PlayStation VR

Jun 04

Jun 04

Remember Me Out Today on PS3, New Trailer

jmax's Avatar Posted by Dontnod

Jmax from Dontnod here. I’m here to give you a look at the launch trailer for Remember Me, and show you some never before seen art from the game.

First up, here’s the trailer:

Here are five reasons you won’t want to miss Remember Me:

1. It’s new. It’s a brand new IP, a brand new character and a brand new universe. With so many games on their millionth version, here is a totally new concept. Here is a totally new character to play, in a new world, that you can immerse yourself in as you follow the intriguing story.
  2. As an elite memory hunter, Nilin has powers that have not been seen before. With her powers you’ll break into people’s minds, and steal and remix their memories. You’ll see how the butterfly effect will change their personalities, just by changing a few details in their memory.
  3. The cool, accessible yet deep combat system, that gives you more options than most action titles. Very innovative and has options for all levels of gamers.
  4. It looks beautiful. Ok, so I know I am biased, but I genuinely believe this is one of the best looking games on PS3. We have worked hard to create a unique vision of Neo-Paris 2084 and I hope that it is one that you enjoy exploring.
  5. The soundtrack is fantastic. Really, Olivier Deriviere is a genius and if you are interested in hearing some excerpts from the score (which should be on sale by the time you are reading this) you can hear them here.

So, I hope that you have at the very least been intrigued at what I have had to tell you about the game and once again, I’d like to thank you for your time.

It’s always really gratifying as a developer to be able to hear what fans are thinking, and also hear your questions directly. If you have any questions I will do my utmost to answer them below.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

cleversignin said:

June 4th, 8:07 am

I pre ordered it but it will have to wait for me to finish Sleeping Dogs and Last of Us.

Ryumoau said:

June 4th, 8:18 am

This game is getting mixed reviews on metacritic. No way am i spending $60 on this game, especially since most reviews say its only 6 hours. If Redbox has it i’ll rent it, otherwise i’ll pass.

spoonTRex said:

June 4th, 8:21 am

My copy shipped yesterday, and arrives tomorrow. Can’t wait. (Wish Amazon had done release-day shipping.)

liammill18 said:

June 4th, 8:41 am

Started playing it late last night, the combat`s really fun and the environments are indeed gorgeous! Great effort for your first game as a team! Pat yourselves on the back!

DragonIrons said:

June 4th, 8:43 am

seriously??? this game’s only 6 hours long.???

Frejim said:

June 4th, 8:56 am

6-8 hours campaign. Can you guess where is the rest???
yep DLC!!!! we really love you C*r*APCOM ¬¬

KazeEternal said:

June 4th, 9:01 am

My Copy arrived from amazon this morning. :-D can’t wait to get it home from work to play it…. hopefully my companies game won’t keep me here late lol.

KazeEternal said:

June 4th, 9:03 am

@Frejim

Capcom I believe is just acting as the Publisher for Dontnod’s game, just like EA is only publishing FUSE. I doubt there was any requirement to add anything (or remove) that didn’t have to get Dontnod’s approval first.

@Dontnod
Shame on you for the 1.8 gig mandatory install, this isn’t 2007.

Anddo said:

June 4th, 9:07 am

As much as I’d like to support this. I can’t, and won’t spend $60 on it. I’ve seen enough to know that this is very rough around the edges, some missed opportunities gameplay wise… What really turned me off, and turned this into a budget title. Is the fact that the fighting is very uneven, and consensus seems to be that it’s also brutally difficult for no reason. Oh, and the total playtime.

LuiSpartanMIMIMI said:

June 4th, 9:08 am

To me, Capcom does not exist any more.

Capcom killed my favorite franchises ever, like Resident Evil, MegaMan X, Breath of Fire. It won’t see even 1 dollar from my wallet.

I’ve swear to myself that I would not play any Capcom game, and I’m doing it since 2008.

I HATE YOU CAPCOM! I HATE YOU!

boomstickbhg said:

June 4th, 9:11 am

Just picked up my copy, can’t wait to play.

Hooray for new Games/IPs

bakerarmy said:

June 4th, 9:12 am

@8 game installs are required since the speed of the bluray drive is garbage. Just like crap box 1, will now have mandatory installs.

