Uncharted 4

Jun 06

Project Diva F on PS3 This August: Hatsune Miku’s North American Debut!

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Aaron Webber on Jun 06, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3

Today, SEGA is proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is headed West! The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game featuring 38 unique songs, including popular tracks like Tell Your World and Black★Rock Shooter. Players can create and share their own Miku videos in “Edit Mode”, and can customize the popular diva with over 90 different costumes and 100 accessories. Being the first console game released for the franchise in the West, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will include all of the updated graphics, additional songs, and features of the Japanese version.

Hatsune Miku is the world’s most popular digital singer, produced by Crypton Future Media, INC. Her popularity continues to increase in the West and she has over 950,000 dedicated English speaking fans on Facebook. In 2011, she packed the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for her first ever Western concert, and tickets sold out almost instantly. To gauge interest for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in the west, SEGA asked fans to like and share an image of Miku to pledge their support, and the response was astounding. In less than three days, the post received over 25,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

In short, it was your voices, as fans, that helped make this happen.

We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 and via digital download on PlayStation Network in August 2013. If you’re excited to get your hands the game, you won’t have to wait too long – the demo will be available this Tuesday, June 11th!

If you’re excited about today’s news and if you have questions, please drop a comment below and I will respond to as many as I can! Thanks everyone!

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ Lord_CBH on June 6th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Definitely picking this up. Part out of curiosity, and part in the hopes that it could mean even more localization of Japanese only titles down the line.

+ squidloli on June 6th, 2013 at 11:03 am said:

I’m really, really, REALLY excited to see that physical games weren’t forgotten with this.

Sega, you’re amazing, I love you. Thank you for not forgetting that. <3

+ atomixluis123 on June 6th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Please Sega, release the Vita version of the game at least on the PS Store.
I don’t have a PS3 and one of the reasons I bought a Vita was to import this game

+ Trukzx on June 6th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Where’s the VITA version!?

I really hope SEGA reconsiders on that..

IMO, that’s the superior version since I can play anywhere I want..

AR in PJD f is also nifty.

The VITA really needs more games and rhythm games like PJD f is an excellent portable game.

+ Chrisover9000 on June 6th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Great news, but please start supporting the Vita sega

+ Valis200X on June 6th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

So am I the ONLY one who’s excited about Hatsune Miku finally coming to the PS3 in the west? No offense to Vita owners, but I had a terrible time with the Vita demo, I just can’t get used to rhythm games on a small screen. So I opted for the PS3 version of F instead. Yes, I did import.

So Sega/Crypton, this basically means you will get my monies TWICE. Day 1 Purchase, and canceling my Tales of Xillia preorder. A Vita version would be nice but I prefer Miku on the big screen, thanks. :)

Just a quick question: Will the songlist remain intact from the Japanese version of the game? I can’t imagine how many licensing issues Sega would’ve had to overcome for approval.

+ Lord_Schroeder on June 6th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Excellent news, thanks for making the effort to bring this kind of games to America. Hopefully we can have the Vita version on the future, even if digital only.

+ LS_Lodofan on June 6th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

Please, i need the vita version! This game is portable style! Bring it to vita!

+ pccontroller on June 6th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

well, except for
Well, that’s more of a vocal expression… but this time typed.
okay, I’ll stop, haha.

Thank you, SEGA, thank you very much!
We VOCALOID fans certainly appreciate this first – no, second – no, third – no, fourth (!!!) ground-breaking movement to bring the Project DIVA franchise over to America, along with the Cryptonloids! (the first three: MikuNoPolis, Project DIVA Arcade (twice!), distribution of American version of MikuNoPolis via Aniplex USA).

Thank you for making F officially available to us!

+ shadewingz on June 6th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this, this is amazing news! :D definitely a day 1 buy for me (as would the vita version be…hint hint :P)

+ FJN1_NARUTO on June 6th, 2013 at 11:26 am said: