Uncharted 4

Jun 03

Plus - Deus Ex HR

PlayStation Plus: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Free for Members

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Paul Sullivan on Jun 03, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Welcome to June’s edition of the PlayStation Plus preview. At the start of every month we let you know what you can expect to hit the Instant Game Collection, and we’ll also detail the current week’s discounts. I’ll be sitting in for Morgan once again this week, but don’t worry, he’ll be back soon.

I’d like to introduce Square Enix’s Deus Ex: Human Revolution to the Instant Game Collection. With discounts on Portal 2, Let’s Fish! Hooked On, and GRID 2, you’re sure to find a deal worth picking up this week. After that, check out the hefty update we’ve got in store for the Instant Game Collection in June. Catch all the details below, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June Preview

The following games are slated to be free to PS Plus members through the Instant Game Collection in the month of June.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Deus Ex Human Revolution
To save his life after a deadly attack, Adam Jensen had no choice but to become physically augmented with cybernetics. Driven by his need for answers, he soon finds himself chasing down leads all over the world. The choices he makes, as he unravels a vast conspiracy, will help determine the fate of humanity.
Machinarium (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

• IGF – Excellence in Visual Art Award
  • DICE Awards Finalist
  • Gamasutra – Best Indie Game Of The Year
  • VGChartz.com – Best Indie Game Of The Year
  • PAX10 Finalist
  • 90% Destructoid / Adventure Gamers
Saints Row: The Third (PS3)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Saints Row The Third
Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city.
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $34.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is a suspense-driven visual novel/puzzle game and spiritual sequel to the hit, 999. Zero has kidnapped nine people and placed them in a warehouse to play the deadly Nonary Game. These seemingly nine strangers have bracelets that will kill them if they don’t play the game correctly. However, how can they trust each other, and do some have ulterior motives? Play as Sigma and decide who to trust and who to betray in this plot twisting visual novel! Who is Zero, why has Sigma been brought here and who exactly are the others? With fully voiced dual language support, mind-bending puzzles and more, solve the mystery that is Zero!
Gods Eater Burst (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

In GODS EATER BURST, the earth is plagued by altered beasts known as Aragami. The player is a new member of an elite force created to wield the God Arc (the only weapon capable of killing the Aragami) and devour the hostile gods. The player’s mission is to defeat the Aragami and gather material from them for research, but the player soon will realize they are being drawn into a giant conspiracy that will irreversibly alter the fate of humanity.

PlayStation Plus June Preview

Leaving PS Plus In June

• June 4th – Sleeping Dogs
  • June 11th – Closure
  • June 11th – Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
  • June 11th – inFAMOUS 2
  • June 11th – LittleBigPlanet 2
  • June 18th – SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny
  • June 25th – BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

Entering PS Plus in June (in no particular order)

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
  • Machinarium (PS3)
  • Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
  • Orc Attack (PSN)
  • Gods Eater Burst (PSP, compatible with PS Vita)
  • Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

June 4th PlayStation Plus Update

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Let’s Fish! Hooked On (PS Vita)

50% Discount – PSN Price: &19.99, $10.00 for PS Plus members

Lets Fish Hooked On
Cast-off on a fun fishing adventure with Let’s Fish! Hooked On, the first full-scale fishing game on PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system . Select your favourite character, unlock the latest lures and enhance your skills as you progress through Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments in your bid to win the World Tour!
Portal 2 (PS3)

40% Discount – PSN Price: $15.99, $9.59 for PS Plus members

Portal 2
Portal 2 draws from the award-winning formula of innovative gameplay, story, and music that earned the original Portal over 70 industry accolades and created a cult following. Portal 2 is now available for digital download with PlayStation Move motion controller support along with new motion DLC.

10% Discount – PSN Price: $59.99, $53.99 for PS Plus members

Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel Handling system which powers edge-of-control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. An extensive, separate online campaign powered by RaceNet sets new standards in the genre. Welcome back to racing.
Portal 2 In Motion (Add-on)

40% Discount – PSN Price: $7.99, $4.79 for PS Plus members

Portal 2 In Motion
Portal 2 In Motion is a DLC campaign for Portal 2 designed by Sixense for use with the high-performance motion tracking of the PlayStation Move motion controller. Building on the characters and world from Valve’s Portal 2, Sixense created Portal 2 In Motion to provide the most intuitive motion control experience ever seen.

Be sure to check back every Monday to learn when June’s Instant Game Collection updates are arriving for PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember the month preview is subject to change.

Thanks for reading this week’s update along with the month outlook. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments, and this time I won’t be late!

PlayStation Plus June Preview

PAGE 1 2 3 4 13

+ Annihilan on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

I’ve been seriously considering buying Zero Escape for the past week lol. Wow thank you Sony! And Dues Ex looked really cool but I never got around to it.

+ Shugo-PNM on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

AMAZING! Seriously, I almost jump from my chair when I saw that we’re getting two AAA games this month. June is going to be THE month ! Really good update.

These are 3 games that I don’t own but I intended to play, specially Deus Ex, I’m very glad :D After reading some comment, I must say that I can’t wait ´til next week, to see what you’ve prepared for us PS+ members.

Keep it up!!

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Is diffidently a new word?? Lol. Sorry, but that made me actually LOL!

+ thebgj on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Didnt we just get Saints Row 3 free For PS+ like 3 months ago? I know i got it free with PS+, just dont remember when.

I know you will say they do that so people who may have missed it can get another chance but i think its a waste of a free game. about 90% of the time i dont want any of the free games but that is just me, im happy with getting the opportunity to download a free game that i have never played. If you keep recycling the same free games over and over just to make new customers happy you will be giving out Saints row 3 in another couple of months when you could have given a completely different game. If someone misses out on a game then thats their fault.

+ iREVOLTER on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Wow looks amazing so far with Machinarium Cross-Buy , thx. Plus I see you are talking about additional content for +, this means at E3 we’ll see 3 new titles exclusives AAA from Sony Worldwide Studios for IGC ? Great, cant wait. ;)

+ xandn on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Nice! Deus Ex looks amazing, almost bought it a couple times. Saints Row 3 is not really my type of game, but I’ll play it anyway, since it’s free and stuff. Looking forward to seeing what other surprises we have this month as well. Thanks for the great update!

+ Rezolution77 on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Already bought Dues Ex, when it went on sale :(
Bought it at a great price , so I can not complain.

Look forward to trying Machinarium, Orc Attack since I am not going to buy it.
And never tried Saints Row, so maybe a good reason to resubscribe when my subscription runs out.

I thoroughly enjoyed Uncharted for Vita, and PS Allstars has helped fill the void.

You are definitely making a Playstation Plus pass a must have.
Keep up the good work.

Now if we can just lower the price of some of your digital downloads, especially for PSP,
make a console setting for joystick sensitivity (dead zone / vertical), and make PS Allstars Crossbuy from Vita.

Till next week.

+ Samanosuke_JJ on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is FREE THIS MONTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

+ dinkin-flicka on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

@366 I don’t remember getting Saints Row the Third free any other month and I check the updates regularly. You probably have that mistaken with Saints Row 2 which was last year.

+ AizawaYuuichi on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

And just like when Sleeping Dogs was given to us for free, everyone should wait a week or two for Squeenix to put all the DLC on sale for Saint’s Row: The Third, as I’m pretty sure we’ll see it happen.
This month already looks amazing, as Deus Ex and Machinarium (PS3) are the only games on this list that I own. So if we get Mach on Vita, as well as all the other games… heck, just Orcs Attack makes up for a 1-year sub. With more to come, June is looking absolutely brilliant.

Two thumbs way up!

+ LayonD_BR on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Again, no good games for VITA…I am starting to get disappointed about this portable… :(

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

@ thebgj

No, we got SR2 quite a while back. I’ve never seen a game offered in the IGC come back after leaving….not yet anyway.

+ Armored_Oso66 on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Really looking forward to Saints Row The Third and Virtue’s Last Reward. Plus with E3 right around the corner and PS4 announcements June is looking to be a great month.

I also found it funny that I just start playing 999 about a day ago just to find out that its sequel its going to be free. Funny how things just work out like that

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

Is Orc Attack coming to vita or something? I could have sworn it was a ps3 game, plus (pun intended) I don’t see it in the vita store.

On an unrelated note, I noticed Zero Escape has avatars you can buy. I’m throwing in another request to be able to change to premium avatars directly from our vita (or using a PC). Thanks

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Yep, it is. :) Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. It’s just not out yet.

+ thebgj on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

@371 dinkin-flicka

Thanks for the response you are indeed correct, i just checked and it was part TWO for free. Now im a boob for posting before checking. Its good to know there are other non admins like me who actually read posts before posting.

+ thebgj on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

You are right, sorry about that.

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

The great thing about SR3 is, it actually has trophy support, whereas SR2 didn’t!

+ DecadanceFantasy on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

Hey Paul!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m so happy Virture’s Last Reward is coming to PLUS! Way excited to play it at the end of June!
I already owned Deus Ex: HR (though I traded it so this will be an op to play more). I’m not so good at those games though.
Also way excited about Saint’s Row the third and all the rest. Never heard of the orc one before so I’ll give it a try too.
E3 is just around the corner, so excited!
Everybunny be happy!

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

You’re welcome! Everybunny here at SCEA is excited for E3, too!

+ mting806 on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Saints Row: The Third is great~~~~!!!!

+ somerandomkrn on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Oh Playstation…

I’m excited about Zero Escape the most. Its one of the two things I’ve really wanted

Catherine anytime soon? I can hope..

+ Friday on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Zero Escape!!! I have been looking at this game for the last month, waiting to buy it! Also, Deus Ex, Saints Row 3, and Orc Attack? Honestly, I would have been happy enough with just one game.~ I’m also going to grab Portal 2. It’ll be my third time buying that game, but now I can play coop with my PC, too. Thanks, guys!

+ omegavitaminc on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

God dammit. This has got to be the 5th time that all the free Vita games is one I already own. Buy Disgaea 3? It gets announced for PS+ the next week. Buy Blazblue? Same thing happens the week after. Buy VLR? God freaking dammit. There are dozens of great Vita games I don’t own, and they NEVER get chosen. I don’t think I’ve purchased a single Vita game so far that wasn’t released on PS+ a few weeks later. This PS+ deal has been the worst $50 I’ve spent in recent memory.

+ XxDG3K_ALL_DAYxX on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Im placing a bet that one of the other games they didn’t mention is Uncharted 3 -_-…I don’t think that will convince so many people to join Ps Plus…One of the games should be Assassin’s Creed 3 or something….You need to add big games this time around I mean this is suppose to be an E3 update right??? So why not drop big games if you trying to get people to join…Something like DmC or Transformers fall of cybertron or Xcom Enemy Unknown or even Tales of Graces f..something that makes thousands go WOW and make them hop aboard the Ps Plus train and forget Xbox even exist….step it up :)

+ Yuuno-Misaki on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

Nice, better than last month, IMHO.

Although, if you guys could put up a rhythm game, that’d be awesome.

Anyway, maybe we could get some more RPGs next time? I'd love to play Ragnarok Odyssey. C:

+ Goldentoe on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

Awesome update. Was almost ready to buy both Saints Row 3 and Dues Ex while I was at the store today, glad I didn’t, and the Vita games are welcome. But I suspect there is more to come for the month, there are seven games being dropped including the old standbys inFamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 so unless Sony is trying to shrink the IGC unnoticed (that’ll never go unnoticed) I suspect there are still two more games to reveal, and at least one will be a biggie is my guess.

+ Tyrannikos on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Another underwhelming month for me. Not to say June is bad. Just not good for me personally…
Already beat the hell out of Deus Ex and I hate Saints Row. Oh, well. I’ll get Virtue’s Last Reward in my download history since it’s one of the games I want when I eventually get a Vita.

+ BiosMadness1 on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

@ Paul

well, it’s a bit disappointing, Zero Escape is OK for the PS VITA, but i was expecting like Metal Gear HD Collections, like in Europe they got it and it’s awesome but Us over here can’t that’s kinda sad

+ arrownoir on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Zero Escape, oh hell yeah
PS+ you spoil me so

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

@Yunno-Misaki yeah same here, I’ve been hoping for a rhythm game as well. Personally I’d like to see the vita DJ MAX game come to IGC (or at least get a discount). I’ve been waiting for that game to go on sale since January, so if it doesn’t get a surprise discount/price drop with tomorrow’s update, I’ll just buy it.

+ seesthis on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Hey Paul,

I am just looking for confirmation that, even though these titles are being removed from the IGC, active subscribers will maintain access to them, until our subscription lapses. Is that correct? Thx.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

You’ll need to actually “purchase” them at the $0 price point. You don’t have to download them, though. But they need to be on your purchased list. Make sense?

+ TerraAshura on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

Woooooow this month looks AMAZING. Been itching to play Deus Ex for awhile now and lots of other solid looking games too. Color me excited.

+ ding_dong on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

saints row the third was fun and i platiumn it, i really want to play deuxs ex very badly, it would be cool to add the dlc for 50% off

+ kamikazetomatoes on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

Looks to be like this is going to be a good month! Already own Deus Ex and boy, what a great game. Definitely worth your time.

+ CrusaderForever on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Amazing June PS+! Thank you so much Sony! Cannot wait to see what you have in store for us Playstation faithful at E3!

+ Aiden19 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

I just re-upped for another year and I’m a little disappointed because I already own two of the three free games for PS3 this month.

That said they’re great games but I noticed a bug in Deus Ex Human Revolution (after getting my second broken console back from Sony a couple weeks ago and wanting to play something while re-downloading 450+GB of games and add-ons) where the game freezes the system at the start menu when you press start if you are logged into PSN at the time. Please say you’ve fixed this!

Also, I would like to input a suggestion to allow PS+ users to purchase a game that has already been given to them for free through the service since that is not permanent (say if I hadn’t resubscribed) and sometimes I want the peace of mind knowing that a game is actually mine, not a loaner. I suppose I could wait until a year from now then buy everything I like but then I miss out when a previously free game goes on sale for newer Plus users.

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

Yes, you get to keep them as long as you are a Plus subscriber. Even if you let your subscription lapse, they will ALL come back once you re-subscribe. Can’t beat it, right?

+ Rainwater on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Whoa…solid update for June. Thanks Sony :)

+ firebert42 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

My favorite part of Human Revolution is skulking around in the vents and getting “traveler” bonuses. Great update overall for the month, though I’m slightly concerned about the fishing game. Has anyone played this? Is it fun? Is there a demo?

+ MyrequeArk on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

Amazing selection this month.

Orc Attack is a new game? I haven’t seen it before!

I have a couple requests for games I’d love to see in PS Plus:

Silent Hill: Book Of Memories (Vita)
Legasista (PS3)
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PS3)
Uncharted Saga (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
Army Corps Of Hell (Vita)

I’d also want more heavy discounts on day 1 releases (Specially for FFX and X-2 HD)

Thank you!

+ TheDirtKnight on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

Human Revolution I have (good game!). Saints Row the Third? Yes, please! You guys are making my re-upp this year a no-brainer.

+ Guimace on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Amazing update!

I’m a happy PS Plus subscriber since my first day signed up. Enjoying it throughly on both PS3 and PS Vita, you’ll have me on board for PS4 for sure.

+ Crusher201 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Has the Plus team ever thought of offering free DLC for people who already own the free games?

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

awesome update guys, ill be buying portal 2 tomorrow and my ps+ membership expires at the end of this month but ill be buying another one. oh btw it would be awesome if we can get some good rpgs but awesome update ! cant wait for E3 (;

+ LadyGaladriel16 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

if we are losing 5 full ps3 games and geting 2 AAA and one psn, does that mean we are gona get another 3 AAA games after the E3 ps4 reveal??

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

@ LadyGaladriel16

If you people would do a little reading prior to posting your questions you would know the answer to your question. But to answer your question, yes there will be more coming after E3, in addition to the June update.

+ xBuTcHeRx on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

+ abujad on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

Does anyone know if this are the monthly games? or if they are the yearly games?

They’d be awesome monthly games!! maybe a little sub par yearly games I guess

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

Yearly update?? No, this is the June update…again, people, do a little reading on the blog, instead of posting the same questions over and over.

+ MarkakaJin on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Now we’re talking.

+ AKA_Neku on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

Aw … weak. The only one I don’t already have is Orc Attack. Ah well… thanks anyways. I’m starting to feel like I should stop buying games since I have Plus.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 13