PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

May 27

May 27

PlayStation Plus Update: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Free For Members

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hey PlayStation Plus fans, the first thing you might notice this week is the notable lack of Morgan in this post. Not to worry, he’s taking a quick break as we ramp up to E3, and I’ll be trying to fill his shoes in the meantime. With that sorted, on to the content!

We have two Timed Themes this week that Plus members will want to check out. Vita fans need to also be sure to pick up BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend for free. Beyond that PlayStation Plus members are getting a handful of discounts for PS Vita and PS3 games. Check out the details below!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

May 28th PlayStation Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update 5-28-2013

Fuse (Timed Trial)

PSN Price: N/A, Free Trial for PS Plus members

Fuse
When a volatile alien energy source called Fuse falls into the wrong hands, the CIA calls in an elite contact team to retrieve it: Overstrike 9. Join up to three friends in co-op play as you deploy lethal teamwork and fringe-tech weapons to take down the rogue paramilitary corporation behind the theft.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Timed Trial)

PSN Price: N/A, Free Trial for PS Plus members

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Sly Cooper and the whole gang have returned with another epic adventure for the PlayStation 3. The pages of the Thievius Raccoonus are disappearing and Bentley, now keeper of the ancient master Thieves book, must round up the gang and save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $24.99; PS Plus Price: Free)

Blazblue CSE
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND is the definitive version of the Continuum Shift series, which includes character balance tweaks, a new character, Relius Clover, story modes for all previous three DLC characters: Platinum, Makoto, Valkenhayn, new modes, and improved online multiplayer!
Hamilton’s Great Adventure (PS3)

50% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Hamiltons Great Adventure
Hamilton’s Great Adventure puts your problem solving and timing skills to the test. Outsmart the enemies, rush through the levels and collect all the bling in this co-op action puzzle game.
Draw Slasher (PS Vita)

30% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $5.99; PS Plus Price: $4.19)

Draw Slasher
Meet Hanzo. He’s a ninja. While he was training ‘out there’ the Pirate Monkey Zombies™ – stupid, ugly, smelly, rotten and disgusting creatures – kidnapped his family. Take control of his awesome blade and aid him in the quest to free them.
Germinator (PS3)

25% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)

Germinator
Germinator Bundle (PS3 and PS Vita Bundle)

40% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)

Germinator
Germinator twists the bubble genre, wiping away match-three. Crash germ bubbles into those of the same color to combine, grow and explode into splattering goop. 150 story and puzzle levels, local multiplayer, unlimited arcade mode and crazy multi-colored bubble germ personalities will keep you cleaning house. Move controller support adds a messy good time!

Last Chance (Leaving on 6/1)

Instant Game Collection

• SLEEPING DOGS DIGITAL EDITION

Discounts

• DARKSTALKERS RESURRECTION + SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II (FG BUNDLE)
  • Metro: Last Light Season Pass

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

So tell us, what are you most excited for this week? Your comments and feedback matter, so leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. As Morgan always says, “See you in the comments!”

PlayStation Plus Update 5-28-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 7

skyzap said:

May 27th, 9:02 am

skyzap said:

May 27th, 9:03 am

Can’t wait for June plus update.

IzoGray said:

May 27th, 9:05 am

Hopefully this is the last update with a fighting game for Vita. At least for a long, long time.

klassymike said:

May 27th, 9:05 am

Nothing for me again this week!

psycho_maniac189 said:

May 27th, 9:07 am

what’s for free? lol. looks like nothing.

joufes said:

May 27th, 9:09 am

no option in the voting for “nothing for me this week” already own or dont care for the rest of whats there.

klassymike said:

May 27th, 9:10 am

Blazblue for the Vita is free this week.

Zanir9x said:

May 27th, 9:11 am

Hi Sony and Playstation wanted to know something.

How we can request to you or to the publisher put some games on the PSN Store? Already tweeted to you and the respective publisher.. but no answer till today… Really want for these games, not only me, many of the community too, we want pay for it not free, so it’s a good chance for you and the publisher… ;)

Valkyrie Profile 2 as PS2 Classic
Valkyrie Profile 1 as PS1 Classic (Not the one from PSP)
Final Fantasy 12 as PS2 Classic
Final Fantasy 10 as PS2 Classic (Even will come in HD Remastered)
Final Fantasy 4 as PS1 Classic (Not the one from PSP)
Chocobo Racing as PS1 Classic

Basically all the games from from Square-Enix, but these are the one most wanted at least for me…

Also… when a discount to Ni No Kuni?

