PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: 3 New Fixtures in the Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 07, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

With E3 right around the corner, everyone here at PlayStation is putting the final touches on what’s sure to be an exciting event for gamers everywhere. Among other things, we’re excited to see PlayStation Plus continue to evolve, and we’re happy to announce the inclusion of three new PS3 Full Games.

With next week’s PlayStation Store update, we’ll welcome UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and LittleBigPlanet: Karting into the Instant Game Collection!

As many of you keenly observed in Monday’s PlayStation Plus blog post, three PS3 Full Games – LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One – have only four days left in the Instant Game Collection. This means that it’s your last chance to download these great titles as they’ll be stepping down after a year of faithful PS Plus service.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 11th PlayStation Plus Update

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3) Single Player and Free to Play Multiplayer Bundle

PSN Price: This item is only Free for PS Plus members

Uncharted 3
The highly acclaimed single player campaign of Uncharted 3, along with the Free to Play Multiplayer Mode will be available for all PS Plus members to experience, free with their membership! A search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands” propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance, forcing him to confront his deepest fears.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

XCOM Enemy Unknown
From the award-winning creators of Civilization comes an action-strategy game about humanity’s last stand. Threatened by an unknown enemy, Earth’s governments unite to form an elite paramilitary organization, known as XCOM. As the commander of XCOM, you must create a fully operational base, research alien technologies, plan combat missions, and lead your soldiers in fierce battles against a terrifying alien invasion. The decisions you make will affect the fate of humanity. You are our last hope.
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

LittleBigPlanet Karting
Sackboy returns in a completely new Karting adventure to save the Craftworld universe! Get behind the wheel to race through fun-filled tracks, battle in hectic arenas, and collect items in open-world environments. Compete in exciting mini-games and modes unlike anything you’ve seen, and enjoy endless levels created by the LittleBigPlanet community. From game modes to weapon types, never before has Sackboy had so many customization options. If you can dream it, you can drive it!

PlayStation Plus Update 6-11-2013

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday; along with additional Plus content that was announced as part of the June preview, and special discounts as well.

Speaking of the June preview, with all this PS Plus content, this month is shaping up to be one of the best PlayStation Plus months yet. UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3), XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3), and LittleBigPlanet: Karting (PS3) are all dropping next week, joining Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3) which joined PS Plus last week. You’ll still have Machinarium (PS3), Saints Row The Third (PS3), Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita), and God Eater Burst (PSP, PS Vita compatible), all coming in June as well! It’s never been a better time to join up.

We’ve got more to come next week, so again, make sure you watch for all the PlayStation announcements to come at E3. In fact, you can watch Monday’s press conference right here on PlayStation.Blog. In the meantime, if you’ve got feedback or thoughts on this special PS Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3 11

+ NoPity_21 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

+ andyscout on June 7th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Well, Mr Sid. Guess I’ll finally try this XCom. I hope it’s like Valkyria Chronicles, because I friggin love Valkyria Chronicles.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

It’s an amazing game; definitely on my top 5 list from 2012. Hadn’t played a tactics based game that had me hooked like that since the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

+ surachoke on June 7th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Really surprised!! O_O

+ Foolish47 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Why are there not comercials about this!! This keeps getting better each update!

+ lessthancaring on June 7th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Good additions to the collection. X-Com is amazing as is the entire uncharted series. Good month for PS+ members.

+ fernandocani on June 7th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

OK, i think this is the best PS PLUS month since i became plus…

+ JTLB925 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Wow! That is quite the update. Can’t wait to give Xcom a go.

+ ANEEL69 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

ha like the surprise announcement, but was hoping for gran turismo 5 or strong 1st party titles. O well still great!

+ Ouren on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Whoa!

+ OvertechBroch on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Wow… this is just… wow…

+ RedZepp on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Stares longingly at his Vita. Walks away sadly.

+ Techly on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Awesome, games I don’t have and put off buying! … but the only question I have is when will I be able to actually get Pinball Arcade? It still does not work for Vita or PS3…

+ NHDrumline17 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Just for clarification, only the Single Player of Uncharted 3 is going free? If I want the full multiplayer experience, I need to either pay for it on PSN or keep my original Uncharted 3 disc? Is that correct?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

That is correct; the single player campaign is free for PS Plus members. The download comes with the Free to Play Mulitplater. if you like what you play of the UC3 Multiplayer, it’s a small cost to get the complete package there. Unless of course, you have a UC3 disc.

