PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation 4 Hardware Revealed at E3

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 10, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

We promised that you’d “see it first.” Now here it is: PlayStation 4 in the flesh.

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

Let us know what you think in the comments, and keep watching our live feed of the press conference. We’re just warming up!

All the news from PlayStation’s E3 2013 Press Conference

$399?

#REKT

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 10th, 2013 at 8:16 pm said:

@ Elvick_

Shoo.

+ goth_darkness on June 10th, 2013 at 8:16 pm said:

Will the PS4 be backwards compatible?

+ CrusaderForever on June 10th, 2013 at 8:18 pm said:

Also, LOVE THE DESIGN!! These pictures do it justice! I am hearing it’s going to be even better looking in person! It’s so great to a part of the winning team!!!

+ OneMoreVillain on June 10th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

Everything was done right, Oh my god, everything. Sony, wow that was just to sick.

+ KazeEternal on June 10th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

PSN Multiplayer NEEDS TO BE FREE FOR REGULAR USERS!

+ CyPhErLoUs on June 10th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

Congrats guys and gals for absolutely stomping all over E3! You have won my heart forever! Now… when can I preorder!?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH THE E3 FOR PS…THEY TALKED ABOUT THE SAME GAMES AS BEFORE AND INTRODUCED LAME NEW ONES..AND NOT ONE NEW GAME FOR THE VITA..OR PS4..THE SYSTEM TO ME LOOKS OK AS IS THE PRICE..BUT MAN..THEY REALLY SLACKED ON GAMES..ESSPECIALLY 3RD PERSON SHOOTERS OR ADVENTURE..SEEMS LIKE THEY WANT EVERY GAME TO BE FP..YET THEY DONT REMEMBER THAT THE GAMES THAT MADE THE PS POPULAR WERE SOCOM,CRASH, SYPHON FILTER,FINAL FANTASY AND METAL GEAR..ALL 3RD PERSON GAMES..SMFH..AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY DIDNT EVEN BOTHER SHOWING US THE HOME SCREEN OF THE SYSTEM..AND WHAT NEW FEATURES IT HAS..LOOKS LIKE I WILL JUST BE SAVING MY MONEY TILL NEXT YEAR..THIS YEAR IM JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO SAINTS ROW 4, 2K14 AND SPLINTERCELL BLACK LIST..:P (ALL NEW PS3 GAMES!)

+ xKOROSHIYAx on June 10th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

Sony,

Thank you for listening to the voice of consumers. No online DRM or used game restrictions for $399 = I just finished preordering my PS4.

+ Shrewder on June 10th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

Just placed my pre-order through Amazon. Much love to the Playstation group. BEYOND!

+ derb on June 10th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

@84 I thought the same thing about it looking similar to the PS2 but in my opinion that’s not a bad thing.

Slot Load or Disc Tray? I can’t tell.

Hard Drive Space?

Sony should include the vertical stand with each system. Still have not found one for the SSlim.

Well the price tag, 4 bills, shocked me a bit. FREE Drive Club at launch just for being a PS+ member!!!!

Day 1 Purchase. :D

+ BrianC6234 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:22 pm said:

Did anyone ever mention the size of the hard drive? Also, will we be able to put another drive in it like on the PS3?

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 10th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

@ The few complainers

I grew up in the 80s. The PS4 does NOT look like a VCR. It does NOT look like BETA. Stop.

What, just because the corners aren’t rounded or something dumb like that? What do you want it to look like? An egg?

It actually looks quite “futuristic” if you ask me. Maybe just open your mind a bit, people. This thing is gorgeous.

+ gamerwebster on June 10th, 2013 at 8:24 pm said:

Do you think Sony will make a reverse analog controller for the PS4?

+ direwolf143 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

can we say bye bye x-box. way to go playstation. i love the fact you are low priced for a new gen console. the games being exchangeable is a plus. add not having to be logged in 24 hours a day is also a big plus. i also love my playstation plus membership. thank you playstation.

+ Biggz124 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

@11

GODDAMN

YOU GOT YOURSELF A PRE ORDER, SONY.

I’m disappointed that FFXV & KH3 aren’t exclusive however.

