PS4 - Transistor

Epic Mickey 2 on PS Vita This June with Enhanced Features

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on May 23, 2013 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

Epic Mickey 2 on PS Vita

We’re always looking for new experiences to bring to PS Vita owners, and many times it’s as easy as looking at the extensive catalog of games that make up the PS3 library. The powerful hardware included in PS Vita has no problem handling PS3-quality experiences on the go, and we’re excited to bring another PS3 title to your favorite handheld. Today we’re announcing that PS Vita owners will be able to check out Disney Interactive’s Epic Mickey 2 on PS Vita next month, on June 18th.

Epic Mickey 2 comes to PS Vita with a number of new features that are only made possible with PS Vita’s unique touch capabilities. On the backend, we’ve added things like ad hoc network functionality, but we’ve also implemented new ways to control the game. You’ll be able to control paint, thinner and Oswald’s electric beam using the touch screen, as well as use orientation-based controls for both the camera and while driving.

Epic Mickey 2 on PS Vita Epic Mickey 2 on PS Vita

You’ll find added touch screen functionality elsewhere; use it to give instructions to AI, select/drag/drop sketches, burst bubbles and projectiles, and navigate all menus.

We think that Epic Mickey 2 will be a great addition to the ever-growing games line-up on PS Vita, and know that we’re continually searching for the best games—whether brand new titles or ones existing already on PS3—to bring to PS Vita gamers everywhere. Until next time, game on!

PAGE 1 2

+ kdiep on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

I do like. Who’s porting the game? Junction Point no longer exists.

+ Dpen00 on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

No retail release sucks. You definitely lost my purchase and I’m sure I’m not alone with this decision. I’m sick of all these PSN only releases. My memory card is full enough as it is. I’m tired of having to decide what to get rid of just to make room for something else.

I love supporting the Vita and try to pick up as much content as I can. Give us a break with all these download only games. Better yet, make a bigger memory card or better support for swapping them out. I know a lot of people complain about the current pricing of memory cards, but we bought them anyway. Make a larger capacity and ill buy that too.

+ EmperorKorea on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

…why?

+ ValinEndac on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

I will definitely be picking this game up, but probably not on release day as my gaming catalogue for the Playstation Vita is full at the moment.

+ GhostMachine1 on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

Please release the first one on the vita too! I am getting this. :)

+ Superstone on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

Injustice Gods Among Us on the Vita!!

+ DelicaGunz on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

I am definitely buying this for my Vita!!! Expanding the Vita library is very important to its success!!

+ wwwdotjames on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

HOW BOUT FIXING THE PINBALL ARCADE DOWNLOAD ERROR EVERYONE IS GETTING!!!

+ ast123456 on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

WTF? Why isn’t it coming for retail? It doesn’t make sense at all!!

+ andrew_63 on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

can you tell me if this version is going to have online multiplayer? and the price of the title?

+ dantedrive007 on May 24th, 2013 at 12:08 am said:

hi ino this comment has nothing to do with this post but i have a question because today i bought street fighter alpha 3 max and im having problems with the game since i bought it yesterday i spent 10 on it and when i play my character moves on its own and the start button,, doesnt work idk wat to do becauze a month or two back i purchased monster hunter freedom unite and it would work then glitch and the screen goes black ive downloaded it over and over again same problem and i spent 20 on that idk i can get a reimbursement for it but it would be appreciated and i love both those games and i cant play them any other game i have work black rock shooter and the warriors so ino its not my vita and idk wat to do i spent 30 dollars on two games i cant even use i need help please

+ AV-X14 on May 24th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

I automatically decided I would buy this until I saw it was digital only. Shame. Now I won’t buy it–just like I would have bought Earth Defense Force but didn’t.

I don’t like having my games locked to a virtual account that limits my access to things I pay for, and I’m pretty sure a lot of people feel the same.

$4.99 and I’ll consider it.

+ UnrealButcher on May 24th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

So looking around I see you can get this game new for $40 on 360 and PS3, and this game just came out in November 2012.

So did the game just suddenly get a price cut on those systems or are we basically paying console price for this game on our handheld? Is this what I get to look forward to in the future? Getting to pay close to what console gamers pay.

I’m fine if it launched at a higher price ($50-$60) and just dropped, but if it launched at $40 on these systems, then not so much. This needs to have comparable graphics and frame rate if I’m expected to pay close to the same price for this, and have to make room on my memory card. JMO.

+ LayonD_BR on May 24th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

If it cost more than $30,00, won’t be fair. A digital-only game can’t cost more than $20,00

+ LA10_AGGIE on May 24th, 2013 at 8:39 pm said:

~$40 for a game that failed (for the most part) when it was on consoles….meaning it has no history of being put together well, too much for me. I’m sure some will buy it because it has Mickey but I’m guessing the majority of Vita owners are more knowledgeable and know of it’s history and will wait for a price cut.

+ Toadamus on May 24th, 2013 at 10:13 pm said:

Buying this

+ Elvick_ on May 24th, 2013 at 10:51 pm said:

Thanks for confirming me NOT buying it by doing a digital only release.

+ BramStark on May 26th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

More PS3 ports please! Woooohoooo!

+ joefranco85 on May 26th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

I’ve played the first epic mickey on wii and was really cool, hope that this one would be better.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on May 27th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

I was excited after seeing this game will be getting a Vita port, but digital download only? Sorry but this is a deal breaker for me. Those Vita memory cards are expensive as hell.

+ Vicarious_Gamer on June 6th, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

I would have so gotten this if it was a retail release. I dont like downloading large full games onto my memory card. They are too expensive to fill up so fast. Guess i’ll just settle for the Jak and Daxter trilogy.

+ Whatee on June 18th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Is this PSN only? or is it also a retail game? And how much is it?

PAGE 1 2