

+ mpb93 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

@ 1 that would be AWESOME

+ anti-altair16 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

I’m so broke, I can’t even afford Men’s Room Mayhem for .97 cents! *laughcry*

@6 Jayrev Yes, The Last of Us will be Day 1 Digital.

@9 DarkSeraphim666 Yes.

+ Teflon02 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

HONESTLY
Can the Big PS Vita Titles NOT be the last week of every month? It’s like a Disrespect to the PS Vita owners, we see about a month ahead of time that we are getting one BIG title for the month and PS3 always get’s the big game the beginning and Vita is the opposite? That’s just annoying, If we got the earlier it would make it feel more worth it. It makes me feel that the PS Vita is always just waiting til the last second for everything. And it doesn’t help that Sooo many broken promises are made for the Vita (Crackle, Crunchyroll anyone) as well as not pushing hard enough for important things (Crash STILL not on NA Vita while the rest of the world can play it)

+ airTallau21 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Dang. Just bought my PS Plus from Gamestop a couple weeks ago.

+ anti-altair16 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

@14 Shinara_Soldier17 I’m pretty sure inFamous 2, LBP2, & R&C All 4 One will always stay there. They have to have 3 exclusives on there to give more people a reason to buy a membership. So expect those thee, probably forever.

+ MichelleCS on May 20th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

The free game sounds cute. A lot of great discounts, I might get metal gear rising.

+ hew789 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

does mens room mayhem have a gloryhole or is it separare dlc

+ jmanstyles on May 20th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Kind of a Bleh week. Two sub par vita games and an underwhelming ultimate week. Last year’s had more I was interested in. But I have enough games to play so I can wait until June since next week is just ANOTHER fighter.

+ saab01 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Here are a list of games that I hope join the IGC soon

Re6
Tomb raider
Red dead redemption
Hit man absolution
Playstation All Stars
Mortal Kombat Komplete edition

+ IcedDice777 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Metro is such a great game imho. Will definitely pick that season pass for all that DLC.

+ dodgedoors on May 20th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

I’m guessing Next month won’t be a full month reveal June 4 and possibly 11 will be the only reveal, then they will announce the change of legacy titles on plus. I am guessing 2 of them will be LBP:K and PSABR. Can’t think of what the third title will be. I’m praying that it will be an Uncharted Trilogy pack.

+ saab01 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Pinball Arcade first of all is not that great of a game I played the demo and it isn’t fun at all compared to the Zen Pinball Series. Also most of those discounts are rip off prices. Most of those games alone are 10 bucks new if you look around also if you add in all of the DLC it would be cheaper to buy the disc and DLC separate than buying those bundle from the PS Store. I only saw a couple games that were actually a good deal to buy from that selection.

+ Squiggle55 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Love the poll about our satisfaction with the current IGC games. It might even be nice to be able to fill out a poll including the entire year’s worth of games. As it is, however, I’m afraid you’re going to get skewed results from the same people that wrongly think if LBP and Ratchet & Clank leave the IGC it will benefit them in some way. But a poll that said “how happy were you to get these games for PS+” and included the whole year’s worth of games might give you some good info.

+ saab01 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

I didnt mean RE5 that was an accident

+ Squiggle55 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

For the weekly vote I was torn between germinator and men’s room mayhem discount. (since I already own pinball arcade). I think I’m more interested in playing men’s room mayhem, but since we’re really only saving like 40 cents on the discount I voted for germinator.

+ Elvick_ on May 20th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Sweet, a discount on Men’s Room Mayhem. The cheap price was already solidifying my purchase and now this? EVEN BETTER! I hope that we get more discounts on some of the cheap stuff that releases in the future too!

@18: It’s the same distance between them… I hope you realize this.

+ nabilafzali02 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Is ratchet and clank coming tomorrow because it wasn’t mentioned on the drop from yesterday???? I wouldn’t be surprised if it got delayed again

+ Enigmatech on May 20th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

I hope you don’t make one of the regular editions of one of these “Ultimates” as an instant PS + game for June, like what you did with the Just Cause 2 and Infamous 2 bundles and then the week after made the stand-alones free for +.

