PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Project Diva F on PS3 This August: Hatsune Miku’s North American Debut!

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Jun 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3

Today, SEGA is proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is headed West! The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game featuring 38 unique songs, including popular tracks like Tell Your World and Black★Rock Shooter. Players can create and share their own Miku videos in “Edit Mode”, and can customize the popular diva with over 90 different costumes and 100 accessories. Being the first console game released for the franchise in the West, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will include all of the updated graphics, additional songs, and features of the Japanese version.

Hatsune Miku is the world’s most popular digital singer, produced by Crypton Future Media, INC. Her popularity continues to increase in the West and she has over 950,000 dedicated English speaking fans on Facebook. In 2011, she packed the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for her first ever Western concert, and tickets sold out almost instantly. To gauge interest for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in the west, SEGA asked fans to like and share an image of Miku to pledge their support, and the response was astounding. In less than three days, the post received over 25,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

In short, it was your voices, as fans, that helped make this happen.

We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 and via digital download on PlayStation Network in August 2013. If you’re excited to get your hands the game, you won’t have to wait too long – the demo will be available this Tuesday, June 11th!

If you’re excited about today’s news and if you have questions, please drop a comment below and I will respond to as many as I can! Thanks everyone!

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ Mister-Nep on June 6th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

This is amazing. I’m so happy and excited! I’d ask about price, but I’m already committed to buying a physical and digital copy!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Thank you so much for the support, Mister-Nep!

+ G-Force08 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Hatsune Miku is all fine and dandy, but can we please have a localization of Yakuza 5 and Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC AND Vita)???

That said, I have played the Japanese version of Project Diva f and I was surprised at how challenging it was. >.<

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Have you tried playing it on Easy mode? That should make things much more manageable. Hope you had fun when you played the Japanese version!

+ el_casual on June 6th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

And the Vita games??? Where . s that sony vita support??

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

I don’t have any news on a VITA version, sorry! But I will be reading all the comments and sharing them with others at SEGA.

+ SolidSnakeSSx on June 6th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Fantastic news! That’s one major SEGA title that fans wanted brought over…Now about Yakuza 5…

+ ChrisHighwind on June 6th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Huh, kinda bittersweet. Nothing against the girl…program…er, program girl, but my ex was a huge fan of the vocaloids. Might pick this up eventually, though, pretty awesome to see digitally-produced music that’s still better than the crap they call popular music over here.

+ stinkaypewps on June 6th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

hells yes!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Glad you’re excited! :)

+ sbf717 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Happy to have Project Diva F in the US on PS3 but I was really looking forward to the Vita version coming as well.

+ el_casual on June 6th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

I mean the Vita games of Project Diva.

+ bocahfooty on June 6th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

This is great news indeed. But it’ll be even better if it comes with the Vita version.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

No news on a VITA version, sorry. As mentioned, I will be reading all the comments and will pass on all the great feedback to people at SEGA.

+ FearMonkey on June 6th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! <3 <3 <3

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

This is the kind of response I was hoping for. :) Thanks FearMonkey!

+ Snookies1 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

@3 – It’s not up to Sony on that. It’s up to Sega on whether they want to bring over the Vita version. Which it doesn’t seem too likely. I’d rather have this on handheld. The Miku games feel better that way to me personally.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 6th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Vita version….

+ KEHT_USA on June 6th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

All Project DIVA games please!!!! Project DIVA: Dream Theatre too!!!!
K-On Houkago LIVE both PSP and PS3 versions!!!!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Ah, you’re a big fan of the series! For now, we are focusing on Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F. Please support us as we bring the game to the west! (And, in advance – thank you for the support!)

+ Hitokiri_03 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Great!

Now give me Yakuza 5!

+ Nooterman on June 6th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

The lack of the Vita version is expected but really disappointing. Sony what are you doing?

+ RyoonZism on June 6th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Hey Sega. Thank you so much. Definitely purchasing this day one. And I hope this is NOT the last good news you’ll announce. *coughYakuza5cough*

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Likewise, thank you for the support!

+ SarshelYam on June 6th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

This is fantastic and, while I don’t wish to look a gift horse in the mouth, please consider the Vita release as well? I remember playing it at the Sony booth at last years E3 and I, regrettably, got my hopes up.

