Driveclub

Grand Theft Auto V Special & Collector’s Editions – Pre-Order Starting Today

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on May 23, 2013 //

We are proud to announce full details of the Special Edition and Collector’s Edition of Grand Theft Auto V – which will be available for worldwide pre-order starting today from participating retailers.

As an additional bonus, those who pre-order any edition of Grand Theft Auto V (including the Special Edition, Collector’s Edition or the standard retail edition) between now and September 17th will get access to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle.

Grand Theft Auto V Atomic Blimp

Here are details of what exclusive items you can look forward to in each edition, and you can read about each of them in more detail over on the Rockstar Newswire and at http://www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder.

The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition

Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition (Short)

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition

Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition (Short)

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of GTA, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition will retail for $149.99, while the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will retail for $79.99 (check with your local retailer for international prices). All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013, while supplies last.

Look for online pre-order links to be updated at www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder starting later today.

64 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Faythi on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:15 am said:

Aww man. looks amazing. I need it.

+ chunkinator1 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

When are we going to see a grand theft for vita??

+ Stringer2355 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

Digital Day 1 Release ?

+ IIL0YDII on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

If we are going to get ,crappy port like you did with RDR and never patched framerate drops, then no, I wont buy your game on PS3, I’d wait for Steam sale like -75%.

+ zingakun on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:28 am said:

Amazing!

I really wish the steelbook were mandatory to every game release. They’re so beautiful and offer more protection to the discs than that plastic cases.

+ RoyalBloodMike on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:30 am said:

I’m definitely gonna get the collector’s edition!

+ Boyanime010 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:31 am said:

Wii GTA 5 come to Sony’s PS4?

+ Boyanime010 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:31 am said:

Will GTA 5 come to Sony’s PS4?

+ Boyanime010 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

Will GTA 5 come to Sony’s PS4?

+ Boyanime010 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

Will GTA 5 come to Xbox One?

+ Zezzler on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:46 am said:

Those characters that come with the Collectors Edition better not be exclusive to that. I want to play as Niko Belic, but not for 150 bucks personally.

+ mixedkidbx on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:55 am said:

The collectors edition for GTA IV was a lot better….. IMO

+ mixedkidbx on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:56 am said:

I thought the money bag was a shirt at first, which would have gone nicely with the hat.

+ yazter on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

Darn it, guys, I JUST changed my underwear >:(

+ whatisdelicious on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

This seems cool but not worth $150. The GTA IV collector’s edition is still the best collector’s edition ever made because it was stuff I can use on an everyday basis. I used the duffel bag until it broke. The sticker is still on my laptop under my left hand as I type right now. The lockbox got me through the first couple years of college. The keychain is still great.

This stuff? Eh. The blueprint map would be fun to have framed, I suppose. I would never wear that hat. I could use the security deposit bag as… a bag to store… something? I don’t know. That’s not as useful as the duffel bag was. The steelbook is boring. The digital content looks all right.

It’s better than 90% of collector’s editions out there, but from Rockstar, for GTA game, I guess I just expected more.

+ TripleKiIl on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Do you have a word on how well optimized this game is for ps3?

+ Ryumoau on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

i wasn’t blown away with GTA4. It was way too serious and not as fun to explore. I’ll probably just rent this new game from gamefly. i’m alot more excited for Saints Row 4.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

SR4 SLIGHTLY > GTA5….IMO .. BUT IF I WAS TO GET THIS GAME IT WILL BE USED. :P SAINTS ROW FULL PRICE..SINCE THEIR GAME WILL ALLOW MY CHARACTER TO HAVE SUPER POWERS..LOL

+ materclobber on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

GTA for vita guys!!!! cmon… psp had like 4 GTA’s

+ akisuo on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

The moneybag will look good next to my GTA IV security box. Plus my son will like the snapback hat, since he’s into all that. Definately getting the collectors edition. So excited.

+ toology01 on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

Please bring this to PS4!!!! COming out so late in the year close to new console releases Ill be saving my money and selling my PS3 to upgrade as im sure will alot of people. Last game I will be buying for this gen ive already decided is The Last Of Us. I really want this game, bring to PS4

+ boob-monster on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

I kind of like grand teft auto 4, and i may give this one a try to, someday. But right now my absolute priority in gaming is getting the ps4 so ill stick with ps+ discounts, and cheap games untill the ps4 release.

+ Kokocinski on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Explain this Grand Theft Auto Online mode … if you can :)

+ pOcHo_OX on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

GTA for Psvita please!!!!!, I want the special ed

+ MickeyWard09 on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

I agree with the posts above calling for GTA on the Vita. What the heck, throw in Red Dead while you’re at it Rockstar! RDR on Vita would be incredible.

+ FE_RR on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

will the standar edition come with the traditional city map??, and the game itself will have blimps?? or this is the only way to fly one in the game?

