PS3-TLOU Left Behind

May 2013′s PSN Top Sellers: Mark IV Style

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jun 07, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Aaaaand we’re back with the top sellers from May 2013! Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon claimed its spot at the top of the PS3 chart (deservedly so, if I have anything to say about it), Call of Juarez: Gunslinger made a mighty strong debut, and Journey keeps drifting around the top ten.

Mens Room Mayhem grabbed the number 2 spot on PS Vita… I’m not sure whether I should make a joke about that or not. Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery — a personal favorite — had a great first month as well.

Our fine European blog counterparts keep a list of their most popular games too; be sure to check ‘em out.

I wonder what will take the top spot next month.

Top 20 PS3 & PSN Games

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  3. Bully
  4. Manhunt
  5. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Top 5 PS1 Classics

Metal Gear Solid
  1. FINAL FANTASY VII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  2. Metal Gear Solid (PS3/PSP)
  3. FINAL FANTASY IX (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  4. FINAL FANTASY VIII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  5. Crash Bandicoot (PS3/PSP)

Top 5 PSP Games

Black Rock Shooter
  1. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER
  4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
  5. Black Rock Shooter The Game

30 Comments   1 Reply

+ Elvick_ on June 7th, 2013 at 5:39 am said:

The choice for games to showcase with an image is weird. Lots of #2 and #5 games being the image used. Why not just use #1? :/

At least, when using multiple ones, put them in order. |

Anyhoo, glad Soul Sacrifice is up on top. Didn’t have much time out in June, so it’s good it’s still selling.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on June 7th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Yeah, when I dropped the thumbnails in they got ordered alphabetically, and I forgot to change the order around. I blame E3. :)

+ remanutd5 on June 7th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

It is kinda weird that sony hasnt unveil more new psvita games this week, hopefully that means at least 20 minutes of new vita announcements at E3. God of War topping the psp charts must mean something: God of War vita incoming? hopefully.

I’m really glad to see Ratchet and Clank FFA in the first 5 psvita games, i love the game even with all its flaws (framerate issues, graphics) but it plays just like a Ratchet and Clank game should so yea i want a Full fledge Ratchet and Clank game on the vita

3 days sony, 3 days to go hard or go home, psvita needs at least 20 minutes of new announcements and at least 2 new AAA titles.

+ PHEEliNUX on June 7th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

Pretty surprising that Persona 3 was even on the list
Also, That Persona 4 Golden isn’t on the Top 10 Vita games, It doesn’t have that many good games yet, P4G is one of the best game on it, Probably people buy Physical instead

+ remanutd5 on June 7th, 2013 at 5:47 am said:

why there isnt an E3 countdown here on the blog? european blog has one.

+ Pabloo1010 on June 7th, 2013 at 5:58 am said:

Top spot for next month huh? hmm…..that’s tough, maybe that little game called…The Last of Us.

+ JTruF210 on June 7th, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

Any word on Crash compatibility with Vita? And why its even an issue…

+ BlueBl1zzard on June 7th, 2013 at 6:14 am said:

Men’s Room Mayhem takes #2? Nice! And glad to see Soul Sacrifice leading the list as well.

+ Despair-Amit on June 7th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

Oh Amy why are you still being sold.

+ Mando44646 on June 7th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

Sony, you better show NEW Vita games at E3, not just ones that we already know are coming like Killzone and Tearaway. I really hope to see some actual AAA support for Vita sometime soon

+ wilfareus on June 7th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

nice to see Soul Sacrifice doing so well! :D

+ UnholyBahamut on June 7th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

@Justin Massongill can you move some strings in there and try to show us some numbers? I’m dying to know how many people have got FFVII from classics overall?

+ TomatoDragon on June 7th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

@2
Oh man… I’m still holding out hope for a Vita God of War. Remember that painting hidden message in Ascension?

+ TwinDad on June 7th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

It’s pretty obvious what will be the best seller next month. The game has the fanboys in all the latest internet rage right now.

Last of Us.

+ lessthancaring on June 7th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Gunslinger is an awesome game. Glad to see it selling so well.