I will also echo the sentiment that I’d love a localization for Yakuza 5…and Yakuza 1&2 HD for PS3. My collection is incomplete without the NA releases.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Thanks for the support and the feedback! I know a lot of people will ask about VITA, and while I don’t have any news, do know that we are reading all the comments.

+ Mando44646 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Vita? Im not interested in playing this kind of genre on a TV – but I’d definitely buy it to have on the go

+ liammill18 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

I AM FREAKING OUT AT WORK RIGHT NOW HOLY CRAP I NEVER EXPECTED THIS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, SEGA!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Ah, excellent! And thank you, likewise, for being there to help spread the word during the Facebook post in March.

+ kraaatos123 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

OHMYGOD! Bless you Sega!!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Thanks Kraaatos! It’s always nice to surprise you guys with some good news. :)

+ andyscout on June 6th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Thank you Sega! I imported the Vita version last year and was waffling on importing the PS3 version. Obviously now I’ll wait.

Now I’m just waiting for a localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3…

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Thanks for your support, Andyscout!

No word on Valkyria Chronicles 3 from me, sorry. (But on a personal note, I loved and beat both of the first two games!)

+ NemoMeImpune on June 6th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

This is great, though I already have the Japanese version of Project Diva for both PS3 and Vita….

Can we please have the DLCs for Vita in the US PS Store? I really want to play those extra songs on my vita…..

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

+ RoboAddy on June 6th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Already played Project Diva ƒ on Vita.

Please patch the Vita version to be region free and release the DLC to the west.

+ Andrefpvs on June 6th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Thank you very much for listening to your fans. I have a feeling you won’t be disappointed with the support for this title.

By the way, can you confirm that Europe will be getting this title only via digital distribution (PSN)?

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

I hope so as well! When the fans are behind something, I think we can really make something special happen.

To answer your question: yes, this title will only be releasing on PSN in Europe.

+ Snookies1 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I’ll definitely try and support this though. There are so many great Japanese games that we just never get. It’s a real shame… Hopefully this will be a good start for some niche games and genres to make their way west.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Really appreciate the support, Snookies! Thank you.

+ bocahfooty on June 6th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Ahh ignoring the vita comments, I see. Well that’s disappointing.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

If you would like to see a VITA version, please do let us know in the comments. I may not respond to every comment, but do know that we are reading them all!

+ Sparkz92 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Thank you Sega!!!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

You’re welcome! Thank you for the support!

+ Darkdoom123 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Hatsune Miku Avatars when?

+ DrROBschiz on June 6th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Cmon now SEGA

Its about time to start supporting Vita in the West. Its going to ramp up and you should really be there when it does!

PSO2 and Skies of Arcadia HD as well Please!

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

A PSO and Skies fan. Is this where my kindred souls have been hanging out the whole time?

+ Elbender93 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

I’m so happy! *-*

One Question, North America gets retail version and psn version while Europe only psn version right? I live in Europe and I’d like to have a retail version, but I don’t want to let Sega think that they sell only in America by importing it :(

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Glad you are excited!

That’s correct – North America will have both versions. Whichever version you’d like to pick up (NA physical or EU digital), thank you for supporting Miku!

+ LordRednal on June 6th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

This is a definite buy for me (I like vocaloids quite a lot, and you made a great choice here), but I do have a question. It sounds like most of the songs will be in Japanese… are you putting in any kind of subtitles (perhaps large ones, in the background) to make it easy for players to understand what’s being said? Or will we just be hearing it, mostly without understanding?

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

It’s a little too early for me to comment on this yet, but we will have more news on this front in the future!

+ Dimeniablack on June 6th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I’m buying a ps3 because I want this game so badly!!
But will I still be able to buy it if I’m in the uk? I really want it and I think I remember the ps3 isn’t region locked but I could be wrong.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

That is awesome! Excited to hear you’re getting a PS3 just for this. :)

As to the second part of your question, that’s right, it’s not region-locked.

+ burucchi on June 6th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

It’s a good thing SEGA is willing to bring a title like Miku, because this is really easily one of the best rhythm series avaible on the market right now. Thumbs down, however, for the lack of a Vita version. System needs some love, owners are all looking for great new games to buy, and Diva games simply work best in handhelds — their great pick up and play nature isn’t fully explored in a system like the PS3.

So, yeah, although I won’t be getting it on the PS3 due to not owning the hardware right now, I hope things go smoothly and the series finds a new home in the western market.

