PS4-The Order

PlayStation 4 Hardware Revealed at E3

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 10, 2013 // Social Media Manager

We promised that you’d “see it first.” Now here it is: PlayStation 4 in the flesh.

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

Let us know what you think in the comments, and keep watching our live feed of the press conference. We’re just warming up!

All the news from PlayStation’s E3 2013 Press Conference

Transistor Coming to PS4, From the Creators of Bastion

Grand Theft Auto V PS3 Bundle, Custom Pulse Elite Headset & Custom Audio Mode

Destiny of Spirits Brings Social Strategy to PlayStation Vita

New The Walking Dead DLC, Series Coming to PS Vita with Bundle

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10

+ venneer on June 10th, 2013 at 9:07 pm said:

That thing is gorgeous. Congratulations Sony. You killed it. Crushed it. Completely and utterly obliterated it.

If there was EVER one moment in the history of time where the phrase “pwned” could be used to accurately describe a situation, this is probably that situation.

Enjoy.

+ neuropunk on June 10th, 2013 at 9:07 pm said:

Xbox spydrONE = Nokia NGage

+ RulitoCR on June 10th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

It is epic!!!

+ divineinferno9 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Your E3 was the best! NOW this is the true new generation of gaming and such an affordable price too. Well done.

+ Paulbm2kx on June 10th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

@186 It’s the principle, I think they’re taking the wrong approach. I don’t want to look the other way just because it won’t affect me. I bring it to their attention because they’re turning their backs on their own previous marketing!

+ Kasaix on June 10th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Just…beautiful.

+ bigimpactpooch on June 10th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

So hyped! The only thing that gets me hyped to the idea of another Legend of Dragoon is KH3!!!! I wonder if it’ll be exclusive? I see ps+ is mandatory to play online now…good thing now you can upgrade the online play and you guys deserve all the money from it just for listening to gamers! Damn, that was a awesome conference!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ James Mielke on June 10th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

#DROPTHEMIC #walkoff

+ lisatsunami on June 10th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

It’s so small. I love that. Will be easier to fit all my multiple consoles in my entertainment cabinet. I’m going to pre-order tomorrow at my local GameStop. Did not expect the reasonable price, the small size and shape, free Plus games from the outset, the used game policy, etc. Great event, thanks!

+ Purgatory on June 10th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

Any word on if the PlayStation 4 Camera will come bundled with the system or will you have to buy it separately?

+ FredNation on June 10th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

Smiles at someone else.

+ neuropunk on June 10th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

@208

“PS4 peripherals include the stand-alone Wireless Controller for PlayStation®4
(DUALSHOCK®4) and PlayStation®Camera, which will be available at launch for RRP of
US$ 59, Canada$ 59, € 59 and £ 54, and US$ 59, Canada$ 59, € 49 and £ 44 respectively.
Both accessories will come in “Jet Black” color.”

+ venneer on June 10th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

Best E3 press conference in years. Simply amazing.

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

harddrive is going to be 500GB

+ ZAANOS on June 10th, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

Well done, already pre-ordered. Congrats on effectively going all BANE on the competition Mr. Tretton.

+ EpicAmercian19 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

if i buy two years of ps plus when i get the ps4 can i activate both?

+ neuropunk on June 10th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

LOL! I was being very helpful with answering the question about the camera and PS4, and linked to an OFFICIAL SONY website, yet am still being moderated. How silly.

Guess that’s what I get for being helpful. Moderated on a Sony website for linking to a Sony website. Freaking ridonculous.

Well, I’ll still post that info:

“PS4 peripherals include the stand-alone Wireless Controller for PlayStation®4
Both accessories will come in “Jet Black” color.”

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

a system for 399 with a 500GB harddrive is a damn good price

+ Darewind on June 10th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

I purchased a PS3 because of the free Oline Multiplayer shortly after getting tired of paying for Online Multiplayer on the 360.I currently have a PS+ membership but will not be renewing it especially after the European PS+ members got a much better deal.Adding the subscription requirement for online play has killed all interest I had in the PS4.I will just buy a Wii U.

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

yet you have plus now what is your point

+ gtagod on June 10th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

PLEASE bring back the original dualshock shape :( the extra buttons and touchpad are nice, but did you really have to reshape it? I’ve been holding virtually the same controller for 18 years.. why change that now?

+ BODESPRO on June 10th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

Thank you SONY!

+ Oxybelis on June 10th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

Where is AV multi out? It was in specs. I need it for audio.

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

$5.00 Dollars a month for free games to play for your ps3+ps4+ Playstation vita that’s not bad at all for the price

+ Laporta on June 10th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

Superb! 10/10.
You’ve made me happy, yet again.
Now, if you can tell us the release date, that’d be great.

