The Last Guardian

Jun 06

Project Diva F on PS3 This August: Hatsune Miku’s North American Debut!

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Aaron Webber on Jun 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3

Today, SEGA is proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is headed West! The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game featuring 38 unique songs, including popular tracks like Tell Your World and Black★Rock Shooter. Players can create and share their own Miku videos in “Edit Mode”, and can customize the popular diva with over 90 different costumes and 100 accessories. Being the first console game released for the franchise in the West, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will include all of the updated graphics, additional songs, and features of the Japanese version.

Hatsune Miku is the world’s most popular digital singer, produced by Crypton Future Media, INC. Her popularity continues to increase in the West and she has over 950,000 dedicated English speaking fans on Facebook. In 2011, she packed the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for her first ever Western concert, and tickets sold out almost instantly. To gauge interest for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in the west, SEGA asked fans to like and share an image of Miku to pledge their support, and the response was astounding. In less than three days, the post received over 25,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

In short, it was your voices, as fans, that helped make this happen.

We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 and via digital download on PlayStation Network in August 2013. If you’re excited to get your hands the game, you won’t have to wait too long – the demo will be available this Tuesday, June 11th!

If you’re excited about today’s news and if you have questions, please drop a comment below and I will respond to as many as I can! Thanks everyone!

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ ichigo-kushima on June 6th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

This is great news. A lot of my friends are Vocaloid fans. Expect to see a lot of attention on this article, as I just spread the word.

+ saintaqua on June 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Please bring over the Vita version as well! I really appreciate that we are getting the PS3 version, but we’ve waited so long for the Vita version too.
Maybe you could do it as digital only or even as cross buy? Please Sega, please bring your Vita games to the west!

+ yaGBoy on June 6th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Happy happy joy joy lol i already imported the Ps Vita Version for an amazing price on ebay and loving every minute of the game. will definitely get a physical copy on PS3 when it comes out in august.

+ DarkOne_PR on June 6th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Happy to see japan getting more intimate with western players! I salute u sega from Puerto Rico!!!

Any News for Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita?! Its there any possibility of it being on the PS4 with cross play/cross save? Uhuhuhuhu!

I became addicted to PSO games with the Gamecube version! Would there be ANY possibility of it going as a HD version of it for ps3/ps4? even with only the 4 players co-op online/offline!?

Well Love u sega for doing great exclsuives to the PlayStation like Valkyria Chronicles! :)

+ NinjaToni on June 6th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

Please release this in the EU/scandinavia aswell, would also love to have it for my Vita.

+ Gameimpulse on June 6th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Oh Please for Vita, please :)

+ DOubLEkiLLz0077 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Just here to support this and to help get a VITA version of this too~!

Since Aaron is showing the commentators support, i have high hopes that SEGA is listening too.
It maybe a bit to ask but… VITA version SEGA!

+ Ikaros19 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

i hope a Diferent Trophy List
already have this one in JP version :S

+ RKumono on June 6th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Hmm. I’m guessing that the trophy data will be separate from the Japanese release trophy data. This may be a game I am able to get a double platinum on. I already have the platinum on the imported version…

+ Chanerooo on June 6th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

GREAT news!!! My sister it’s a big fan of Vocaloid, and she wasn’t sure about buying the Japanese version and hoped for one in English. :D

Is it much to ask if the game’s gonna be in Spanish? I don’t mind playing it in English, but it would be awesome, since Spanish is our mother tongue…

+ flipcholo511 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Wow, best news i’ve heard in a while!! Thanks for bringing this over Sega!
Hope the Vita version comes over too. I prefer playing these games on portables.

PS: Still hoping for VC3 localization. Gotta get some more of that action.

+ DesolatiionAngel on June 6th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

+ mrk1976 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Another vote here for the Vita version. Sega rocks!

+ Lucent85 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

I’m so glad I held off on importing this. I was able to play the Japanese demo fine and loved it, but I really wanted to understand everything.

+ hinaf4g-CA on June 6th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

I already lost any hope to see any game of the series localized, so I’m pleasingly surprised.
Really glad that it acually happens, thanks for believing in fan support.
Hope that this release will be successfull and more of the games will get localized.

