Far Cry 4

Toro’s Friend Network, Paint Park Plus Out Tomorrow on PS Vita

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Jun 03, 2013 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

As we mentioned back in February, we have plenty of new applications on the way to PS Vita, and we’re here today to talk more about what’s coming your way soon for your favorite handheld. First off, we’re really excited to bring you Toro’s Friend Network, PS Vita’s first social gaming application, which you can try for yourself tomorrow when PSN updates. Check out the trailer below to get an idea of how Toro’s Friend Network can connect you and your gaming buddies in a new unique way.

Toro’s Friend Network is free to download, and offers you the ability to connect with your existing friends on Twitter and Facebook, as well as giving you the opportunity to meet new friends on PSN. In addition to taking part in activities, such as building a town and adventuring into the Friend Dungeon to unlock new items, you’ll be able to purchase hundreds of items to personalize your experience, like new outfits for your avatar, ability enhancements, and new name card designs.

Paint Park Plus

Also available tomorrow is an enhanced version of Paint Park, called Paint Park Plus. Those of you already familiar with Paint Park’s unique sandbox painting suite will be eager to check out the plethora of new features we’re bringing to Paint Park Plus. Paint Park Plus includes the full version of the original application, as well as more colors, pens and brushes to use, in addition to brand new coloring and “connect dots” templates. You can earn points through painting and drawing to unlock even more templates, and once you’re happy with your creation we’ve added Twitter support so you can share your drawings with your friends online. If that wasn’t enough, there are dozens of stickers, tools, and additional coloring unlocks themed from great PlayStation games like Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and of course Toro’s Friend Network available to purchase.

Paint Park Plus

Last but certainly not least, we wanted to remind you that Imaginstruments, PS Vita’s first application that offers a full music creation suite, is available now. Choose from a variety of instruments and drum tracks to create your own unique music creations, and save them directly to PS Vita. The interface is robust enough for the seasoned musician, but intuitive enough for newcomers to try their hand at song crafting.

We can’t wait for you to get your hands on all three of these new applications. We have plenty more to come, so check back in to PlayStation.Blog to see what we have in store next!

103 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ LordEleos on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Cool first coment

+ LordEleos on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

I can not wait!

+ Rythes on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

Well that was the cutest thing I’ve watched all day, can’t wait!

+ mockduck on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Thank you for continuing to release apps for the Vita! A few I’d love to see is an eReader app for my digital library, along with a basic Notepad-like app for writing down things like to do or grocery lists. I know Sony decided against keeping their comics effort, but a team up with someone like Comixology would be incredibly sweet! A podcast app would be great too.

+ wolfnarledge on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

heck yea can’t wait for tomorrow. Thank you playstation for the vita and everything with it. If i could use it as my phone, i would lol. I am going to be 29 on July 4th, and been playing portable gaming since i was 5 years old. And the ps vita is the most amazing handheld. Cant wait for Valhalla Knights 3 and Killzone Mercenary.

+ yazter on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Will either apps include Trophies? I hope not lol

+ Darnell0216 on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Looking forward to both of these apps, especially Toro. Been waiting for it since it was first announced.

+ Jac5al on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Notepad app and Twitch tv app PLEASE.

+ detictiveconan on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Is Paint park Plus freemium too?Is Paint park Plus freemium too?

+ Sons-of-Helghan on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Toro and Kuro avatars for North American PSN please! :3 Oh and maybe if possible, a NA version of Toro to MoriMori for PS3!

+ BlueRobotX on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Looking forward to downloading Toro’s Friend Network assuming the download doesn’t freeze like it’s been doing, I’ve asked about the download freeze issue that’s happening when I download Vita games from the PSN store but Sony doesn’t seem to be aware of it at least that’s what I was told on the support forum.

Anyway back on topic how much will Paint Park Plus be?

+ wilfareus on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Paint Park looks awesome

+ bball230 on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

@ Don Mesa

PLEASE update the following apps:

Email App: Ability to mark emails as Read/Unread. The app is unusable to me (an many other im sure) until it has this basic functionality

Skype App: Ability to Skype IM within video chatting. I cant believe this already isn’t available.

Wake up Club: All kinds of issues with turning itself on (while sleeping etc)

Web browser: Full HTML support. Vita cant even use Some of sony’s own HTML websites (SEN for example)

Thanks for the new apps! Much appreciated. Apps are too rare on the vita.

+ Soleiko on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

@BlueRobotX

I have the same issue with freezing. I don’t even wait for it anymore. I just click download and turn off my vita, turn it back on and go back into the store for the download. It’s very irritating, but I can’t get an answer as to why it’s happening so I’ll just deal with it I guess. Could be worse after all, at least I can download.

Curious to see Paint Park Plus, the network thing, not so much.

+ Ouren on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

I’m excited for both of these things. :3

+ aibaby on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

It’s…it’s like… Harvest Moon, but Harvest Friends.

+ Fardeenah on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

skype app update should support text chat.

is paint park plus free?

+ Fardeenah on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

btw an ebook reader on vita would be great!!!