+ zingakun on June 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Very nice, I think there’s a wide variety of games this time! I’m just afraid of the file size of Uncharted 3

Can’t wait for Monday to come >_<

+ fede01_8 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Damn it! don’t you hate it when you buy a game and months later they are on the IGC? Argghhh
A week after the Uncharted 3 sale you put it on the IGC?! Really? This is Infamous 2 all over again. One year after, the same mistake.

On the good side, gonna give a shot to XCOM. And LBPK multiplayer is gonna be more popular, yay!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

If there’s a silver lining to your case, you own the complete version of Uncharted 3 at a massively discounted price. It’s yours to keep, regardless of your Plus sub; so you do have some benefits in your case. But I get where you’re coming from and hope that it doesn’t affect your enjoyment of Plus

+ G-Force08 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Great stuff. :)

I already have all of the games except XCOM, so I’ll be sure to download that. Great update for the month.

+ wilfareus on June 7th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

this is veryVERY nice :D
I just bought UC3:GOTY from my local gamestore lol

+ FadeToOne on June 7th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

I feel like you guys just spoiled a big E3 surprise.

+ ChrisHighwind on June 7th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

XCOM, Uncharted, and LBP Karting? Cool, though I’m not usually a fan of strategy games, Uncharted and LBP Karting should be good. Also, are we really getting Gods Eater Burst?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Yep, God Eater Burst is on deck for later this month

+ Anddo on June 7th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

That’s amazing! X-Com alone makes it worth it.

+ avluis on June 7th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

@ NHDrumline17, Isn’t the multiplayer already free!?

+ Xcaligamer1 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

was hoping for saints row already… looks like m n lil bro (dont live together) wil be playing lbpk online

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Saints Row will be coming later this month, so hang in there! Glad to hear you’ll have a great game to be online with the fam!

+ pOcHo_OX on June 7th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

AMAZING!!!!!!!! great update I already have Uncharted but LBP karting, my daughter will love it.

+ Legaljuana on June 7th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

45 GB…Anyway, great update…If only this quality of delivered content remains consistent, I’ll consider resubscription.

+ Elimin8erX on June 7th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

What an incredible month to be a PS+ subscriber! Some really great PS3 games and Vita games! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a PS+ update in a very long time. Nicely done Sony.

+ FeloRude on June 7th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Very nice update, i will try XCOM and LBPK next week.

+ SolomonSolo17 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Awesome update!

+ xClayMeow on June 7th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Disappointed that’s all Vita is getting during E3 month. What’s the point of pushing PS3 with the PS4 looming? Who handles brand strategy?! I’m not saying PS3 should be thrown out but there should really be a greater focus on Vita at this point with it being an integral piece of the PS4 appeal. There are plenty of Vita titles that could get added…LBP being the obvious choice.

+ Despair-Amit on June 7th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Wow, I swear you guys are peeking at my Amazon shopping cart. First was Saints row the third added right before I bought it and now its XCOM with the same exact thing. Great list of games for June, quite insane actually.

+ Gorvi on June 7th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Very nice. All games I own already, but still very nice.

+ lpinto79 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Definitely surprised! Already have U3 (as any good PSfan should!) but hadn’t had the opportunity to try XCOM and LBPK. Heard great things about XCOM. Noticed the update on Twitter (“Surprise PS Plus Update!”)… oh, do keep these surprises coming for E3!

+ Loonknight on June 7th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

X-com is amazing, I got it on sale a while back. I love these solid updates it makes me a proud PS+ subscriber. Keep them coming Sony, for PS3, Vita, and beyond.

+ Despair-Amit on June 7th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Oh forgot Virtue’s Last Reward as well was in my cart lol.

+ thebgj on June 7th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Holy Guacamole!!!! I have not purchased U3 because i felt it was too repetitive…i loved the first 2 but then i played i the third and didnt see any reason to buy it, BUT freeeeee is A-OK with me.

+ wilfareus on June 7th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

wonder what’s gonna be the Vita IGC replacements

+ gusty81 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Excited mostly about XCOM, both because it’s a great game that I rented but never finished due to time constraints, but because I was expecting first-party games that I would already own. Great addition, and worth checking out for even people who aren’t necessarily strategy game fans (like me.)

Also, I’ll second the request for any updates on a fix for The Pinball Arcade. Still hoping to be able to download that before it leaves the IGC!

+ mung0915 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

I am shocked just how great this month will be for members. It’s like you are finally listening to us.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

We’re always listening to you feedback every week =) Somethings we can change,a nd sometimes that change can be quick, or sometimes it takes a while. Other things we may not be able to change anytime soon, but your feedback is always taken into account on a regular weekly basis throughout the entire year, as it pertains to PSN / PS Plus. Thanks to everyone for their feedback, whether it’s praise, or critiques.

+ darksithantwan on June 7th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Sony,

$49.99 a year with ALL of the content you continue to give…I feel like I’m ripping YOU guys off. Thanks again for another awesome update!

+ TWODEEEE on June 7th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

i love sony so much right now, this is an awesome month

+ trustter on June 7th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

WOW, jusw WOW Sony!

Thanks for for the love! If you guys keeping doing things like this We will always support the brand.

Thanks again!

+ WHITE_PR on June 7th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

OMG!!
Thats why Im watching PS4 Feb 20 Conf. on my youtube PS3 app right now, reading ps blog and a proud member of ps plus!!!

Yes I’m a PlayStation Freak!!!
Gamer 4ever!!!

+ ps_n_blog_ac on June 7th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Cool update but about uncharted 3… why isn’t the full multiplayer mode available with the single player game?

+ IzoGray on June 7th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

You’re replacing Infamous 2 and LBP 2 with LBP K, Uncharted 3, and Xcom…

awful.

+ SCT78 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

The BEST deal ever for PS+, but 45gb download for Uncharted 3 is kind of insane, never downloaded a game (on PC or PS3 or 360) over 20 gb, that’s one downside for the deal…

+ totsboy on June 7th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

and I thought 140 gb was enough >.<

+ likeanobody on June 7th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

“this month is shaping up to be one of the best PlayStation Plus months yet.” Nothing better to say than this.

Keep it coming!

+ saab01 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Am I the only one who thinks this update is not that great? Uncharted 3 was a day one purchase for me and when I have the disc I will not download the digital version. Xcom doesnt seem that fun or a game that I would like from gameplay and LBP Karting will only be fun if it comes with the online pass. I knew LBP karting was going to be one of the games at E3 since it sold so bad. Within 2 months it was down to 20 bucks on disc. I was really hoping for Playstation All Stars and twisted Metal I guess I will have to wait it out now.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

It’s always a concern on PS Plus updates as if you already have the games, the value for you isn’t as strong. The general thing here is that these extra games are in addition to the already announced June lineup. Out of the 8 (EIGHT!) games that we’re delivering free this month, I have to believe you’re getting a good value in there somewhere ;)

+ JoaoFlavio19 on June 7th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Nice update :DD
Was worried about the last PS+ update becausa already own SR III and Deux Ex, but with this news now, Im so fired up.
But i have a doubt, how will be the U3′s size? I think my 80 GB ps3 wont be able to download it :((
Thx for update again

+ Optimizm on June 7th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Why did they list them separately for Uncharted 3? Don’t they still have the regular, full game available? Or is this going to be two separate downloads, one for single player and one for multiplayer?

+ nccows on June 7th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Ho. Ly. Crap. This is by far the best month PS+ has ever seen. It’s a shame I already own XCOM and Uncharted, but if you haven’t played XCOM, let me tell you what: you’re in for a treat. Last year’s Game of the Year.

Can’t wait to play Saint’s Row and Deus Ex! Good on ya, Sony. Now if only we could get Resistance and LBP on Vita+, that would be ideal.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

ageed: XCOM is amazing. I would literally pace around my living room, DualShock 3 in hand, debating decisions to make in battle. And even if a certain turn didn’t go your way, there was usually a chance to turn it around, unless you really screwed up, lol. But when it went your way, and your team was on point, and that awesome soundtrack was going, the game fires on all cylinders like crazy.

PAGE 1 2 3 11