PS4 - Destiny

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS3 8/27, Collector’s Edition Details

Matt Hilton's Avatar + Posted by Matt Hilton on May 23, 2013 // Senior Online Community Manager, Square Enix

PlayStation 3 gamers have been waiting a long time for their chance to set foot in the realm of Eorzea. The wait is almost over — Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will come to PlayStation 3 on August 27th, 2013!

We’re also announcing our pre-order details and Collector’s Edition content! We’ve created a host of exciting goodies for would-be adventurers; let’s run down what you’ll get when you pre-order the game.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonuses

Gamers who pre-order will earn early access to the game before the launch of the official service, and some exciting in-game goodies. Step foot into Eorzea in style with a Mog Cap, fashioned after the famed Final Fantasy moogles, and summon your own Cait Sith Doll minion to follow you around on your adventure!

The collectors among you won’t want to miss the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition!

What’ve we got in there…?

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition

• A gorgeous box featuring artwork by famed FINAL FANTASY illustrator Yoshitaka Amano
  • The Art of Eorzea: – A Realm Reimagined – A hardbound art book, featuring concept art and more from Art Director Akihiko Yoshida and his team of talented artists
  • The Waning of the Sixth Sun – A Blu-Ray disc that features a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
  • The Sounds of Eorzea – a collection of music from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn by Sound Director Masayoshi Soken
  • Five beautiful art cards created by the amazing CG artists at Square Enix Visual Works
  • A FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn branded security token to secure your account
  • Four In-game Bonus Items:
  • - Helm of Light – Look like one of the fabled Warriors of Light when you equip this exclusive helmet
    - Baby Behemoth Minion – Summon this cute, but ferocious miniature version of Behemoth and watch him roar with excitement as you adventure through Eorzea
    - Coeurl Mount – Only the bravest of warriors are able to tame and ride the mighty coeurl. Show off your prowess with this exclusive mount
    - Behemoth Barding – Customize your Chocobo with the fearsome Behemoth Chocobo Armor and charge into battle
  • And of course, the game itself!

Visit your preferred retailer today and pre-order the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition for $79.99, or grab the standard edition for $39.99. Simply pre-order either edition to get the goodies I mentioned earlier!

Don’t forget that phase 3 of our Beta Test kicks off in June, and we’ll be inviting PlayStation 3 gamers from around the world to try the game and give us their feedback!

I’ll be in the comments below to answer any questions you may have, too! You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums.

We can’t wait to see you all in Eorzea!

+ DarkOne_PR on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

PLS PLS PLS SE START WORKING ON FF7 REMAKE ALREADY! PLS DO IT FOR PS4! Ill forgive u for failing Ps3 players this generation by Going Multiplat with FF13 and by totally milking and for totally screwing us with FFvs13 not never ever being released. and for giving Kingdom hearts to the 3ds instead of the Vita… and for NOT EVER DOING A Kingdom Hearts on this console gen! Just give…. me…. FF7 remake!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

The only question about this game is whether or not it’ll be a bigger bomba than the FF movie.

+ Elite-Rico on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

I’m playing Final Fantasy 11 on pc right now waiting for this game to release, wondering why they havent put XI on the psn store yet. doesnt seem like a difficult task seing as 360 has it. Guarantee there will be some hardcore people who will prefer XI over XIV or possibly play both.

+ TerraAshura on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

After getting burned badly with how the first run of FFXIV went and buying the Collector’s Edition of it I remain cautiously optimistic this time around. Still, it looks like there’s actually a good deal more for the collector’s edition compared to the original version so I may just pick it up. Regardless, as a longtime FFXI player I’m hugely excited about the overhaul and glad the beta is getting some more time this time around (when I got accepted the last time, the beta ended after 2-3 whole weeks) so I’m definitely looking forward to it. At the very least I’ll be picking up the basic version of it.

+ OahuGrown on May 23rd, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

oh em gee!!! Best news evar as i turn on my internets this A.M.!!! KUPO!!! #ibelieveinsecondchances

+ aibaby on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Going to pick up the collector’s edition, for the simple reason that I have the collector’s edition for the PC when it first came out, haha.

+ hardknock55 on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Man i really wanna play this but on my new ps4 when i get it. Hopefully it’s released for the ps4 i would hate to have to buy another ps3 after my just broke not to long ago.

+ ltn2150 on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

if only u included the caith sith doll… a physical one… so sad…

+ tusunami on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

I will have to get this for sure, can’t wait for the beta for PS3.

+ ArchAngelMai on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

Still going to grab this on PC. Don’t want to have to rebut it later for PS4 so that I can continue. Glad the bonuses are nice, might just grab CE again.

+ Axesul on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Man, when I saw the collector’s I was thinking the game was gonna cost $150! Seeing $80, however, makes this a must PreOrder! Can’t wait! :D

+ Faythi on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

Hi Matt,

Hope you see this. If I buy FFXIV Collectors Edition for PS3, will I be able to use my login from my PC on the PS3?

I was a 1.0 PC Legacy user but I’d like to play on PS3 instead. Thanks!

+ darkwonders on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

If we buy the PS3 version and link our PSN account to our SE account, will we be able to download the PC version for free to use since everyone is on the same server?

