PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Warriors Coming Next Week to PSN

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on May 22, 2013 //

The Warriors

Hey PlayStation.Blog fans,

Fresh off the back of our 2003 stealth thriller Manhunt launching on PlayStation Store last week, we’ve got another Rockstar Games PS2 Classic coming up for you to download to your PS3.

Starting Tuesday, May 28th, our latest PS2 Classics release on PlayStation Network lets you navigate the treacherous path home for that real live bunch from Coney, as The Warriors will be available to plaaaa-ay on PS3. Grab it from the PlayStation Store next week for $9.99.

PS2 Classics Available on PSN:

Manhunt | Liberty City Stories | Vice City Stories | Grand Theft Auto III | Vice City | San Andreas | Bully | Red Dead Revolver | Max Payne | Midnight Club: Street Racing | Midnight Club II | Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition REMIX

61 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ UncannySilk on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

RAD!

+ tpobeatheat187 on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

Hell Yeah!

+ GeoDarky on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

YES! Ajax gonna wreck havoc again :D

+ cadelaoBR on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Please can you help me?
Still can´t download pinball arcade for vita and got no aswers on the right topic.
“The connection to the server or device has been lost (NP-2244-2)

+ MaNgAbOx on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Yes!!!!!!!It would be super cool if RockStar did an HD remake or an entire re-boot of the game and movie.

+ tusunami on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

PS2 classics gotta luv em!!!!!!!

+ OneMoreVillain on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Gaaaaammmuuurrs come ouout and Plaaaayaaay

Very cool to see this game on the network. I had no idea that this game was done by you guys at Rock* though.

+ DJKim0701 on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

Aw c’mon. Any news about HD remake with trophy support??!!!

+ klassymike on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

@cadelaoBR

You need to call Sony. I’m quite sure this isn’t the place to get help for your problem.

+ plaztiksyke on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

My husband and I loved, loved, loved this game on the original Xbox. Great story and voice acting, 720p widescreen, and the merging split-screen co-op play was fantastic. I was really surprised when The Warriors movie release on bluray didn’t include a demo for a PS3 version of the game.

I sadly won’t be buying this one, after buying Bully on PSN. The washed out palettized textures, dialogue nearly unintelligible due to low-quality audio, and the total lack of upscaling makes playing in a PS2 emulator or via Xbox 360 backward compatibility a better bet.

The fact we got a native version of Okami, which looks and plays great, for about the same price as this emulation is making me hold out for a native recompile with updated audio assets, like it was for the Grand Theft Auto titles on iPad. While I want the physical controller, it’s not worth 2-3 times the price, and just shows that a native “port” of these games *could* have been done for PS3.

Once there is a native version of these great games, I’ll gladly pay $5 to “upgrade” to the HD version or $15 for the HD version itself.

PS: Since Capcom did such a great job with Okami HD, here’s hoping they release Zak & Wiki HD as well!

+ KazeEternal on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

……………. NEXT!

+ Batchi_ on May 22nd, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Online Multiplayer support?

+ xClayMeow on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Bring PS2 classic support to the Vita!

+ TWODEEEE on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

i wish youd just add some kind of trophy support on these classic games, then id buy them

+ JonhX on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Great news! too bad the PS2 Classics emulator on PS3 doesn’t support coop.

+ PainOfSarrow on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

yes yess YESS finnaly. il def be picking this up next week. Glade RockStar is including this Classic. also did anyone else get a Papo and Yo Message in there inbox for a Discount at 7$ ???? hmm idk but this is mines next week.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

NO HD..NO BUY..the reason i have a PS3 is for the HD GAMES.Yes this game is a CLASSIC..but to not make it HD just makes ROCKSTAR look LAZY.This is the same reason i didnt get SAN ANDRES..SMH

+ PainOfSarrow on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

nYcFrEeWiLL82 none of the ps2 Classics are in HD. so Sad ppl like you dont purchase a game just becaus it dont support HD Graphics.

+ klassymike on May 22nd, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

I’m with the ones that say, if there’s no HD and no trophy support, there’s no buy! If I wanted to play PS2 games, I would dust off my PS2 and play them. These games all need to be remade with HD graphics and trophy support if they want my money. That’s just my opinion.

+ PainOfSarrow on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

LOL Smfhhh

+ Earthling_8 on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

First Manhunt now this, this is truly incredible!

