PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Project Diva F on PS3 This August: Hatsune Miku’s North American Debut!

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Jun 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3

Today, SEGA is proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is headed West! The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game featuring 38 unique songs, including popular tracks like Tell Your World and Black★Rock Shooter. Players can create and share their own Miku videos in “Edit Mode”, and can customize the popular diva with over 90 different costumes and 100 accessories. Being the first console game released for the franchise in the West, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will include all of the updated graphics, additional songs, and features of the Japanese version.

Hatsune Miku is the world’s most popular digital singer, produced by Crypton Future Media, INC. Her popularity continues to increase in the West and she has over 950,000 dedicated English speaking fans on Facebook. In 2011, she packed the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for her first ever Western concert, and tickets sold out almost instantly. To gauge interest for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in the west, SEGA asked fans to like and share an image of Miku to pledge their support, and the response was astounding. In less than three days, the post received over 25,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

In short, it was your voices, as fans, that helped make this happen.

We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 and via digital download on PlayStation Network in August 2013. If you’re excited to get your hands the game, you won’t have to wait too long – the demo will be available this Tuesday, June 11th!

If you’re excited about today’s news and if you have questions, please drop a comment below and I will respond to as many as I can! Thanks everyone!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ FUS-RO-DAAH on June 6th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

I already have bought both the Japanese PS3 and the Vita version along with the additional DLC songs for Vita and Platinumed it.

So I’m going to pass on this. Sadly =(

However! If you guys bring over Valkyria Chronicles 3 along with Phantasy Star Online 2 for Vita, you can expect me to throw even more money towards you guys!

Enjoy Miku in 1080p guys! This game is fantastic! EXTREME MODE FTW!!

+ ohbamarulez on June 6th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Excited, wasn’t expecting this in the least! I loved Miku on PSP!
Please SEGA port the Vita version as well! Even if with a digital only release! Rhythm games are so better fitter for handhelds!

+ BloodReign71 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

So happy to hear this news. I’ve extensively played the Japanese version on both the Vita and PS3, in fact this game was the reason I bought a Vita. Regardless, I am enough of a fan to buy this game a third time and I am glad to do so. Good on you Sega and Sony,

+ MaestroX on June 6th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Hello Mr. Webber!

Please tell SEGA we still want Valkyria Chronicles 3!

How about a VC4 on PS4?!

one can dream

+ Elvick_ on June 6th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

@82: Oh shoo. Sega jerked us around with an E3 demo of the Vita version ages ago when they had “no plans” to even give it to us. Then jerked us around with no news on localization for either version. Made us bark for the PS3 version, and instead most were barking for both.

And now this. Ridiculous.

Don’t get me started on radio silence for PSO2 for Vita. Hey, if they don’t want me to support them then that’s their business. I would have bought both PS Vita an PS3 versions of Project Diva, now I won’t bother at all. And I would have paid for things in PSO2 on Vita, but hey they save me the trouble.

But hey, at least with have Mario & Sonic on Wii U. Yippy! Quality stuff!

@80: The additions to the PS3 version aren’t significant enough to make up for the lack of portability. These games are just more fun to play on a portable, and I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels that way.

+ Citanmk on June 6th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

OMG, this is amazing! Can’t Wait!

+ taisenx33 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

You almost had me 98, til i noticed the “i” that is. I wonder who got that name or case closed even? anyway back on topic maybe i’m not understanding this from a localization stand point. Would it not be easy to localize the Vita version along with the PS3 version? i don’t know where cost comes in but…..they’re practically the same game.

+ DrROBschiz on June 6th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Hey SEGA

Vita, Despite its low install base, has an incredible attach rate.
Particularly in the digital space (even though Sony gouges with the memory cards!)

A F2P action rpg like PSO2 would kill over here for the Hungry hardcore Vita owners

Just saying

Also Skies HD :p

+ pOcHo_OX on June 6th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Thanks Sega, but I prefer Vita version, its sad how vita is letting down…. but i’ll try it out

+ DJPlace on June 6th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

is this going be mutilplayer and online play?

+ Gadirok on June 6th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Please localize the Yakuza HD collection for PS3. I really wanted to play that and was waiting for it to come stateside. Its the only thing preventing me from trying the yakuza series.

I hope you guys eventually release a compilation collection like the upcoming MGS legacy collection in july.