+ pOcHo_OX on June 7th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Black rock shooter ftw!!!, it’d be a good idea gets Men’s Room Mayhem??

+ poodude on June 7th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Nice to see Jacob Jones charting. It’s quite the delightful game.

Also, yay Metro: Last Light made it to #7! Glad to see a great franchise sell so well.

+ zzamaro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

15. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus

Wow. Wish it could be on + sale, I want to buy it so much but not at full price.

+ lisatsunami on June 7th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

I played the Terraria demo and contrary to my expectations, loved it. I will wait for the Vita version though, as it is perfect for a handheld.

I am still playing Soul Sacrifice like crazy. Great game!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on June 7th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Glad to see Soul Sacrifice as #1. It’s being well supported & rewarded with it’s free DLC. And not too far below is JJ & The Bigfoot Mystery – though i would give it “#1 top most adorable game”.

Krieg the Psycho still up there – nice!. Waiting on Tiny Tina’s DLC.

+ Guimace on June 7th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

Glad to see Soul Sacrifice up there. Awesome game!

+ MX-Arekku on June 7th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Soul Sacrifice… such a great game that it deserved WAY better reception here in NA, that game has soul. Too bad reviewers called it a “clone” of a certain other i-don’t-want-to-mention IP.*sigh* reviewers.

Anyway, a very well deserved spot, more people buying it means the sooner we get Soul Sacrifice 2/additional DLC content!

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 7th, 2013 at 6:18 pm said:

Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger is a really fun game. I’m surprised by how much I’m enjoying it, considering I usually don’t play FPS.

But I am a sucker for western themes, and the game doesn’t come across as a serious, depressing look at the Wild West. It’s more of a sarcastic, shooting-gallery type of game laced with lots of dry humor, so, it’s quite enjoyable.

The price is great too. The game could easily go for $40-$50 on disc (if it had online multiplayer modes), so you get a lot for your $14.99. Glad to see it selling well.

+ FireDragonMonkey on June 7th, 2013 at 8:13 pm said:

Oooo Black Rock Shooter is #5 on the PSP games list! I would have totally bought it too if I could get it on my Canadian account :(
But I’m happy to see that with all those sales last month that there were some nice shakeups in the Top 10 lists!! Nice job guys!

+ Welmosca on June 7th, 2013 at 11:26 pm said:

Wow impressive….the majority of the top 20 PS3,PSN are good games and I have just 4 of them…damn….I never had so much games to play and so many games to buy at the same time.Also can’t believe B.O 2 has the 3 top add-ons…cant believe people still buy its DLCs…anyway Rockstar almost owned the PS2 classics damn.Plus didn’t expected gunsliger to be at the top…I’m glad because the demo was good and I’ll buy soon…Bound in Blood is a great game but so underrated.

+ ultratroll on June 8th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Blooddragon, Soul Sacrifice AND GUNSLINGER !! doing good, i’m so happy about this. The world needs a ton fo more games like those 3.

Congrats to the devs of each title.

+ mhn5 on June 8th, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

Anyone else Notice how AMY got the 12th spot? Why are people buying AMY?

+ The_Grey__Warden on June 8th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Hey I’m a long time Playstion user and will most likely get the ps4, but I have to say the new layout of the playstation store isn’t user friendly even though I know that was probably the idea behind the new design. I can’t find what i’m looking for like I used to be able to. I used to be able to hop on scroll down to “what’s new” and see everything added in the recent update. now I have to know exactly what it is I want in order to find it. I’m just saying you closed off the “window-browsing” ” money-burning-a-whole-in-my-pocket” audience with the new layout.

+ MickeyWard09 on June 9th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

SW Battlefront 2 is still up there at the top of the PSP list… I love it! Come on EA, you know what we all want from the Star Wars licence you just bought.

+ KUZY_3 on June 9th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

anyone got Urban Trial Freestyle for Vita, how is it?

+ boob-monster on June 9th, 2013 at 10:48 pm said:

Awesome soul sacrifice is #1 :D glad to see it selling well. But can anyone pleas make a soul sacrifice 2 and gravity rush 2. just one game is not enough it need to be at least 5 each.