PS4 - Destiny

The Last of Us Demo Now Available in God of War: Ascension

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on May 31, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us on PS3

If you were wise enough to purchase a copy of God of War: Ascension, you can now pop that disc into your PS3 and download the demo for The Last of Us. Instructions for installation came with a voucher code inside the Ascension case, so find that flyer and get to downloading! If you’re having trouble finding the flyer, just insert your God of War: Ascension disc into your PS3, select “The Last of Us™ Early Access” on the main menu, and you’ll be taken to the PlayStation Store to download the demo. Once downloaded, simply find it on your XMB and install it to start playing.

The demo features the Outskirts level of The Last of Us, in which Joel and Ellie, along with Tess, will encounter multiple Infected enemies. Runners and Clickers have distinct behaviors and methods of attacking you. You’re going to need to explore the environment and scavenge your surroundings for items and objects that might give you the kind of offensive or defensive advantage that suits your play style.

The Last of Us on PS3The Last of Us on PS3

If you’re already sold, this demo should sate your hunger for the full game until it launches (just over two weeks from now!). If you haven’t read or seen much about The Last of Us, hopefully this demo will pique your curiosity to pre-order The Last of Us today. The Last of Us will be available June 14th, 2013.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 31st, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

@happydude633 – I never said your books for school wasn’t important, but you actually caring about what people think of you that you’re most likely never going to meet isn’t. It doesn’t give you any upper hand on them if you write oh I care more about this than that blah blah blah. You trying to validate yourself on here which commenting should be more directed in general to the post itself, not anything about you’re college, not seeing rapid arguments that gets translated to the point where it was nothing to do with the post itself. Yet claim to be mature, the mature thing to do would be to walk away. Not to try an attempt of validation. I’m not arguing against your personal life outside of gaming, but is this really the time or place to do it? Now it’s definitely past 1:00 everywhere in the US. Shouldn’t you be going somewhere? I’m just trying to pass enlightenment to stop the stupid bickering back and forth. If you’re really mature you’ll know what to do.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 31st, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

(the comments are moving around people that use comment numbers, use I.D.’s instead so there’s no confusion of whom you’re talking to)

+ TiMoBaRRz on May 31st, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

And to think none of this would have happened if PSN was as robust as XBL. lol

+ PAPAROLO on May 31st, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

Niceee, gotta now i have a good reason to finish work ASAP and get back home!

+ xeno3d on May 31st, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Really short demo. Can’t wait to dig into the full game now!

+ ElektroDragon on May 31st, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

That was a really short demo…. it was like… explore, explore, craft, explore, nothing happening…… BAM ambushed by 10 zombies/infected at once. I died 3 times on a normal before I developed a tactic for survival. Which is….. RUN!!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 31st, 2013 at 11:36 pm said:

You’re going to have to always be on your toes and thoughtful in the full game. That’s just a small sample.

+ Mobius2525 on May 31st, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

So when is the demo going to br up for Plus members?!?!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 31st, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

The demo is only available for God of War Ascension disc owners. We have no plans to release it otherwise.

+ colonel005 on May 31st, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

PLEASE HELP!

When I first boguht GOW:A in the menu screen (when you select Single Player, Multiplayer, Extras) I had the option to select the Last of Us demo. I ignored it because I knew it wasn’t available.

The problem is that I don’t have the option anymore! I already deleted every save file, game file, etc and it doesn’t appear. I downloaded 1.07 again but nothing!.

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THE DEMO??!!!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 31st, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

The button should be back now that PSN is online. Please check again.

+ shmagegy on May 31st, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Why do you need god of war to play last of us demo, last of us is a naughty dog product, god of war isn’t.

+ TylerTheDestroye on May 31st, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Sorry if my comment was removed due to Sony’s comment policy.
Here’s the gist of what I said: Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. Sony is- or, rather- was working hard to get this demo out for you, and all you’re doing is complaining that it’s not available. Grow up. Go do something else. I’ve been preparing my house for company all day, and I wasn’t worried about this demo that I forgot existed until today.

