Driveclub

The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on May 28, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us on PS3

The Last of Us arrives in just a few weeks. We’re happy to let you know you can pre-order the full digital edition of the game starting today on the PlayStation Store. The game will be a Day 1 Digital download — this means you can get it at midnight on June 14th. The digital edition features a unique download installer which will allow you to start playing the game once the game data is a little over half way downloaded.

The Last of Us is a universe rich in character and story with many facets that we could potentially explore for years. We’re getting started by announcing that there will be three packs of downloadable content for The Last of Us available after the game launches.

If you want to lock in all three of those DLC packs at discounted price, step up now and grab the Season Pass. The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is available for pre-order now on PlayStation Store — only $19.99 for three DLC Packs. This is a 30% savings over the pricing of the DLC packs individually. The Season Pass will be available at your local GameStop when you pick up The Last of Us, as well. Unique to Season Pass buyers are the following Day 1 bonuses:

The Last of Us on PS3

Day 1 Bonuses

• Increased Crafting Speed
  • Increased Healing Speed
  • 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
  • Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell. The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.

Pre-Order the full digital edition of The Last of Us as well as The Last of Us Season Pass now on the PlayStation Store. Not going digital yet? Look for the Season Pass when you get your game in retail stores on launch day, June 14th, 2013.

+ Assassin–CP9 on June 10th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

The Digital version can played on two ps3 consoles , right ?
so am i able to paly multiplayes through network ? or the network-pass is only valid for one console ?

+ the-tiger5505 on June 11th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

i pre-ordered the survival edition
can i play on 2 ps3 consoles ??

+ jafg_1285 on June 12th, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

Hello,
I already own the portuguese version of The Last of Us Ellie Edition!
When will i be able to redeem the promotional codes and play multiplayer in Portugal?
It would be great if someone from Naughtydog or Sony could tell me the “Day” and the “Time”.

Thanks. :-)

+ NellyK on June 12th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Not a complaint, but more like an observation/feedback…

What is the benefit of pre-ordering the Last of Us if I can’t pre-download it? This seems like a simple convenience that Valve has been doing on Steam for years. If I give you money in advance, I should be able to fire it up at 12 midnight. Is there a technical reason why this can’t be done?

+ minute-of-decay on June 12th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Will the day one DLC be available after day one. For instance say I pick up the season pass a month later. Will I still get all of the day one bonuses? I mainly wan to get the 90min making of.

+ shadow_walkerOZ on June 13th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

I’m in Australia and it is now well and truly after midnight on June 14th, which is the release date here, but it just keeps saying “The content is not available before the start date” and giving me the error code 8002951E
If I have to wait till morning to download it, I’m gonna be pissed since I could have just gone to a store, bought the game on a disc and gone straight home and played it in less than 30 minutes and for probably the same price or maybe a little less.
I’ve got the day off work and was planning on playing this tonight but I guess I might as well just go to bed.

+ MaKiBah on June 13th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Hi, I’m in the uk. Will I be able to download the game at midnight? If not, what time will I be able to? Seems a legit question, but I can’t find the answer anywhere.

+ quarksundco on June 13th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

It seems that it will be downloadable @ 12AM PST.

+ JayAstro on June 13th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Will the season pass stay at the price of 20$ after the game come out?

+ SplayedAsterisk on June 13th, 2013 at 8:39 pm said:

Oh no, is it really 12am PST? that’s bogus guys. basically ruins the point of midnight release for anyone not in your timezone. even on the east coast of the same country it’s too late to be worth staying up. we’ll see in 20 minutes, but these comments have me worried. shoulda been able to preload.

+ wjang on June 13th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

It says in the store that the installer will be 126 MB and the game will require 27 GB to install.

+ crobar77 on June 13th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

How will I know when I can download my digital pre-order from PSN? It’s 12:07 Eastern Time.

+ BL33Zy315 on June 13th, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

aight its 12:15 and it still aint installing??

+ sonintega on June 13th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

So I’m not the only one that doesn’t understand how this midnight download thing’s supposed to work?

+ BL33Zy315 on June 13th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

I mean if i gota wait it aint that big of deal but yall should be more specific with your times cuz this is the only reason im awake right now lmao

+ Mr_Rankovic on June 13th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

Sony thinks the world revolves around PST!

+ Nasugo on June 13th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Can someone clarify this?

I just bought the digital download version of the game off of PSN, but the only thing in my downloads folder is the “Pre-order Theme”

I don’t see any ~130 mb installer that the page mentions.

Will I not see this until 3am EST?

Help =(?

+ U_NUMB_NUTS on June 13th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

In what time zone is it supposed to be released digitally on PSN? It’s my first time doing this. X.x
Btw, ND you guys never cease to satisfy me with your games *_*

+ zZ_KingCarter_Zz on June 13th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

So not TRUE about the Day 1 Digital of The Last of Us … 00:43 here and still no download possible!

+ Nasugo on June 13th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

I’m really getting worried about this…from what I’m reading, no-one in the US is getting the actual installer file from PSN. Every other region got an installer file when they pre-ordered off of PSN.

