PS4-Infamous

Into The Pixel 2013: PlayStation Artists Honored

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jun 03, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Games on PlayStation platforms are renowned for their rich and vibrant artistic history. This is reinforced by PlayStation’s repeated inclusion in Into the Pixel, a videogame-themed art show that runs during E3 each year.

This year sees the induction of two new pieces from PlayStation’s ever-growing gallery. Remembering, from Naughty Dog’s impending survival epic The Last of Us, portrays a young, reflecting survivor in a post-pandemic world.

The Last of Us

Remembering by John Sweeney

Into the Pixel - The Last of Us

“Lighting played a huge role throughout the creative process on “The Last of Us”. In this piece, I wanted the lighting to feel inviting and illustrate Ellie remembering what life could have been like before the pandemic.”

– John Sweeney, Concept Artist

And representing Wonderbook’s upcoming interactive mystery Diggs Nightcrawler, Three Blind Mice puts a noir spin on the ubiquitous nursery rhyme.

Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler

Three Blind Mice by Tyler Schatz and Christina Faulkner

Diggs Nightcrawler: Three Blind Mice

I really enjoyed working with such a hardworking, dedicated and talented team on Diggs Nightcrawler. For me, it is a major honor to have Diggs be a part of Into the Pixel among a tremendous group of talented artists.

- Tyler Schatz, Moonbot Studios

Growing up, what I loved about video games is that they were set in fully fleshed out, unrealistic worlds that were crazy and cartoony. We wanted to do something like that with Diggs Nightcrawler and I’m really honored that our work was chosen for Into the Pixel.

– Christina Faulkner, Moonbot Studios

14 Comments

+ KazeEternal on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Do us a favor. No wonderbook next week please.

+ Go_Buddie_Go on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

That Three Blind Mice piece is really nice. :o

I’d hang that up on my wall.

+ pOcHo_OX on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

When I saw the last of us pic I though “this is like thinking about what life could have been if…”, then I read what John Sweeney said…. great piece sir!

+ Nick930930 on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

@KazeEternal while I hated the wonderbook announcement last E3 as well, wonderbook actually did a great job in the market. Kids loved it! So it’s not really a bad thing at all.

+ D-Squad3 on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Anyway you can get the fans who aren’t going to E3 to enter their own artwork?!! I’m an art major in college and would love to have my work put up regarding PlayStation!

+ tusunami on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

This is the type of creativity that’s needed in video games diversity. Not the same formula all the time. Like eating leftovers for 2 weeks straight, who wants that not me.

+ FeddeCampo on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

Is really great,the passion of each artist for the games, is really reflective,

I hope we can share it also at some point.

It’s simply beautiful

+ ro-kurorai on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:30 pm said:

congratulations to the artists, beautiful artworks indeed =)

+ GhostMachine1 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

@KazeEternal
Speak for yourself not for the hypothetical “us” because Diggs Nightcrawler looks great! It looks like it’ll have lots of personality and interesting themes.

+ PicklesEnEggs on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

I see Justin Bieber pictures in the wall =L

+ YorlecmNwahs on June 3rd, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ Bcrazyman on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

HEY GREAT PICTURE LOOKS VERY GOOD! I LOVE IT!
JUSTIN YOU GUYS DID A REALLY GREAT JOB ON THAT ART WORK! I REALLY LOVE IT!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS! I LOV EBACKING UP U GUYS AT PLAYSTATION! U GUYS REALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS 2 BE A TRUE GAMER! P.S. IS THIS GONNA BE SHOWEN AT E3? JUST ASKING GREAT JOB! PS 4 LIFE!

+ Bloodios on June 4th, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

Adore everything about the Last of Us piece,… except for the plethora of cancerous Justin Bieber posters…

+ oo7PorscheMGS on June 4th, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

@KazeEternal …do ME a favor sunny and don’t be ignorant enough to think that every game should be geared toward you ;) Shows your immaturity… and like someone already pointed out.. the “wonderbook” games are great for kids ..and people with open minds ;) Thanks!