Uncharted 4

Destiny: The Law of the Jungle

DeeJ's Avatar + Posted by DeeJ on May 23, 2013 // Community Manager, Bungie

Back at Bungie, we’re all hard at work gearing up for the big show in June, but we didn’t want to leave you empty-handed heading into E3. To whet your appetite for Destiny’s gameplay reveal on June 10th, we’re releasing a CG/live action trailer that features three Guardians in action. The spot, titled “Law of the Jungle,” was created in collaboration with director Jon Favreau, actor Giancarlo Esposito, and visual effects house Digital Domain.

See you at E3!

PAGE 1 2

+ Teflon02 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

interesting in deed, hopefully isn’t like halo

+ Shadow-Man_4 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

I have yet to see the “actual” game-play so I can’t really comment on this, but it looks a promising game and I hope you show us more gameplay demos/trailers at E3.

+ Zezzler on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Wow, It’s cool to see that the gameplay reveal will happen at the PlayStation E3 Conference! I guess this is really showing Bungie’s dedication to the PlayStation Platform.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

And vice versa. It’s been great to get to know the PlayStation guys and have them as guests in our studio. They’ve… seen things…

+ DrApollo on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Cool looking world!

+ Orejillz on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Yes, their support for the PlayStation platform actually has me hopeful. The fact that they’re doing all their big announcements with Sony and providing exclusive content for PS3 and PS4 is amazing. But like #1 said, I just hope this isn’t a re-skinned Halo, if it isn’t then it is a definite purchase.

+ DigitalReveller on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Now that’s how you do a trailer, well done.
I second what #1 had to say though.

+ rabidninjamonky on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Cool, it”s Gus from Breaking Bad narrating the video. I just watched the season 4 finale on Netflix last night. Greatest show ever!

+ D-Squad3 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Great to know it will be at Sony’s E3 press conference!!!

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

We hope you like the trailer, PlayStation gamers. You’ll learn a lot more about Destiny when we take Sony’s stage at E3. And, we’re thrilled that we’ll have a chance to welcome you all to the Destiny community.

+ Senju_Karim on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Pretty good trailer! Did I see a black hole in one of the character’s hands? O.O

+ xFuzylilManPeach on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Excited to see this at the conference!!! :]

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Not as excited as we are to be there. There’s more to come, Guardians.

+ mitchayo on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Gus from Breaking Bad… good decision. First trailer that makes it a world, not just a game.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the gameplay at the E3 press conference!

+ supermoc10 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

I loved the trailer. It was very well made. Although I’m not surprised as it’s a Bungie trailer.
Can’t wait for the gameplay reveal at E3.

The Destiny deal that Sony has will give the PS4 a HUGE advantage IMO. If it’s like the CoD deal then the PS4 versions of the Destiny games will likely be the ones advertised. With Bungie’s talent and Activision’s money, Destiny will NO DOUBT be one of the top 5 IPs of the next-generation.

+ supermoc10 on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

HI DEEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m a big Halo fan (bought my Xbox and my 360 for Halo) and I’m glad you guys are bringing your games to a wider audience now. The PlayStation gamers will not disappoint you.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

It’s so cool to have the chance to welcome you all to the Bungie community. We’re pretty psyched to hear what you all have to say about Destiny in the coming weeks. We’ll see you at E3!

+ Heavenly_king on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Awesome. It looks to be an interesting game so I will keep an eye on it :D

+ LURKING_WOLF on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

what is playstation showing at E3 ?
also thank god we get hands first on destiny news
destiny belongs to the playstation nation! ^_^b

+ SolidSnakeSSx on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

I’m not sure if you can answer this, but if the gameplay reveal going to be an actual onstage live demo or a gameplay trailer?

+ LURKING_WOLF on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

also awesome trailer and that was my idea to fight on the moon like that also on mars and other stuff

+ TheConstantine on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Love Bungie and with the way the XBone is going love to see that Sony is still dedicated to gamers. Looking forward this.

+ BAD-KID_ on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Welcome Bungie.
I can not wait to buy Destiny for X360, PS3 and PS4.
Versio XBOX One later.:)

+ HE1SENBERG on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

The Law of the Jungle? A man provides for his family.
– Gustavo Fring

+ Go_Buddie_Go on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Ohh Sony, you clever gals. You countered Microsoft’s Call of Duty Ghosts reveal with your own gameplay reveal.

Xbox One reveal got a worldwide gameplay reveal of Call of Duty Ghosts.
Sony’s E3 Press Conference is going to get Destiny gameplay reveal.

I cannot wait for E3! :O

+ XtemmA2 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

I’m not that into FPS games, but if this is THAT good on PS4, i’ll jump in and pull my bros with me.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

You’ll need your bros in Destiny, if you are to join us. The strength of the wolf, after all, is the pack. We’re creating a game that is much more fun to play with your friends.

