PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jun 02, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Here we go — it’s officially crunch time. By this time next week, we’ll be in Los Angeles preparing for what’s sure to be the biggest E3 in recent memory. Let’s enjoy this one last weekend we have together, before the next couple weeks take over our lives.

You can now pre-order the Day-1 Digital version of The Last of Us (don’t miss this Q&A with Ashley Johnson, the actress who brought Ellie to life). People are going to be talking about this game. Our latest Conversations With Creators video homes in on PS4′s Killzone Shadow Fall, Pixeljunk Eden creative Baiyon talked about his selection for the Sound Shapes Milkcrate, I got my hands on Tearaway and escaped without so much as a papercut, the kinda-creepy indie hit Limbo is coming to PS Vita, the team behind the reimagining of Castle of Illusion gave us a look behind the scenes, you got eyes on a new rain trailer, and more.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend, The Last of Us demo
  • I’m watching: Arrested Development (watching S4 a second time — much better after you know how everything fits together)
  • I’m listening to: Still Anamanaguchi and Daft Punk, but with a little Foster the People and Imagine Dragons mixed in

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

37 Comments   1 Reply

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 2nd, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

i would like to be reading the ps+ June drop post, but hey its no where to be found.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on June 2nd, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Hang tight guys, Plus updates always happen on Mondays and this one’s no different.

+ JTruF210 on June 2nd, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Can we get confirmation that the US June Plus update will be up tomorrow?

+ fresno75 on June 2nd, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

hey Loco you must be new here, but yea that’s on Mondays hope that helps you and welcome to the blog.

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 2nd, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

I said for the entire month, like ya know they have done for the past two months? Not this weeks drop. I said June.

+ fresno75 on June 2nd, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

hey Loco you must really be new here that still only happens on the 1st Monday of the month so gl and happy gameing hope that helps and welcome to the playstaition blog.

+ fresno75 on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

btw im reading the playstation blog and watch Bizarre Foods America and playing The Sly Collection only need game 3 now for all 3 plats 75% and 100% trophies is all I get to do for that 3rd plat.

+ AmericanNinja1 on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Hello Justin,

What pre-order bonuses do I get if I pre-order the digital version of The Last of Us from the PS Store?

Thank you for your time.

+ deadendblues on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Hey Fresno but you must be new here. PlayStation blogcast supposed to update ps plus month releases on the last Thursday of the month as they have been since they announced they would in February. Yet unlike the other months they haven’t and made no mention of it on their podcast unlike the past three. So I’m with him on the curiosity portion of plus. big plus changes they want to hold out on till e3 dunno? But mine expires the ninth I’ll probably renew soon was hoping for a hint that plus would carry over to ps 4

+ fresno75 on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

hey dead hope you do renew glad you like plus.

+ deadendblues on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Reading death and a penguin
playing blazblue
listening Kay Kay and his weathered underground

+ deadendblues on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Love plus will renew it’s like presents from Sony every month hope they love me some more vita games

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

I’m playing: Dead or Alive 5 (Very stoked for Ultimate to come out). Started working on my Vita backlog with Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

I’m watching: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate trailers. But dont wanna watch much these few days until E3.

+ fresno75 on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

same, In fact I even got plus hmm idk maybe 2-3 years ago be4 I even had my own ps3 lol. got me to by my own ps3 use to go over to my bros house, and now I even got a vita to cuz of plus lol, gl on gameing.

+ snakeeyes211 on June 2nd, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

do you think we’ll get a release date and a price point at E3?

+ anHELL29 on June 2nd, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

i’m playing borderlands 2 whith krieg… and is all…

please catherine for igc in june!!!!!

+ veryhoudini11 on June 2nd, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

@14 i really hope so… but we’ll only know once E3 happens

@15 i’m pretty sure that we already got Catherine for IGC…. am i right about that cause I have the blu-ray copy but my PS Store shows it as being purchased and download able and I know for a fact I never bought it from PS store. maybe i just got the digital copy for free with the blu-ray copy…

Watched today: Journey Game Creator, Jenova Chen’s Keynote at D.I.C.E., really good keynote
Listening: Nothing, waiting for the Last of Us soundtrack to come out.
Reading: Big Jack is Dead, got it for free on Amazon this week, a really cool book written by Harvey Smith(Dishonored,System Shock, and Dues Ex)

+ klassymike on June 2nd, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Catherine was never part of the IGC, and truthfully I hope we get something better than that for our AAA title. I wouldn’t mind getting it along with our monthly update, just not as the main title.

+ DavidBallZ on June 2nd, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

I’m Playing Kingdoms of Amalur. 20 hours in and still having a blast. So sad that the studio went under :/

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 2nd, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

@Loco – they been late on the month posts anyway sense they started it. I think the first one was that Tuesday of releases and then the next one was late on a Monday into the new month. Who knows if there will be adjustment but Morgan could still be on vacation so who knows who is doing it for the month.

+ beef_child on June 2nd, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

I agree that they should have released the monthly IGC for + by now.

I think for E3 there will be an increase in the permanent games to IGC, maybe 2 more for PS3 and Vita, and more rotation games, maybe 1 or 2 to each. Gaikai service will allow gamers to have more of their collection playable on PS4, and allow them to transition more readily to it.

PS4 release games will attract a lot of gamers, but no BC is going to hold back quite a few. Access to a wide collection of DLed games will push some over the fence.

My opinion anyway….

+ Evansblue7878 on June 2nd, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

I’ve never seen them release the IGC content on Sunday. They have announced it on Mondays for at least the last year. Pretty stoked to see it tomorrow!

+ The_Dukenator on June 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

@21 Same.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 2nd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

@Evansblue7878 – I honestly just thought it’d be different like they’d push the month layout on the day of or before the month started. The month updates seem to be really late Monday’s or on Tuesday’s so far. I expected it differently and no one confirmed or denied what I was trying to say on the first month post this year when it started, it’s a little buzz-kill waiting when the new month is already here though.

+ snakeeyes211 on June 2nd, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

This is a song I just wrote
All I want for release date is a PS4 a PS4 a PS4 LOL
Well I’m really bad let me keep my day job ;-)

+ beef_child on June 2nd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

Playstation plus update is Mondays, Playstation Store update is Tuesday!

But they started Monthly plus update a few months ago, more in line with PS+ EU.

It was on PS Blog the first time, then Morgan was late last month, I think Saturday or Sunday before the first Tuesday of the month.

Obviously, with Morgan’s vacation, its running late.

So I’m guessing that no-one else is aware of the need to continue this in his absence.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 2nd, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

@beef – May’s month was on the 6th. April was really late on Monday on the 1st I remember because several people were suspecting it was an April fools prank. I believe March was Tuesday just before the week update. It just seems the month updates are being late since it started.

+ beef_child on June 2nd, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

@DKK:

If so, I stand corrected, I’m going by memory, really.

There were monthly updates though, so I expect it would be posted eventually.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 2nd, 2013 at 3:50 pm said:

@beef_child – I’m just trying to get a better understanding by it, I was going by memory too. Well the reply on the first comment explains it’s going to be Monday like every other update so I’m guessing the Month updates should coordinate with Monday’s. I felt the same way expecting it to be when the month started.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 2nd, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

@Justin – To be clear we should expect the month updates the first Monday of the month itself?

+ nirvana8726 on June 2nd, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

plus updates are always on mondays but the weekly drop is usually posted today. cant wait to see whats gonna be new on psn this week. also gotta toss in my usual .hack request. plese put them on ps2 classics or you could make me as giddy as a school girl and realese it as an hd collection with trophies :)

+ The_Dukenator on June 2nd, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

@30 Talk to the company behind those games.

+ X_O-Big_Boss on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:

I’ve started playing all the God of War games again:Chronologically.Won’t be rushing to play the next game,but i’ll definitely play them all again within 3 months.
Other then that,plenty of Injustice,I’ve started playing it alot with some other guy’s I met yesterday.Also Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend,I’m definitely going to grab that and Calamity Trigger for home consoles soon.

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

@ Response to me, im talking about the ps+ month of June preview.it used to list the games coming that month, usually 4 with no preset order.you guys did like twice and then stopped i guess.

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 2nd, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

@Loco4FourLoko (#33) Those are on the first Monday of the month. They’ll be putting it up tomorrow.

+ Polyhedron on June 2nd, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

Is there going to be any way for PS Blog readers to attend the E3 Presser like in other years? Or maybe E3 passes?

+ race2winnet on June 2nd, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

Hey Justin,
Since you have become our go-to guy for info, have you heard anything about a possible fix for the Pinball Arcade fiasco? I mean, it is going on two weeks now and you are the only one even talking about it! Seriously, how long does it take to make it available for us to download? Anything that you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

+ Ryumoau on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:52 pm said:

Hope the June Plus update is alot better than the past couple months (aside from Sleeping Dogs).