+ DominikKolendo on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

i would love a music app on my Vita, the system has a mic and can handle audio and has a high res touch screen interface.

but imaginstruments is not a “music creation suite” in any sense of the term.
it’s about 5 tonally static channels with 8 melodically static patterns you can mix n’ match like a fishcer price toy.

3ds has rytmik which is useable to record an idea for a song onto, but “imaginstruments” is a glorified drum machine.

+ DominikKolendo on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

i mean metronome., not drum machine.

+ BlueRobotX on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

@Soleiko I did find kind of a way to avoid the freezing problem it’s not a fix but if you go onto the online PSN store and queue downloads to your Vita the next time your turn it on it downloads just fine I guess since I only tried with one game I will have to try this download method again tomorrow with Toro’s Friend Network.

+ Ryumoau on June 3rd, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

not too familiar with the toro character but i’ll give this a try since its free. Hopefully its not as boring as that free music app that released last week.

+ tdtung88 on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

honestly, i only need an app that it can play streaming video (like twitch.tv) to watch some stream game,or a good new browse

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Sweet, these look pretty cool. I’ll definitely pick up both. I actually primarily use paint part to write and draw on the different game screenshots I have. It’s really useful, especially as a visual aid if I’m explaining something from a game to a friend. Just take a screenshot of the written on picture and send it as a message.

@BlueRobotX and Soleiko, yeah the same thing happens to me. What I do to avoid the problem is right after the “preparing to download” screen comes up, I click cancel. Then I go to my download list and download the game from there. It’s worked for me so far, so hope this helps.

+ D-Squad3 on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Imaginstruments has no option to save the music to our Vita’s unless I’m missing something, I’ve looked everywhere! You guys must have taken that feature away, otherwise you guys are lying!

+ Techni on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

How about adding a way to share/post pictures on LiveArea?

+ kassatsu on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

@DominikKolendo

You might actually like Beats Trellis on PlayStation Mobile. It is the actual “first music creation suite” since it came out last October.

You can create melodies in the sequencer, etc. The only problem with it is you can’t export, but it does allow you to save your work.

+ TUNA-EGG on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Toro’s Friend Network: Sony’s answer to Nintendo’s Miiverse/Mii Plaza? HELL YES!!!!

+ pOcHo_OX on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Seems like a lot of fun in Toros friend network, but I dont know if true some people say that theres a “100 PSN friends limit” so if its true then is there any chance that the limit will increase?

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

No Google+ Support….trophies?

+ IrishDude2 on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

That video looks like a Vita version of PS Home

+ xClayMeow on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Interested to check out Toro’s FN if only to see what friends of mine (on FB) actually own a Vita that I’m not aware of. My current real-life PSN friends are PS3 users, not Vita users :(

+ Archaga on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Was hoping for a PDF reader. The wait continues.

+ joa_kill on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

That’s why I Love PlayStation.

+ Wizman87 on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Any word on a release for the CrunchyRoll app that was said to come out soon? Also, the only other app that I would be really interested in is a Twitch.tv app! I hope we get both! ^_^

+ JeffsonP_US on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Amazing! xD
Why don’t release a big update to Paint Park instead of releasing a new app? Anyway, my nephew will LOVE the Paint Park Plus! ^^
And I wish to see a Crackle app for the PS Vita!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Yay!! It’s finally here. I’m really looking forward to the level up feature & activities. Toro’s Friend Network has to be the best app for me so far. Though the others are still very enjoyable like “Ecolibrium”. Imaginstruments feels so limited though :( compared to Beats Trellis.

+ edward2697 on June 3rd, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

@Don Mesa

Great update? Cant wait to check out both apps. For the next app a pdf reader would be really nice? Also a calender would be cool to. Thank you for finally releasing these apps

+ XeahuleXolic on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

i like it, i can’t wait to play it ^_^

+ WrekGar on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

With these Plus additions Paint Park just got more fun on the train rides here in NY.

+ GastNDorf on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

^ Hello Raiden, long time no see… Mooohahahahahahahah

End of the joke, is it going to be released in the EU?

+ FATHASUN on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

When will T@G make the jump over the pond?

+ MOCHIIIx on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

I tried out the toro’s friends network on my jp account. It’s pretty neat.
@yazter I don’t think it has trophies.

+ ThePandaEmperor on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

I Kinda think I’m going to go buy a vita now. I like Toro and this seems cool :D. hope toro gets some ps4 things too in the states

+ Heisem on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

give me a ps vita memory card price drop and i’ll be fine

+ John_Maverick_22 on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

What about, upgrating Skype for login into msn account & background calls?
Laso, i would like could change my premium avatar directly from the vita, no just the ps3 (which one is death).

+ lisatsunami on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Yay, more Vita content, thanks!

+ Rick1220 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

What happened to the Hulu Plus app that was announced at E3 last year?

+ ltn2150 on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

imaginstruments is a terribad app X_X no save button or even a wide range of notes -.-

+ mariogash on June 3rd, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

I was researching the Japanese version of Paint Park Plus, and the famous beatboxer Hikakin played a part in it. Can we expect that greatness in this localized version?

PAGE 1 2 3