+ snakeeyes211 on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

The collectors edition is really not worth the price. Because you’re paying an extra 70 bucks for a hat and the bag and the bag you’ll probably never get you self. the DLC is cool but just like in Max Payne when I bought the collectors edition you’ll probably release it later on as DLC or as part of a season pass

+ xFuzylilManPeach on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Looks great! Most definitely gu

+ xFuzylilManPeach on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

*gunna be getting one of these! :)

+ snakeeyes211 on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Grand theft auto4 came with the lock box a key a art book a soundtrack and of course the game.Am my leaving anything out and it was only$79.99

+ snakeeyes211 on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Grand theft auto4 came with the lock box a key a art book a soundtrack and of course the game.Am i leaving anything out and it was only$79.99

+ lyfestory on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

ill stick to the regular version, but at least i will buy it new when it comes out.. on disc.. not via pre-ordering..

i cant figure how anyone would want Saints Row 4 over this.. personally, the Saints Row series is just a juvenile attempt at a game.. only reason i bought them was thru the super low THQ sale.. i will not be buying SR4…

and how can GTA5 be a crappy port? they are developing it on the PS3… not PC, as everyone knows, or they’d be releasing it on PC at the same time..

cant please everyone, as usual…

+ snakeeyes211 on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Please bring the game to playstation4

+ snakeeyes211 on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Now I have a question is this Steelcase the same size as all other PlayStation game cases or is it generic and more of the size of the Xbox cases please respond to this question

+ MaestroX on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Waiting for the PS4 for this.

+ Syrlis on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Rockstar has made bold claims about the size and detail for this game. Yet the box art shown on their pre-order page shows the xbox360 game case to be the normail size. At best you can only get two discs in a normal sized game case. How am I to believe that Rockstar is taking true advantage of the space available on bluray disc to make a GTA game that really pushes what the ps3 can do? That would mean ATLEAST using 4 discs for the 360 version to really meet their claims about this game…It really really worries me because of how gimped GTA:IV was because they were contractually obligated to make both versions (360/ps3) of the game equal. Yeah it sucks for gamers on 360 if they have to keep swapping discs to play it, but that microsofts fault…please don’t disapoint!

Btw, what is going on with Agent?!? Is it still ps3 exclusive or did they decide to go ps3/ps4?

+ pudgenet on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

This is 2013. Will we be able to simply purchase the digital version? Frankly — and this should make you happy, Sony — I hate physical media. Please encourage more digital purchases, make this available to us *and* tell us soon it will be available so we can plan our purchases.

+ Gadirok on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

So I was this close to preordering the collector’s edition until I saw the $150 USD.

Pffftt… made me chuckle in real life. I’ll wait until GTA 5 goes on sale.

+ TwinDad on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

This is so what is wrong with the industry and why sales are down. Collectors Editions, and for the record, yes I know they effect me and I can ignore them. You spend hours and hours of what could be development time to get a collectors edition to sell for $150. The extra items cost rockstar maybe, seriously maybe $30. And you Charge $75 extra for it.

To add extra insult to it, hardly anybody buys these things and they rot on retailers shelves and they end up having to clearance them out at 50-75% off. They take the loss not Rockstar.

Ever wonder why retail sales are down year over year?

+ Welmosca on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Hoou…I want that cap and the map ha….thats a decent collector’s edition.Oh and please dont make this game for PS4…if you guys do….well I wont be buying.

@ Boyanime010 – Whats your problem?….please stay quiet.Don’t need to spam.

+ DoTheKiller91 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Oh man, this is so tempting!

+ Flypn5 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Digital Day 1 Release ? If yes, Can we pre-order digitally and get the bonus?. Sorry for my English :P

+ HeySumbode on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

Please let this be a Day 1 digital title that has pre-loading…

+ slayer2678921 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Will pre-orders made before today still get the blimp?

+ DarkOne_PR on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

GTA FREAKING SSSSSSUCKSSS!! wake me up when “AGENT” its finally unveiled.

+ Welmosca on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

@ 36 Syrlis – Good comment but you should know that no multiplat devs know how to use PS3′s full potential therefore they do not use blu-ray’s full capacity…that you can only have with PS3′s exclusives…and Sony’s help…thats why PS3′s exclusives are indeed the best games.And this will go on wih PS4.

+ OneMoreVillain on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Laugh out loud that “Collectors Edition” is a joke at 150$ right? For a purse, a key, a cap, and a printed map, and a bunch of pre created digital content? This is definitely one for the extremely hardcore GTA fans only.

Seeing that digital content makes me wonder how much of what made GTA fun did you crop out in favor of micro-transactions. Worst case scenario I will hold off for the PC version and just wait for the glorious modders.

+ tusunami on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

You can count me in on this yeeeaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ JnF_Gho5t on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

Pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition. They should really add a soundtrack though.

+ GhostMachine1 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

$90 extra seems like a lot for a cap, bag, map, art book, and DLC.

PAGE 1 2