Maybe in July or August…

+ tylerh1701 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Sweet, couple new games to play on my Vita this week (Germinator and Men’s Room Mayhem). I wasn’t counting on getting MRM right away, but for $0.97 I’ll happily buy it. Looking forward to services a few dudes in the men’s room tomorrow night!

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like seeing mobile-style games coming over to Vita with budget prices ($1-$2) and trophy implementation. I hope to see more in the future, I’d much rather play these games on my Vita and earn trophies than play the games on my phone.

+ Zanir9x on May 20th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Please add to the PSN

- Chocobo’s Racing PS1 Classic
- Final Fantasy 4 PS1 Classic (Not the one from PSP)
- Valkyrie Profile 1 Ps1 Classic (Not the one from PSP)
- Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria PS2 Classic
- Final Fantasy XII PS2 Classic

And even is coming to HD, but would be good FFX PS2 Classic Too.

And would be nice to see a discount on Ni No Kuni too, just as EU

+ Zanir9x on May 20th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Also.. i heard sometime ago God Of War – A will be available on PSN too… any news? Because I’m nearly sure many of us are waiting to be in digital to get it ;)

+ Mando44646 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

those sales are still pretty pricey. I’d love to have a Vita game sale that doesnt involve golfing if that were possible. I also hope that we get something other than another fighter on Vita next month since we have the 3rd in a row being BlazBlue this month

+ XtemmA2 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

OH Thank you PS+ Crew!
You just made my week.

+ Myakoopa on May 20th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

I love these low prices for indie titles. Between the $2.99 for Jacob Jones last week and the $0.97 for Men’s Room Mayhem, I feel like we’re finally headed to a great point of competition with iOS! Keep it up!

Also, for the record, Jacob Jones is awesome.

+ Loco4FourLoko on May 20th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Whats going on with ratchet and clank and velocity ultra, really looking forward to both but no info…hello?

+ Gorvi on May 20th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

@Zanir9x
You realize that for all of those, save Ni No Kuni (that’s Namco), Square Enix is the publisher, right? It’s their decision to put them on PSN. I’d like to see all of those too, though.

+ j-scro on May 20th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

I love Pinball Arcade. I was hoping for discounts on table packs. I don’t suppose that’s happening and it’s just an oversight in the blog, is it?

+ snakeeyes211 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

You have some good deals but games like Batman only cost $19.99 and includes all the DLC so I guess I will have to do more research before buying anything and see if it’s truly worth it :-/
But PlayStation plus is an amazing service keep it up :-)

+ four24twenty on May 20th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Hey Morgan,

What were the results from the PSP poll last week?

I would feel more like a community member if you shared this information, thank you!

+ bball230 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

@ Morgan

Ive felt hesitant to sign up for PS+ for the past few months ive skipped out because it is not known what will happen with the PS4 & PS+.

I dont want to spend money on a years worth of PS+ if i will no longer have/use a PS3 in a few months from now. Is it safe to say the money spent on PS+ now will immediately carry over to PS4?

Otherwise there is lots of money wasted.

I’m sure (actually i know) im not the only one holding out on PS+ for this reason. And it seems weird because your kind of losing would be subscribers for the next few months.

Do you have any helpful comments?

+ purse317 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

can we have that witches and knights sale Europe got a few weeks back or how about letting us buy the pversion of plus we want I’d prefer the European plus but I can’t buy it even though it’s $50 like ours

+ purse317 on May 20th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

oh and those deals are a rip off

+ viceforce on May 20th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

My prediction for PS+ titles for June are Batman AC and Persona 4 Golden, but apparently we only get 1 full game from now on so I sticking with Batman AC for reasons why look at UTE then remember last years UTE and IGC and there’s your answer

+ Satnamji on May 20th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

So which of those new ultimate bundles will be part of the IGC next month? Yes, after a year, I still feel a little burned buying the inFamous 2 ultimate bundle only to see it announced as part of the new IGC three days later. :(

Also, I was hoping we’d see a sale on Pinball Arcade DLC tables for those of us who already own it. Perhaps in tomorrow’s store announcement?

+ SeteRolos on May 20th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Great games coming!!
But i would like to know when i will be able to play Jeanne d’Arc on my Vita, since i don’t have a PS3, and don’t wanna buy one.

PAGE 1 2 3 4