+ InformationHigh on June 6th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

I’m glad you managed to bring this over. I can’t wait to play! Hopefully we’ll see more in the future.

+ megagamer-72 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

I have the Japanese version,if they release the add on content on the PSN store,will I be able to download it from the US PSN and install it on the Japanese version of the game,because I wanted to play as Neru but had no Japanese yen to purchase it off the Japanese PSN.If so that would be awsome.

+ Welmosca on June 6th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Never tried a game of Hatsune Miku before but I really like her so I might be doing soon….btw I agree with the majority of people here this game would be better on Vita.It just feels like a Vita game.

+ SDC3 on June 6th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Props for bringing this over, but please don’t forget the Vita owners. I much prefer my music games be portable, so I don’t have to distract others.

+ Schobeleth on June 6th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

No Vita version SEGA? Come on. You know how many people I know who would DOUBLE DIP for an English version? Loads of people have imported, but we desperately want an English version. I’d buy an English version DAY ONE, digital or not.

PLEASE reconsider the Vita version. We will support it, we’ve been demanding it!

+ IrishDude2 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Thanks for your reply Aaron. I took a little look on YouTube like you suggested and it looks like to be a girly game. Is this a girly game?

+ xKOROSHIYAx on June 6th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Just wanted to say thanks for taking a chance on something I never thought we would see here in the US. Sega, you guys have made the majority of my favorite games since the Dreamcast and this news just makes me love you even more.

Also, I would like to add my support for bringing the Vita version to the US.

I hope to see a Yakuza 5 announcement at E3! Please don’t leave us Yakuza fans waiting much longer!!!

+ Evil-Eyes1 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

OMG!!! Day one buy for me. I’ll buy both Digital and Physical :D

+ VincentX on June 6th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

Still can’t believe this is coming out here!
Just imported it but I’ll be glad to buy it again to help support it!

Sega you ROCK!!!

+ RustyTachikoma on June 6th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

I would be excited if this was the Vita version :(

+ Lady_Vikai on June 6th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

My comment is simple, When/Where can I pre-order this to help share my support?!

+ VinsanityV21 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Awesome! Besides Rhythm Thief, I don’t think there are ANY music/rhythm games coming out (also, Way of the Dogg… I guess). I’ve been wanting Sega to at least TRY to release a Project Diva game here for awhile now, especially when they can just do a digital only release to “test the waters”, like how Koei doesn’t bother printing discs for their stupid One Piece games and just drops them on PSN. I’m pumped that Miku is finally coming to the West – this isn’t exactly Space Channel 5 Part III, but it’s probably the next best thing! Looks super fun and I’m all for giving it a shot. Thanks for taking a chance here, Sega!

+ tusunami on June 6th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

A dance rhythm game aye, I wonder what’s the difference between this & all the other dancing games.

+ Requiem173 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

Very excited that SEGA is giving this a go in the west! Please consider localizing the PS Vita version as well! This game is absolutely perfect on the handheld!

+ Evil-Eyes1 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

@ tusunami

Thia isn’t a dancing game dude. This is a rhythm game.

+ Evil-Eyes1 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

+ mung0915 on June 6th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

All though this game and the character are not my cup of tea, I hope this allows companies in the East to know that their products are wanted in the West. It would be nice to see localization of more games.

+ Brothh on June 6th, 2013 at 1:56 pm said:

i really wasn’t expecting this! great news for those who haven’t played it. the bad thing for me is that i already imported and finished de ps3 and vita versions long time ago >.<

+ Jenksfunkel on June 6th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

I’m soooo excited for this game! I almost imported a copy. I wonder if there will be any pre-order bonuses or even a collector’s edition…

+ Seiyaryu2523 on June 6th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

EVen though I already own the Japanese version of both the Vita and PS3 versions, I can’t express how exciting this news is to me! >_<

+ VinsanityV21 on June 6th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Now, you know what you must do, Sega. Announce a Valkyria Chronicles HD Collection for PS3, with the second two PSP games translated. I want to play more VC, dangit, and if you refuse to produce a real follow-up to the PS3 title, well then, up-res your PSP games and put ’em on Blu-Ray! That’s what that PSP Remaster tech is for, right? If the God of War Saga Collection is a thing, and Metal Gear Peace Walker can come to PS3, I see no reason why other games like Valkyria Chronicles 3 can’t. Go grab that fan translation if you must and finish it up/make it official (didn’t you do that with Monster World IV?). DO IT. You know you want to….