+ NightHawk17 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Can’t wait! This is gonna be my go to multiplayer game for the PS4.

+ IrishDude2 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Loving the look of this game so far. Please don’t make it anything like Halo. Leave the Halo stuff to the Xbox where it belongs. Us PlayStation gamers gets the good stuff so wouldn’t want that to get ruined

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

+ XtemmA2 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

@23 We cannot wait for E3!

Also, was it going to be another new console reveal there? Rumor called it as “Xgone”, i dunno.

+ Zacky-V-A7X on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Oh god! that looks beyond awesome! dat art potential! OMG can’t wait for the gameplay reveal at sony’s conference!

+ lordErk on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Giancarlo Esposito! Nice choice! Game looks great!

+ Kchow23 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Pollos Hermanos!

+ LandmineSalesman on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

This is excellent, finally the Playstation only guys will get to see why Bungie is one of the best devs in the word. Halo is one of the best FPS’s I have played.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Stop. You’re making us blush.

+ IcedDice777 on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

I like you Bungie, i’ve enjoyed your games…i know Activision is bankrolling this title and i’ll be willing to hold my nose and deal with the incoming microtransaction galore bound to Destiny.

Give us a single player/Offline mode option and LAN support and i’ll buy your game.

Otherwise, i’ll spend my hard earned $$$ on games that offer single player/Offline modes as options.
My .02

+ supermoc10 on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

@33

The game is meant to be played as an online shooter. You’re pretty much asking for an offline MMO.

+ Mrp7792-X on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Does this confirm a Walter White downloadable skin?

+ IcedDice777 on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

@34

My good sir… see, Bungie is selling/promoting Destiny to us as an Action Rpg shooter while “avoiding” calling it an MMO.
If joe gamer loves MMOs and is always connected online then this game is for him.

If you want to play offline and/or don’t have/don’t want to connect online…then Destiny is not you.

An offline/single player or LAN mode would get more people to buy/play their game imho.

+ RecklessOnion_ on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Please tell me this is running at 60fps on PS4

+ Sajuk on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

I think Destiny will bridge the gap between this current generation of console to the next, Destiny looks amazing and will be a big reason why I pick up a PS4.

+ NickMulder on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

I can say with the utmost confidence that this game will be a must-buy for the PS4! The Halo games were great but to be honest, I think what you’ve created here will surpass Halo with ease. It’s great to see Bungie working with Playstation! I was ecstatic when I first heard about this game and the exclusive content coming to Playstation only makes me even more excited! Looking forward to owning this the day it releases guys!

+ XtemmA2 on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Please ignore #28. I’m kinda out of manner due to the lack of sleep last night. Forgive me.

+ android92 on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

After years of having to go to a friends house to play Halo, I can finally play a Bungie game on my playstation!

+ angibri2000 on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Welcome to PS family Bungie! Question, do you guys use the DS4 touchpad at all for your game? I can definitely see the inventory management possibilities with that touchpad.

+ Doaner on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

” They’ve… seen things…”

DeeJ is that a Blade Runner reference???… I love that movie!

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

I cannot confirm attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion in Destiny at this time.

+ Doaner on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

LOL

+ CoolNumber9 on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

I could not be more excited for Playstation @E3 this year, thank you Bungie!!

+ tusunami on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

This looks promising for sure, need more info.

+ LordDeff07 on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Ok… This game comes out in 2014 right? Wouldn’t it have been better to only focus on next gen consoles instead?I can’t imagine how thin you guys must be spreading yourselves. I also think that there should be a law against CG in game development.

Secondly, this will be the first Bungie game I will buy. (play Halo 1 for 20mins doesn’t count). This is my promise to you guys, I will buy this game regardless, simply because its a bungie title and I have heard so much about the team. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME!!! Or no amount of space or time will save you guys from me.

+ i-Lo on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

I know cutting edge graphics have neither been their focus, nor their forte. That said, after looking at the CG, I do hope (after Bungie have fine tuned all story, gameplay, interactive elements) we get close to it in real time on PS4.

Good luck, Bungie.

DeeJ's Avatar

+ DeeJ on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

You’ll have to be the judge of that. The new tools that we’re using to build this brave new world let our artists do some pretty amazing things. As a long-time Halo fanboy, I’m really excited about the things I’m seeing in Destiny – even at this stage of development.

+ NYPUNK88 on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

Very cool.

+ Enigmatech on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Post your Paypal email so I can send you guys money right now!

Ummm, on second thought I’ll wait for the PS4 version, just millions(?) of seconds longer…

PAGE 1 2