Driveclub

Castle of Illusion: Reimagining a Classic

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar + Posted by Mai Kawaguchi on May 30, 2013 // Sr. Digital Brand Manager, Sega

When we announced Castle of Illusion on PlayStation.Blog back in April, we told you that we’d be back to share some Behind The Scenes videos. We’re back with the first one today.

Watch the video above to see the game director and the art director of the original Castle of Illusion for Sega Genesis (1990) reflect on the development of the original game. In this video, key members of Sega Studio Australia will also give you a glimpse of the upcoming re-imagined version of the game.

PAGE 1 2

+ SpooNManX on May 31st, 2013 at 6:08 pm said:

Is there any chance we will get to play the original Genesis version along with this?

+ james3thebeast on June 1st, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

another vote here for a vita version! please, we love you guys for making this, but this would be best for vita!

+ Nooterman on June 1st, 2013 at 6:17 am said:

I will buy this if SEGA announces Yakuza 5 localization and Valkyria Chronicles HD collection(or 4). You announced the Casual stuff for Wii U, give us the hardcore. Announce Shenmune 3 for PS4 and I will buy 3 copies of that and 2 copies of every game you release afterwards.

+ togue on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Looks great but the PS3 is going to be obsolete soon, I have had mine since launch and plan on trading it in this fall for the PS4. I have been hesitant on buying digital PS3 content because of this. I think this game would make more sense on the VITA.

+ monone18 on June 2nd, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

We need good games like this on VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ AAV600 on June 3rd, 2013 at 6:37 am said:

Love the fact that my generation grew up playing this, Now my daughter and her generation to get to play this reimagined classic.

+ Stargazr64 on June 3rd, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

No Vita, no buy.

Please share this rather popular sentiment with your bosses.

+ LukenAtMe on June 5th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

Wow, senpai, looks like there are quite a few gamers here who want a Vita release. Add me to the list. This is a great game to have on the go. Make it happen.

+ LukenAtMe on June 5th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

I would like to add that I played the original on my Master System with my sister. Most of my friends had that other system. This game made me happy to own my SMS.

PAGE 1 2