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

no av port just hdmi

+ illwiththeskill on June 10th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

I just PRE ORDERED on AMAZON.COM

+ mcbuttz78 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

ps2 like look. very nice.. could have been more smoother, but its still nice.. I hope the kool ps3 eject function return

+ mrdeadhead on June 10th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

yo did you guys basically just say that PS4 users without a PS+ subscription WON’T be able to play multiplayer? cause that seems like what he basically just said. come on, did you think sneaking that in after the xbox bashing was gonna be totally fine?

+ Hitokiri_03 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

Thank you for respect us!

+ Guimace on June 10th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

Pretty!!!

I wonder if I’ll manage to snag mine at launch.

+ Pendharker on June 10th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

That was simply THE BEST E3 press conference ever! That exceeded may already-lofty expectations and hopes. Thank you for putting the gamer first. You guys nailed it tonight!

+ angelbless45 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

Ok the conference wasnt very good but the news… OMG… FFXV, KHIII, etc, Plus+ and the price…Im sold!… Now, if you could just sell it on the first or second week of December, thats all I would need!

+ derb on June 10th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

@106

You noticed how quick Jack changed the topic once he listed the Plus benefits. I do agree with you.

+ killercroc119 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

DAMNIT JUST TAKE MY $400 ALREADY !!!!!

+ angelbless45 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:28 pm said:

Add backward compatibility with PS3 games and thats it.. you won!

+ Jotamide on June 10th, 2013 at 8:29 pm said:

Everything was great except PAYING FOR MULTIPLAYER. Why Sony why?! :'(

+ Robotik1er on June 10th, 2013 at 8:29 pm said:

Everytime I ask a question i never get an answer, I just ask that you answer this simple question that everyone not just me wants an answer too.

Will the PS4 be backwards compatible with PS3 games!?

+ idealCOBRA on June 10th, 2013 at 8:29 pm said:

what is the date of release and memory is higher then 500gb right

+ illwiththeskill on June 10th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

@129, Sony has already said pS4 will not be backwards compatible, so the answer is no.

+ Paulbm2kx on June 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

Even as a PS+ user, I don’t like that you’re deciding to allow multiplayer online only for PS+ members. Free multiplayer on PSN has always been considered a pro, I believe even some marketing campaigns for the PS3 have been based off that. I support Sony and I think the PS4 will be the best console on the market but I feel like you guys are making the wrong decision on this

+ Archaga on June 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

Sony,
“And that concludes our E3 conference.”
*Drop the mic. Walks away.”

+ romanblade86 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

Yay for PS4 but I may just wait for the second redesign.

+ D-Chan on June 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

I Just Pre-Ordered on Amazon 399!!!! Jack Tretton you SLY Second Son Of a Chimera.

+ BrianC6234 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

“Everything was great except PAYING FOR MULTIPLAYER. Why Sony why?! :’(”

Did they say that? I didn’t see it. But if you have to pay for PS Plus then just do it. You’ll get some good free games worth way more than PS Plus costs.

+ Midnight714 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

The console looks amazing, great job Sony

+ wolfuzz on June 10th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

I can’t wait it!!! IT”S VERY COOL! Next to new game!!! WHOO XD

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 10th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

You know why Microsoft named their new console “One”?

Because only one person is going to buy it.

+ mogankarthson on June 10th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

69, 96 i feel the heart beat

+ DecadanceFantasy on June 10th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

A little blocky but I so want one! Esp. with Final Fantasy XV and KH3! SO excited for those games! Watch Dogs is a close third.

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

can you upgrade the harddrive

+ onslaughtree on June 10th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

@129, At the end of the confrence Jack stated that ps3/ps2/psp games will use “Gaikai and the Cloud” to stream all of your games to your ps4. It will launch in early 2014.

+ direwolf143 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

i don’t think the online multiplayer charge applies to sony making the decision as much as the developers for the games. think about one time license for some of the ps3 games. i think that not having the limits or requirements like x-box makes this system worth the buy alone. i also have a plus membership and the games released alone is worth the price. think 2 games used $60.00. i like free games more then i like to admit. the membership is totally worth it.

+ derb on June 10th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

@117

There is what looks like an AV port next to the LAN port.. Dunno

+ JONGREY on June 10th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

+ Mobius2525 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

Dear Sony didn’t i tell you to shut up and take my money $399.00 hell put me down for 2 systems!!

+ Seeby4 on June 10th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

only $399.99
I have to say. I was expecting no more than $50 less than X-Box One…. good job Sony.

+ chontes on June 10th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

Ya quiero que salga a la venta !!!!!

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said: