Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Jun 03

Plus - Deus Ex HR

PlayStation Plus: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Free for Members

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Paul Sullivan on Jun 03, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Welcome to June’s edition of the PlayStation Plus preview. At the start of every month we let you know what you can expect to hit the Instant Game Collection, and we’ll also detail the current week’s discounts. I’ll be sitting in for Morgan once again this week, but don’t worry, he’ll be back soon.

I’d like to introduce Square Enix’s Deus Ex: Human Revolution to the Instant Game Collection. With discounts on Portal 2, Let’s Fish! Hooked On, and GRID 2, you’re sure to find a deal worth picking up this week. After that, check out the hefty update we’ve got in store for the Instant Game Collection in June. Catch all the details below, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June Preview

The following games are slated to be free to PS Plus members through the Instant Game Collection in the month of June.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Deus Ex Human Revolution
To save his life after a deadly attack, Adam Jensen had no choice but to become physically augmented with cybernetics. Driven by his need for answers, he soon finds himself chasing down leads all over the world. The choices he makes, as he unravels a vast conspiracy, will help determine the fate of humanity.
Machinarium (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

• IGF – Excellence in Visual Art Award
  • DICE Awards Finalist
  • Gamasutra – Best Indie Game Of The Year
  • VGChartz.com – Best Indie Game Of The Year
  • PAX10 Finalist
  • 90% Destructoid / Adventure Gamers
Saints Row: The Third (PS3)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

Saints Row The Third
Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city.
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $34.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is a suspense-driven visual novel/puzzle game and spiritual sequel to the hit, 999. Zero has kidnapped nine people and placed them in a warehouse to play the deadly Nonary Game. These seemingly nine strangers have bracelets that will kill them if they don’t play the game correctly. However, how can they trust each other, and do some have ulterior motives? Play as Sigma and decide who to trust and who to betray in this plot twisting visual novel! Who is Zero, why has Sigma been brought here and who exactly are the others? With fully voiced dual language support, mind-bending puzzles and more, solve the mystery that is Zero!
Gods Eater Burst (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

In GODS EATER BURST, the earth is plagued by altered beasts known as Aragami. The player is a new member of an elite force created to wield the God Arc (the only weapon capable of killing the Aragami) and devour the hostile gods. The player’s mission is to defeat the Aragami and gather material from them for research, but the player soon will realize they are being drawn into a giant conspiracy that will irreversibly alter the fate of humanity.

PlayStation Plus June Preview

Leaving PS Plus In June

• June 4th – Sleeping Dogs
  • June 11th – Closure
  • June 11th – Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
  • June 11th – inFAMOUS 2
  • June 11th – LittleBigPlanet 2
  • June 18th – SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny
  • June 25th – BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

Entering PS Plus in June (in no particular order)

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
  • Machinarium (PS3)
  • Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
  • Orc Attack (PSN)
  • Gods Eater Burst (PSP, compatible with PS Vita)
  • Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

June 4th PlayStation Plus Update

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Let’s Fish! Hooked On (PS Vita)

50% Discount – PSN Price: &19.99, $10.00 for PS Plus members

Lets Fish Hooked On
Cast-off on a fun fishing adventure with Let’s Fish! Hooked On, the first full-scale fishing game on PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system . Select your favourite character, unlock the latest lures and enhance your skills as you progress through Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments in your bid to win the World Tour!
Portal 2 (PS3)

40% Discount – PSN Price: $15.99, $9.59 for PS Plus members

Portal 2
Portal 2 draws from the award-winning formula of innovative gameplay, story, and music that earned the original Portal over 70 industry accolades and created a cult following. Portal 2 is now available for digital download with PlayStation Move motion controller support along with new motion DLC.

10% Discount – PSN Price: $59.99, $53.99 for PS Plus members

Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel Handling system which powers edge-of-control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. An extensive, separate online campaign powered by RaceNet sets new standards in the genre. Welcome back to racing.
Portal 2 In Motion (Add-on)

40% Discount – PSN Price: $7.99, $4.79 for PS Plus members

Portal 2 In Motion
Portal 2 In Motion is a DLC campaign for Portal 2 designed by Sixense for use with the high-performance motion tracking of the PlayStation Move motion controller. Building on the characters and world from Valve’s Portal 2, Sixense created Portal 2 In Motion to provide the most intuitive motion control experience ever seen.

Be sure to check back every Monday to learn when June’s Instant Game Collection updates are arriving for PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember the month preview is subject to change.

Thanks for reading this week’s update along with the month outlook. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments, and this time I won’t be late!

PlayStation Plus June Preview

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 13

+ DracoBlade712 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

mind boggling thank you Sony :)

+ igolorbr on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Hello. I bought SR3 2 days ago on the Playstation Store. Can i Have some money back ? (I bought the Full Packge Edition.) Thanks and great PSN Plus Update :D

+ Isilington on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

I have to say I stayed away from playstation plus for over 2 years since I got my ps3. I finally bit the bullet and joined back in February. And since then the free games(basically the whole reason I joined) have been games I already own (ps3 or otherwise) or games that really don’t look that good. I had high hopes for June and 2 of the 3 ps3 games are ones I have. I have to say I am so disappointed in the ps+ service.

+ CoffeeKillquest on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

Great ps+ lineup for this month thanks for the awesome.

+ SimasUS on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

Wow man, this one was strong!

Thanks for Deus Ex, I am really curious about this game. And Saints Row, WOW!

But I am really looking forward to have Okami HD and Metal Gears Solid HD Collection.

+ Juka307 on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

Can we downlaod any of these games already?

+ MrBeatdown on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

This is one of the best batches of content ever offered in one month. Not much for me though, since I already have DX and Saints Row, and don’t have a Vita.

Here’s a suggestion… let us choose between the base game, or as an alternative, the DLC, so that those who already have the game can still have the possibility get something out of a month that offers a game we already have.

Sleeping Dogs was actually the first full size game I’ve ever gotten from Plus that I didn’t already own, and had an interest in playing. Infamous 2, LBP 2, Ratchet, Just Cause 2, Resident Evil, Spec Ops, Borderlands… I owned them all long before they were offered.

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

You can download anything you want, but they don’t become free until the store updates sometime tomorrow.

+ venneer on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Credit where credit is due: Fantastic month.

+ Jumpobro on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Now that is a nice month. 2 retail vita games and a 2 huge ps3 games? Thank you!!

+ Nck90 on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

I think my comments always get deleted ..

+ Sa7er_USA on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

I never regretted the day i joined the psn plus, so THANK YOU playstation from the bottom of my heart

+ diegohp69 on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

yeeeesss awesome update, my birthday is june 22th so keep it up, hope to see some awesome news later this month…thanks

+ StECnet on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

Sleeping Dogs and now Deus Ex & Saints Row 3… OMG you’re spoiling us Sony!!! Huge thank you!!! :D <3

+ Regor91 on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

Good month! Not interested in this week’s discounts, but that’s because I already have Portal 2 and the In Motion pack.

+ Nickjayz on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

People really have absolutely NOTHING to complain about with Playstation Plus. This service is amazing. All these games for a low subscription fee. You could pay pretty much the same price for XBox Live, and get NO additional games on your system. They’re giving us $160 worth of games this month alone(not including the games they haven’t announced yet), for $6 a month. I love this service.

+ Madd_Hatter401 on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

I was impressed last month…this month I’m truely happy to be a plus member! I’m pumped for E3 to see whats next for plus and the PS4 obviously..GO BRUINS!! DON’T POKE THE BEAR!!!

+ tusunami on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Well well well this is excellent indeed, but for for E3 for PS Plus members this isn’t it i’m sure.Because for PS Vita owners there are only 2 games, i hope that isn’t it. But anyway great month for PS Plus members!!!!!!!!!!

+ scorpionov4 on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

its a crime for anyone to play VLR for free. that game is way too good for that. but then again this game will finally get some support that it deserves. VLR is the best game ever people. treat it as such and be lucky you get to experience it.

+ xxnickixx on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

As the PS + poll showed RPGs as the most requested genre, I hace a suggestion

Tales of Graces F
Pleeease, come on, with Tales of Xillia releasing soon, it would be a good incentve to buy it

+ jeison1424 on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

hitman absolution for this moth please!!!

+ TarheelBlueblood on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:10 pm said:

Finally the PS3 is getting some real love on the PS+ game collection. Those games are perfect for PS+. Thanks for listening!

+ tylerh1701 on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

LOVE! the update. I already have SR3 and Deus Ex, but they’re still great pickups and I may sell my retail copies.

Extremely excited to get Virtue’s Last Reward. I’ll admit that is one the games EU has got that I’ve been the most jealous over. So that jealously is all gone!

Also super excited to check out Orc Attack. I’ll admit I’ve never heard of it until today, but I love getting new PSN games right when they release. It’s a surefire way to guarantee that nobody owns the content yet!

+ headronefish on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Really nice. Already own Deus Ex, will definitely be picking up Saints Row. Thanks.

+ TitleOne on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

once again,

“Very nice Plus update (aside from that crappy Machinarium)”

“I don’t like a particular game, so I’m going to go ahead and call it crap.”

85% rating on Metacritic for Machinarium. Wow, how am I not surprised you have crap taste in games?

Go play COD, I’m sure you think that’s the best game of our generation.

Curious though, is it really that hard to keep your mouth closed? Do you always have to call something crap that you don’t particularly enjoy?

+ Xenobits on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:21 pm said:

Right ON! PlayStation: pwning all with Plus.

I’m still playing Sleeping Dogs but looking forward to Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward the most!!! And then Saints Row The Third and Deus Ex.

Great job Sony!

+ bbsftw on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

Just renew for another year :D. Bring on the games :P Can’t wait to see what PS+ is like on PS4

+ yayati1 on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

What a month! Actually one of the best plus updates I’ve seen!

+ SpooNManX on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

Hopefully they will announce something exciting for PSN Plus at E3 this year.
Last year was pretty epic, so it will be hard to top that!
But they can sure try. :)

+ Elvick_ on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

Would be nice if you listed the file size of things. Especially if they’re already in the store.

And no, linking to the PS webstore won’t suffice. That thing loads up so slowly it’s ridiculous.

+ boomstickbhg on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

So this month we get to see FOUR Full Ps3 titles leave and we only get TWO back in return.

Are you trying to drive away all you customers before the PS4 media machine that happens to play games comes out?

+ LancelotStClair on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

Which version of saints row the third is it though…I owned the full package and the original version save games don’t work with the full package version…

+ IceDragon437 on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

Both games I tried for a bit. I have been wanting to go back and try to tackle Deus Ex. Did the 60 minute Trial of Saints Row. Looking forward to that too. June is going to be AWESOME!!

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

@ boomstickbhg

Why don’t you read some of the blog? Your answer will be mysteriously revealed…

+ Areku_The_OF on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

Got no dough for PS+ but got exactly $8 for the discounted Portal 2 DLC!

+ DaCaPn0045 on June 3rd, 2013 at 4:58 pm said:

Great update IMO. I played and beat SR:3 already (Redbox) but, I’ve been dying to play it again. I literally just bought Deus Ex like 2 weeks ago :( Hopefully you guys don’t put Arkham City on here, I just bought that yesterday lol.

I’m expecting PS Plus to reveal 2 more games at E3……….could they be new AAA releases???

+ YoyiCR_89 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:01 pm said:

3 great games this month for PS3

+ scorpionsake3 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Was wondering if there will be fighting video games on sale coming soon (i.e. UMVC3 dlc, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, Street fighter 3 Third Strike, MK9 DLC, etc.) for PS3 with the additional ps plus discount along with sale. Missed out on third strike when I was on vacation and would like to get it.

+ coozm11 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Nice Drop Sweeeet. Great job Sony Now This Is Getting Money Outta Our Plus Membership.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

Only reason SR3 is free is because the developer wants people to get excited for SR4 lol. Me and my friend called it…. knew SR3 would be free this month or next month.

Already own it so that’s a no-go.

Already own Portal 2 (or i’d pick that up for $10, that’s definitely worth that price).

Will check out Deus Ex game i suppose.

the rest don’t make me jump for joy honestly.
(I don’t own Vita so those are a no already…)

+ drGiggless on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Sooo 4 PS3 retail games are rotating out and they are only adding 2 new ones? These seems really weak for an E3 yearly update of the IGC.

But oh well, I’ve completely given up hope that the US PS+ will ever be even half as good as what Europe gets. Patiently awaiting the expiration of my membership.

+ Weezin on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Awesome month! I’m especially excited for Virtue’s Last Reward. I just played 999 last month! Great game!

+ Weezin on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

They are going to be adding new ones at E3 silly!

+ GlassMoe on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Nice selection this month. Definitely worth it, my 360 is collecting dust now.

Any chance of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD soon? Even if it’s just a sale.

+ KILLZONE79 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

Deus ex revolution for FREE for PS+ glad i waited as ive been on the fence for buying it for a long time

+ klassymike on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

It truly is amazing the amount of people that gets on here and starts assuming everything! Go get your EU Plus account, and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Then you can go on their blog and whine every week!

+ RateX_BR on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

Really impressed by this update!
Keep the good work!

+ Mz1_Rush on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:27 pm said:

I think this is gonna be the best month for me. Love these games that are going free for PS plus member. been wanted to buy “Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward” for a while now and going to become free in a few weeks. CAN’T WAIT!!!

+ renanvitor12 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

Thank you Sony, you are the best.

+ TJF588 on June 3rd, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

Whoa now! Biggest shock back when I woke up today was seeing the “evergreen” titles dropping out. Guess this’ll be an annual E3 thing, eh? MASS REPLACEMENTS SPECULATION COMMENCE!

As for what we’re getting:
– DXHR: Neat-o! Have all of it on PC, but, as is typical, I gravitate toward my black box and its trophies. Hope to see the DLC on sale in due time, though given the presence of two “full games”, one might be an evergreen.

– Saints Row The Third: Definitely glad to have on console, since it runs like crap on my lappy. A DLC sale is a MUST, and perhaps an introduction of a “Full Package Upgrade” bundle.

– Machinarium: Bought it on sale, I think, and finally beat it (surprisingly short), but nice aesthetic, repetitive context noises ignored. If that image is right, this’ll nab me the Vita version, so not a total loss.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 13