Street Fighter V

Jun 06

Project Diva F on PS3 This August: Hatsune Miku’s North American Debut!

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Aaron Webber on Jun 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3

Today, SEGA is proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is headed West! The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game featuring 38 unique songs, including popular tracks like Tell Your World and Black★Rock Shooter. Players can create and share their own Miku videos in “Edit Mode”, and can customize the popular diva with over 90 different costumes and 100 accessories. Being the first console game released for the franchise in the West, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will include all of the updated graphics, additional songs, and features of the Japanese version.

Hatsune Miku is the world’s most popular digital singer, produced by Crypton Future Media, INC. Her popularity continues to increase in the West and she has over 950,000 dedicated English speaking fans on Facebook. In 2011, she packed the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for her first ever Western concert, and tickets sold out almost instantly. To gauge interest for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in the west, SEGA asked fans to like and share an image of Miku to pledge their support, and the response was astounding. In less than three days, the post received over 25,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

In short, it was your voices, as fans, that helped make this happen.

We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 and via digital download on PlayStation Network in August 2013. If you’re excited to get your hands the game, you won’t have to wait too long – the demo will be available this Tuesday, June 11th!

If you’re excited about today’s news and if you have questions, please drop a comment below and I will respond to as many as I can! Thanks everyone!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ cheta85 on June 6th, 2013 at 10:57 pm said:

day 1 purchase! any info on when we can preorder?

+ ArchAngelMai on June 6th, 2013 at 11:19 pm said:

That is where you are mistaken, piracy on Vita is rampant as ever. Granted not as many own Vita’s as PSP, but the hacking community for it is large. I have friends that do that, so I know its happening. I don’t approve of pirating, it hurts the developers. In Sega’s case we have seen backlash because of excessive pirating. Pirating cant be stopped, but we can choose to support developers.

+ Elvick_ on June 6th, 2013 at 11:51 pm said:

@159: Did you even bother to read the comments when they had that support banner up on facebook? (Sega clearly didn’t) People talking about the Vita version and talking about how they wanted it all the time in the comments.

I was there commenting about it too. I liked and shared.

And I’m sorry, but people who take effort to actually make a comment should hold more weight than those who simply click a button.

And the localization stuff you mention is clearly a non-issue for the Vita versions of PSO2 and Project Diva ƒ, since you know… they’re localizing other versions of the game already. Paying the Vita licensing fees and producing some physical copies of ƒ wouldn’t be that much to ask… when we already made it clear we wanted it.

And I’ve already tackled Sega on twitter, facebook and here about their failure. So, have a seat.

+ Tabea1 on June 6th, 2013 at 11:51 pm said:

Whoo, this is great news!
I already own the Japanese Version and had a lot of fun with it, but being able to read everything will make it even better! (Especially for the side stuff, the songs alone are playable just fine)
Will definitely buy it again.

Thanks for bringing this great game to us!

+ Elvick_ on June 6th, 2013 at 11:56 pm said:

@245: Sony isn’t pushing Vita as a platform worth developing for? I guess all those indies just randomly decided to put games out on Vita for no reason then. (nevermind the solid Japanese dev support)

+ RKumono on June 7th, 2013 at 12:03 am said:

@264 The PS3 version of Project Diva F is an ‘Upgraded’ version of Project Diva f for the Vita. It is the same game, taking out the touchpad trigger and replacing it with an analog stick trigger. It also adds about 6 of the DLC songs from Vita version into the main game, as well as a few other features.

However, it does NOT require the Vita version. It is a stand-alone game. (Though the Japanese version of Project Diva f [Vita] and Project Diva F [PS3] shared a trophy list.) I have the imported Project Diva F and I do not have Project Diva f for Vita. (Chose the PS3 version to import as it included the extra content. Already have Platinum on it.)

+ shelliac on June 7th, 2013 at 12:14 am said:

Ah, so the DLC was just for the Vita, and came already on the PS3. Gotcha.

Here’s a silly question … will there be any chance the save data from the Japanese PS3 version will work with the US version, or am I starting from scratch?

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on June 7th, 2013 at 12:21 am said:

Amazing! I cant wait for this Im so excited to not have to import a Vocaloid game XD I love all the Vocaloids and it seems there finnaly realizing the market for them outside of Japan :D

+ kmddragon on June 7th, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

Sure, you don’t have a vita, or follow anything about it based on your comment refering it as PSP2, but you know more than a vita owner about the state of the system based on supposed “friends”. I assume your friends don’t have a PS3 though and don’t know how things are there.

But it’s too complicated to discuss such things on the ps blog, and you didn’t refute any other points I made and at least Sega knows the situation regarding this.

I really don’t understand why people justify not having the vita version, it will not make the PS3 version any less enjoyable for you or anyone, but would make the people who follow the series since before this release and enjoy an alternative way (which is also the original way) better.

Usually saves don’t work cross region.

+ pandakids09 on June 7th, 2013 at 12:45 am said:

This is great im glad this finally made out over here in the West but man wheres the Vita version? If there ever going to be a Vita release please make it a physical and make a special edition please!

+ wilfareus on June 7th, 2013 at 1:20 am said:

would love to see a Vita version please!

+ RidleysBox on June 7th, 2013 at 1:43 am said:

Comments 280+, wow!

I have a plat on the Vita JP version, and after playing the PS3 version, I can say 110% that the vita version is more fun. I enjoyed the PSP versions better than the PS3 versions as well. Something about rhythm games need a small screen to make them enjoyable, the timing is off on the big screen. At least for me.

+ Zappa_GGBR on June 7th, 2013 at 4:04 am said:

Day one. \o/

This version will have lyrics on romanji and english?

+ Razleia on June 7th, 2013 at 4:49 am said:

There are so many amazing games from Japan that we never ever see cross over, so I am beyond excited for this! I’d love to see a Vita version of it too! Thanks so much guys, this news made my week! <3

+ Anonyneko on June 7th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

Thousanding a request for the Vita version. Rhythm games work great on handhelds and this is a much more prominent Vita title, to be honest.

Houkago Live would be great, too, but I’m hoping for the sequel more than localization right now, S2 songs need their share of button-mashing. Sadly with no more K-On planned it’s probably a pipe dream.

+ Owned_Rockstar on June 7th, 2013 at 6:37 am said:

Already imported Japanese version. Will controller(s) be coming over?

+ OmegaVulkan on June 7th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Any news for DLC songs and the like?

+ GameKing679 on June 7th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

+ Slizarus on June 7th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

Yup, Desirous of only the Vita version really. But still, I’d love to play the game and the singer that inspired the design for LoL Champ Sona <3

+ Treequil on June 7th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

Awesome! I’ve got the Vita version and was planning on getting the PS3 version using a JP PSN card sometime this summer, but now I can get a physical US copy instead! Thanks so much! :D

I’m ultra hyped to be able to convince my friends to finally get it (they don’t really do imports for the added cost reasons) and can’t wait to play on the big screen with high-res speakers, you have my unyielding support!
Miku stateside is progress to takeover! xD

+ midnightshade on June 7th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

I have no idea what this is, and I don’t think I would be excited for it if i did. Japanese Songs I am not into. Hell I am not into music from this decade in the states either.. Music hasn’t been good since the 90s and earlier imo…

Now to SEGA, PLease please please, have some news on Valkyria Chronicles 3 for with vita compatiblitly. I love Valkyria chronicles. Its one of my favorite games… Its so unique and refreshing. You guys released VC 1 on PS3 when it had a small user base, it sold well over time. Why don’t you try putting it out again, people love that game now.

+ Loco4FourLoko on June 7th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

I Just watched the vita trailer. Not hoping and waiting for a western release, this will be my first import game for sure! I’ll be playing in the next few weeks!

+ XxBLACKprSTARxX on June 7th, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

YESSS hope the VITA version comes too cause i NEED to play this on the go if not ill just import it. Ether way im still gonna get the ps3 version so you can count on my support.

+ RequiemDeath6 on June 7th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

Aww I just imported it a couple of months ago >_>
Oh well, I’ll but it again just to support NA sales for this!

+ FireDragonMonkey on June 7th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

I’m so happy by this!! :D
I preordered and imported the Japanese PS3 version as soon as it came out and I love it! I really wish that the Vita version was coming out too, and if you do bring it over I will most certainly buy it! I might buy both again just for support and if there’s some kind of cross-play feature :) And I would love to see some of the songs from previous games come here as DLC (Two Faced Lover is my favourite Vocaloid song!!! <3 )

Question though: If I buy the NA version of Project Diva F will I be able to earn the trophies again? And also how will DLC work with a Japanese disc and NA PSN? Or would I need to have the NA edition?

Also I've been getting my friends and family hooked on this series!

+ Matthew60two on June 7th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

Come onnnnn SEGA! Hurry up! I am just DYING to pre-order the game on amazon ASAP! I got an email back from Amazon about when the pre-order will start for Project Diva F and they said that they are aware about the announcement but they are still waiting for SEGA approval in order to put the pre-order up on amazon. Also, they added a note saying that if they don’t get a confirmation within 7 days, amazon will put up a placeholder “pre-order” where customers can sign up to being notified when the pre-order is available. I hope SEGA throws in a cool pre-order gift like a small keychain or figure or soundtrack or WHATEVER! Either way, I hope is just more than the game itself because I would not mind chipping in an extra $$$ to get a different edition that includes more stuff! Then again the pre-order could end up being the standard boring game stuff like a “exclusive costume” or whatever. If they go that route, I will also bet gamestop will offer their own exclusive pre-order costume. Don’t get me wrong, costumes are great and all but I would love to see something cooler than a costume :)

+ YYujiY on June 7th, 2013 at 11:17 pm said:

Thank you so so so so so much Sega for bringing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F to the west. <3

Please we want Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD, Valkyria Chronicles 3 HD, and Skies of Arcadia HD.

+ Hakumei_Hizoku on June 7th, 2013 at 11:34 pm said:

We need the Vita version too please X3

+ Jasontamer on June 8th, 2013 at 1:23 am said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YES!!!! AHHHHH YES! I’m so excited! any word on when pre-orders start? My money is READY! :3 haha
Point being: I’m very happy thank you sega for listening to us :3

+ AntiGenjou on June 8th, 2013 at 1:26 am said:

This is my first time logging in to the home site just comment on this. Where is the pre-order button?!, Are you guys planning on pushing out Standard and Limited Edition Bundles? I’d also love it if we got the Vita Miku Bundle pushed out here too. Those Vita’s would fly off the shelves. Bring the Vita and the Vita LE’s to America if you could.~ I couldn’t be any happier. Thanks Sega, you guys are cool in my book~

+ BladeMoonWolf10 on June 8th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Sega I would like to say. Thank you!!!!!! for bring Project Diva F to the USA! I am so going to get this game!

I only got 2 questions to ask.

1. It will be available to pre order at retail stores like Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. any retail game store.

2. When the demo is available is that when Project Diva F will be available to pre order? Honestly I think is when it will be available.

I don’t have a PS3 now but I am going to get one this summer and Project Diva F will be the first game I play on it! =D

+ Asura76 on June 8th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

Awesome that is getting localized. Any idea about the DLC? I want Haku.

+ invaderyoyo on June 8th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

Definitely gonna get this day one. Even though I already platinumed the Japanese Vita version I’d definitely buy the Vita version again.