+ CommandingTiger on June 10th, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

This rugged look makes me think of a ferrari.

+ a1_re4 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

You show it coming with a camera. Does that always have to be connected?

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

not including discount of stuff on the network

+ FeddeCampo on June 10th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Loved the design guys, really great work also on the games :) can’t wai to try it.
Awesome!

+ Dark_Usurper on June 10th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

Watched the presentation! A great one at that. All the news (DRM, used games) I heard were unexpected but, pleasant. Now I just have one question… Will the PS EYE be required to constantly stay connected with the system?

+ Big_Brother_23 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:33 pm said:

I liked Sony toady, how it worked and yes I will buy the the PS4!

+ YOCDUB on June 10th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

EPIC BURN!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&sns=fb

+ ElektroDragon on June 10th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

PLEASE INCLUDE A USER UPGRADABLE HARD DRIVE LIKE PS3!!!

+ BOOMBOX3806 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

will we still have the free online for the next generation ir just end up like M$

+ swissmr on June 10th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

Just pre-ordered. I’m so happy I have +Plus already stacked to 2016 during all the incentives through the years.

+ BOOMBOX3806 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

STILL FREE ONLINE???????

+ DuffBeerLight on June 10th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

I think sony did all the right things
1 – used games
2 – not always needing to be online
3 – the main thing for me is the price $399.99 I mean god what where they thinking $500.00
Dollars for it and it don’t have the graphics as the ps4 in it

+ Tank1889 on June 10th, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

I don’t know if I’m going to get a replay but isn’t the PS Camera suppose to come packed with the console?

+ Darewind on June 10th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

@229&@231 No more free online.
There is a video on youtube from Sony search “Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video” near the end in fine print is says PSN account and playstation plus membership required for online multiplayer.

+ REVV on June 10th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

Not that anyone from Sony will read this but here I go again. I heard that you will require PS Plus to play online. That I am actually totally ok with. Just let me know that I can have PS Plus on my sub-account. As it stands Sony has revoked this right and has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Tell me Sony when this will change. I am an advocate for playstation plus and had it on my sub-account when it initially launched and since terms of service have changed this is not an option. Damn it. I am going to start ranting again.

Too late.

+ CommandingTiger on June 10th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

Looks much better on the vertical.

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

@234
If having to have PS+ to play multiplayer, is the reason you don’t buy PS4 then you should just kill yourself now, it would do the world a big favor. PS+ offer innumerable other benefits that XBL Gold does not and cost the same price.
Plus you don’t have to have PS+, but you have to have XBL Gold. You can enjoy games offline and stuill access Netflix and other features on your PS4 without PS+ which pays for itself since PS+ will have free games each month for PS4 each month starting with Driveline and Indies to follow like Dont Starve. Did you even watch the conference?

Wii U is tanking actually, it is not doing well. I have one and there is only 1 game on it worth playing right now, and not many coming that are worth getting the system for. MH3U is all they have and Nintendo knows it. Thats why it hasn’t reached 1 million in sales in Japan yet.

+ MidoriMonkey on June 10th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

- used games
- no required online
- $399

Pre-Ordered

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

@235
See my comment 237 for your answer.

+ rinnis on June 10th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Cannot wait to unbox it!

+ CommandingTiger on June 10th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

I’m not ok with paying to play online.
For extra features with Plus, yes, but online gaming will need to stay free or I’m staying PS3.
Why? Most of my friends aren’t Plus members, if I can’t plsy with any of them, then why bother.

I’ll always be a plus member (Think I got, like, 4 years auto-renewals)
But online needs to be free.
If it cost too much for servers and bandwith, do what google did, ivest a little more (100$ Million) and buy yourself a SMALL hydro-electric damn capable of beholding your servers with electricity, then resell the unused energy to the town.

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 10:01 pm said:

Only $432.44 with Launch day deliver and 2 year extended warranty from Amazon. That’s the price of tax in most States and its an extended warranty and delivered to your door–Free with Amazon Prime.
Order through Amazon, its the way to go.

And how many times will I have to say to all yall. “Don’t FEED THE TROLLS.”

+ duff916 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:02 pm said:

PS4 D1P!

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

@241
You need new friends if they can’t afford PS+. And again, you’re not really paying to play online since PS+ spans across PSV/PS3/PS4. You actually cheat yourself by not having PS+. I have been a supporter since it launched in June 2010 and mine expires in December 2015.

+ dodgedoors on June 10th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

@ArchAngelMai That is exactly what I did too.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10