God Of War – A on the PSN, nearly sure many of us are waiting to buy it digitally instead of disc…

Appreciate it if you can take a look at this request and maybe communicate to the appropriate team on SEN, Sony or Square-Enix

Thanks!

PiotrRasputinBR said:

May 27th, 9:13 am

Any word on a fix for Pinball Arcade?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:48 am

Hey Piotr,

Sorry for the delay in replies, I spent Monday with friends and family as it was a holiday in the US. We’re aware of the Pinball situation, and are working to provide a solution. Stay tuned, as I’m told that solution is on its way.

thecontroller92 said:

May 27th, 9:14 am

hey, just a suggestion. Plus has been offering a lot of fighting games for the vita recently. Some other game of different genre would be nice

GeoDarky said:

May 27th, 9:15 am

i love this month PSV offers, thanks

thebgj said:

May 27th, 9:16 am

I know the PS+ games are not for everyone, so its definitely not for me. Even if i had a vita i still dont like fighting games. I hope someone out there is enjoying another free game. Keep’em coming PS+

ChrisHighwind said:

May 27th, 9:22 am

Really, the only thing that interested me this month was Sleeping Dogs. Oh well, here’s to hoping the June PS+ update gives something good, like Ratchet & Clank, or Midnight Club, or any other title I’ve had my eye on since I picked up my PS3 this month.

stalemate666 said:

May 27th, 9:23 am

Don’t think just because blazeblue is winning the poll that we want more fighters, we don’t, a free game is just better then timed trial or crappy discounts.

maxharger said:

May 27th, 9:23 am

@ zanir9x why don’t you take the self-entitledment down a notch or two and understand this a fan service that caters to promoting interest where it wanes, and continuing playstation loyalty, not your individual needs. you sent a tweet to the publisher and expected that to get you what you wanted, where the h3ll are you from?

Tjoeb123 said:

May 27th, 9:23 am

Before anyone jumps in here and starts complaining about fighting games, let me remind you that BlazBlue is one of the BEST of this generation. Not to mention, music by Daisuke Ishiwatari!

Also, AT LEAST play it for the Story, if anything. (Which is actually pretty good!)

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:49 am

I’d have to agree, Tjoe, but thanks for your words of support for such a cool game.

Tetranacious said:

May 27th, 9:25 am

#PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES spread the word! ( ゜∀゜)彡

Superstone said:

May 27th, 9:26 am

Can you fix the video service? One time download? Really? Make it like Cinemanow!!

CaptainRadical said:

May 27th, 9:26 am

Weak

trustyourpilot said:

May 27th, 9:28 am

Hey Paul,

For the Last Chance, it says June 1st. Should it say June 4th instead?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:49 am

Correct, trust, we’ll get that fixed. Good eye.

aelurio1980 said:

May 27th, 9:28 am

And the pinball arcade? Nothing to Member Webcams who can not download the game on vita or ps3?

supermoc10 said:

May 27th, 9:30 am

Excited for BlazBlue, I played the first Continuum Shift and had a ton of fun with it. I’ll definitely download it.
Here are some games I’d like to see added to IGC: Sonic Generations, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Red Dead Redemption.

#PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES

valoiz3386 said:

May 27th, 9:31 am

i have to say this was the worst month for me…. u gave us sleeping dogs, how its a good game, but everthing else was really crappy… also now we have 7 bad/cheap ps3 games at the library.

WTF with a pinball game (i can play that on my oficce pc… and never did it.)?….. malicius its awfull, Knytt was a complete deception (uglyes game ever… looks like was made on paint), joe danger a 1 time played game and labiryth heroes was just close to playable… and now ur taking out sleeping dogs next week!! took out darksiders / darksouls and gave us ugly games?

June for PS+ Eu:

El 29 de mayo: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Full Game + DLC)
El 29 de mayo:ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
El 29 de mayo:Demon’s Souls (Full Game)
El 5 de junio: Rayman Origins (Full Game)
El 5 de junio: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

We at May= 1 Full game.. everything else its not even playable… also crappy games say at IGC willegood ones leaves really fast…

US playstation + services need to be cheked….

felipeUmbra said:

May 27th, 9:31 am

Great month for Vita guys =)
What about errors Pinball Arcade Vita?

natefrog611 said:

May 27th, 9:32 am

Im going to perdict that the June update will bring us Red Dead and Batman A.C. for FREE!!!