+ iriihutoR84 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Fantastic news! Hope it gets at least a digital Vita version because I’d much rather play this kind of game on portables.

I’d also kill for localizations for Yakuza 5 and Phantasy Star Online 2. Pretty please. :’(

+ BREC-MEXICO on June 6th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

great is nice game , thanks Sega , i will buy this game

+ JonahTHD on June 6th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Om my! Thank you, SEGA! I love the Hatsune Miku Project Diva games, and I’m super excited about this announcement. This is definitely a day-one purchase from me. Heck I might even buy both Retail AND Digital if I can afford to, though is there any chance on the Vita version being announced too?

Also, unrelated to Project Diva, is Phantasy Star Online 2 going to be released in NA & EU soon? For both PC AND vita? Because I REALLY want to start playing that game as I loved PSO. (I even still have my copy of PSO Episode I & II Plus for GCN)

+ duwin2008 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

limited edition plsss

+ Hinata014 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT

Can’t wait to buy this again XD

Already have the Vita and PSN version, so now I’ll have to get a physical copy of the PS3 version :P

Can’t freaking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ HoshiKirby on June 6th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Sega has already won the e3!

No seriously, I’ve been importing all the Project Diva games since the first one on PSP. I got the jp Vita version along with the jp PS3 version. I even got Project Mirai on 3DS even though I don’t have a jp 3DS to play it. I do intend on getting Mirai 2 as well. But this news…THANK YOU SEGA.

Let the Miku world domination continue!

+ Rain_Bow_saurus on June 6th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

I already bought JP F and f :s

Although I can probably make a quick profit by selling my PS3 version before the US one comes out.

+ ShinyukiUS on June 6th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Awesome News !
But, too bad, i prefer a Vita version (with the 6 PS3 song :p)

I do not understand Sega … 5 Opus (Project Diva / 2nd / Extend / 2nd# / F) on portable system, but they choose ton release it on PS3 … This game is meant to be on a portable console.

+ Sirenja on June 6th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Thank you SO much for bringing this over! I already imported the PS Vita Version and now I will definitely buy the PS3 Version too! ^_^

Can´t wait to play Tell your World and Senbonzakura with 5.1 Sound System : )

+ ThePsychoGamer on June 6th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

This should give me hope fo Yakuza 5 in the west.. for some reason it now seems even more unlikely :sigh:

+ Man-is-Obsolete on June 6th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Why is it we always have beg or prove ourselves that a Vita version is worthy?

+ subadictos on June 6th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Oh, SEGA… COME ON, GUYS!!!

This is not the first time you don’t bring PS Vita versions here. What about Phantasy Star Online? What about Project Diva f? Guys, after november, many of us won’t be playing PS3 anymore, but will still playing PS Vita!!!

You can do it, guys. SEGA, you can do it.

+ WrathOfPenguin on June 6th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Oh nyes, Oh nyes, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

+ taisenx33 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

@122 Because no one else see’s it as such.

+ DarkKenji on June 6th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

BEST NEWS EVER!

+ Nazotchi on June 6th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Consider this another voice chiming in wishing we would get the Vita version as well!
But I’m surprised we’re getting the game at all, so I’ll happily pick up the PS3 version.

+ ShinyukiUS on June 6th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Any Idea of the price ?
* Yeah, i want a cross buy version PS3/Vita *

+ Matthew60two on June 6th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Do you have any IDEA how exciting I am Sony and Sega??? YES YES YES!!! I am BUYING TWO COPIES! I REALLY hope people support this game because if this sells well then just maybe, MAYBE we might see more Hatsine Miku games in America/Europe

Ok I need to go run outside and scream to let all my feelings out! (crying) IM SO HAPPPPPPY

+ DMARKG1JPN on June 6th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Thank you, and Happy Birthday Miku (Her birthday is in August btw)

So for her birthday present you can count me in on buying my very own copy of this very unique one of a kind rhythm/customization photo edit and video song editor game.

Its best to inform the others who don’t know much about this game that Miku Hatsune Project Diva F is definitely more than just your average current “rhythm” game….. a lot more than that!

Its about time this game became serialized in English.

Thank you Playstation and Sega and all the staff involved making this happen.

Looking forward to it.