+ Splathew on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

If I all ready owned or played a game I need an incentive to buy it it again. I can understand not taking the time to upgrade a game to HD but trophies are a must.

+ IzoGray on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

The people at Rockstar are some of the laziest devs I’ve seen. They always release their old games and don’t bother to update them at all.

On top of that, they their PSP releases are priced at $20 when they should be $10 like the PS2 classics. You guys are awful. Get real. I haven’t purchased anything from you in years and I won’t be purchasing GTA V.

+ NYPUNK88 on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

Holy…I remember this game! lol

+ klassymike on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

I agree that some of the recent releases were great in their time. i.e. Manhunt, Fatal Frame, including this one, and they could be awesome once again with an upgrade to compliment the newer generation systems. Look at what happened with Fatal Frame 2, They just threw it out without cleaning it up and it had a lot of problems graphically and with the audio, so they had to pull it off, (hopefully to fix it). While they’re at it, why not upgrade it to HD and add trophy support and do the same with the other Fatal Frame games? Now, that would get people’s attention!!

+ dragonaire7 on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

dear friends, is there a chance to get in this classic section (ps2) blody roar 3 and 4? (in the near future)

+ DoTheKiller91 on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

Rockstar if you read this PLEASE make a next-gen Midnight Club game!

+ PainOfSarrow on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

i would LUVVVV to get these games in HD to and spend the extra 5 to do so but i will not let that stop me from Enjoying a Classic in its Original Form. nopeeeee

+ Figboy on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Nice! The Warriors was an awesome game!

+ LSMJGO on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

loved the warriors played all the time at a friends house never owned it myself I guess its time to change that :)

+ LSMJGO on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

@15 what are you talking about I played GTA SA co op just last week on my ps3

+ Elric_X on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

This game was a real hidden gem on the PSP! I’m thinking about getting the PSP version for my Vita.

Those of you who don’t have a Vita, will definitely want to check out this new version on the PS3, especially if you are a fan of the cult classic movie that inspired it. Good Stuff!

+ Teflon02 on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

I have this on my vita great game, just wished I had people to play with lol

+ oh_richard on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

My personal favorite Rockstar game and favorite movie-based game. THANK YOU!

+ Crazy_Candy_Man1 on May 22nd, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ClinToN on May 22nd, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

I still have the Warriors on the PS2 but I’d recommend to everyone if you haven’t played it already.

+ Alastor424 on May 22nd, 2013 at 4:45 pm said:

RockStar, I seriously hope you are making a new Red Dead!

+ supvic on May 22nd, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

Can you dig it? Can you dig it? CAAAN youuu dig it?!

+ tpobeatheat187 on May 22nd, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

@4 i called PlayStation and they said to try later tonight or tomorrow morning the system is down they gave no specific time so be on the look out.

+ Superstone on May 22nd, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

I want to play PS2 classics on my Vita!!

+ Genexi2 on May 22nd, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

Any chance for a price-drop of the PSP version to match?

Also, thanks R* for actually making use of the PS2 Classics, I’m surprised hardly any other publisher/developers are jumping aboard it. This just leaves Manhunt 2 left to join the crowd for your back catalog?

+ SweetReLeaf on May 22nd, 2013 at 6:02 pm said:

This is good news I loved this game & the movie xD

+ JLP_M on May 22nd, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

This is my favorite R* game! Can’t wait to replay it again, I remember having a friend over and we beat it twice in one night.

We had to use a cheat code or two in the end though ;)

+ BirdyKilla420 on May 22nd, 2013 at 6:26 pm said:

Thanks Sony been wanting this for awhile now. I guess you were listening!

+ thevoid12 on May 22nd, 2013 at 6:37 pm said:

Any chance of getting the .Hack// Series on PS2 Classics anytime soon

+ cadelaoBR on May 22nd, 2013 at 6:41 pm said:

@39 Thanks for your feedback

+ SpooNManX on May 22nd, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

“Warriors come out to play, Warriors come out to playayyyy”

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on May 22nd, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:

@45

Yes, that! I would gladly pay for that!

and all the new age kids crying over hd and fake images, god have mercy on your soul if you had to play games just a few years before.

+ IX-lycaon on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:30 pm said:

Where’s Fatal Frame 2? Any news on the fix? :D

+ Nano1124 on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:25 pm said:

Is it possible to separate for the classics to PS1 category and PS2 category.

PAGE 1 2