+ thezenguy on May 31st, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

usually if it doesnt show you just restart the game and it shows again, but any way i wasnt impressed with this demo, too short of a demo plus the camera and movement felt some what constricted and its not very interactive with the other characters…
in other words i like how u can gather items and build weapons limited of course but was ok ,or healing items, plus the brick was my favorite weapon….

+ killercroc119 on May 31st, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

I, am so jealous.
Nevertheless, I will pre order this game.

+ Busca-Cabezas on May 31st, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Great Survival Horror feel! Such a short demo… And it just makes you wanna replay it in different ways! Really awesome!

+ jroc74 on May 31st, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

The size was 132MB…. I think either its downloading the rest of the game…or that unlocked whatever is on the GoW disc because when I went to install…..a progress bar popped up and it started doing something.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on May 31st, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

No plus update??? Tomorrow is Tuesday starts new week and month. Just because we have a month layout now doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get our updates on time..

+ Connor2122 on May 31st, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

OMG The Last Of Us is amazing totally GOTY or GTA V. Naughty Dog is just amazing developer thank you so much for delivering huge on this :)

+ MushThePainter on May 31st, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

I’ve been sold on this since day 1, I refuse to watch any videos or read any articles for thus game. When the commercial comes on I change the channel or walk away. There’s no way in hell that I’m gonna play this demo and risk spoiling the experience.

+ MushThePainter on May 31st, 2013 at 5:16 pm said:

DonkeyKongKilla – Its Friday

+ Darkdesa on May 31st, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

Just one simple question.
Is this demo going to be released to the public who didn’t buy God of war Ascension?
If yes, is it going to be released before the game?

+ race2winnet on May 31st, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

Oh my, such an amazing game!! Not an easy game by any means but oh so good! These next two weeks cannot go by fast enough!! Awesome job Naughty Dog!!

+ FeddeCampo on May 31st, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

Thanks to Naugfhty Dog we had one fo the best franchises in history, falling in love with Drake.
Years later, we have Joel and Ellie, we don’t know them a lot, but we love them like if we did.
That’s because it’s a great game, that’s because Naughty Dog is one of the best companies always giving us great stories and gameplays, and most importantly, they always trusted in Playstation,like us.

THAT it’s why I love this platform and because of that, I love THE LAST OF US!! =D

+ xDevestator_ on May 31st, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

Will the demo be available to those who didn’t purchase GOD of war?

+ kansas_dude on May 31st, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

It would be nice if the demo was available to everyone

+ neuropunk on May 31st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

I will be passing up on this interactive movie.

+ angelspawn77 on May 31st, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

YEESSSSSSSS!!!!! I had forgot today was the day it would go live, WOOOO! Cant wait to try it!

+ tusunami on May 31st, 2013 at 6:34 pm said:

Can’t wait to try this out, so excited it’s finally here. I hope I don’t have any difficulty downloading the demo.

+ RyoShizuka112 on May 31st, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

Should have released the demo for next week’s store update instead for us PS fans (both ones with and without the game copy or Plus) =\. Wish I can download and play the demo but I sadly don’t have my own copy of G.O.W:A

Last of Us demo might be available on the store late. Probably the same way PS did with Revengeance demo when it was first available for download to those who owned the Zone of Enders HD Collection

+ Elvick_ on May 31st, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

Love that everyone gets so mad all the time.

+ Waypasrcooldude on May 31st, 2013 at 7:07 pm said:

Aw man. I wish I could play the demo but I don’t have God of War. Is there any other way to get the demo or I just have to wait two weeks?

+ antiox86 on May 31st, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

I am not sure what’s wrong. But my in-game download is stuck at 0.00%. Please help.

+ inekorain on May 31st, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

Didn’t try it myself. Had my sis play it for me. Anyways, The graphics don’t look as good as on the screenshots and videos they have provided up until now. Compared to the graphics on Ascension, the ones on the Last Of Us are eh. It’s a very short demo btw, my sis got through it in 20 mins? Nothing new regarding the gameplay. Basically the same thing we have watched on previous videos. Needless to say that I’m not impressed but I’ve already preordered it so…

+ franky_boyzz on May 31st, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

So i bought GOWA COLLECTOR AND IT WAS MISSING SOUNDTRACK AND ALL OTHER DLC ,sony told me to send the invoice and the ONLINE PASS that was not the collector PASS

they never answer …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………?