+ antibolo on June 6th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

You guys really want the dig the Vita’s grave huh? After all the comments on the Facebook page requesting the Vita version, you’re still going to ignore them?

It would take so very little effort to also release the Vita version (which is the true original version of the game), if not only digitally, but hey let’s kill the Vita instead by not releasing anything on it outside Japan.

Not cool.

+ Biggz124 on June 6th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Are you guys kidding me , you guys couldn’t spend your time getting a game like Titanfall, instead of this bull***.

Shows where your attention is.

Shahid Kamal, I am dissapoint.

+ SasoriJr on June 6th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

OH! I just cannot believe in this! Thanks SEGA, Thanks Sony, you guys are bringing a great title to US. Day one buy!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Jason_yuuji on June 6th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

This is the greatest news in my life

+ Corosato on June 6th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

ATTN SEGA! I will give you valid US currency for the VITA version! PLease bring it over!

+ Koda89 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

@100: Unfortunately, no. The only songs from previous Project Diva games to appear in this game are Ievan Polka and Melancholic.

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 6th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

another +1 for vita support! I dont get to play my ps3 as much as I would like.

+ adaggerthrough on June 6th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

I understand the problems with localising a niche title like this, but I would definitely appreciate a localisation of the Vita version of Project Dive, too. Just a PSN release would do. :)

+ Daverost on June 6th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the Vita version when I imported it, and this is just the push I needed to pick up the PS3 version.

Expect my full support! Thanks a bunch, Sega!

+ erapago on June 6th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Would love a Vita version, even if it were only digital (similar to DJMax Technika Tune).

+ Dr_Wilder on June 6th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Thank you Sega for doing a better job with Project Diva f than Bamco did with iDOLM@STER. Really excited to pick this one up. Even more excited that the Vita DLC songs are included with this edition.

… But since you said you’re reading all of these, know that if the Vita version were released I’d probably buy it too. This seems like a game that’d be nice to have on the go, with or without the “extra” songs.

+ hurimirshugu on June 6th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Great news and thank you very much Sega! My first question now is what happens to people who already own the Japanese or Asia version? I actually own the game in both its Vita and PS3 incarnations but decided not to sync them so that I’ll have goals to chase with the PS3 version, but if there’s going to be an English version for the PS3 I’d like to be able to sync my Asia version data with the NA version. Will that be possible?

Well, if not doesn’t matter. It’ll just mean I’ll have goals to chase in the NA version.

Actually, I’m also hoping Sega would add more Luka songs for the NA release given that she’s currently the only bilingual Vocaloid around. There’s already DYE after all. Some good Luka English songs would be kouhara-P’s Lonely Summer Girl, Doofus-P’s Circus Monster, Sweet Revenge’s Forbidden Happiness, and the Mikunopolis Concert special (fake duet) English version of World’s End Dancehall. At least do Japanese Ninja No.1 pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease…

+ kmddragon on June 6th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Well, even if probably useless I’ll add a vote for the Vita. I already have the jp version, and I’d make an exception and double dip on the US version + all the dlc songs on the vita. I want to support the game on the west, but at the same time I’ll probably never play the PS3 version so I’d rather use the money to support the producers and buy some CDs or at least a game that I will effectively play.

Also, too many people with my avatar.

+ Sniper_Amer on June 6th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

been waiting for this announcement, cant wait to get this!

+ LilRichy209 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

I’m I dreaming, Oh my god this is great news!!! I have the first hatsune on my psp.

+ Aureolux on June 6th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Great news! I actually already imported it (on release in March) so I will probably not buy it again, but I want you guys to know you have my support. If you release future entries in the series in the US (especially those on region-locked consoles like Project Mirai), I would definitely much rather have an English version, so I will buy those instead!

Please keep up the good work!

+ viceforce on June 6th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Miku is going to playable on NA localize english. BAKANA SONA BAKANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ElektroDragon on June 6th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

And this why Sony is awesome. You could never find this game on an Xbox console.

+ JeiShi on June 6th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

Aha! Talk about bad timing for me when I bought the Japanese version (Which I don’t mind, thank you japanese college classes). I’m still gonna get this anyway XD

+ SoreneK on June 6th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

AH YEAH. Been waiting for this for so long, I’ll be sure to pre-order this to support more of these titles being localized. This is my first post because no other announced has got me THIS excited!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8