+ Ryumoau on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

No way in the world am i paying $40 for the game PLUS a monthly fee. Thats just greedy on Square Enix’s part.

Especially considering how poorly the PC version of FF14 was received at launch.

+ venneer on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

@ExiaQuanta425 (#50)
IF I’r right (which I really hope not to be, but think I am) you are not reading it correctly.

A 30 day sub will be 15 USD. A 90 days sub will be 14 USD PER MONTH, so 42 USD. And a 180 days would be 13 per month so, 78 USD total.

A complete rip-off.

+ Othalo on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

In an age were Free-to-Play is becoming the norm for MMO’s I don’t feel that monthly subscription is a good way to go. I would love to play this game, but I’m not willing to pay a monthly.

+ DarkOne_PR on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

the highly praised by the press Guild Wars 2 Free to play…… vs a trashed by the press MMO and still wants to charge a monthly fee…. sorry squareenix uve been doing all the wrong moves. Im telling right now i prefer to pay a full price tag (59.99 standard and 99.99 C.E.) and have it free to play than whats being offered. sorry SE was pumped for it and was gonna buy C.E. until 15 monthly was seen.

+ JaDub2k on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

Hey, New Video post on youtube for those interested, Tour of Eorzea part 2 =)

Being a Japanese game, F2P doesn’t (if at all) have a strong foot hold in japan. And I feel quite thankful for that lol
If FFXI (11) can go 11 years (as of this month) P2P then this can do it too.. And true P2P is not as attractive but at the same time it serves as its own filter, new content coming every 2 months (3 max) and you never need to worry about the developers focusing on the business model more then pushing out content. Seriously what do want for nothing. You pay for nothing, you get nothing.

@65not exactly, thats for people who want to pay ahead of time.. though i’m fine with just 15$ for a month lol

True XIV launched horribly but that was 1.0. But that game don’t exist anymore & this is a COMPLETELY new game. If you bought the original 1.0 version your getting a free copy of ARR + 1 free month. If you bought the CE your still getting a free more + any in-game items that come with the new CE + 1 Free Month

+ JaDub2k on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

And on top of that, seeing that they rebuild the entire game from the ground up, new dev team, new everything.. Even having having problems @ SE HQ, giving us free copy’s of the game (if you bought 1.0) and all of this…. Just to make us happy lol They would never make there investment back if the game were to go F2P and the New CEO of SE has gone of record saying that “We will be providing funding for what works, and removing from what doesn’t”. This game must succeed..

+ EmperorKorea on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

this was announced 4 years ago. typical square enix.

+ Apeman24 on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

Just went and pre ordered both versions (collectors is not in the computer for them yet, but I will get it when it does ), just so they can sit on my FF shelf, I am not paying monthly.

+ exjraordinary on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

How about some PS Vita love, kingdom hearts birth by sleep, crisis core, bring out final fantasy agito, exclusive final fantasy vita game, new parasite eve, lord of apocalypse localization. You guys are crying about not making money but wont localize games that would definitely sell on the content starved vita. Independent developers are saying they are making more on vita than steam. Also, with the soon price cut this summer you will sell tons.

+ exjraordinary on May 23rd, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

Hardcore PS3 buyers = bought a vita
RPG lovers = love playstation
RPGs on vita = lots of sales

+ Bloodios on May 23rd, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Here’s hoping the folks at Sony can work out some deal with Square Enix so that us Plus member can have some sort of discount for subscription fee.

+ StalkerD on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:23 pm said:

I know this is off-topic, but I can’t waste an opportunity of maybe having a Square-Enix member read this.

Please release Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on the PSN! Those are some of the best PSP games out there, and definitely some of the best games released by Square-enix in recent memory. There is a huge fanbase of PSP-Go and PS Vita owners that are dying to play these master pieces, but you are not making it any easy for us. Please, work with sony, put those games on the PSN, make them compatible with the PS Vita, let us play them. Don’t let these games be restricted to UMD disks and old PSP models.

Please, as a long time fan of the company, as someone who has played every FF since the first one in the series, release these games on the PSN.

Thanks.

+ Kurokami_Izanagi on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:29 pm said:

I’m so hyped up now.Just this announcement alone is enough for me to pre-order the Collector’s edition.I can’t wait to enter the world of Eorzea.

+ KnifingGrimace on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

Sold.

Been waiting for this since the beta for 1.0. I played to the end of 1.0 and became a legacy member. Unfortunately, I have a terrible PC, so the whole time I have been waiting for the PS3 version. Definitely going to save up for the CE. I don’t think I’ll be disappointed, seeing all of those amazing bonuses. Those are beautiful.

+ altrodesi on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Can’t wait. Is this world as rich as Sword art online?

+ aznexcav on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

Eww monthly fees…. The only thing square related excite me is FF X and kingdom Heart remake.

+ Hep_Cat on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

Probably not still around answering questions, but:

Will the PS3 version require a disc to install?

I pre-ordered the PS3 collector’s edition through Square Enix’s website. At the bottom of the confirmation page it says, “This order will be shipped after the release date of 8/27/2013 for FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn.”