+ CatatonicAlex on June 6th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

The fact that this isn’t coming on the vita is a big ‘WTF?’ It’s not like they have to do much other than translate the text, which they’re already doing for the ps3.
W/E….we’re still getting Rayman Legends and Dragon’s Crown…rhythm games would be nice..but there’s a psp for that.

+ X_BLADES1 on June 6th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Are there going to be any differences w/the US version and JPN version?? It’s also great that others can now enjoy this game as I have. I’ve had to import both the PS3 one and the Vita one. Let’s also hope the Vita one comes over here as well. Unrelated topic but they need to bring PSO2 over here for the Vita. Fingers crossed…

+ LPHybridSoldier on June 6th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll definitely be picking one up! It’s fantastic to see Miku being more involved with the west. Hopefully more Diva games will follow! Thanks for giving us this opportunity.

+ MrBS on June 6th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

Any word on a limited edition?

+ megagamer-72 on June 6th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

I have no money left over from buying both versions of PDF,if I did I would buy them a second time,thats how much I love the vocaloids.SEGA,to make my life more better than it already is,please release all of the Project Diva games in the west,and Dreamy Theater,the vita is backward compatible so I could play Project Diva Extend on the vita.

+ RWBRT on June 6th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Already have the import but I’m buying anyway. YAKUZA 5 NEXT SEGA!

+ shelliac on June 6th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Now I feel a bit silly having bought the Vita and PS3 version imported from Japan less than a month ago.

Though, from what I read … it looks like this will include all the DLC from Japan as well? Or will that come later?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 6:16 pm said:

There were six “DLC” songs in the Japanese VITA version that are included on the disc for the PS3 edition. (This applies to both the Japanese and US retail releases.) There are also a number of additional improvements in the PS3 version.

+ MX-Arekku on June 6th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

I would have considered this title if it would’ve been the VITA version. It’s just, these type of games are WAY more enjoyable on a handheld.

And it just seems wrong that the game that came out first and created all the hype is the one that does not get localized. I guess I understand the reason why, since the VITA does not even come close to the install base of the PS3, but if publishers continue to think like that, well, nothing is going to change about the current situation of the VITA.

Nevertheless, I hope people enjoy this game. I certainly would’ve on a handheld.

+ DemoniOtaku on June 6th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

I’m not gonna lie.. I’m gonna buy this game.. but I’m dissapointed to not seeing the PSVita’s f version… because I know that both games have different songs and different modes and gameplay in some of them…

I REAAAALLY WANT Miku on the Go on my PSVita! So i’ll count on You SEGA… I hope it doesn’t bacome another Valkyrie Chronicles 3… I will support every great game You make so take u on account! the Vita gamers play games! And We play a lot!

+ darkrchaos on June 6th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

Amazing new, will totally pick this up when it comes out.

+ NyanGatling on June 6th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

♪Miku, Miku ni shite ageru♪ I am looking forward to it even though I already have the Japanese version. Hopefully the retail copy includes the AR card in the box.

+ EyesBleedNoSleep on June 6th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Man, the whole Hatsune Miku / Vocaloid franchise has been around for years & this is the first time the game is “officially” escaping from Japan for the whole world to enjoy. This is history in the making. For me to not pick this up would be a crime unto itself. Plus I love the music. Day one buy for me! ^_^

+ Heatseeker125 on June 6th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

So sad that Sega would rather bring this over than Valkyria Chronicles 3. I would rather hear a recording of a real person singing than this computerized vocaloid crap.

+ kikiotsuka on June 6th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

I spent well over $170 just to import the Japanese Vita and PS3 editions…. BUT I’m willing to spend more for the North American version just for the DLC’s! :D

PAGE 1 2 3 8