Game has mixed reviews, demo first for me :)

aro52 said:

June 4th, 9:28 am

@2, 5, 6
Actually, the fact that it is only 6-8 hours means I’ll probably pick it up this week, instead of waiting for later in the summer.
I was worried I wouldn’t have it finished before next Friday (The Last of Us), but now it looks like I’ll be able to finish Call of Juarez AND Remember Me by then!

DragonIrons said:

June 4th, 9:30 am

well if it really is that short I definitely will be waiting till it’s 20 bucks or less…. and I’ve been looking forward to this one since the first trailer….. :(

DragonIrons said:

June 4th, 9:31 am

@13…. yu’ll pay 60 bucks for a game that won’t last you HALF A DAY? wow….

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 4th, 9:32 am

@3

Amazon does have same day shipping. You just need amazon prime, which works out for most as they buy a bunch of goods online.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 4th, 9:33 am

@15

Why are you crying, is it your money?
Do you know the norm of action games is usually much less then 8 hours?

aro52 said:

June 4th, 9:41 am

@15
I have more things to do in my day than blast through a game in one sitting. A 6-8 hour game could take me anywhere from 3-6 nights to get through. Besides, I’ll probably sell it back to Amazon when I’m done, and the closer to launch I do so, the more it will be worth! ;)

DragonIrons said:

June 4th, 9:41 am

@17, you need to learn the difference between someone crying on a forum and a remark where it’s obvious said person (me in this case) is laughing at them for such a waste. And ya I know the norm on action games moron, I have the entire GoW series and quite a few others. Of course I didn’t pay full price…. 60 bucks for a game that you can beat in two hours (and then prolly never touch again for a year, if ever) is ludicrous.

DragonIrons said:

June 4th, 9:47 am

eh still there’s also the bugs in every game when it first comes out….. waiting awhile for the price to drop (especially on something that wont’ last you long [no matter how often you play] and for them to patch the game usually ends you up with an even better experience them most peope get……. since most people just plop their money down on day one without even knowing much….

still w/e I’m still waiting a year or w/e till it’s like $20 if it’s THT short….

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 4th, 9:47 am

@19
You get whinier, call people names and list god of war and say many others.

DragonIrons said:

June 4th, 9:50 am

whatever you say kid

aro52 said:

June 4th, 9:56 am

@20
True. Always Day-1 bugs in these days of patchable games. I guess it’s my curse of “Ooo! New thing! Must have now!”. Playing it now and selling back to Amazon, will probably end up being the same final ‘cost’, as if I waiting for a price drop much later… and I satiate my “Ooo! New! Now!”.

Frejim said:

June 4th, 10:26 am

@aro52

this is def a rental, not a must buy title!! even less day one!

Frejim said:

June 4th, 10:29 am

edit:
IMO at least!

boob-monster said:

June 4th, 10:41 am

Remember me? pepperidge farm remembers.

NickMulder said:

June 4th, 10:45 am

I hope there’s a demo for this. I’ve been extremely interested in this game since the moment I first saw it but I don’t usually buy a game unless I’ve tried it these days.

aro52 said:

June 4th, 10:47 am

@Frejim (#24)
I guess you could say I’m . . . “renting” it from Amazon! :P

neuropunk said:

June 4th, 10:53 am

Does anyone else put the oldest date for their age, when it asks it to watch videos? According to what age I put, I am over 100 years old.

Anyhow, I’m not sure why they ask, since anyone could put any age. Plus I do not believe in censorship.

Jakkilla23 said:

June 4th, 11:05 am

As you can see I am repping a beloved yet, forgotten member of the Crapcom Family.
*Cough*Put megaman in MvC4 not as some cheap Zero skin*Cough*
I can see this chick being a new addition to the MvC universe. I may have to pick this up some time soon.

iDotDotDot said:

June 4th, 11:07 am

I’ve been looking into this game since it was announced, I never forgot about it. I’ll be picking it up later today, gotta support cool new IPs.

Lugoves said:

June 4th, 11:12 am

I have to admit reviews and finances have steered me from a ‘Release Day’ purchase of Remember Me. In fairness even the negative reviews indicated the campaign is nearly 11 hours not 6 [IGN]. Perhaps how you play it can cause that much of a variance? I was disappointed to read that the memory mechanic was only playable a handful of times as that is the most intriguing aspect of this game to me. I’m sure I’ll get it when it’s lower price or even free a year from now on Playstation Plus. But JMax , Since you state “If you have any questions I will do my utmost to answer them below.” Maybe you can clarify the typical length of the initial game?

igorrocks2 said:

June 4th, 11:45 am

People should know that this game easily can be finished on Casual in 4 hour and on normal in 6 hard in 8 replay value 0 afterwords wait until game drop to 29.99 or 19.99 then buy it 60$ too high for it

TriangleOffense said:

June 4th, 11:47 am

The second this hits $20 digitally Im all over it, game looks fun and I never care what a review says

gearhead32 said:

June 4th, 11:52 am

I am getting this game and it looks good from the game play videos that I have seen.I don’t care the bad reviews some places gave it because,I decide for myself what games that I want to buy not based off reviewers opinion.

Isidrera said:

June 4th, 11:54 am

what about spartacus legends?

gearhead32 said:

June 4th, 11:58 am

@15 You shouldn’t care at all about what people buy with their own money it’s none of your business.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 4th, 12:07 pm

When children call people kid, world wide web 101.

TJF588 said:

June 4th, 12:16 pm

Only thing I wanna say: Ass-shot for cover art? Not classy. Stylized mug shot (as on Steam)? Classy.

PainOfSarrow said:

June 4th, 12:30 pm

the reviews are just as bad as the gamestop Injustice power hour sale. short livedddd

tusunami said:

June 4th, 12:40 pm

Just six hours of gameplay aye, definitely not worth my 60 bucks. As of now this isn’t even on my radar maybe much later down the line.

Welmosca said:

June 4th, 12:49 pm

This is a game I’ve been interested since the announcement…the trailers and the gameplay looks good….plus the concept is great….I really hope that it isn’t only 6h long like people are saying…cuz if it is I’ll have to wait until they give us for FREE on Plus.”I genuinely believe this is one of the best looking games on PS3″…lol just no Mr.Jmax….this game doesn’t look half as good as PS3 exclusive titles.But looks really good for a multiplat.PLEASE RELEASE A DEMO.

Welmosca said:

June 4th, 1:03 pm

@ 12 bakerarmy – You’re completely wrong sir…thats the lazyness of the devs…or better saying devs who cant develop for PS3….look at GoW 3 there’s no installation…if you can consider 5kb an installation…that is called taking advantage of blu-ray which only Sony do.

cat9966 said:

June 4th, 1:11 pm

The concept sounds so strong but the reviews are at best middling. The biggest problem with games coming out at $60 is that the bar is being set very high and most people won’t buy it at launch price unless it gets stellar reviews.

that-acmilan-guy said:

June 4th, 1:12 pm

I no longer buy 60$ games…unless its GTA V

OneMoreVillain said:

June 4th, 1:18 pm

I was wondering why he didn’t answer any questions, until I read all the comments. Not a single person asked one. All you guys did was talk crap about the price and game hours. Then even taking it a step further insulting players who have chose to make the purchase. The hours people are yelling out is just hilarious, like what games are you comparing it’s hours to that 6-12hours (Depending on difficulty and gameplay style) is not enough? I need to get me whatever imaginary 16hour action games you guys are playing.

@29 They could suspend your account for you admitting that if they really wanted to. Children not being permitted to watch something that is not intended for them is not censorship, it is common sense.

igorrocks2 said:

June 4th, 2:02 pm

@46 Need 12 Hour game? Heavy Rain Replay does i have value? Hell yeah ! Need 40 hours+ game Mass Effect 1-2-3 almost over 200 of solid gaming without exploration with exploring lost in series for at least for 2 months Replay value =D… they did make it as open world yet it’s lost exploration thing copletely after e3 I wanted this game so bad disappointed completely

igorrocks2 said:

June 4th, 2:15 pm

@46 point is next week there Last of Us inbound…. Hope you try to compare 2 for 5 minutes which is better plus PS4 price announcement next week I understand spending 60$ for first party or second party games knowing with in 144 hours you will drastically loose value in your multiplat title especially if you bought it for 360 as PS will have mainstream support at least for 10 years target if not more

OneMoreVillain said:

June 4th, 2:25 pm

@47 Oh I am all on board for those games. I was specifically talking about the action genre though. Since people seem to not realize most of them are 6-12 hours long anyways. Very cool to know that when I finally pick up ME I will be busy for awhile. I am currently tied up in Skryim still, have not even stepped foot into two of the main holds and I have 160+ hours on one character.

nolo451 said:

June 4th, 4:35 pm

A lot of these comments are straight out embarrassing.

PAGE 1 2