PS4 - Destiny

Diablo III Coming to PlayStation 3 September 3rd

Jason Bender's Avatar + Posted by Jason Bender on Jun 06, 2013 // Lead Designer, Blizzard Entertainment

Diablo III

Greetings, PlayStation Nation! I’m excited to tell you that on September 3rd, PlayStation 3 gamers will join the eternal struggle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells. That’s right, Diablo III is coming to PS3, so you’ll want to make sure your couch can seat four comfortably—when you’re smiting hordes of vile demons, it’s good to have someone watching your back.

So yeah, you might need a bigger couch.

My team has been hard at work custom-tailoring the PS3 version of Diablo III. We’re putting all the fast-paced action (and shiny loot) that Diablo is known for into the palms of your hands in a way that feels natural and fun to play using a controller. With direct character control and an intuitive user interface, all your demon-slaying skills are just a button-press away, so you’ll be able to dive right in and vanquish evil with reckless abandon.

With the game now just three months away, it’s a good time to preorder your copy with your local retailer.

If you’re looking for more information on the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo III, be on the lookout for coverage from E3, as the game will be playable on the show floor.

52 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ geassuser87 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

an addition to the greatness awaiting this summer!!

8/22 saints rows
8/27 FF14
9/3 diablo 3
9/17 GTA5

I guess I’ll be skipping FF14 or my wallet will bleed. Cant wait for E3!

+ ElektroDragon on June 6th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

I’m disappointed that it is not a Sony exclusive. Please tell me its at least a PS4 exclusive?

+ Falaut on June 6th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Looking forward to playing Diablo III on my Vita through the PS4 remote play.

+ Ryumoau on June 6th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Hope there will be a demo of some kind available before release.

+ hungcanh19 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Awesome, will there be a pre-order bonus and if so, which retails? Thanks.

+ brr3gs on June 6th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

I played b4 for pc and its a fail game.

Without any of d2 glory and prestige. Unbalanced game with very bad auction house bases on real money.
Sorry but its not a great news for any console.

+ DrApollo on June 6th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Same date as the PS4 release I hope:)

+ snakeeyes211 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

This game is also coming out on the Xbox 360 so what that means is that our game on the PlayStation3 is going to suffer because of it . so I am not buying it. :-)
What a sad day what a sad day

+ Gorvi on June 6th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

I’ll be waiting for the PS4 version as much as I’m looking forward to this. Hopefully it’s not going to be a long wait. :)

+ Lasdrub on June 6th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

I preordered this a few months ago. My only concern is that I know it’s coming for PS4, as well. I wish you guys could include some way to allow me to download the PS4 version if I buy the PS3 version and then make saves from the PS3 version work on the PS4 version.

+ Apeman24 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Great, now how about the PS4 version?

+ RE_Player on June 6th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Can we expect the PS4 version to be there at the launch of the system?

+ tommygorlosky on June 6th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Digital version?

+ Biggz124 on June 6th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Looking forward to playing it on the Vita.

which means I’m waiting for the PS4 version.

+ snakeman07 on June 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

I’m not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed this morning to hear it’s coming to the other console…

+ CommandingTiger on June 6th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

hope they announce Starcraft 2 for PS3, the first 1 was on N64.

+ CommandingTiger on June 6th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

and PS4 too.

+ CommandingTiger on June 6th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

@11, Diablo 3 is on both PS3 and PS4.

+ DarkOne_PR on June 6th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

what? Is it coming to 360 too?!!!! Ok time to dis-pre order. XD

+ D-Squad3 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

Still a far ways off, would’ve been a great title to play during the summer. :(

+ IzoGray on June 6th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

I’ve already canceled my pre order because of the other console news

+ myLegsHurt on June 6th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

I bet #8 is right… Oh well, I’ll save my money for something else.

+ mcbuttz78 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

@8 it not going to the same exact version in look maybe mission wise.. I don’t for sure. But this one is tailor made for ps3.. they are doing it from the ground up.. So it will look better than xbox version. will it play better.. we have to wait and see

Mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionairee grou

+ KrazE94 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

You guys have always been consistent wih both physical and digital distribution. But will tat apply to consoles? Will Disable 3 have a digital version ready at PSN?

+ AizawaYuuichi on June 6th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m still currently playing this on PC. No need to get it for PS3, as I doubt it will look any better. I’m waiting for the PS4 version. Not sure that I’d play it on my Vita, as the screen is really small to contain that much action, but I’ll have to test it out either way. Hopefully next week, I’ll finally be able to pre-order the PS4 and a bunch of games.

+ Heavenly_king on June 6th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

I will wait for the PS4 version.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 6th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Is Diablo III is coming to PSN soon ?????

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 6th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

ill preorder a copy if it comes out on the PSN but im not going to preorder any copy from gamestop and don’t use any blue ray games

+ Mando44646 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

I assume the PS4 version will be a launch title then? Im just gonna wait for that version

+ tusunami on June 6th, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

Now this is interesting because I’m curious how this will work if you purchase this on your PS3, & then when PS4 comes out what will be the difference & can you play it on your PS4 or is it pick which system you’ll play it on hmmmm.