+ pn3b0y on June 6th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

3 questions to ask
1.will this be coming to europe on disc,

2.will we have the option to turn the text to japanese? i’m used to looking for the songs with the japanese title in the imported copy of PDf i have for my vita

3.what will the price point be on this

+ Christian399 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Aaron,

Where they heck is PSO 2 for Vita? Where is Samurai and Dragons (out in Asia in ENGLISH)? No wonder SEGA is struggling when all they release in the West are Sonic games and random Loli simulators that will have the most niche of nichest audiences in North America.

I swear this gen has been one for unparalleled stupidity from publishers.

+ sesyjon on June 6th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

I wast about to buy the Japanese version.. This is a surprise! sweet.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Nice surprises are always the best. :)

+ Zionine on June 6th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

No Vita version? Sadness.. Ah wells. :)

+ KEHT_USA on June 6th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

>The PS3 version automatically includes the six “extra songs” from the Japanese VITA DLC. They’re on the disc!

Please, make something for VITA version of the game! Bought japanese version on a gamecard and want extra songs on VITA too!!!

+ androvsky on June 6th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Sweeeet. This is fantastic news… and a retail release too?? That’s amazing! Going to pack in any goodies with that release? I’m hyped even though I knew it was happening as soon as the Facebook poll went up. :)

Keep ‘em coming, Vita version would be nice too, but I’m happy just to be able to enjoy it fully rather than stumble through menus I don’t understand. And yeah, Yakuza 5.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

I recognize you! Thanks for the support, Androvsky! :) Good to see you around the blogs again.

+ AlexGarcia89 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

One question Aaron, Is this game getting a retail disc release here in US? by your comments it seems that will be the case, but it looks like in Europe will only be released on PSN, however thank you very much SEGA for these kind of releases, now the waiting for Yakuza 5 continues (if the game is indeed coming, please release it via retail as that game is huge), thank you for your attention

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Yes, you’ll be able to pick up a retail copy of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F here in the US! :)

+ BlueMaximaC099 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Where the hell is the Vita version? Great, the one that comes out first is the one that gets shafted.

+ Wario64 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Never played this game before, but I enjoy rhythm games. Can’t wait to check it out, always good news to see rhythm games of this kind being released in the states

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

Thank you, Wario!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

So looking forward to this! The Black Rock Shooter anime series may have sucked IMO (but I love the PSP game!), but I’m looking forward to playing the song in the game! In fact, it’s playing in my head right now~!! I’m a bit sad that we won’t be seeing the Vita version, though…

Now if only we could get Phantasy Star Portable 2 back on the PSN (to play the single player campaign on our Vitas!), and get some updates regarding the localization of Phantasy Star Online 2…

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

That’s one of my favorite songs in the game! Likewise, thank you for the support!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

@35 Amen to that.

@41 Yeah, well, the PS3 version has more content, so it would make sense to bring over that version. Though I really would’ve loved to play it on my PS Vita….

I also take it the game will be playable at E3?

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:

The game demo will actually be brought to you, the fans, on the first day of E3! (Next Tuesday.) You’ll be able to check it out from the comforts of your own home.

+ Stryker_X20 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Looks interesting :). Can’t wait to try it out.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

We hope you’ll love it! If you like Rhythm games, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is very addicting. :) (And, in my opinion, the music is amazing!)

+ EmperorKorea on June 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

thank you, based sega.

+ Nooterman on June 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Wow you’re the nicest rep I’ve ever seen. You even answered a comment you probably shouldn’t have. Bring the Vita version! NOW! I DEMAND SEEING THE RECEIPTS! I’M SURE IT INCLUDED VITA!

+ Tjoeb123 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Triple comments!!

Arron, one last question – what songs will be included in the demo? (hopes Black Rock Shooter is one of them)

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

All good, thanks Tjoeb!

The songs on the demo are currently secret, but you’ll know very soon!

+ Nerroth on June 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Good nws for those interested in getting the game on the PS3; but I would personally have hoped to see the Vita version being brought over to the West, also.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Good feedback. Thanks Nerroth !

+ ShootingStar1993 on June 6th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Once it has released,I’ll buy it,but I prefer Vita version.

+ Aaron Webber on June 6th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

Appreciate the support, ShootingStar!

PAGE 1 2 3 8