+ Hengbok on June 8th, 2013 at 10:17 pm said:

I’m really glad to hear that this will be released in the states. I have the limited PSV version and the game is great. I was thinking about importing it for the longest time for the PS3 but was waiting for more news on a western release since it was showcased last year in the states for the PSV.

I wonder if there will be any pre-order bonuses or anything else. I was hoping that there could maybe be a cross-buy type of feature with the PSV version too but since the PSV version is not listed right now I would not think so. At least I will be able to play all the DLC included with the game too :3

A couple questions though is..

1. Will this game sync with the Japanese trophy set? My trophy set for this game has PS3&PSV listed under the name, so if I had gotten the Japanese PS3 version then it would share the same trophies from my PSV version.

2. Will this play on the PS4? I’m guessing at least the digital version but it makes me want to know if I want to get the disk version if it will not play :<

3. basically anything on PSO2 and Yakuza 5? lol

+ Zappa_GGBR on June 9th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

This version will have lyrics on romanji and english?

+ RoseTech_01 on June 9th, 2013 at 4:58 pm said:

@bluekamikaze0807 Not going to have Kokoro. Only available with Project Diva Dreamy Theater 2nd (DLC for PS3 for the PSP game).

+ Senopui on June 9th, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

Any news of a possible CE version of the game?

+ samy__chan on June 9th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

I really want the vita version….

+ Anivyl on June 9th, 2013 at 11:14 pm said:

hi! I have been waiting for one of the miku titles to get localised for a while. yes I understand the game can be easily played without understanding the japanese, but i would, for once, love to try it in english :) Therefore, I am really happy to see this being localised so soon! :D

The issue I am having here (more of a feedback really) is that, at this time in my life, I only have 1 tv, 3 game consoles and 2 gamers in my house. Plus I work night shifts. I am largely playing on my vita because of all these factors and would seriously urge you to look at reproducing this on the Vita.

Also, I also use games as part of my “therapies” with my patients. You will be surprise how games help – and it’s always the cutesy games that does it. Please, consider this!

+ KyonofSOSBrigade on June 10th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

This is great news to hear about Project Diva F.

Guess that means that I would have to buy the US version to go alongside my JP version.
I couldn’t wait for SEGA to make this deicision back in 2012, so I managed to get the PS VIta version. In March, bought the JP version, and now in August get to get the US version.

Dedicated much? I think not. ^_^

+ Delsavior on June 10th, 2013 at 6:32 am said:

I own the jp vita version myself, got nearly everything unlocked. Cant do extreme but meh.
I planned on picking up the ps3 jp one. Glad I held off.
Will we be getting any dlc?

Regardless, thanks for bringing pdf over.

+ CrimsonCursed on June 10th, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

I think if you guys were to publish it for Vita you should also make an English Patcher download for the people who imported it, of course it should cost $15 for the patch ( got to make money somewhere)

because even if it did come to Vita in USA
and i love miku very much, but i already platinumed the game, so to me there is no real reason to buy it again

+ SHADOW_NEJI on June 10th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

will it connect with jp ver of the vita bc i have the jp ver vita game

+ KOS-MOS1 on June 11th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

this great news i can’t wait to buy both a physical and digital copy but there no demo it june 11 so were the demo? i really wanted to play the demo

+ invaderyoyo on June 11th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

I’m wondering what time the demo will be up. Just checked and it’s not there. Anyways I’m thinking maybe they could make a Vita version that was digital only.

+ KOS-MOS1 on June 11th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

hi i check there still no demo please let me play it please

+ lalo34555 on June 11th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Awesome!!! I already have the Japanese import of the game but what the hell, guess ill buy another copy :3

+ Rakenmaru on June 11th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

omfgyesss its up!!

+ UnrealSackboy on June 11th, 2013 at 2:19 pm said:

+ TheGuzzz on June 11th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

I already played the demo! I’m so happy they didn’t try giving them english voices! The three songs they gave us was awesome! Too bad they didn’t at least add in a hard mode. Still, I can’t wait!!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8