+ WoolySpud on June 6th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

I have it on PC and stopped playing it months ago, no need for me to get it on PS3/PS4.

What i want to know is Where the Heck is Warriors Lair? Why was it supposedly Cancelled? Hopefully not for Diablo III Considering its going to be on The Competitors Console as well.

+ ArchAngelMai on June 6th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

What’s with all the “I am canceling my preorder because 360 is getting it too crap.” WTF is wrong with people these days…kill yourselves…it would save a lot of trouble.

Still hoping for it to launch with PS4 so I have a reason to buy one.

+ Thrasher20 on June 6th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Too down to play this game

+ Pukerat on June 6th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I’m so happy to see this game come to consoles. I really wanted to get it for PC, but I’d need to buy a new computer or upgrade the one I have in order to play it. In the end, I just didn’t feel like it. I will absolutely buy this game. The only problem I have is that it is coming out AFTER summer!

Thank you so much for bringing Diablo back to consoles!

+ Doc_Tury on June 6th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

Yeah!!!!! Day 1 Buy

+ OneMoreVillain on June 6th, 2013 at 6:41 pm said:

@ArchAngelMai – Why is them cancelling bother you so much to tell people to commit suicide? Your a real idiot.

+ Hellzz69 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:41 pm said:

I did pre-order this, but will be returning it as soon as I get it. Over 15 years, I have played the Diablo series ( since Diablo I ),their lack of support, and all the exploiters of their games have ruined gaming on the PC. Now they want to ruin of platforms! Good luck sony!

+ devilmosh on June 6th, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

Any chance of there being cool ports of Diablo 1 or 2 on the Playstation versions? There should be room, right?

+ Dumoy on June 7th, 2013 at 2:08 am said:

I’ll be waiting for it on PS4. How cool would it be if it were a launch title alongside the PS4 that early in fall… would be huge

+ CommandingTiger on June 7th, 2013 at 6:47 am said:

PS4 getting some of the best PC games there is. I remember when I was playing Starcraft and Diablo 2 games online wayy back when I had a PS2, until it was too addictive and I could do my homework properly…

+ CommandingTiger on June 7th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

@36 Agree with you, for once.
It’s just not something you say to people, beside, who gives a F***.
It’s their lives, not yours.

+ CommandingTiger on June 7th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

Elizabeth Egan GilliesI sure hope it’s cross-buy PS3/PS4.

Everyone would benefit, we all know that nobody is going to but the same game twice anyway, right.
So, why not just include both versions in the same plastic cover (2 discs)

For blizzard: It would greatly reduce the cost of distribution.
It would also greatly reduce the risk of releasing a game on a new platform.
The gamers would benefit from this, of course, giving them two versions.
And Sony would also benefit since the gamers would have both Paltform it would be much easier to make the switch.

+ TWODEEEE on June 7th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

might get this for ps4, have it for pc only played through it once, so i hope you had some more content with the ps4 one or i might skip on it

+ kileysmith8 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Parker. although Edwin`s c0mment is great, on tuesday I got a gorgeous Mercedes when I got my cheque for $4379 recently and just a little over 10/k last month. with-out any question its the easiest-job I’ve had. I began this eight months/ago and right away began to earn at least $79 per-hr. I use this great link, Bow6.com

+ Fnook on June 7th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

I’ll gladly buy a PS3 copy of this, but only if it’s available as a PSN digital download.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 7th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

I’ll buy only if it’s available as a PSN digital download. :) Day1 preorder

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 7th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

SONY ? {{PS4+PSN=FUN}} YOU CAN CALL IT THE NEW ((PS4N)) OR ((PSN4))

+ midnightshade on June 7th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

PS4 version with vita integration… I already own this on PC… I won’t buy until I can play on PS4 with my vita…. thanks.

+ veryhoudini11 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

wow you guys are really picky…. if you really liked the diabo series you wouldnt care if its exclusive or not. im glad blizzard is making a change to include consoles. hope this comes out of wii u too so nintendo fans have a chance to play it too.

+ Hellzz69 on June 8th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

My board of legal advisers are negotiating of where to close all of Blizzard servers, or just their forums. This is due to they let Exploiters decide where a thread is harassment or truth. As Blizz may have a code of conduct, they left out the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the US ( freedom of speak ), this also violates the EULA agreements everywhere.
Told you I would cancel my pre-order:

CANCELED ITEMS
———————————————————————–
Order Date: May 11, 2013 at 8:39 p.m. (PT)
Order Number: 2677850-625879

ITEM QTY PRICE TOTAL
———————————————————————–

Diablo III (PS3) 1 $59.96 $59.96

Release this game on your platform also Sony, as you can expect the end result that will happen to Blizzard
Good Day and Good Luck.