Oh who am I kidding… This isnt EU….

Megrim23 said:

May 27th, 9:32 am

I’m not interested in much this week but I’ll probably add BlazBlue to the download list anyway. I bet next month should be MUCH better though. I’ve only had my Playstation 3 for 2 years but both years they did something special in June when E3 came around so I have got my hopes up for next month. Never been disappointed with Plus though, there’s plenty more good games than bad games in my opinion.

yowzerz said:

May 27th, 9:33 am

Thanks for Blazblue on Vita. Already own the physical copy, but would not mind the digital version! However, I can’t believe the horrible released date schedule for Vita games this year. I know the Summer-time drought generally takes place every year on all systems, but the Vita is portable and perfect for transporting to cottages, vacation destinations, etc. This reminds me of last year, when we had to wait 4-5 months after launch for Gravity Rush (a new title) and then nothing for 4 months until Little Big Planet at the end of September. So far the best games I’ve enjoyed was Ninja Gaiden 2 and Sly Cooper which was 4 months ago! Before the community jumps down my throat about Soul Sacrifice, it just wasn’t the kind of game I expected…sorry…Muramasa looks amazing, but 40 bucks for a side scrolling port I have already played several years ago is not cutting it Sony!

DonkeyKongKilla said:

May 27th, 9:34 am

What happened to Morgan? hah. Looking forward to June’s update.
@Nate – They already gave us Red Dead lol

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:50 am

He’s taking a well deserved vacation!

WanyaRolf said:

May 27th, 9:37 am

@ Paul Sullivan: Just a question: when a game leaves IGC it become unavailable for everyone, or just for PS+ members that haven’t downloaded that and newcomers alike?

This whole month was very weak, perhaps the weakest since I have joined (two years, now?) I really hope they’re saving something for next month, with E3 and all that could surprise us. I have many games to get into, so I’m trying to be patient about PS+, but it is in a decay. I hope they pick up the pace soon.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:51 am

Wanya,

Just unavailable for those that didn’t d/l it while it was free on Plus. As long as you grab something while it’s free on Plus you’ll be able to d/l it again later as long as you stay a Plus member.

valoiz3386 said:

May 27th, 9:39 am

Recomendations:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Dead or Alive 5
Heavy Rain (should be at PNS…)
Catherine
Resident evil revelations.
Nini Kumi: and the withe witch
Flower / Flow
Hell yeah!!
Resident evil: racoon city + some DLC.

U have a lot of good options from the PN game… why a pintball game?!! germinator ?? Knytt? wtf?? why are u taking out full games like demonsouls/ darksiders to gave us pns cheap/ugly games (not even good ones like the cave…)

Why cant we recieve at least 2 full nice games in one month like ps+ eu?

BlueBl1zzard said:

May 27th, 9:42 am

Will definitely be picking up Blazblue. I guess I’m one of the only ones not tired of vita fighters yet haha :p

@Paul Sullivan Will there be a Plus update next Monday? I’ll be going on vacation next week but I planned on picking up some vita stuff before I go. The possibility of a Plus update next week is impacting my decision of whether I should buy the stuff now, or wait and see what may be coming to Plus in june.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:53 am

Blue,

Yeah there will be an update next week, but I’m not sure what all will be in it yet.

Jakintosh said:

May 27th, 9:43 am

@23

Knytt Underground is a beautiful, deep, amazing game. Just because you didn’t give it a chance, or think it’s “cheap” or whatever, doesn’t mean it isn’t one of the best games in the IGC right now.

@Playstation

I agree completely with the whole fighting game overload on Vita. I don’t really mind that much, but there hasn’t been one Vita IGC game for me since Gravity Rush on day one. I’m really not a fan of fighting games, and it gets a bit frustrating that there seems to be so many in the Vita IGC.

rebell1186 said:

May 27th, 9:44 am

Games i would like to see next month on PS+ IGC:

1. Batman Arkham City
2. Catherine
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Doom 3
5. Ico & Shadow of the Colosus
6. Limbo

And thanks for the update!

steadydecline said:

May 27th, 9:48 am

pinball fix?

steadydecline said:

May 27th, 9:48 am

pinball fix???

valoiz3386 said:

May 27th, 9:50 am

@23 In what way its ” beautiful, deep, amazing game”? just a picture at the background with black plataforms and ugly characters. Was the worst game i had donwload so far. Char walk ugly, bad dialogs, no voices, no cinematics, meh music…. I dont own a ps3 to play stuff like that… or pinball games… i could have it game at my notebook… and even there i have better games…

Dangisuckatgamin said:

May 27th, 9:50 am

Guess they think Vita has sold more than console….
Isn’t that two free games now for PS+ members for VITA this month?
Very disappointed, probably not going to resub on my PS+ name.

omegavitaminc said:

May 27th, 9:52 am

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend is a great game! Congratulations to all the PS+ subscribers who don’t already own it! I look forward to seeing the online servers become more active.

chavez1138 said:

May 27th, 9:54 am

I also need the option “nothing for me this week”

Dangisuckatgamin said:

May 27th, 9:54 am

@#32
OMG! Kyntt is FAR from the best.
Please never mention BEST near KNytt Underground again.

mistafish said:

May 27th, 9:55 am

BLAZBLUE!!

Dangisuckatgamin said:

May 27th, 9:57 am

@#38
I wouldn’t expect a large number, half my friend list are PS+ members and most don’t own vitas.

Xanzar said:

May 27th, 9:58 am

So umm any hopes of bringing Photokano, Clannad , or the Project Diva series to the West, Phantasy star online 2 is also a must have. not surprisingly the japanese vita store has a lot more to offer. Please try to bring some Triple A titles west, even if its only being subtitled it will still be loved. During the software drought pulling from the networks other regions would seem like a wise idea to “always” have a fluid drop, even during the summer.

:D thanks for reading, and hopefully considering

b00kthree said:

May 27th, 10:00 am

One free game. It’s for vita. I don’t own a vita, and won’t anytime soon. Last month wasn’t much better for me. The month before was better. Plus isn’t turning out to be such a good value for me lately.

triedallthem said:

May 27th, 10:00 am

@Paul Sullivan
There have been a few suggestions to add Ico & Shadow of the Colossus to PS Plus IGC, and I think it’s a great idea. I’d personally be fine with just Shadow of the Colossus. Please suggest it to your fellow PlayStation guys.

@37
That’s way wrong. Us PS Vita owners haven’t been getting much @ all. They’re probably trying to make up for the lack of content.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

May 28th, 7:54 am

triedall,

Thanks for the suggestion. Properly noted!

ItaChu said:

May 27th, 10:02 am

Blazblue! …. got it already lol add me if you wanna play or do trophies :)

P.S. ….we could do those 3 Team Trophies ;)

Cant wait for E3 …. its rumored Sonys gonna change the 3 games that havent changed in a year (LBP2, I2, R&C:A41/ U:GA, GR, WO2048) next month… i hope thats true that would be AWESOME! :)

CommandingTiger said:

May 27th, 10:02 am

Here’s what Sony could do with it’s Gaikai Cloud Gaming Network.

Here’s how it works:

You go online and view all the games available, players could then select the game they want to play and instantly play it for a rental cost. The amount of time you would get would be different from a rental you would get from a retail rental. Instead of calculating it by a certain amount of time (a week) it would be calculated by the amount of hours played.

Say you rent for 10 hours or 35 hours, you could play for a few hours a day anytime you want without time restriction (returning the game) and play until your play time is depleted. That being said, you could play it anytime during a year with a limited amount of play time. You would get different prices for different play time.

PS plus members could also get either additional time or a discount.
You already know that PS Plus members gets a 1 hour free trial, that would stay there.

ItaChu said:

May 27th, 10:03 am

well #44 i hope your at least activating these vita games on your account so that when you do get a vita …. you already have a bunch of games and dont have to buy any ;) DO IT!

greghove79 said:

May 27th, 10:03 am

Nothing for me this week. Even if I owned a Vita, which I never will, I wouldn’t want another lame fighting game. The discounts and trials are absolutely terrible, of no interest to me in any way. 1 star out of 5

gusty81 said:

May 27th, 10:03 am

I understand that this is a funny week with Morgan being out of the country and all, but the complete lack of acknowledgement that last week’s Plus offering The Pinball Arcade STILL doesn’t work is tremendously disappointing. You can do better, you guys.

PAGE 1 2 3 7