If the PS3 version does require a disc to install, does this mean I won’t actually get early access?

+ Grayfox2k8 on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

I’m hyped.

When can we pre-order the digital version through PSN?

+ iREVOLTER on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:56 pm said:

Monthly fee, really ? Why can’t we just buy the game once(like GW2) and play it online, is this that hard to make?
Anyway, any news about digital release on day 1 ?

+ geassuser87 on May 24th, 2013 at 12:24 am said:

I have an idea for Square Enix.

How about you make it free until say…. level 30 or something. If people like what they saw, then they can pay the monthly fees and get the full experience of the game.

This way, those who are not into the monthly fees idea but are fans of final fantasy can get the taste of the game and most probably more than half of them will consider to pay the monthly fees.

+ Grayfox2k8 on May 24th, 2013 at 12:55 am said:

@83

You get a 30 day free trial.

+ Reizon_1986 on May 24th, 2013 at 4:06 am said:

Glad you get a 30 day trial, just wish it was coming out abit sooner than 27th of August, been testing since alpha, its like i’m being teased.

+ Elranzer on May 24th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

Everyone asking about Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4… you gotta realize that neither Sony nor Square Enix are going to answer that now. Especially not in a forum.

We’ll find out at E3 if they plan on a PS4 version.

+ BKWillis on May 24th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Will there be a beta reset at the end of the test or will the beta characters remain current progress, stats, etc at launch?

+ clokez77 on May 24th, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

So the preorder bonus, to allow early access, I am assuming this only applies to digital copies? That’s not going to work if I say, preorder from Amazon.com?

+ Haku_Legacy on May 24th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Why are so many people asking for FFXIV to be F2P? It’s not going to happen, most games that go F2P is mainly cause they were not doing as well as expected and to repay the investors they go F2P with cash shops etc.

FFXIV has no investors since SE is the one managing and making it so F2P not going to happen.

This game also come with 30 day free trial, you want to test it out and see if it’s worth the monthly fees then you have a whole month to decide.

@ 87: Phase 3 will be the last reset for character stats etc. Once Phase 4 (open beta) comes in, the character you make and level will remain intact at release.

Yoshi-P has answered many of these questions in his live letters and can also be seen on the lodestone forums.

+ Jesstival on May 24th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Any word on PSN digital preorder? Or PSN day one digital? I would much prefer a non disc version, and would hate to preorder now only to find out PSN is coming.

+ TetsuyaKenshi86 on May 24th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Will exist some discount for those who purchase both versions (PC and PS3)?

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on May 24th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

long wait now let the good games began.

+ vip-Oman on May 24th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Hi Matt Hilton
Great i can’t wait to play the game will buy the Collector’s Edition

(((But i have one question)))
sorry for my English

It’s hard for some of us (like me) ^_^ to pay a fees by the (credit card) because i don’t have one
So can we pay the fees by PS store? it will be easy for us

+ Fede_Flego on May 24th, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

I signed up to the Beta for phase 3 several months ago, Should I sign up again now?

+ Lezarth87 on May 24th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

I feel dissapointed because ps3 and PC servers Will share… This game Will be filled with hackers in no timé and obviously those are going To be PC users…they should divide ps3 and PC servers and that a why i wont be buying this final fantasy. I love FF games but i dont stand hackers

+ PrinceofXIII on May 24th, 2013 at 11:17 pm said:

goodies looks nice :)

+ Hooligantuan on May 25th, 2013 at 3:56 am said:

Already looks terrible, but it’s delightful watching Final Fantasy crank out the same J-Pop Fantasy feathered wolf hair hero drivel one reiteration after another in a sad stumble searching for relevancy in the contemporary market.

Maybe one day they’ll realize the MMO treatment isn’t doing the franchise anything good.

And “Eorzea”? What a phonetic disaster of a name.

+ MaximusDM on May 25th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

How do trophies work if I am switching between PC and PS3? Are they retroactive?

+ Haku_Legacy on May 25th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

@95
FFXI shared servers with PC, PS2, and 360. Sure PC players had windower but that didn’t make them innately better than the console players. Also SE has a very strict policy on hacking pretty much the moment you’re caught you’re perma banned.

@97
FFXI has been going on for 11 years now and still getting new subscribers everyday. I call that a success. Just cause you don’t like MMO’s and seem to have disdain for the FF series is no reason for you to come post on a comment board about a FF MMO. You should keep your highly opinionated ideas and resentment to yourself.

+ Eagleeye595 on May 25th, 2013 at 8:03 pm said:

All i know is i am buying CE for my PS3 even though i already own a PC version from the days when the game was in a state i’d rather forget… my point? simply means that i have been waiting for many years since XI died down for me after 8 years of playing it daily, for this gem to come and it has finally arrived… thank you Enix for not letting it die and i assure you we the fans will respond in kind. I for one will buy CE for 2 reasons. #1 to own it for my collection and #2 to show my support for what SE did by sinking a ton of money in to the game to have it rebuilt from the ground up… please if you reading this and are a true fan of final fantasy and a gamer at heart you will understand why Enix deserves our support this time. Hope to see you all in Eorzea.