People on the ND forums think that the installer might show up after 3AM EST, but the fact that other regions got it earlier and we didn’t is still troubling…

I mean, seriously, this is a huge release for ND and Sony. How could they mess up the digital release by *forgetting to make the installer file available for an entire region*?!

+ Loves2Fist on June 13th, 2013 at 10:26 pm said:

so i have it pre-ordered on psn cuz the gamestop in my town wasnt having a midnight release. its 12:25 and its not on there for downlond wft…

+ Mr_Rankovic on June 13th, 2013 at 10:35 pm said:

Sony NEEDS to reconsider the way they deal with “timezone issues”. This is 2013 for Christ sake… Get on with the time. For a global company, that doesn’t seem very serious.

+ igorrocks2 on June 13th, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

WOW 25 Gigs I have unlimited and 250 mbps but guyes don’t you think you over worked God this is biggest game I will ever download

+ igorrocks2 on June 13th, 2013 at 10:45 pm said:

1 more hour can’t wait pre-ordered PS4 today as well bought Eye Camera and second controller already have 2 moves and 1 nav controller

+ SkeanDhu42 on June 13th, 2013 at 11:13 pm said:

“Day one”? Really, Sony? REALLY?!?

When you tell people to “come back after 12:00AM on day one,” you might want to think about either specifying the time zone or ACTUALLY HAVING THE DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE AT 12:00 IN EACH TIME ZONE. I’m tired, cranky, and very disappointed.

+ UMMMTHEDESTROYER on June 13th, 2013 at 11:15 pm said:

yo, it’s an hour past the release of Last of Us and I still can’t DL the game. What’s up Playstation?

+ ToFeY on June 13th, 2013 at 11:18 pm said:

still waiting for this to be available for download :’) AAAAAAAH

+ elparlun on June 13th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

almos 12 where i leave and still dont see the game .___. really sony really? 8–)

+ Rotten_Ramen on June 13th, 2013 at 11:36 pm said:

I live in New York and its nearly 3Am, if I don’t see this game available for DL in half an hour I’m going to lose my shyt. Super stoked about the game though. However I don’t think I’ll be pre-ordering things from PSN anymore. Its not my fault that i live in the future/EST.

+ Rotten_Ramen on June 14th, 2013 at 12:06 am said:

WTF it is now 3AM and guess what ? Still not available to DL, great job Sony.

+ SmokeAdellic on June 14th, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

Can I cancel my digital pre order now…I will definitely never digitally pre order again.

+ UMMMTHEDESTROYER on June 14th, 2013 at 12:08 am said:

I love you Sony but next time I’m just going to have to preorder from LameStop. It’s 2:08am in Chicago and still no game. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

+ Rotten_Ramen on June 14th, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

SmokeAdellic speaks the TRUTH!

+ wjang on June 14th, 2013 at 12:10 am said:

anyone is US get the installer file?

+ Ososteezy on June 14th, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

So did anyone else realize the download option disappeared -_-

+ Mr_Rankovic on June 14th, 2013 at 12:14 am said:

LOL Sony is clearly taking a piss at us

+ iatethem on June 14th, 2013 at 12:15 am said:

Yeah, got to love the 3am time to actually download this game and it just disappears.. lol

+ CapitanRoger on June 14th, 2013 at 12:16 am said:

All i got was a Static Theme, no downloader file. In the Playstation store the option to download the game is not present anymore. What’s the deal sony? Anybody else have the same problem??

+ Adan_E7 on June 14th, 2013 at 12:17 am said:

sooo what the actual fck??……

+ Rotten_Ramen on June 14th, 2013 at 12:18 am said:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Now it shows up on psn with no option for me to DL manually.

+ sonintega on June 14th, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

Sooo, pretty sure nobody working the PSN will be reading this until morning, but it kinda sucks to not be able to start that download now, considering it’ll take the rest of the night to download enough of the game to play it. So, yeah. Kinda lame you guys.

+ luisreyes007 on June 14th, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

I don’t want to see the Overview button anymore… :(

+ Adan_E7 on June 14th, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

i just want to start the dl and go to sleep already!!! hurry up sony!!!

+ xXPlatinumFireXx on June 14th, 2013 at 12:21 am said:

this is bullcrap cant believe we are expected to wait this long for a game

+ luisreyes007 on June 14th, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

Just got the download button!

+ said02joker on June 14th, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

CapitanRoger the same problem in Mexico

+ warwithdrawals on June 14th, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

garbage

+ sonicemerald on June 14th, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

well, last time i’m pre-ordering a digital game on PSN… I thought I could download it during the night… but geez, 25gbs? I don’t want to leave my old ps3 on that long…
I should just be patient and wait for my amazon copy to get here… and somehow get a refund from sony…

+ xXPlatinumFireXx on June 14th, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

i didnt get download button

+ Brienstock on June 14th, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

@luisreyes007: Did the Download button appear in the store page for you? What region in the world are you in?