PS4 - Destiny

The Last of Us Demo Now Available in God of War: Ascension

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on May 31, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us on PS3

If you were wise enough to purchase a copy of God of War: Ascension, you can now pop that disc into your PS3 and download the demo for The Last of Us. Instructions for installation came with a voucher code inside the Ascension case, so find that flyer and get to downloading! If you’re having trouble finding the flyer, just insert your God of War: Ascension disc into your PS3, select “The Last of Us™ Early Access” on the main menu, and you’ll be taken to the PlayStation Store to download the demo. Once downloaded, simply find it on your XMB and install it to start playing.

The demo features the Outskirts level of The Last of Us, in which Joel and Ellie, along with Tess, will encounter multiple Infected enemies. Runners and Clickers have distinct behaviors and methods of attacking you. You’re going to need to explore the environment and scavenge your surroundings for items and objects that might give you the kind of offensive or defensive advantage that suits your play style.

The Last of Us on PS3The Last of Us on PS3

If you’re already sold, this demo should sate your hunger for the full game until it launches (just over two weeks from now!). If you haven’t read or seen much about The Last of Us, hopefully this demo will pique your curiosity to pre-order The Last of Us today. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ MarinoBrea on May 31st, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

!!!!

+ Gorvi on May 31st, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I won’t be able to get my kids to bed fast enough tonight so I can try this out. ;)

+ xeno3d on May 31st, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

An error has occurred.
(80023017)

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 31st, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

We’re working on fixing this with the PS Store teams. Lots of people want to play!

+ Zechs34 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

I kept getting errors and now I cant even access it under the God of War main menu!

What’s going on?

+ Cyclone4EVER on May 31st, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

I keep getting the error too

+ xeno3d on May 31st, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

It’s downloading now!

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on May 31st, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Keep getting error here as well.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 31st, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

It’s being worked on. Lots of people are trying to download. Please try again later!

+ ItaChu on May 31st, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

this post is gonna get so much hate right now….

You press the Download button and it doesnt download ….. eroor error error …. and your like well i pressed the download button maybe its on the store on my download list ….

and oh the store is under maintenance …. great well let us know when the maintenance so we can download the demo

PERFECT time to make the store have maintenance ….seriously….

+ Cyclone4EVER on May 31st, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

If anyone is downloading the demo, how big is it?

+ M_sevi on May 31st, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Same error here !!!

+ Formulita_2k on May 31st, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

SONY FAIL

You cant handle a demo, what expect us when the full game gets released ??

+ Kalil86 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Whew!!!… Thought it was just me getting an error, I’m still trying, but nothing yet… I’ll try one more time and try again later… Ughhhhh✌

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

I’m getting errors too. There’s no excuse for this. You knew how many people bought god of war so you knew the load that would be hitting your servers right now. There was even a countdown so there was no reason to not be prepared.

And launching the download from the gow disc just means we have to sit through ridiculous loading screens before initiating the download. What was point of including it on the disc if we need to download it anyway? Why not just provide a download code?

+ xeno3d on May 31st, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

It errored out again and now its not even listed on the god of war menu… lol

+ MacJunegrand on May 31st, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

I can’t see the option under the God of War menu neither. It was there today, when all you could see was the countdown, but now it’s gone. And I get an error when I try to access the store by itself.

This is such a silly thing, had they allowed the demo to be played when GoW:A was released… Yes, there would still have problems due to massive access, but putting a countdown on it only makes that problem bigger, since everyone will DEFINITELY try to access at the same time.

+ M_sevi on May 31st, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

error (80023017) ……. T-T

+ ItaChu on May 31st, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

ok so i got past the download button …but it just takes me to a popup screen that has nothing but a close button on it so i have to go back and forth on that :(

at least the demo appears to have the bought icon next to it now… so i guess itll be on my download list for sure now ….

+ Kalil86 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

So bothersome….

+ M_sevi on May 31st, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

No PS Store too …. T-T

+ And89LB on May 31st, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

If the demo stops appearing on the Front End of God of War Ascension Quit the Game via the impose screen and relaunch it on the XMB

+ surgesnugs on May 31st, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Sony, seriously, what is wrong with you? It’s pretty much a given at this point that you’re going to screw things like this up. I PRAY that you are majorly upgrading your network and store for the next generation. Plus, why even have it go through the game disc? Just put a code in the box, although with the game a week away, I’m not sure why everyone isn’t just being given access to this demo at this point. You consistently make things more difficult on yourself than you need to. Do you really think anyone bought GOW:A two months ago so they could have access to this demo a week before the game’s release?

+ diablo103 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Alight so I cant even get to the main menu on GOW:A ever since the last update. The game only loads to the WARNING screen then freezes. Please fix the game. Also please don’t release demos like this ever again its ridiculous.

BTW called PS Support. They told me I would be able to download the demo through the PSN Store without having to load GOW:A any truth to that?

on a side note while I love the aesthetics of the new PSN Store the load time is horrendous. I would rather go back to the older version thanks.

+ Kalil86 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Can’t access my downloads either… Wow!!!

+ Stringer2355 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

I thought this would end up being a Multiplayer demo since they were holding back for the Multiplayer reveal

+ leovmBR on May 31st, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Seriously? Maintenance now?

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on May 31st, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Same error worldwide.

Congratulation Sony, me and my friend predicted this Last of Us Demo would be a caos.

As would day Nathan Drake: “IN YOUR FACE!”

+ And89LB on May 31st, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Either my last comment didn’t post or this will appear as a double-
@Eric any chance of MP news soon wish we had a countdown for that too so we didn’t have to bug you guys at ND about it

+ TiMoBaRRz on May 31st, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Its not working for me either. This sucks, I cant even load my download list. Once again Sony has dropped the ball and has made something difficult that should’ve been painless. smh. All i get is error messages for everything i do. smh. ##80023017 #80711008 Thanks alot Sony

+ Adrian_B_AWESOME on May 31st, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Calm down, it’s a demo.

+ MacJunegrand on May 31st, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

“Do you really think anyone bought GOW:A two months ago so they could have access to this demo a week before the game’s release?”

I think you mean, “so they COULDN’T have access to this demo.

+ SpooNManX on May 31st, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

ERROR…..

On a similar note, why make people buy GOW to play this demo?
Isn’t this what Plus is for?? (“early access to betas and game demos”) The last time we saw tis was LBP Karting in November 2012??

Or how about giving the customers who already BOUGHT The Last of Us via PRE-ORDER a chance to download the demo?

+ Lester17 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Finally!!!!!!!!!! It’s downloading … What a relief wheeewww

+ RXL209 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

whats even funnier is after knowing it doesnt work yet the blog still says its available

+ MalGanis-DL on May 31st, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Not funny man, not funny at all

+ Matthew60two on May 31st, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

it should be back up now!!!! the last of demo just re-appeared for me just now!

+ Xelvania on May 31st, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Well, I’m able to get to the download screen for the demo. But I still get the error has occurred message when I hit download. Good job Sony. Way to screw it up.

+ happydude633 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Wow, what a bunch of babies. You do realize the game/demo is rated M correct? Are you not old enough to understand how many people are trying to download at once? Or how about knowing to wait a bit more…for a DEMO. Geeze and to think that I believed Sony gamers to be the mature ones from the other two consoles.

+ TiMoBaRRz on May 31st, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

This is more than demo to me because it will let me know if the game is what ive been hyping it up to be, one of the greatest games of our times, or just a “good game” like bio infinite was.

+ ElektroDragon on May 31st, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

ERRORS!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!! SO LOOKING FORWARD! FOR MONTHS!! PLEASE FIX ASAP!!! Sorry for caps, but I really am shouting!

+ RXL209 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

i think sony just got me to buy an xbox1

+ And89LB on May 31st, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

I got a brief glimpse of the demo size it was 132MB but that might be wrong. Sony might be pushing the demo to there store and only a partial amount of the size was shown. Te reason I say this is because it errored out on the activation screen

+ Matthew60two on May 31st, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

GOD DAMNIT SONY

How could they NOT prepare for this? What’s the point in offering this free demo when it doesn’t work as advertised? Sure I know TONS of people are downloading this BUT this could of been prevented if Sony would of just get their act together. I bet if the download went up on Xbox Live it would of worked just fine :(

good job sony, keep up the great work

+ happydude633 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

#38…good thing the game releases in two weeks so you have more than just today to find out what you really want.

+ TiMoBaRRz on May 31st, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

If you arent a Ps Plus memeber, you shouldnt even be speaking. Plus members should have been the only people to get the demo early in the 1st place. Sony knew hardly noone would buy GOW:A so they used this cheap tactic, and it worked. I bit.

+ JTruF210 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

This is why the demo should have just been on the disc and we had access tomit 2 months ago

+ Xelvania on May 31st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

@happydude633 It’s not like they had only 1 week to prepare something like this. They had over 2 months to get this ready. Plus, there was a countdown timer. There’s no excuse for this sort of thing. You’re the one who isn’t acting mature at this point.

+ Formulita_2k on May 31st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

This remaind me the launch of Diablo 3… Another big fail !!

+ locobeast87 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

I will try to download this a few more times, if I get another error screw it, i’ll just wait until the full game comes out.

+ happydude633 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

#44…I was a member but my membership ran out in May. I think spending my money on my summer school books is more important you childish troll. I’m a level 19 with 29 platinums so shut your face up.

+ JTruF210 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Great, now PS Store is undergoing maintenance so we cant even try to get it from the downloads list.

I love Sony but this is pretty representative of their problems this entire Generation

PAGE 1 2 3 6