+ DarkAzureXIII on May 31st, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

So if you don’t have the GOWA disk The Last of Us Demo will crash right.

+ E-nigma1398 on May 31st, 2013 at 8:43 pm said:

I can’t download it! It says “THERE ARE NO ITEMS THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE AT THIS TIME” CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on May 31st, 2013 at 11:40 pm said:

please try again.

+ TerraAshura on May 31st, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

@165 lolwut. It’s Friday going into Sturday. Where on earth do you get that it’s Tuesday from?

+ nawindragonuchia on May 31st, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

Help my one says that there is no item to perches!!!

+ SpooNManX on May 31st, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

I really think they should be making available to Plus members and people who have already pre-ordered the game and supported Naughty Dog.

This just comes off as Sony trying to sell a few more copies of GOW Accession.

+ JROD0823 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

Thanks, but no thanks.

I think I am mature and patient enough to wait two more weeks and play the full game fresh without having spoiled anything for myself.

A two week wait is seriously nothing compared to the 4-5 months we still have to go for the PS4 launch.

+ Spyroluver88 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:27 pm said:

I seem to have a different error then what others are reporting. I haven’t played my GOW game since the newest update 1.07. The update downloaded fine but fails on the install. Error 80029563. Any help would be appreciated.

+ JROD0823 on May 31st, 2013 at 10:30 pm said:

@165, and any other children out there that are as confused/oblivious as this person apparently is,

There will NOT be a Plus update on this Blog until AFTER the E3 presentation, because that is when they will be announcing the new Instant Game Collection lineup.

This is NOT a new practice being employed by Sony, they have done this at the last three E3s in a row.

Get with the program people!

+ silverdoe_joker on May 31st, 2013 at 10:52 pm said:

can’t access via GOW:A main menu anymore. Just looked at the instruction card in the disk-case. The full game supposed to come out May 7. Oh the irony. I heard the demo is only 100+ MB. What’s so goddamn precious about it anyway? Just release it publicly! LOL

+ PainOfSarrow on May 31st, 2013 at 11:37 pm said:

DonkeyKongKilla, what the fuuhhh…. Bro you are wayyyy offff Lol smfhh.

+ antiox86 on June 1st, 2013 at 12:03 am said:

Can anyone help me? I have the GOW: disc. Downloaded the 132mb file, installed. Now my download in-game is just stuck at 0.00%. Nothing happens. I am able to download from PSN store all the time, except this one.
Am I missing anything?

+ LostInSweden on June 1st, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

Now give me the reason to not be a pirate. Pirates have already beat this demo and did not have to jump through hoops in order to download and install it.
Like you didn’t know thousands of users will rush to download this demo, give me a break! Every time you fail at these things (“We didn’t know the demand will be this high”, LOL). The only way you can combat piracy is by providing a BETTER (more convenient) service, than they are. So far, you fail at this miserably.

+ E-nigma1398 on June 1st, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

IT STILL SAYS “THERE ARE NO ITEMS THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE AT THIS TIME” I TRIED MANY TIMES! PLSSSSSSSS! HELP ME!!!!!!

+ nawindragonuchia on June 1st, 2013 at 12:36 am said:

I can’t download it! It says there are no item to purchase at this time!!!
please help me!!!!!!

+ Nano1124 on June 1st, 2013 at 1:22 am said:

Will it become public?

+ Nano1124 on June 1st, 2013 at 1:23 am said:

Never mind.

+ Sharp-Shooter963 on June 1st, 2013 at 1:30 am said:

I haven’t yet played GoW: Ascension, but I simply can’t wait until The Last of Us is released to the public. I’ve always been a huge fan of Naughty Dog and I know that this game will be amazing.

+ E-nigma1398 on June 1st, 2013 at 1:56 am said:

PLEASE HELP ME it still says “THERE ARE NO ITEMS THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE AT THIS TIME” I WANT TO PLAY THIS DEMO SO BAD!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!